• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:53
CEST 15:53
KST 22:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7773 users

[Code S] RO32 Group D 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 85

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 Next
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
September 06 2012 16:21 GMT
#1681
Who and why wrote this article anyway?

All it created is hate on TL. That article is worse than any single troll can be.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
September 06 2012 16:24 GMT
#1682
On September 07 2012 00:21 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 00:06 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:53 sinigang wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:12 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 Reagal wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:04 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

Why all the hate...


Because KeSPA fanboys has given a lot of hate to the GOM players?


ESF fanboys doesn't do the same for KeSPA players? Please, such hypocrisy.


Not even close in the same scale. I don't care if they are ESF or KeSPA players, I just want to see good SC2. But since I've read a lot of LR I can confidently say that ESF players get a lot more hate than the other way around.

I just answered the question "why all the hate?". That is the reason. Personally I don't care since my two favourite players are Leenock and ZerO.


Says you. Statistics, otherwise invalidated. As of 1st half 2012 would do, if you wish to take up the challenge of proving your statement.

Personally I see it the other way around.


"The elephant in the room" article is hating on the GOM players because they were seen as inferior players. That the KeSPA players were way better and could completely dominate the ESF players anytime they wanted.

I could probably just count the amount of elephant pictures in a LR thread from WCS which is the way of saying "We're the superior players."

Yeah the KeSPA players also got hate from the ESF fans, but not close to the other way around. As I said, I am quite objective and have watched every GSL match / WCS Korea match and actively read the LR thread.

Posting pictures of Elephant's indicates hate towards ESF players? Don't be so ignorant. It's being posted because In just a few month's Kespa players can keep up with Gom. And The Elephant article was partly true. You sound like a angry soul =o


lol, The Elephant article was partly true? First of all, it was written over a year ago so we won't know if what would have happened if the switch was made then. But the main point of the article was that ALL A-teamers would destroy the ESF players within months. Which is certainly not the case. Saying that the article was partly true would be saying a statement like "It rains EVERY day" is partly true because it does rain sometimes. The fact that the tone of the article was so absolute makes it not possible to claim it is 'partly' true.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
September 06 2012 16:26 GMT
#1683
The article was just poking fun at the fact that sc2 were full of bw dropouts, in a way. Its like seniors(bw) poking fun at freshmen(sc2)
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Nosforit
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada260 Posts
September 06 2012 16:28 GMT
#1684
On September 07 2012 00:21 Gladiator333 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:08 chillpenguin wrote:
Having 2 korean starcraft players named Rain is like having 2 american starcraft players named Usher.


Well to be honest the terran rain I haven't heard of in ages, also the protoss rain we can instead call by the name he used in bw, which is by.sun!


Now we just need him to join Millenium so he can be known as [M] By.Sun. Yeah, I went there. ^.^
The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted time.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 06 2012 16:28 GMT
#1685
Interviews are up!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=366602
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
September 06 2012 16:30 GMT
#1686
On September 07 2012 01:26 jinorazi wrote:
The article was just poking fun at the fact that sc2 were full of bw dropouts, in a way. Its like seniors(bw) poking fun at freshmen(sc2)


Unfortunately, it was featured on TL. And then it became the focal point for both camps (BW fans vs SC2 fans).
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
September 06 2012 16:32 GMT
#1687
On September 07 2012 01:26 jinorazi wrote:
The article was just poking fun at the fact that sc2 were full of bw dropouts, in a way. Its like seniors(bw) poking fun at freshmen(sc2)


Poking fun, so TL has to add a "This is intrigue's opinion, not ours.", that is not poking fun... Also if you read some of the comments you would also realize that most took the article quite seriously.
리노크 👑
kamikami
Profile Joined November 2010
France1057 Posts
September 06 2012 16:33 GMT
#1688
Fuck yeah Rain, channel the power of Bisu the Protoss bonjwa keke.
And long live the evil empire SKTelecom, also haters have only 2 choices : shut up or face the horrible annoyance of Bisu fanboys :D
Khassar de Templari
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
September 06 2012 16:48 GMT
#1689
On September 07 2012 01:24 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 00:21 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
On September 07 2012 00:06 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:53 sinigang wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:12 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 Reagal wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:04 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

Why all the hate...


Because KeSPA fanboys has given a lot of hate to the GOM players?


