• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8138 users

[Code S] RO32 Group D 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 83

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 87 Next
chisuri
Profile Joined January 2010
Vietnam789 Posts
September 06 2012 14:13 GMT
#1641
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

What will happen if he doesn't? You will shut up then?
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 14:14:18
September 06 2012 14:13 GMT
#1642
On September 06 2012 23:10 mongmong wrote:
Guys

ive heard this story on the forums.

Happy used to be an engineering student

in Japan (was on scholarship provided by Korean governemnt).

Then he got into SC2, came back to Korea, then sat a trial to get into IM team.

Actually in his trial against IM playerst coach Kang was surprised about how crap he was, so he failed.

A month later, happy went for the trial AGAIN. This time around, he wanted to show how much he has improved.

Still, he was still pretty bad, but coach Kang just let him in the team considering his passion. He was so happy that

he named himself "Happy"

pretty amazing story if its true





That's pretty touching ;o

On September 06 2012 23:10 opterown wrote:
WCG - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=16096869
GSTL - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=16146918

gogo maek lr ggwp


I can probably do WCG but not GSTL
Yello
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany7411 Posts
September 06 2012 14:13 GMT
#1643
On September 06 2012 23:10 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:09 Clerseri wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:08 MCDayC wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 Porcelina wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:05 mikedebo wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 Noc- wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 xgtx wrote:
byun sooo skinny wtf


Yeah looks more like a skeleton


Prime coach says... "either you eat... or the puppy does. You choose."


The puppy also needs extra amounts of food at the moment, according to Byun's twitter it is menstruating.

Just thought as many people as possible should be aware of this fact.

-.-


Rooting for Mana to kick ass in the next group.



By all means cheer - just don't put anything of real value on it, OK?

Sacrificing my liquibet in good faith, if that bothers you


You are doing it wrong. You have to cheer for one player and Liquibet on his opponent. So no matter who wins, you'll always have something to be happy about ^^
Just ahead of time, know your addiction's not a crime. It's just a smaller part of who you want to become in the end.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
September 06 2012 14:15 GMT
#1644
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.


Eh if they're proud of rain they can be, he's pretty good. You would expect that there would be at least two code s caliber kespa players pretty quickly - Imo rain and roro. I think roro will come up to code S, while we can get a decent number of kespa players in code A. After all, they just had to adapt to a meta game not invent it;it will be much easier to catch on.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Awesomeness
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1361 Posts
September 06 2012 14:16 GMT
#1645
Waiting for someone to create a rain fanclub so I can join it. :D

(Don't have the time to keep it up to date, so I don't want to create it myself.)
xlord 5:0
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
September 06 2012 14:17 GMT
#1646
On September 06 2012 23:11 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:08 ZeromuS wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:01 genius_man16 wrote:
Buh that game ended stupidly.

One misclick and then game-over


One misclick? Meh. Byun didn't need to bring his whole army to the watch tower, he didn't properly scout Rain's lack of a third base (thus implying the incoming attack), Byun's drop was a good chunk of his army and did nothing (therefore it was just a bunch of units that were just out of position when it was time to defend), and let's not forget that Rain is on SKT, which means that he's just plain awesome.


He lost the mental fight back in the first set.


He lost his passion back when he talked to Tasteless.

But in all seriousness, I think that he should have been able to start his second game in the series with a fresh, new mindset. He wasn't playing that poorly in the second game until the end with his poor decision making; I don't think he gave up on his Code S spot. He's a top level pro-gamer; I think his mental state is a little more stable than that.


I think that it impacted his decision making. The mixed emotions between confidence vs a kespa player and fear of losing to a kespa player (backlash from fans) alongside losing the first set and being a favourite to win the group definitely hurt his decision making. It looked a little bit shaky, if not a little bit indecisive. Simple mistakes that he should know better not to make (that he often doesnt make) coupled with the fact Rain played well and studied Byun at some point I am sure definitely impacted the match.

Im not saying he lost because he lost the mental battle. I am saying it heavily impacted his play in the second set. He was pensive and scouting poorly
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
September 06 2012 14:17 GMT
#1647
On September 06 2012 23:16 Awesomeness wrote:
Waiting for someone to create a rain fanclub so I can join it. :D

(Don't have the time to keep it up to date, so I don't want to create it myself.)


Whoever does it better name it (By.)Sun fanclub.
Bwaaaa
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia969 Posts
September 06 2012 14:17 GMT
#1648
Please can someone tell me the name of that song that goes 'yesterday'.
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
September 06 2012 14:18 GMT
#1649
Couldn't see the game but it's great to see Rain crush Byun.
gedatsu
Profile Joined December 2011
1286 Posts
September 06 2012 14:19 GMT
#1650
On September 06 2012 23:08 Ramanujan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:05 mikedebo wrote:
OMG THAT GROUP! wtf?!


What's so special about that group? Two decent and two mediocre players?

decent and mediocre are synonymous
Reagal
Profile Joined September 2012
6 Posts
September 06 2012 14:22 GMT
#1651
On September 06 2012 23:12 DrPandaPhD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:07 Reagal wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:04 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

Why all the hate...


Because KeSPA fanboys has given a lot of hate to the GOM players?


ESF fanboys doesn't do the same for KeSPA players? Please, such hypocrisy.


Not even close in the same scale. I don't care if they are ESF or KeSPA players, I just want to see good SC2. But since I've read a lot of LR I can confidently say that ESF players get a lot more hate than the other way around.

I just answered the question "why all the hate?". That is the reason. Personally I don't care since my two favourite players are Leenock and ZerO.


