• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:34
CEST 06:34
KST 13:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10016 users

[GSL] Code S Season 2 2016 - Grand Final - Page 70

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70
phodacbiet
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1740 Posts
September 14 2016 16:20 GMT
#1381
On September 15 2016 00:38 LogicalTechno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2016 12:11 Nakajin wrote:
On September 14 2016 11:12 LogicalTechno wrote:
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too



The game is a lot faster then in WoL, with the economy and the new units (medivac bost, widow mine, flying tank, oracle, adept...) It force generally more mistake then in WoL that was a lot more passive, but the level is clearly not lower, as for the observer I can't realy say.



I agree it is faster. Especially the third base timing.

SoS seemed very very very bad in that series.

EDIT: I just remember some WoL games that had many more amazing moments than this series. I'm trying to think.... there was a Tal Darim altar game where the Terran had these ghost with sick EMPs... I remember Tastosis going crazy on "ghosts walking between the legs of collossi" I remember that game being amazing... I remember when snipe entered the meta... some TvZ on Metallopolis where Snipe destroyed the zergs BroodLord/Ultra army... I remember that being amazing... 1/1/1's vs Protosss.... Slayers MMA dropping constantly... I remember this game being even better.....

MKP vs Nada on Shakuras Plateau...


Dong Rae Gu winning MLG... those games were better than anything I've seen this series of GSL.

IMMVP......


I think that is just nostalgia blinding us. WoL is definitely an easier game than LoTV (and I am only comparing between the two sc2 games, I am not saying WoL was an easy game). Like if you watch that Nada game, their micro was good, but it was on a much smaller scale. Fast forward to Byun Vs SoS -- while it wasn't the best series because it was so one-sided (like most GSL finals), the fights were much grander and better. At any point in time, Byun was constantly attacking, dropping, and doing three things. SoS himself was also doing the same thing, multitasking, attacking, harassing -- but Byun was just better. I think as a whole, LotV is much better spectator wise. But series wise, I would have liked a bit better play from SoS. Byun definitely stepped up and has my heart tho. That guy is definitely going to be the next Zerg Bonjwa.
LogicalTechno
Profile Joined September 2016
4 Posts
September 15 2016 19:09 GMT
#1382
On September 15 2016 01:20 phodacbiet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2016 00:38 LogicalTechno wrote:
On September 14 2016 12:11 Nakajin wrote:
On September 14 2016 11:12 LogicalTechno wrote:
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too



The game is a lot faster then in WoL, with the economy and the new units (medivac bost, widow mine, flying tank, oracle, adept...) It force generally more mistake then in WoL that was a lot more passive, but the level is clearly not lower, as for the observer I can't realy say.



I agree it is faster. Especially the third base timing.

SoS seemed very very very bad in that series.

EDIT: I just remember some WoL games that had many more amazing moments than this series. I'm trying to think.... there was a Tal Darim altar game where the Terran had these ghost with sick EMPs... I remember Tastosis going crazy on "ghosts walking between the legs of collossi" I remember that game being amazing... I remember when snipe entered the meta... some TvZ on Metallopolis where Snipe destroyed the zergs BroodLord/Ultra army... I remember that being amazing... 1/1/1's vs Protosss.... Slayers MMA dropping constantly... I remember this game being even better.....

MKP vs Nada on Shakuras Plateau... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5crAAsosUdA

Dong Rae Gu winning MLG... those games were better than anything I've seen this series of GSL.

IMMVP......


I think that is just nostalgia blinding us. WoL is definitely an easier game than LoTV (and I am only comparing between the two sc2 games, I am not saying WoL was an easy game). Like if you watch that Nada game, their micro was good, but it was on a much smaller scale. Fast forward to Byun Vs SoS -- while it wasn't the best series because it was so one-sided (like most GSL finals), the fights were much grander and better. At any point in time, Byun was constantly attacking, dropping, and doing three things. SoS himself was also doing the same thing, multitasking, attacking, harassing -- but Byun was just better. I think as a whole, LotV is much better spectator wise. But series wise, I would have liked a bit better play from SoS. Byun definitely stepped up and has my heart tho. That guy is definitely going to be the next Zerg Bonjwa.


I really appreciate the respectful response. Tally ho
slit
Profile Joined March 2013
Spain212 Posts
September 15 2016 21:04 GMT
#1383
On September 15 2016 01:20 phodacbiet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2016 00:38 LogicalTechno wrote:
On September 14 2016 12:11 Nakajin wrote:
On September 14 2016 11:12 LogicalTechno wrote:
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too



The game is a lot faster then in WoL, with the economy and the new units (medivac bost, widow mine, flying tank, oracle, adept...) It force generally more mistake then in WoL that was a lot more passive, but the level is clearly not lower, as for the observer I can't realy say.



I agree it is faster. Especially the third base timing.

SoS seemed very very very bad in that series.

EDIT: I just remember some WoL games that had many more amazing moments than this series. I'm trying to think.... there was a Tal Darim altar game where the Terran had these ghost with sick EMPs... I remember Tastosis going crazy on "ghosts walking between the legs of collossi" I remember that game being amazing... I remember when snipe entered the meta... some TvZ on Metallopolis where Snipe destroyed the zergs BroodLord/Ultra army... I remember that being amazing... 1/1/1's vs Protosss.... Slayers MMA dropping constantly... I remember this game being even better.....

MKP vs Nada on Shakuras Plateau... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5crAAsosUdA

Dong Rae Gu winning MLG... those games were better than anything I've seen this series of GSL.

IMMVP......


