• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8294 users

[NASL] Week 9 Division 2 - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
June 15 2012 04:37 GMT
#121
On June 15 2012 13:09 ssg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 12:25 1yzarc1 wrote:
does anyone know whether 14-7 beats 13-6? because if so then demuslim is through anyways as he will be in the top 3 2nd places

14-7 is a better winning % than 13-6, yeah. So demuslim advances no matter what happens.


13-6 is 13/19, or 68.4%. Winning 13 out of 19 games played.

14-7 is 14/21, or 66.7%. Winning 14 out of 21 games played.

Therefore, 13-6 is a higher winning percentage than 14-7.

I'm not sure if NASL takes into account other factors or variables, but I think the comparison of those numbers alone should at least be made clear.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 05:32:41
June 15 2012 04:37 GMT
#122
Two points (as a spectator only) about the drama:


1. I am utterly convinced that Demuslim is telling the truth here. Why? Because he has a good track record. On the
other hand: (before BitterDam) NASL had the worst track record of any major SC2 tournament regarding screwups, bad PR and unprofessionalism. And I'm sure some of that crap is still lingering around (see 'Sound Guy 101') even to this day.

2. In my opinion Demuslim made a big (albeit human) mistake bringing this up in the match, rather than just on the forums. I believe that he would had brought sufficient attention to this issue with his post alone, and without indirectly disrespecting Dimaga, the casters and some of the fans. This is not the first time this has happened (see Thorzain), and bringing it up in this manner is a huge PR no-no. I'd recommend trying to contain the rage until said Pro can get to the forum and then exploding. It's healthier in the long run.

/preaching
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
June 15 2012 04:41 GMT
#123
On June 15 2012 13:37 SCST wrote:
Two points (as a spectator only) about the drama:

1. I am utterly convinced that Demuslim is telling the truth here. Why? Because he has a good track record. On the other hand, (before BitterDam) NASL had the worst track record of any major SC2 tournament regarding screwups, bad PR and unprofessionalism. And I'm sure some of that crap is still lingering around (see 'Sound Guy 101') even to this day.

/preaching


Meh, that's a logical fallacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well

Don't just assume that X is correct and Y is incorrect just because of past experiences. Take a look at the evidence for this particular case as well. I'm not going to take sides here, but approach it with an open mind and read the context. Maybe both parties are at fault, maybe one of them really fucked up, maybe the other did.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
pique
Profile Joined August 2011
143 Posts
June 15 2012 04:50 GMT
#124
On June 15 2012 13:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 13:37 SCST wrote:
Two points (as a spectator only) about the drama:

1. I am utterly convinced that Demuslim is telling the truth here. Why? Because he has a good track record. On the other hand, (before BitterDam) NASL had the worst track record of any major SC2 tournament regarding screwups, bad PR and unprofessionalism. And I'm sure some of that crap is still lingering around (see 'Sound Guy 101') even to this day.

/preaching


Meh, that's a logical fallacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well

Don't just assume that X is correct and Y is incorrect just because of past experiences. Take a look at the evidence for this particular case as well. I'm not going to take sides here, but approach it with an open mind and read the context. Maybe both parties are at fault, maybe one of them really fucked up, maybe the other did.


it's actually pretty relevant here when all we have to go on is two versions of the same story. NASL has been at fault a significant number of times in the past. i don't recall any instances of demuslim lying about conversations he's had. there is no 'evidence' to look at. things may or may not have been said.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
June 15 2012 04:52 GMT
#125
On June 15 2012 13:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 13:09 ssg wrote:
On June 15 2012 12:25 1yzarc1 wrote:
does anyone know whether 14-7 beats 13-6? because if so then demuslim is through anyways as he will be in the top 3 2nd places

14-7 is a better winning % than 13-6, yeah. So demuslim advances no matter what happens.


13-6 is 13/19, or 68.4%. Winning 13 out of 19 games played.

14-7 is 14/21, or 66.7%. Winning 14 out of 21 games played.

Therefore, 13-6 is a higher winning percentage than 14-7.

I'm not sure if NASL takes into account other factors or variables, but I think the comparison of those numbers alone should at least be made clear.