ESF fanboys doesn't do the same for KeSPA players? Please, such hypocrisy.


Not even close in the same scale. I don't care if they are ESF or KeSPA players, I just want to see good SC2. But since I've read a lot of LR I can confidently say that ESF players get a lot more hate than the other way around.

I just answered the question "why all the hate?". That is the reason. Personally I don't care since my two favourite players are Leenock and ZerO.


Says you. Statistics, otherwise invalidated. As of 1st half 2012 would do, if you wish to take up the challenge of proving your statement.

Personally I see it the other way around.


"The elephant in the room" article is hating on the GOM players because they were seen as inferior players. That the KeSPA players were way better and could completely dominate the ESF players anytime they wanted.

I could probably just count the amount of elephant pictures in a LR thread from WCS which is the way of saying "We're the superior players."

Yeah the KeSPA players also got hate from the ESF fans, but not close to the other way around. As I said, I am quite objective and have watched every GSL match / WCS Korea match and actively read the LR thread.

Posting pictures of Elephant's indicates hate towards ESF players? Don't be so ignorant. It's being posted because In just a few month's Kespa players can keep up with Gom. And The Elephant article was partly true. You sound like a angry soul =o


lol, The Elephant article was partly true? First of all, it was written over a year ago so we won't know if what would have happened if the switch was made then. But the main point of the article was that ALL A-teamers would destroy the ESF players within months. Which is certainly not the case. Saying that the article was partly true would be saying a statement like "It rains EVERY day" is partly true because it does rain sometimes. The fact that the tone of the article was so absolute makes it not possible to claim it is 'partly' true.

Within months of full switch. Which have not happened yet for all teams. It will come.
The elephant talk has nothing to with hate on ESF imo. We all cheer for ESF players as well and respect them also. The case here is, knowledge of the scene. The people that hype the Elephant are people that have followed the BW scene for a long time, and know the difference of skill between A & B teamers I would argue. We have such a great respect for A-team players and S-class players like Bisu, Jaedong & Flash. Time will tell, but eventually imo most of both OSL and GSL code S (if they are allowed to play) will consist of mostly kespa players, and the ESF that remains are young talented players. If 6 months go, and I'm nothing has changed, I will apologize. But soo far, in the foreign scene, the BW --> sc2 player switches has been almost equvalent skillwise for those who have made a serious effort.
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
September 06 2012 16:50 GMT
#1690
On September 07 2012 01:28 Nosforit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 00:21 Gladiator333 wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:08 chillpenguin wrote:
Having 2 korean starcraft players named Rain is like having 2 american starcraft players named Usher.


Well to be honest the terran rain I haven't heard of in ages, also the protoss rain we can instead call by the name he used in bw, which is by.sun!


Now we just need him to join Millenium so he can be known as [M] By.Sun. Yeah, I went there. ^.^


You sir, deserve a cookie. I don't think anyone realizes what you've done.

I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
Diizzy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States828 Posts
September 06 2012 16:55 GMT
#1691
On September 07 2012 00:59 DrPandaPhD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 00:21 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
On September 07 2012 00:06 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:53 sinigang wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:12 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 Reagal wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:04 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

Why all the hate...


Because KeSPA fanboys has given a lot of hate to the GOM players?


ESF fanboys doesn't do the same for KeSPA players? Please, such hypocrisy.


Not even close in the same scale. I don't care if they are ESF or KeSPA players, I just want to see good SC2. But since I've read a lot of LR I can confidently say that ESF players get a lot more hate than the other way around.

I just answered the question "why all the hate?". That is the reason. Personally I don't care since my two favourite players are Leenock and ZerO.


Says you. Statistics, otherwise invalidated. As of 1st half 2012 would do, if you wish to take up the challenge of proving your statement.

Personally I see it the other way around.


"The elephant in the room" article is hating on the GOM players because they were seen as inferior players. That the KeSPA players were way better and could completely dominate the ESF players anytime they wanted.

I could probably just count the amount of elephant pictures in a LR thread from WCS which is the way of saying "We're the superior players."

Yeah the KeSPA players also got hate from the ESF fans, but not close to the other way around. As I said, I am quite objective and have watched every GSL match / WCS Korea match and actively read the LR thread.

