• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:28
CEST 21:28
KST 04:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7597 users

[GSL] Code S Season 2 2016 - Grand Final - Page 69

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 Next
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 00:58:20
September 11 2016 00:55 GMT
#1361
Why is it so hard to get vods for wcs/gsl?

Edit: NM

the vod link in these threads is basically useless.
darkboy01
Profile Joined August 2015
1 Post
September 11 2016 01:09 GMT
#1362
VOD : https://www.twitch.tv/gsl/v/88547297
game start 03:39:00
Loccstana
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
United States833 Posts
September 11 2016 02:19 GMT
#1363
Someone needs to organize a showmatch between the GSL champ and Avilo.

     (2778) ByuN  0-0  avilo (1003)    
---------------------------------------
84.21% 4-0 0-4 0.00%
14.17% 4-1 1-4 0.00%
1.49% 4-2 2-4 0.00%
0.13% 4-3 3-4 0.01%
---------------------------------------
99.99% 0.01%

Median outcome: ByuN 4-0 avilo

Estimated by Aligulac. Modify.
[url]http://i.imgur.com/lw2yN.jpg[/url]
J. Corsair
Profile Joined June 2014
United States470 Posts
September 11 2016 04:15 GMT
#1364
SO HAPPY FOR BYUN!!!!! One of the best moments of my SC viewing memories.
“...it is human nature, I suppose, to be futile and ridiculous.” - Scaramouche
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
September 11 2016 07:35 GMT
#1365
Byun... who would have thought.
Someone call down the Thunder?
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4559 Posts
September 11 2016 07:46 GMT
#1366
amazing well done byun!
hi. big fan.
Crocolisk Dundee
Profile Blog Joined October 2015
870 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-27 04:03:17
September 11 2016 09:51 GMT
#1367
'I didn't see you win any offline tournaments, while I have more championships than fingers to count them on.'

This was when I started wanting ByuN to crush sOs... Which he did, surprisingly. His micro and decision-making was awesome to watch!
Stopped watching ESL content in 2022 when the company was acquired by Savvy Gaming Group. Also object to sponsorships by the U.S. Air Force. Thanks for the lively discussions about sportswashing. StarCraft II is not for me anymore.
Alarak89
Profile Joined January 2016
United States882 Posts
September 11 2016 10:06 GMT
#1368
On September 11 2016 18:51 Crocolisk Dundee wrote:
'I didn't see you win any offline tournaments, while I have more championships than fingers to count them on.'

This was when I started wanting ByuN to crush sOs... Which he did, surprisingly. His micro and decision-making was amesome to watch!

Well, what sOs said is based on truth, so you shouldn't feel too bad.
sOs is THE ONLY player I pay attention to
_Animus_
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria1064 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 12:36:59
September 11 2016 12:33 GMT
#1369
I dont like sc2 at all, but this final was amazing. Buyns performance is on another level.
Luv ya BroodWar!
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
September 11 2016 13:05 GMT
#1370
On September 11 2016 19:06 Alarak89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2016 18:51 Crocolisk Dundee wrote:
'I didn't see you win any offline tournaments, while I have more championships than fingers to count them on.'

This was when I started wanting ByuN to crush sOs... Which he did, surprisingly. His micro and decision-making was amesome to watch!

Well, what sOs said is based on truth, so you shouldn't feel too bad.

Did sOs even win a starleague?
He was good in PL when he was my captain but hasn't been stellar in individual korean leagues afaik.

Polt beat him relatively recently (6 months?) in a bo7 finals, his PvT ain't perfect and it showed.
Still a good finals, finally a terran crowned :o.
WriterMaru
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
September 11 2016 14:47 GMT
#1371
It´s like Maru with personality <3

Very impressed by Byun, he really deserved the title and we really deserved a champion who shows emotions and strings together consecutive sentences.
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3136 Posts
September 11 2016 16:22 GMT
#1372
Man, what a story. The games were a little one-sided, but Byun's play was absolutely next-level. So good.
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
Alarak89
Profile Joined January 2016
United States882 Posts
September 11 2016 17:47 GMT
#1373
On September 11 2016 22:05 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2016 19:06 Alarak89 wrote:
On September 11 2016 18:51 Crocolisk Dundee wrote:
'I didn't see you win any offline tournaments, while I have more championships than fingers to count them on.'

This was when I started wanting ByuN to crush sOs... Which he did, surprisingly. His micro and decision-making was amesome to watch!

Well, what sOs said is based on truth, so you shouldn't feel too bad.