Pretty sure NASL does it on points. you get 1 point for winning and -1 for losing.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
June 15 2012 05:00 GMT
#126
On June 15 2012 13:52 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 13:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 15 2012 13:09 ssg wrote:
On June 15 2012 12:25 1yzarc1 wrote:
does anyone know whether 14-7 beats 13-6? because if so then demuslim is through anyways as he will be in the top 3 2nd places

14-7 is a better winning % than 13-6, yeah. So demuslim advances no matter what happens.


13-6 is 13/19, or 68.4%. Winning 13 out of 19 games played.

14-7 is 14/21, or 66.7%. Winning 14 out of 21 games played.

Therefore, 13-6 is a higher winning percentage than 14-7.

I'm not sure if NASL takes into account other factors or variables, but I think the comparison of those numbers alone should at least be made clear.

Pretty sure NASL does it on points. you get 1 point for winning and -1 for losing.


Ah, so they would be tied at 7 then? 13-6=7 and 14-7=7, like that?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 06:58:02
June 15 2012 05:01 GMT
#127
On June 15 2012 13:41 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 13:37 SCST wrote:
Two points (as a spectator only) about the drama:

1. I am utterly convinced that Demuslim is telling the truth here. Why? Because he has a good track record. On the other hand, (before BitterDam) NASL had the worst track record of any major SC2 tournament regarding screwups, bad PR and unprofessionalism. And I'm sure some of that crap is still lingering around (see 'Sound Guy 101') even to this day.

/preaching


Meh, that's a logical fallacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well

Don't just assume that X is correct and Y is incorrect just because of past experiences. Take a look at the evidence for this particular case as well. I'm not going to take sides here, but approach it with an open mind and read the context. Maybe both parties are at fault, maybe one of them really fucked up, maybe the other did.




I like your balanced perspective, but I bring to your attention that my speech was never dogmatic in any way. Being 'utterly convinced' is not attempting to be factual, it's just my opinion stated very strongly. In other words, I'm as convinced as I could possibly be without knowing with 100% certainty that Demuslim is telling the truth.

Regarding the way I form my opinions, well . . . my experiences and observations go a long way in shaping my opinions of the world. Facts trump everything of course, but to base my judgment solely on facts (when facts are not available) would be to sap the life out of my humanity. In other words, I prefer not to live life as if I were hand-held calculator!

And I am a very open minded person. In this case, however, NASL has gone beyond merely losing some credability over the previous Seasons blunders - in fact, I think NASL is bankrupt in the credability department. So no, I don't need to have an open mind anymore. Both cases for this drama have been laid out quite clearly and I don't see much grey area to mull over. One person is lying or has severe short-term memory loss. And I'm convinced it's not Demuslim.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46480 Posts
June 15 2012 05:16 GMT
#128
Fair enough, pique and SCST. I agree that NASL has indeed lost credibility in the past. I just don't like to jump on the bandwagon of "It must be them because they've done it in the past", although I completely understand that it seems rather logical to assume it was them when there's nothing else to go on other than reputations. While other players have less than stellar track records, and NASL has done a lot to improve their organization over the past few seasons, DeMusliM does have a good reputation (as far as I know) and NASL has been far from perfect.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
June 15 2012 05:23 GMT
#129
On June 15 2012 14:00 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 13:52 jmbthirteen wrote:
On June 15 2012 13:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On June 15 2012 13:09 ssg wrote:
On June 15 2012 12:25 1yzarc1 wrote:
does anyone know whether 14-7 beats 13-6? because if so then demuslim is through anyways as he will be in the top 3 2nd places

14-7 is a better winning % than 13-6, yeah. So demuslim advances no matter what happens.


13-6 is 13/19, or 68.4%. Winning 13 out of 19 games played.

14-7 is 14/21, or 66.7%. Winning 14 out of 21 games played.

Therefore, 13-6 is a higher winning percentage than 14-7.

I'm not sure if NASL takes into account other factors or variables, but I think the comparison of those numbers alone should at least be made clear.

Pretty sure NASL does it on points. you get 1 point for winning and -1 for losing.


Ah, so they would be tied at 7 then? 13-6=7 and 14-7=7, like that?

I believe so.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
June 15 2012 05:59 GMT
#130
On June 15 2012 13:37 SCST wrote:
Two points (as a spectator only) about the drama:


1. I am utterly convinced that Demuslim is telling the truth here. Why? Because he has a good track record. On the
other hand: (before BitterDam) NASL had the worst track record of any major SC2 tournament regarding screwups, bad PR and unprofessionalism. And I'm sure some of that crap is still lingering around (see 'Sound Guy 101') even to this day.

