• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:37
CEST 06:37
KST 13:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9740 users

[Code S] RO32 Group C 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 - Page 68

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 72 Next
Giriath
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden2412 Posts
April 10 2013 14:52 GMT
#1341
On April 10 2013 23:46 s3rp wrote:
Anyone claiming Kespa >>> eSF after today needs to shut the hell up . The play of the whole group overall was pretty weak even sOs that pretty much dominated the group did not look that solid. If someone puts him at #1 Prtoss after this than thats just sad.


I don't care about KesPA vs. eSF but I'd like for you to substantiate your claim that it's sad to rank sOs as #1 Protoss.

What did he do today and in his SPL match against JYP that he could have done better? Who would you rank above him, and what they do better than him?
Education should be our seniors guiding us to be "who" we want to be, not "what" we want to be.
waylander_
Profile Joined March 2013
United States82 Posts
April 10 2013 14:56 GMT
#1342
On April 10 2013 14:28 waylander_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 14:16 Dodgin wrote:
If soo actually advances I'll be shocked, I'm pretty sure any posts predicting him to advance are just trying to bait ESF fans.



Rank 13 in SPL brah, won MvP invitational, and trashed MVP last GSL, albeit in wings.

Still, if you followed his play you'd know Soo is playing much better than the struggling MKP.

Also, last season Curious lost a ZvZ to a guy who got 4-0'd by Snute, and he doesn't have a single accomplishment in the past 2 years. so should be cakewalk for Soo.




Told ya :D
Empirimancer
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1024 Posts
April 10 2013 14:57 GMT
#1343
When I watch Kespa players play I don't get the feeling that they're much better than ESF ones. I mean, the top Kespa players seem about as good as the top ESF players, the average Kespa players aren't significantly better than average ESF players, and so on. So it seems strange that they're dominating in GSL.

Giriath
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden2412 Posts
April 10 2013 14:59 GMT
#1344
On April 10 2013 23:56 waylander_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 14:28 waylander_ wrote:
On April 10 2013 14:16 Dodgin wrote:
If soo actually advances I'll be shocked, I'm pretty sure any posts predicting him to advance are just trying to bait ESF fans.



Rank 13 in SPL brah, won MvP invitational, and trashed MVP last GSL, albeit in wings.

Still, if you followed his play you'd know Soo is playing much better than the struggling MKP.

Also, last season Curious lost a ZvZ to a guy who got 4-0'd by Snute, and he doesn't have a single accomplishment in the past 2 years. so should be cakewalk for Soo.




Told ya :D


Good prediction based on sound knowledge. He didn't play MKP but if he did I imagine he would've done even better than Curious did.
Education should be our seniors guiding us to be "who" we want to be, not "what" we want to be.
Giriath
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden2412 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 15:45:56
April 10 2013 15:10 GMT
#1345
On April 10 2013 23:57 Empirimancer wrote:
When I watch Kespa players play I don't get the feeling that they're much better than ESF ones. I mean, the top Kespa players seem about as good as the top ESF players, the average Kespa players aren't significantly better than average ESF players, and so on. So it seems strange that they're dominating in GSL.



Really? It's my impression that the average KesPA player has a bit better composure, multitasking ability, decision-making and knowledge of what strategies work vs. the strategies their opponent employs.

I attribute this to a better practice environment with more experienced coaches and fellow players, who have been around a long time. Also, I think the SPL format forces the participating teams to improve practice for all or most members, because ace players are less important than in the GSTL all-kill format where one or two ace players may be relied on to win matches solely by themselves.
Education should be our seniors guiding us to be "who" we want to be, not "what" we want to be.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
April 10 2013 15:10 GMT
#1346
On April 10 2013 23:16 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 22:55 Charlie.Sheen wrote:
On April 10 2013 22:34 opterown wrote:
the strange thing is that i don't see many (if at all) insufferable esf fans going esf >>> kespa when kespa players lose


eSF fans are teenagely nice, still naive. KeSPA fans are in midlife crisis, nasty is necessary.


so I'm having midlife crisis at the age of 20...man do i grow old fast.

I'm afraid he can be right about me :D
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
April 10 2013 15:11 GMT
#1347
On April 10 2013 23:08 sinigang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 22:56 slowbacontron wrote:
I saw plenty of esf fans in the previews for this group who claimed that Curious and MKP were easily going to win, probably because they hadn't paid any attention to the Kespa scene. But yes, it's the Kespa fans who come crowing over every frikkin' victory these days because Kespa is the cool thing to support, the "new" kids on the block (maybe an opportunity for the old fans to flaunt their superiority).


I think a major reason this is happening is because KeSPA fans felt disrespected back in 2010 when new fans who only followed SC2 and eSF players started proclaiming new gods and heroes of StarCraft (which were mere B-teamers and punching bags in BW by the way). KeSPA fans couldn't stand that these players were freeloading in SC2 while their heroes were stuck playing BW and had to go through a long and tough transition period. Now that that's over and KeSPA is here to stay for good, the old school fans are seeking a sense of vindication. This will last until tournaments are dominantly represented by KeSPA (which includes KeSPA picking up straggling eSF pros).