Posting pictures of Elephant's indicates hate towards ESF players? Don't be so ignorant. It's being posted because In just a few month's Kespa players can keep up with Gom. And The Elephant article was partly true. You sound like a angry soul =o


"These guys weren’t average. They weren’t almost average. They were bad"
Directly quoted from the article about MC / Nestea.

How does that not indicate hate towards ESF players? It's right there, it's what the article is about. The elephant is the symbol of that? If you use the symbol, you promote the article.


"Maybe Leta or Sea or Best or Zero won't come into SC2 and be ultra-successful if they switch. But Jaedong and Flash? They are outliers."
Also quoted from the article.

The article speaks about TBLS + Fantasy/Jangbi that they would be on the top. Which they are not? Sun is also probably going to drop down a bit as well when people figure him out just like what happend with ForGG (probably not as bad as Forgg because Sun is better but still).


There were 50+ high lvl RTS players switching game and you guys are surprised some of them are able to compete. And a lot of them had played SC2 on earlier occasions, just never really tried to get good, so they at least knew the basics.

I never saw people saying "Roro and Sun is going to be the ones doing well in SC2". I didn't think that myself but it was obvious some of the 50+ players are going to be able to compete. Out of memory I recall reading something about KeSPA B-teamers practicing SC2 way earlier than the "switch" happened. But I can't find the article about that so can't back it up.


All in all, if you post an elephant picture, you stand for what the article says. You can cheer for KeSPA players without posting elephant pictures to hate on the ESF.


forgg always been gimicky. by.sun just plays a straight macro style while harassing. i doubt he will be figured out soon.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
September 06 2012 17:10 GMT
#1692
Rain 4-0'd the (T)ByuNjhwa hahaha
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
September 06 2012 17:21 GMT
#1693
On September 07 2012 01:48 ThePhan2m wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 01:24 vthree wrote:
On September 07 2012 00:21 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
On September 07 2012 00:06 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:53 sinigang wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:12 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 Reagal wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:04 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

Why all the hate...


Because KeSPA fanboys has given a lot of hate to the GOM players?


ESF fanboys doesn't do the same for KeSPA players? Please, such hypocrisy.


Not even close in the same scale. I don't care if they are ESF or KeSPA players, I just want to see good SC2. But since I've read a lot of LR I can confidently say that ESF players get a lot more hate than the other way around.

I just answered the question "why all the hate?". That is the reason. Personally I don't care since my two favourite players are Leenock and ZerO.


Says you. Statistics, otherwise invalidated. As of 1st half 2012 would do, if you wish to take up the challenge of proving your statement.

Personally I see it the other way around.


"The elephant in the room" article is hating on the GOM players because they were seen as inferior players. That the KeSPA players were way better and could completely dominate the ESF players anytime they wanted.

I could probably just count the amount of elephant pictures in a LR thread from WCS which is the way of saying "We're the superior players."

Yeah the KeSPA players also got hate from the ESF fans, but not close to the other way around. As I said, I am quite objective and have watched every GSL match / WCS Korea match and actively read the LR thread.

Posting pictures of Elephant's indicates hate towards ESF players? Don't be so ignorant. It's being posted because In just a few month's Kespa players can keep up with Gom. And The Elephant article was partly true. You sound like a angry soul =o


lol, The Elephant article was partly true? First of all, it was written over a year ago so we won't know if what would have happened if the switch was made then. But the main point of the article was that ALL A-teamers would destroy the ESF players within months. Which is certainly not the case. Saying that the article was partly true would be saying a statement like "It rains EVERY day" is partly true because it does rain sometimes. The fact that the tone of the article was so absolute makes it not possible to claim it is 'partly' true.

Within months of full switch. Which have not happened yet for all teams. It will come.
The elephant talk has nothing to with hate on ESF imo. We all cheer for ESF players as well and respect them also. The case here is, knowledge of the scene. The people that hype the Elephant are people that have followed the BW scene for a long time, and know the difference of skill between A & B teamers I would argue. We have such a great respect for A-team players and S-class players like Bisu, Jaedong & Flash. Time will tell, but eventually imo most of both OSL and GSL code S (if they are allowed to play) will consist of mostly kespa players, and the ESF that remains are young talented players. If 6 months go, and I'm nothing has changed, I will apologize. But soo far, in the foreign scene, the BW --> sc2 player switches has been almost equvalent skillwise for those who have made a serious effort.