Did sOs even win a starleague?
He was good in PL when he was my captain but hasn't been stellar in individual korean leagues afaik.

Polt beat him relatively recently (6 months?) in a bo7 finals, his PvT ain't perfect and it showed.
Still a good finals, finally a terran crowned :o.

And what does starleague have to do with what sOs said? I thought hot6 cup was happened in South Korea, which is a "worldwide" country.
Also I think he already mentioned "offline" games which will exclude the game with Polt. But yes, his PvT is not in a good shape right now and Byun played that final very well.
sOs is THE ONLY player I pay attention to
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
September 11 2016 20:19 GMT
#1374
to me, it was clear that variations of vr/collo were prepared as the 'non-cheese' playstyle sos was gonna use in the series.

and after showing it in game3 again and failing despite his build being pretty dope (he honestly coulda won g3 with better execution), he definitely fell apart.
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
Rollora
Profile Joined February 2012
2450 Posts
September 13 2016 20:15 GMT
#1375
I am so glad that the cheeser didn't get another title this time.
LogicalTechno
Profile Joined September 2016
4 Posts
September 14 2016 02:12 GMT
#1376
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too
Lil_nooblet
Profile Joined March 2016
United States459 Posts
September 14 2016 02:24 GMT
#1377
On September 14 2016 11:12 LogicalTechno wrote:
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too

No way. Today's level of play is way higher. It's just the natural progression of any sport/game. As time goes on players get better and better and the average skill level gets higher.
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
September 14 2016 03:11 GMT
#1378
On September 14 2016 11:12 LogicalTechno wrote:
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too



The game is a lot faster then in WoL, with the economy and the new units (medivac bost, widow mine, flying tank, oracle, adept...) It force generally more mistake then in WoL that was a lot more passive, but the level is clearly not lower, as for the observer I can't realy say.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
~ava
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada379 Posts
September 14 2016 03:13 GMT
#1379
I've been a filthy casual Starcraft viewer and haven't watched a series for maybe 2 years. Then I found sc2casts.com and decided to watch every game of this GSL. I just saw the final, what a great decision to get back into watching... Byun is a beast
LogicalTechno
Profile Joined September 2016
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-14 15:47:10
September 14 2016 15:38 GMT
#1380
On September 14 2016 12:11 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2016 11:12 LogicalTechno wrote:
So I havent watched any SC2 since WoL.....


I feel like WoL play was higher level than this....

MC at his prime...
MMA/MKP/MVP at their Prime.
DRG/Nestea at their prime,,,,


....

anyone else feel that way?

The medivac control was good, but ....

and the observing seeemed really bad too



The game is a lot faster then in WoL, with the economy and the new units (medivac bost, widow mine, flying tank, oracle, adept...) It force generally more mistake then in WoL that was a lot more passive, but the level is clearly not lower, as for the observer I can't realy say.



I agree it is faster. Especially the third base timing.

SoS seemed very very very bad in that series.

EDIT: I just remember some WoL games that had many more amazing moments than this series. I'm trying to think.... there was a Tal Darim altar game where the Terran had these ghost with sick EMPs... I remember Tastosis going crazy on "ghosts walking between the legs of collossi" I remember that game being amazing... I remember when snipe entered the meta... some TvZ on Metallopolis where Snipe destroyed the zergs BroodLord/Ultra army... I remember that being amazing... 1/1/1's vs Protosss.... Slayers MMA dropping constantly... I remember this game being even better.....

MKP vs Nada on Shakuras Plateau...


Dong Rae Gu winning MLG... those games were better than anything I've seen this series of GSL.

IMMVP......
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM994
TaKeTV 332
TKL 330
IndyStarCraft 209
BRAT_OK 95
ZombieGrub74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 994
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 209
MaxPax 180
BRAT_OK 95
ZombieGrub59
JuggernautJason54
Nathanias 32
EmSc Tv 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 667
ggaemo 162
White-Ra 161
firebathero 80
Barracks 60
910 49
Killer 28
Shine 27
Trap 26
yabsab 7
Counter-Strike
Fnx 813
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0174
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8653
crisheroes1702
Liquid`Hasu1590
Trikslyr63
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4488
summit1g3576
singsing1372
Beastyqt816
shahzam435
B2W.Neo354
ArmadaUGS140
KnowMe126
UpATreeSC84
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream422
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 20
EmSc2Tv 20
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 195
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 19
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade834
Other Games
• Shiphtur329
• imaqtpie7
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.