Or some of the Kespa players just wanted to stay in their comfortable zone while getting a salary. You might think it is freeloading but players that moved to sc2 early also took a big risk. A lot of the other lesser Kespa player didn't have the balls to do it.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
April 10 2013 15:11 GMT
#1348
On April 10 2013 22:34 opterown wrote:
the strange thing is that i don't see many (if at all) insufferable esf fans going esf >>> kespa when kespa players lose

that's because kespa is allowed to lose and esf is not
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
April 10 2013 15:14 GMT
#1349
0-2 for MKP? good day!
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
April 10 2013 15:16 GMT
#1350
Hooray. Both my boys made it through. SoO you had me worried.
p14c
Profile Joined May 2010
Vatican City State431 Posts
April 10 2013 15:18 GMT
#1351
I think we can all agree one thing. Kespa players have better ZvZ skills for sure. With the muta buff the skill difference is even bigger.
Game Over, Man! Game Over!
waylander_
Profile Joined March 2013
United States82 Posts
April 10 2013 15:19 GMT
#1352
ESF players need to wake up fast, or GSL will turn into a kespa league. None of this streaming, foreign tournament, twitter/facebook in between games crap
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
April 10 2013 15:23 GMT
#1353
On April 11 2013 00:10 Giriath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 23:57 Empirimancer wrote:
When I watch Kespa players play I don't get the feeling that they're much better than ESF ones. I mean, the top Kespa players seem about as good as the top ESF players, the average Kespa players aren't significantly better than average ESF players, and so on. So it seems strange that they're dominating in GSL.



Really? It's my impression that the average KesPA player has a bit better composure, multitasking ability, decision-making and knowledge of what strategies work vs. the strategies their opponent employs.

[...]

It's my feeling as well, and I don't care at all for the "Kespa vs ESF" thing so I can't really be biased.
In fact, my favorite player is an ESF player, and I'll be the first to admit that he got his ass handed to him pretty badly today :D
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
April 10 2013 15:25 GMT
#1354
On April 11 2013 00:19 waylander_ wrote:
ESF players need to wake up fast, or GSL will turn into a kespa league. None of this streaming, foreign tournament, twitter/facebook in between games crap


Don't mind an all KeSPa GSL, don't mind an all ESF GSL. If foreigners would take all spots through qualifiers, wouldn't mind that either. I'd like to watch the best games possible and the players that do qualify are 'GENERALLY' speaking the best. Ofcourse you cannot determine and say those top 32 are the best players in the world, but they certainly earned their spot for that season.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
April 10 2013 15:29 GMT
#1355
On April 10 2013 23:52 Giriath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 23:46 s3rp wrote:
Anyone claiming Kespa >>> eSF after today needs to shut the hell up . The play of the whole group overall was pretty weak even sOs that pretty much dominated the group did not look that solid. If someone puts him at #1 Prtoss after this than thats just sad.


I don't care about KesPA vs. eSF but I'd like for you to substantiate your claim that it's sad to rank sOs as #1 Protoss.

What did he do today and in his SPL match against JYP that he could have done better? Who would you rank above him, and what they do better than him?


Usually when i see a great player i see something that wow's me . Something he does extraordinarily well . I just don't see it in sOs . He's pretty good but he doesn't strike me as a special player. He won today builds that most likely his opponents haven't faced before . Soo and MKP both really didn't properly react . In term of who's #1 Toss ? I don't know . Can't say i think there's a definitive number #1 . Hell it could be sOs but if he is i don't think it's going to stay that we because i don't think the way he won today has sustainability.

Btw i barely watch SPL it's in the middle of the night and Whiplash and Supernovamaniac are .... well not so good. I also barely watch VOD's . If it's not live i won't watch it.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
April 10 2013 15:33 GMT
#1356
On April 11 2013 00:29 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 23:52 Giriath wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:46 s3rp wrote:
Anyone claiming Kespa >>> eSF after today needs to shut the hell up . The play of the whole group overall was pretty weak even sOs that pretty much dominated the group did not look that solid. If someone puts him at #1 Prtoss after this than thats just sad.


I don't care about KesPA vs. eSF but I'd like for you to substantiate your claim that it's sad to rank sOs as #1 Protoss.

What did he do today and in his SPL match against JYP that he could have done better? Who would you rank above him, and what they do better than him?


Usually when i see a great player i see something that wow's me . Something he does extraordinarily well . I just don't see it in sOs . He's pretty good but he doesn't strike me as a special player. He won today builds that most likely his opponents haven't faced before . Soo and MKP both really didn't properly react . In term of who's #1 Toss ? I don't know . Can't say i think there's a definitive number #1 . Hell it could be sOs but if he is i don't think it's going to stay that we because i don't think the way he won today has sustainability.

Btw i barely watch SPL it's in the middle of the night and Whiplash and Supernovamaniac are .... well not so good. I also barely watch VOD's . If it's not live i won't watch it.