Have you watched PL lately? I think Kespa pros have pretty much 'fully' switched in terms of practice. I don't blame them since you can winPL by just winning SC2. If you can claim that they haven't fully switch, then ESF players are also playing LoL so they are 'full time' sc2 players either. The problem with the article is that it assumed that BW skill would translate directly to SC2, which we can see is not true up to this point. And I am not even talking about ESF players. The article talked about TBLS domination. But as we can see, it hasn't played out this way. Bisu and Rain are protosses from the same team so I would assume their practice is similar. Yet Rain is doing much better. Again, I am sure Bisu will improve (which is already showing) but we cannot be certain that because you are better than someone in BW, you will automatically be better than them in SC2.

Taking it one step further, I would argue that even an expansion like HOTS might cause some players to perform better and some to perform worse. For example, TvP might follow BW and become where the meta will be mech play. Heavy bio players might be at a disadvantage, and if they cannot adapt, they will fall behind the meta and get phased out.
HighPassage
Profile Joined June 2012
United States82 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 17:31:59
September 06 2012 17:29 GMT
#1694
http://www.last.fm/user/brotatorounds
zawk9
Profile Joined March 2011
United States427 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 17:31:23
September 06 2012 17:30 GMT
#1695
On September 07 2012 00:59 DrPandaPhD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 00:21 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
On September 07 2012 00:06 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:53 sinigang wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:12 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 Reagal wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:04 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

Why all the hate...


Because KeSPA fanboys has given a lot of hate to the GOM players?


ESF fanboys doesn't do the same for KeSPA players? Please, such hypocrisy.


Not even close in the same scale. I don't care if they are ESF or KeSPA players, I just want to see good SC2. But since I've read a lot of LR I can confidently say that ESF players get a lot more hate than the other way around.

I just answered the question "why all the hate?". That is the reason. Personally I don't care since my two favourite players are Leenock and ZerO.


Says you. Statistics, otherwise invalidated. As of 1st half 2012 would do, if you wish to take up the challenge of proving your statement.

Personally I see it the other way around.


"The elephant in the room" article is hating on the GOM players because they were seen as inferior players. That the KeSPA players were way better and could completely dominate the ESF players anytime they wanted.

I could probably just count the amount of elephant pictures in a LR thread from WCS which is the way of saying "We're the superior players."

Yeah the KeSPA players also got hate from the ESF fans, but not close to the other way around. As I said, I am quite objective and have watched every GSL match / WCS Korea match and actively read the LR thread.

Posting pictures of Elephant's indicates hate towards ESF players? Don't be so ignorant. It's being posted because In just a few month's Kespa players can keep up with Gom. And The Elephant article was partly true. You sound like a angry soul =o


"These guys weren’t average. They weren’t almost average. They were bad"
Directly quoted from the article about MC / Nestea.

How does that not indicate hate towards ESF players? It's right there, it's what the article is about. The elephant is the symbol of that? If you use the symbol, you promote the article.


How is that "hate"? If I write that that X is a bad player in a game relative to the professional level am I expressing hate towards that player? If I say someone is a bad point guard (relative to the professional level) I'm suddenly frothing at the mouth and calling for their head on a pike? :p
there's a bug in the new patch where the other player keeps killing all my dudes.. please nerf this
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
September 06 2012 17:35 GMT
#1696
On September 07 2012 01:50 Kazeyonoma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 01:28 Nosforit wrote:
On September 07 2012 00:21 Gladiator333 wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:08 chillpenguin wrote:
Having 2 korean starcraft players named Rain is like having 2 american starcraft players named Usher.


Well to be honest the terran rain I haven't heard of in ages, also the protoss rain we can instead call by the name he used in bw, which is by.sun!


Now we just need him to join Millenium so he can be known as [M] By.Sun. Yeah, I went there. ^.^


You sir, deserve a cookie. I don't think anyone realizes what you've done.



Care to explain? I hate missing out on a chuckle.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
September 06 2012 17:38 GMT
#1697
Rain is fucking good at Sc2 man.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Salazarz
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Korea (South)2591 Posts
September 06 2012 17:40 GMT
#1698
Why is everyone bringing up that silly elephant article whenever a KeSPA player is involved? It had some good points, and was very relevant at the time of writing - the level of play back when it was posted was pretty much terribad, with every ex-BW player of any note at all being head and shoulders above their competition. DRG wasn't around back then, nobody heard of Creator or Seed, and MKP was still choking away every series, while MVP, Nestea, and MC were basically invincible.