Dunno about that but I agree to your sentiments though. At the end of the day we just want better games. If you remember back in WCS every win kespa does just got downplayed by ESF fanboyism. ESF player is tired, intimidated, jetlagged, in the losers bracket, <insert more comical excuses>. I mean really both sides are just throwing equal amount of flak at each other. It's fine to root for the player you like but don't act like only one side is all innocent and victimized.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
September 06 2012 14:23 GMT
#1652
On September 06 2012 23:22 Reagal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:12 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 Reagal wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:04 DrPandaPhD wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 BgSBendeR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

Why all the hate...


Because KeSPA fanboys has given a lot of hate to the GOM players?


ESF fanboys doesn't do the same for KeSPA players? Please, such hypocrisy.


Not even close in the same scale. I don't care if they are ESF or KeSPA players, I just want to see good SC2. But since I've read a lot of LR I can confidently say that ESF players get a lot more hate than the other way around.

I just answered the question "why all the hate?". That is the reason. Personally I don't care since my two favourite players are Leenock and ZerO.


Dunno about that but I agree to your sentiments though. At the end of the day we just want better games. If you remember back in WCS every win kespa does just got downplayed by ESF fanboyism. ESF player is tired, intimidated, jetlagged, in the losers bracket, . I mean really both sides are just throwing equal amount of flak at each other. It's fine to root for the player you like but don't act like only one side is all innocent and victimized.


Agreed, I enjoyed the games today.

Rain played well, but I still feel like Byun played worse than he usually does.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Maleta
Profile Joined September 2012
Chile150 Posts
September 06 2012 14:26 GMT
#1653
Really good results for Rain today... and tomorrow we'll see a group to remember... looking forward for mana and mma


ps: i consider myself a foreigner fanboy when it comes to gsl matches xd
Forward + Down + Downforward + Forward + Punch (Any) // F + QF + HP/MP/LP.... SHORYUKEN!!!
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
September 06 2012 14:27 GMT
#1654
fuck yeah By.Sun!
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 14:29:07
September 06 2012 14:27 GMT
#1655
most of these sc2 guys are failed bw pros. they don't have confidence vs players they know are better.

just because you don't know bw doesn't mean they don't. let's be serious here.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 14:29:05
September 06 2012 14:28 GMT
#1656
On September 06 2012 23:15 Alryk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.


Eh if they're proud of rain they can be, he's pretty good. You would expect that there would be at least two code s caliber kespa players pretty quickly - Imo rain and roro. I think roro will come up to code S, while we can get a decent number of kespa players in code A. After all, they just had to adapt to a meta game not invent it;it will be much easier to catch on.


I think they will adapt and maybe even improve it. Tasteless already said that Kespa player's play style is different compare to the ESF players. I think we are going to see a lot of new builds coming very soon. I just hope Blizz doesn't patch out things too quickly this time.
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
September 06 2012 14:33 GMT
#1657
On September 06 2012 23:05 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:05 Serinox wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 Swiv wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

why should they, many kespa players are already really good... maybe you should do shut up.

I know they are good, but they are not the gods the fanboys make them. This has been discussed often times and I just want them to shut up.


well excuse me for actually rooting for the players I like. :/

the problem is that you don't root for the players he likes
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
September 06 2012 14:40 GMT
#1658
On September 06 2012 23:26 Maleta wrote:
Really good results for Rain today... and tomorrow we'll see a group to remember... looking forward for mana and mma


ps: i consider myself a foreigner fanboy when it comes to gsl matches xd


I think tomorrow is GSTL... we gotta wait till monday for next GSL group
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
September 06 2012 14:43 GMT
#1659
On September 06 2012 23:33 Condor Hero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:05 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:05 Serinox wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:03 Swiv wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

why should they, many kespa players are already really good... maybe you should do shut up.

I know they are good, but they are not the gods the fanboys make them. This has been discussed often times and I just want them to shut up.


well excuse me for actually rooting for the players I like. :/

the problem is that you don't root for the players he likes


I root paralyze and fantasy as long as they are not playing against a KT player.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 14:44:14
September 06 2012 14:44 GMT
#1660
On September 06 2012 23:05 Serinox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:03 Swiv wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:02 Serinox wrote:
I hope that he gets knocked out next round, so the KeSPA fanboys start to shut up.

why should they, many kespa players are already really good... maybe you should do shut up.

I know they are good, but they are not the gods the fanboys make them. This has been discussed often times and I just want them to shut up.

so sweet
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1263
ComeBackTV 933
SteadfastSC773
TaKeTV 520
IndyStarCraft 179
Rex164
EnkiAlexander 80
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 773
IndyStarCraft 179
Rex 153
ProTech129
BRAT_OK 28
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44871
Bisu 2469
EffOrt 990
Shuttle 607
Mini 485
BeSt 481
Soma 448
Light 410
Larva 369
ZerO 213
[ Show more ]
Rush 205
Hyuk 149
firebathero 76
Mong 70
Sea.KH 67
910 61
Snow 58
Pusan 54
Sexy 41
ToSsGirL 35
Trap 31
Aegong 31
Terrorterran 27
Bale 22
JYJ 19
Shine 16
Rock 13
yabsab 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8963
qojqva1120
Counter-Strike
fl0m893
Fnx 812
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1434
Khaldor1173
Other Games
singsing1899
hiko1437
Beastyqt656
Livibee194
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS158
KnowMe118
XaKoH 114
QueenE88
Mew2King81
DeMusliM71
FrodaN37
ZerO(Twitch)16
CosmosSc2 5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 33
• mYiSmile131
• Gemini_19 11
• Hinosc 9
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• Michael_bg 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3840
• TFBlade440
Other Games
• Shiphtur345
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 56m
Online Event
18h 56m
FEL
23h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.