I think that is just nostalgia blinding us. WoL is definitely an easier game than LoTV (and I am only comparing between the two sc2 games, I am not saying WoL was an easy game). Like if you watch that Nada game, their micro was good, but it was on a much smaller scale. Fast forward to Byun Vs SoS -- while it wasn't the best series because it was so one-sided (like most GSL finals), the fights were much grander and better. At any point in time, Byun was constantly attacking, dropping, and doing three things. SoS himself was also doing the same thing, multitasking, attacking, harassing -- but Byun was just better. I think as a whole, LotV is much better spectator wise. But series wise, I would have liked a bit better play from SoS. Byun definitely stepped up and has my heart tho. That guy is definitely going to be the next Zerg Bonjwa.


Terran Bonjwa? Or I did lost something...?
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 15 2016 21:20 GMT
#1384
On September 16 2016 06:04 slit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2016 01:20 phodacbiet wrote:
On September 15 2016 00:38 LogicalTechno wrote:
On September 14 2016 12:11 Nakajin wrote:
On September 14 2016 11:12 LogicalTechno wrote:
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too



The game is a lot faster then in WoL, with the economy and the new units (medivac bost, widow mine, flying tank, oracle, adept...) It force generally more mistake then in WoL that was a lot more passive, but the level is clearly not lower, as for the observer I can't realy say.



I agree it is faster. Especially the third base timing.

SoS seemed very very very bad in that series.

EDIT: I just remember some WoL games that had many more amazing moments than this series. I'm trying to think.... there was a Tal Darim altar game where the Terran had these ghost with sick EMPs... I remember Tastosis going crazy on "ghosts walking between the legs of collossi" I remember that game being amazing... I remember when snipe entered the meta... some TvZ on Metallopolis where Snipe destroyed the zergs BroodLord/Ultra army... I remember that being amazing... 1/1/1's vs Protosss.... Slayers MMA dropping constantly... I remember this game being even better.....

MKP vs Nada on Shakuras Plateau... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5crAAsosUdA

Dong Rae Gu winning MLG... those games were better than anything I've seen this series of GSL.

IMMVP......


I think that is just nostalgia blinding us. WoL is definitely an easier game than LoTV (and I am only comparing between the two sc2 games, I am not saying WoL was an easy game). Like if you watch that Nada game, their micro was good, but it was on a much smaller scale. Fast forward to Byun Vs SoS -- while it wasn't the best series because it was so one-sided (like most GSL finals), the fights were much grander and better. At any point in time, Byun was constantly attacking, dropping, and doing three things. SoS himself was also doing the same thing, multitasking, attacking, harassing -- but Byun was just better. I think as a whole, LotV is much better spectator wise. But series wise, I would have liked a bit better play from SoS. Byun definitely stepped up and has my heart tho. That guy is definitely going to be the next Zerg Bonjwa.


Terran Bonjwa? Or I did lost something...?

next zerg bonjwa used to be a joke referred to any up and coming player who had a good day
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
September 16 2016 06:52 GMT
#1385
i prefered the ty/zest last final but byun winning is pretty fucking crazy. he deserved all his wins and played perfectly. i thought protoss and adepts were broken when i saw maru and ty get "protoss'd" but byun showed me i was completely wrong.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
September 16 2016 12:55 GMT
#1386
On September 16 2016 15:52 jodogohoo wrote:
i prefered the ty/zest last final but byun winning is pretty fucking crazy. he deserved all his wins and played perfectly. i thought protoss and adepts were broken when i saw maru and ty get "protoss'd" but byun showed me i was completely wrong.

No...u were right
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
September 17 2016 06:30 GMT
#1387
On September 16 2016 21:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2016 15:52 jodogohoo wrote:
i prefered the ty/zest last final but byun winning is pretty fucking crazy. he deserved all his wins and played perfectly. i thought protoss and adepts were broken when i saw maru and ty get "protoss'd" but byun showed me i was completely wrong.

No...u were right

technically dear was suiciding into byun but the cloaked banshee play against dear was legit and the widow mine drops were pretty effective against zest.

byun was constantly pushing the action and zest was forced to try and react and multi task accordingly which lead to some adept suiciding...
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
September 23 2016 22:20 GMT
#1388
hwat a god
Community News
TL+ Member
MiniFotToss
Profile Joined December 2013
China2430 Posts
September 24 2016 00:25 GMT
#1389
On September 17 2016 15:30 jodogohoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2016 21:55 Cricketer12 wrote:
On September 16 2016 15:52 jodogohoo wrote:
i prefered the ty/zest last final but byun winning is pretty fucking crazy. he deserved all his wins and played perfectly. i thought protoss and adepts were broken when i saw maru and ty get "protoss'd" but byun showed me i was completely wrong.

No...u were right

technically dear was suiciding into byun but the cloaked banshee play against dear was legit and the widow mine drops were pretty effective against zest.

byun was constantly pushing the action and zest was forced to try and react and multi task accordingly which lead to some adept suiciding...

dear, you said Zest, just saying
Prev 1 68 69 70
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft415
RuFF_SC2 196
Nina 103
-ZergGirl 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2128
sorry 37
910 26
Bale 17
yabsab 15
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
taco 328
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox825
Other Games
summit1g7249
JimRising 687
Day[9].tv454
WinterStarcraft327
C9.Mang0272
Livibee146
Sick136
Maynarde124
ViBE89
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick833
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream186
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota294
League of Legends
• Stunt319
Other Games
• Day9tv454
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 26m
Stellar Fest
8h 26m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.