• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:22
CEST 03:22
KST 10:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8403 users

[WCS KR] LR6/WR5/LR7 - Page 59

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 Next
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 13:19:47
August 24 2012 13:16 GMT
#1161
On August 24 2012 21:54 ladyumbra wrote:
Do we really have to start the gom vs kespa players argument again , can't we just be happy with the great series we just watched? I like both games, I cheer for players and teams I like from both scenes and it's frustrating as fuck to feel like I should have to be taking sides and declaring allegiance every time I set foot into a LR thread. I don't mind when the players do it, hell the trash talk at the osl group selections was great but that's mostly meant in good fun. Half the time here it feels like other posters actually think the players they are biased against are lesser human beings or something.

Yes, and I even enjoy it -- seeing BW players kicking some SC2 ass is our vengeance for the end of BW era, which was brought upon us. Not by Gom or poor Gom players but by the system, gaming industry and other shit. So in comparison with that this human weakness is just a pink little bunny. Moreover, you know, many old-timers here are secretly wishing it. Don't be so naive, the argument has much deeper roots.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 24 2012 13:48 GMT
#1162
belated fashion show for tonight!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
DrakeFZX3
Profile Joined October 2010
United States925 Posts
August 24 2012 14:58 GMT
#1163
Wow, Creator eliminated both Rain and Roro? Beast.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
August 24 2012 15:48 GMT
#1164
Elephants down!!!
ShowTheLights
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Korea (South)1717 Posts
August 24 2012 16:12 GMT
#1165
what the fuck..

RORO BEAT GSL CODE S CHAMPION SEED?!

fuuuck

yay Squirtle
•••Acer.MMA••• <> KT_Puzzle <> JinAir•GreenWings_CoCa <> CJ_herO <> Axiom CranK & Ryung <> IM_Seed <> IM_Squirtle <> le' ToD <> Innovation <> ROOT_CatZ <> inuh! <> Chobra <> SKT1_Fantasy
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 16:25:03
August 24 2012 16:23 GMT
#1166
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
August 24 2012 16:33 GMT
#1167
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 16:51:21
August 24 2012 16:37 GMT
#1168
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series/tournament. I am happy Kespa players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. Seed also lost to Hack in the WCG qualifiers. Flash lost to M18M in PL. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
August 24 2012 16:56 GMT
#1169
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
August 24 2012 17:01 GMT
#1170
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


Aren't all the players left in WCS a GSL players? It should be about equal if Kespa's players are as good as GSL in general. There's only few kespa players that standout.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 17:07:48
August 24 2012 17:02 GMT
#1171
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.

How is Kespa on GSL level when only Reality made it through the qualifiers? You can say the top Kespa players (the fast adapting ones) are Code A/S level. But overall, I think ESF players are stronger than Kespa. Of course, with time, they will catch up.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 24 2012 17:07 GMT
#1172
On August 25 2012 02:02 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.


Keep treading on those landmines buddy, you are dodging assaults and chickenning out.

If they didn't transition into SC2, they would still be playing Brood War and would definitely be rockstars once again.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 17:10:48
August 24 2012 17:09 GMT
#1173
On August 25 2012 02:07 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 02:02 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.


Keep treading on those landmines buddy, you are dodging assaults and chickenning out.

If they didn't transition into SC2, they would still be playing Brood War and would definitely be rockstars once again.


lol, WHY did they transition to SC2? Because BW was DYING... Not necesarily to SC2 but things like LoL (which is already getting a big Korean following).

Dodging assaults? I think you are taking this too seriously.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 24 2012 17:15 GMT
#1174
On August 25 2012 02:09 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 02:07 Xiphos wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:02 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.


Keep treading on those landmines buddy, you are dodging assaults and chickenning out.

If they didn't transition into SC2, they would still be playing Brood War and would definitely be rockstars once again.


lol, WHY did they transition to SC2? Because BW was DYING...


and what an artificial death it was. Interest in BW was certainly not dying.

On topic: seed got ROROLLLLLLLLLLLED
Writer
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 17:18:36
August 24 2012 17:17 GMT
#1175
On August 25 2012 02:09 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 02:07 Xiphos wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:02 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.


Keep treading on those landmines buddy, you are dodging assaults and chickenning out.

If they didn't transition into SC2, they would still be playing Brood War and would definitely be rockstars once again.


lol, WHY did they transition to SC2? Because BW was DYING... Not necesarily to SC2 but things like LoL (which is already getting a big Korean following).


Nah man learn your facts buddy and then we'll talk.

Brood War's OSL stadium (even before they announced the last BW OSL) was tightly packed.

Prior to this season's frankenstein hybrid league, ProLeague was filled out with them having need to adjust their venues to have more chairs and it was many time in the top viewership on television.

And the JinAir OSL finals had over 10 million international viewers on stream.

Comparing to StarCraft 2 for GSL that have barely 50 people live on stage.