At this point, it's stupid to even try denying that being good at BW gives you at least 'some' skills that transfer over into SC2; basically every KeSPA player we have seen is competitive around Code A level despite their lack of experience creating massive gaps in their play - that level is way above most SC2 players will ever achieve. Of course BW skills don't directly translate to SC2, otherwise Sun wouldn't have been the best KeSPA player in SC2 right now (even though he was actually damn good in BW too), but it's not that much of a stretch to assume that the most hard-working BW pros will become the top dogs amongst KeSPA SC2 rosters as well. Most of them got to where they are by being more dedicated and tireless than the others, not due to some god-given talent.

Whether they'll 'dominate' the opposition or not is a very loaded question; chances are, they will force the current top GSL players to step up their game and spice up their play. Whether KeSPA pros will win every tournament or not remains to be seen, but people need to accept that they are really good. So many times you see people write stuff like 'oh x guy choked cus he's nervous playing against a KeSPA guy, he's normally better than this', but the same kind of mistakes come up time and time again in eSF v eSF matches as well, simply because there are very few players around who are both good and consistent enough to show 'great' games every time they play.

tldr; stop the hate and enjoy the games. also, nestea was fucking terrible at broodwar lol
acrimoneyius
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States983 Posts
September 06 2012 17:42 GMT
#1699
On September 06 2012 23:10 mongmong wrote:
Guys

ive heard this story on the forums.

Happy used to be an engineering student

in Japan (was on scholarship provided by Korean governemnt).

Then he got into SC2, came back to Korea, then sat a trial to get into IM team.

Actually in his trial against IM playerst coach Kang was surprised about how crap he was, so he failed.

A month later, happy went for the trial AGAIN. This time around, he wanted to show how much he has improved.

Still, he was still pretty bad, but coach Kang just let him in the team considering his passion. He was so happy that

he named himself "Happy"

pretty amazing story if its true



EDIT: It is a true story. Just confirmed it.


That's a really awesome story.

Also, sad to see Byun get 4-0'd by Rain. I just went to bed when he lost the first series.
xrapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1644 Posts
September 06 2012 18:05 GMT
#1700
On September 07 2012 01:30 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 01:26 jinorazi wrote:
The article was just poking fun at the fact that sc2 were full of bw dropouts, in a way. Its like seniors(bw) poking fun at freshmen(sc2)


Unfortunately, it was featured on TL. And then it became the focal point for both camps (BW fans vs SC2 fans).


I don't know how anyone could reject the article. The Kespa players are better RTS players-- that's just a fact. They played the harder game (at a higher level), have better mechanics, and practice more. It was NEVER a matter of if they would be Code S level, but when.

The speed by which these players have reached Code S level is surprising to some, but probably only for people that didn't follow BW. It's the reason I always viewed SC2 as in it's beta stage-- 100+ Kespa players were waiting to switch and most are as mechanically skilled or more so than any SC2 player.
Everyone is either delusional, a nihlilst, or dead from suicide.
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 768
ComeBackTV 531
SteadfastSC381
TaKeTV 281
Rex115
IndyStarCraft 78
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 381
ProTech134
Rex 115
IndyStarCraft 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45188
Bisu 2441
Horang2 1585
Shuttle 832
EffOrt 740
Hyuk 663
BeSt 549
Soma 532
Light 399
Mini 381
[ Show more ]
Larva 327
Rush 209
ZerO 185
Mong 94
Leta 92
Snow 63
Sea.KH 60
Pusan 55
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 40
Sexy 33
JYJ 31
Aegong 29
Yoon 24
Bale 19
sorry 19
Terrorterran 16
Trap 14
Noble 12
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 8
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6991
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1523
Khaldor1064
Lowko436
Other Games
singsing2027
olofmeister1654
hiko1486
Beastyqt457
B2W.Neo426
Livibee197
XaKoH 174
Hui .170
Liquid`VortiX143
ArmadaUGS98
djWHEAT76
Mew2King72
QueenE35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2772
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 7m
Online Event
21h 7m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.