Must be student if its in the middle of the night for you :D
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
April 10 2013 15:33 GMT
#1357
On April 11 2013 00:23 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:10 Giriath wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:57 Empirimancer wrote:
When I watch Kespa players play I don't get the feeling that they're much better than ESF ones. I mean, the top Kespa players seem about as good as the top ESF players, the average Kespa players aren't significantly better than average ESF players, and so on. So it seems strange that they're dominating in GSL.



Really? It's my impression that the average KesPA player has a bit better composure, multitasking ability, decision-making and knowledge of what strategies work vs. the strategies their opponent employs.

[...]

It's my feeling as well, and I don't care at all for the "Kespa vs ESF" thing so I can't really be biased.
In fact, my favorite player is an ESF player, and I'll be the first to admit that he got his ass handed to him pretty badly today :D


MKP hasn't been very good in GSL for a while now though . Every now and then he play awesome for a few games giving you hope he'll return to is old self . Only to put of a complete stinker like today. Especially the Curious series was just horrible by MKP.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 15:36:44
April 10 2013 15:36 GMT
#1358
On April 11 2013 00:33 Type|NarutO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:29 s3rp wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Giriath wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:46 s3rp wrote:
Anyone claiming Kespa >>> eSF after today needs to shut the hell up . The play of the whole group overall was pretty weak even sOs that pretty much dominated the group did not look that solid. If someone puts him at #1 Prtoss after this than thats just sad.


I don't care about KesPA vs. eSF but I'd like for you to substantiate your claim that it's sad to rank sOs as #1 Protoss.

What did he do today and in his SPL match against JYP that he could have done better? Who would you rank above him, and what they do better than him?


Usually when i see a great player i see something that wow's me . Something he does extraordinarily well . I just don't see it in sOs . He's pretty good but he doesn't strike me as a special player. He won today builds that most likely his opponents haven't faced before . Soo and MKP both really didn't properly react . In term of who's #1 Toss ? I don't know . Can't say i think there's a definitive number #1 . Hell it could be sOs but if he is i don't think it's going to stay that we because i don't think the way he won today has sustainability.

Btw i barely watch SPL it's in the middle of the night and Whiplash and Supernovamaniac are .... well not so good. I also barely watch VOD's . If it's not live i won't watch it.


Must be student if its in the middle of the night for you :D


SPL is really early somewhere 3am to 6am , right ? Sometimes it might be at different times but not times i can watch regularly IRC:
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
April 10 2013 15:39 GMT
#1359
On April 11 2013 00:33 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:23 ZenithM wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:10 Giriath wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:57 Empirimancer wrote:
When I watch Kespa players play I don't get the feeling that they're much better than ESF ones. I mean, the top Kespa players seem about as good as the top ESF players, the average Kespa players aren't significantly better than average ESF players, and so on. So it seems strange that they're dominating in GSL.



Really? It's my impression that the average KesPA player has a bit better composure, multitasking ability, decision-making and knowledge of what strategies work vs. the strategies their opponent employs.

[...]

It's my feeling as well, and I don't care at all for the "Kespa vs ESF" thing so I can't really be biased.
In fact, my favorite player is an ESF player, and I'll be the first to admit that he got his ass handed to him pretty badly today :D


MKP hasn't been very good in GSL for a while now though . Every now and then he play awesome for a few games giving you hope he'll return to is old self . Only to put of a complete stinker like today. Especially the Curious series was just horrible by MKP.

MKP was one of the best non-Kespa TvZer pre-HotS though (he beat Roro pretty handily in the GSL Roro won :D). People say his TvZ was horrible, but so was everybody else's. Maybe Taeja's was a bit better, but that's about it. Now MKP just loses everything, and Taeja is but a broken shadow.
Then, people like Innovation and Flash came up, and that's about when I started to think that Kespa was about to overtake ESF as the organisation with the best players.
CrayonPopChoa
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada761 Posts
April 10 2013 15:41 GMT
#1360
On April 10 2013 23:32 Shellshock1122 wrote:
why do people care about kespa or esf. it doesnt fucking matter



Oh it matters. I despise anyone that is a fan of ESF. I think BW is superior in every way over SC2 and that KESPA players are the best RTS players. So by them crushing ESF guys I think it validates my believe. Its one of the main reasons I follow the SC2 scene. I also dont get why people get upset when someone posts about one or the other superiority. Thats the kind of stuff that makes rooting for sports so fun. As long as its done in a not in your face way, I dont see anything wrong with it. I would love to have SC2 get to a point where you go to a live event, and some players actually get booed and stuff (minus of course flash cause thats just not cool).

But yeah it matters to some of us, I'll never ever root for ESF and wont be satisfied till they all go back to being B-team dishwashers, harsh I know, but its how I feel.
BW4LIFE
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft385
RuFF_SC2 194
Nina 111
-ZergGirl 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2112
sorry 37
910 20
Bale 18
yabsab 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
taco 293
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox726
Other Games
summit1g8117
JimRising 687
Day[9].tv454
WinterStarcraft336
C9.Mang0272
Livibee151
Sick145
Maynarde124
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick833
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream186
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota296
League of Legends
• Stunt319
Other Games
• Day9tv454
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 23m
Stellar Fest
8h 23m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.