Kespa was 'bought' out by Blizzard to stop broadcasting Brood War because Mike M was affraid of League of Legend growing too rampant and have to urge Kespa to switch to StarCraft 2 or else the scene crumbles.

Now the only thing that BW could be improved is their model of sponsorship.

See StarCraft 2 is supported by Pay to View and Blizzard's sponsorship money while BW is solely based on other company to sponsor the leagues (which by the way had a CEO lining up to pay TWICE the amount of price money to keep Brood War going to which Kespa had to deny).

P.S. I may be serious but at the end of the day, you will be looking as the stupid one.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 24 2012 17:18 GMT
#1176
Creator is the next best player in the world. It's been foretold by the stars. Creator > Roro > Seed. I rest my case.

+ Show Spoiler +
That was a joke.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 17:45:11
August 24 2012 17:35 GMT
#1177
On August 25 2012 02:17 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 02:09 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:07 Xiphos wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:02 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.


Keep treading on those landmines buddy, you are dodging assaults and chickenning out.

If they didn't transition into SC2, they would still be playing Brood War and would definitely be rockstars once again.


lol, WHY did they transition to SC2? Because BW was DYING... Not necesarily to SC2 but things like LoL (which is already getting a big Korean following).


Nah man learn your facts buddy and then we'll talk.

Brood War's OSL stadium (even before they announced the last BW OSL) was tightly packed.

Prior to this season's frankenstein hybrid league, ProLeague was filled out with them having need to adjust their venues to have more chairs and it was many time in the top viewership on television.

And the JinAir OSL finals had over 10 million international viewers on stream.

Comparing to StarCraft 2 for GSL that have barely 50 people live on stage.

Kespa was 'bought' out by Blizzard to stop broadcasting Brood War because Mike M was affraid of League of Legend growing too rampant and have to urge Kespa to switch to StarCraft 2 or else the scene crumbles.

Now the only thing that BW could be improved is their model of sponsorship.

See StarCraft 2 is supported by Pay to View and Blizzard's sponsorship money while BW is solely based on other company to sponsor the leagues (which by the way had a CEO lining up to pay TWICE the amount of price money to keep Brood War going to which Kespa had to deny).

P.S. I may be serious but at the end of the day, you will be looking as the stupid one.


If what you say is true, why didn't Team 8 have a sponsor?

And the 10 million for JinAir was mainly Chinese... Do you know the number for DoTA in China? Like I said, the threat was not from SC2, it was from LoL and DoTA...

And I am not sure why you are manipulating facts. You mentioned JinAir OSL finals while you highlight GSL with barely 50 people live. I know OSL has more fans in korea, but why try to paint GSL as something with 50 people. There was a lot of people for GSTL finals (still less than PL). But trying to find the most extreme cases for your data is not really helping your arguement.

I actually follow both BW and SC2. My post was mainly to point out that we shouldn't extract or forecast too soon from a few series. Kespa players are improving very quickly and catching up to GSL players as seen in WCS. But if we were to be fair, shouldn't we take the WCS qualifier results as well? We should not cherry pick data just to prove our own viewpoints. EU also had a better win rate vs KR in the last MLG. Does that mean EU >KR?


Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 24 2012 17:38 GMT
#1178
On August 25 2012 02:35 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 02:17 Xiphos wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:09 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:07 Xiphos wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:02 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.


Keep treading on those landmines buddy, you are dodging assaults and chickenning out.

If they didn't transition into SC2, they would still be playing Brood War and would definitely be rockstars once again.


lol, WHY did they transition to SC2? Because BW was DYING... Not necesarily to SC2 but things like LoL (which is already getting a big Korean following).


Nah man learn your facts buddy and then we'll talk.

Brood War's OSL stadium (even before they announced the last BW OSL) was tightly packed.

Prior to this season's frankenstein hybrid league, ProLeague was filled out with them having need to adjust their venues to have more chairs and it was many time in the top viewership on television.

And the JinAir OSL finals had over 10 million international viewers on stream.

Comparing to StarCraft 2 for GSL that have barely 50 people live on stage.

Kespa was 'bought' out by Blizzard to stop broadcasting Brood War because Mike M was affraid of League of Legend growing too rampant and have to urge Kespa to switch to StarCraft 2 or else the scene crumbles.

Now the only thing that BW could be improved is their model of sponsorship.

See StarCraft 2 is supported by Pay to View and Blizzard's sponsorship money while BW is solely based on other company to sponsor the leagues (which by the way had a CEO lining up to pay TWICE the amount of price money to keep Brood War going to which Kespa had to deny).

P.S. I may be serious but at the end of the day, you will be looking as the stupid one.


If what you say is true, why didn't Team 8 have a sponsor?


Kespa negotiated with the aforementioned sponsor to sponsor Team 8, he said "Not unless they play Brood War" and the whole deal fell in oblivion.

And beside Team 8 was doing absolutely abysmal. Anyone with a half a business brain would most definitely not to invest in a such volatile stock.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
August 24 2012 17:44 GMT
#1179
On August 25 2012 02:38 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 02:35 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:17 Xiphos wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:09 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:07 Xiphos wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:02 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
[quote]

So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


sarcasm...

Since M18M beat Flash in PL last season, it was obvious that B-teamers were catching up to TBLS. TBLS is lucky they transition to SC2 or they would have to wash dishes.


Keep treading on those landmines buddy, you are dodging assaults and chickenning out.

If they didn't transition into SC2, they would still be playing Brood War and would definitely be rockstars once again.


lol, WHY did they transition to SC2? Because BW was DYING... Not necesarily to SC2 but things like LoL (which is already getting a big Korean following).


Nah man learn your facts buddy and then we'll talk.

Brood War's OSL stadium (even before they announced the last BW OSL) was tightly packed.

Prior to this season's frankenstein hybrid league, ProLeague was filled out with them having need to adjust their venues to have more chairs and it was many time in the top viewership on television.

And the JinAir OSL finals had over 10 million international viewers on stream.

Comparing to StarCraft 2 for GSL that have barely 50 people live on stage.

Kespa was 'bought' out by Blizzard to stop broadcasting Brood War because Mike M was affraid of League of Legend growing too rampant and have to urge Kespa to switch to StarCraft 2 or else the scene crumbles.

Now the only thing that BW could be improved is their model of sponsorship.

See StarCraft 2 is supported by Pay to View and Blizzard's sponsorship money while BW is solely based on other company to sponsor the leagues (which by the way had a CEO lining up to pay TWICE the amount of price money to keep Brood War going to which Kespa had to deny).

P.S. I may be serious but at the end of the day, you will be looking as the stupid one.


If what you say is true, why didn't Team 8 have a sponsor?


Kespa negotiated with the aforementioned sponsor to sponsor Team 8, he said "Not unless they play Brood War" and the whole deal fell in oblivion.

And beside Team 8 was doing absolutely abysmal. Anyone with a half a business brain would most definitely not to invest in a such volatile stock.


That was one sponsor? What about all the other sponsors that wanted a piece of BW?
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-24 17:52:30
August 24 2012 17:51 GMT
#1180
On August 25 2012 01:56 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2012 01:37 vthree wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:33 Squeegy wrote:
On August 25 2012 01:23 vthree wrote:
On August 24 2012 21:49 letian wrote:
Kespa transitioning to SC2 full time shall make a lot of players return to school, lol


So the best Elephants got beat by a 15 year old who lost in Ro32 in Code S last season? WTF? I thought Kespa players were supposed to be good? Where is TBLS?

Creator has probably been playing RTS for like 2-3 year? Yet kespa pros who practiced for 14 hours per day for 5-6 years are LOSING?


But the guy who won Code S last season lost to an elephant. I guess even the best player in Code S is not good enough.


lol, I guess my post went over your head. I am trying to make the point that you can't base everything off 1 series. I am happy players are doing well. But GSL champ losing to Kespa doesn't mean Kespa > ESF Players or vice versa. I am just trying to show you can make 'facts' very biased. Goody beat MMA.... Naniwa beat Nestea and Mvp back to back (they had 6 GSLs between them at that point)... How else would you explain a 15 year old (Creator) pwning seasoned RTS pros like Rain and Roro who were the best Kespa could offer?

Btw, I think Seed was jetlagged and saving his builds for WCS Asia and WCS Global.


Yes, generally when people mean something else than they say, then they are misunderstood. Of course, his point wasn't either that Kespa > GSL because of Roro beating Seed. His point is that Kespa is only going to better. Much better. And Kespa is already, quite frankly, on GSL level.

How would I explain it? Easy. Creator despite being young, is actually, and unsurprisingly, far more experienced SC2 player than Roro or Sun. I find it funny that you're implying RTS experience os better than SC2 experience in a situation like this

I think Roro was saving his strategies for PL. And he also isn't used to having play two matches in a day.


It's funny how you constantly chime in and give people shit whenever they make excuses for a Gom player, then you proceed to try your best to make excuses for Kespa players. I even acknowledge that your excuses for Roro are quite legitimate and logical, but it's just sad that you don't acknowledge the legitimacy of the excuses for Gom players. Of course, it's fruitless arguing with you, but I just wanted to point that out for everyone to observe.
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 28
Nina 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12230
Rain 2158
Artosis 541
White-Ra 191
Dewaltoss 2
Dota 2
monkeys_forever621
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4327
Counter-Strike
taco 204
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1687
ArmadaUGS441
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1181
WinterStarcraft425
Other Games
summit1g8819
Day[9].tv694
shahzam643
JimRising 588
Maynarde155
ViBE149
C9.Mang0144
PiGStarcraft61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra988
• Day9tv694
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 38m
OSC
11h 38m
Stellar Fest
11h 38m
OSC
22h 38m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.