2. In my opinion Demuslim made a big (albeit human) mistake bringing this up in the match, rather than just on the forums. I believe that he would had brought sufficient attention to this issue with his post alone, and without indirectly disrespecting Dimaga, the casters and some of the fans. This is not the first time this has happened (see Thorzain), and bringing it up in this manner is a huge PR no-no. I'd recommend trying to contain the rage until said Pro can get to the forum and then exploding. It's healthier in the long run.

/preaching


If you're going by track record... I've never in my life let a person postpone a match for two weeks. Why would I have started here? This is a he-says-she-says argument. But if you want to look at track records, you'd know that we at the NASL are very hesitant to postpone matches even 1-2 days, let alone 1-2 weeks, and that we only make exceptions for major events such as MLG, Blizzcon, and GSL Code S games (the only times we've ever specifically allowed matches to be played after a broadcast date). Based on this, one would conclude that I never would have told DeMusliM he could play after Gigabyte, it's 100% not something I would ever do.

Regardless, DeMusliM believes I did, and I'm saying I didn't... not much more to it than that.

twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 06:35:54
June 15 2012 06:26 GMT
#131
On June 15 2012 14:59 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 13:37 SCST wrote:
Two points (as a spectator only) about the drama:


1. I am utterly convinced that Demuslim is telling the truth here. Why? Because he has a good track record. On the
other hand: (before BitterDam) NASL had the worst track record of any major SC2 tournament regarding screwups, bad PR and unprofessionalism. And I'm sure some of that crap is still lingering around (see 'Sound Guy 101') even to this day.

2. In my opinion Demuslim made a big (albeit human) mistake bringing this up in the match, rather than just on the forums. I believe that he would had brought sufficient attention to this issue with his post alone, and without indirectly disrespecting Dimaga, the casters and some of the fans. This is not the first time this has happened (see Thorzain), and bringing it up in this manner is a huge PR no-no. I'd recommend trying to contain the rage until said Pro can get to the forum and then exploding. It's healthier in the long run.

/preaching


If you're going by track record... I've never in my life let a person postpone a match for two weeks. Why would I have started here? This is a he-says-she-says argument. But if you want to look at track records, you'd know that we at the NASL are very hesitant to postpone matches even 1-2 days, let alone 1-2 weeks, and that we only make exceptions for major events such as MLG, Blizzcon, and GSL Code S games (the only times we've ever specifically allowed matches to be played after a broadcast date). Based on this, one would conclude that I never would have told DeMusliM he could play after Gigabyte, it's 100% not something I would ever do.

Regardless, DeMusliM believes I did, and I'm saying I didn't... not much more to it than that.



You're right about one thing, it does look like a "he-said-she-said" argument. I don't know anything about you personally Xeris - for all I know you could be the second-coming of Jesus in regards to moral integrity. However, you work for an organization with a bad record and that affects you too. Many mistakes have been made, more than normal growing pains. It sucks, but if people are forced to choose between a stand-up player like Demuslim and officials from NASL, you can't possibly be surprised at the result (regardless of your personal track record).

Only you and Demuslim know what really happened. If you're innocent of charge, I wouldn't let these judgements affect you, as anyone who discusses the drama in here (including me) is obviously speculating without solid evidence. And regardless of opinions, I hope you and Demuslim are able to work things out! Professionals harboring animosity towards one another is quite possibly the worse thing that can happen to an online community.




"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
June 15 2012 07:02 GMT
#132
I'd hazard a guess and say that Demuslim asked something and Xeris heard it differently than it was intended by Demuslim and thus said yes, causing Demuslim to think one thing and xeris to think another? Is this possible Demuslim/Xeris?
Shaddar
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
675 Posts
June 15 2012 07:20 GMT
#133
On June 15 2012 16:02 mrtomjones wrote:
I'd hazard a guess and say that Demuslim asked something and Xeris heard it differently than it was intended by Demuslim and thus said yes, causing Demuslim to think one thing and xeris to think another? Is this possible Demuslim/Xeris?


This is what I was thinking as well. From Demu's account, maybe when Xeris said yes he was acknowledging there would be a problem but not saying they could do anything about it? Idk, sounds like there's misinterpretation at work here, maybe neither is really at fault
Why is Check 6 afraid of Infinity Seven? Because Infinity Seven Team 8 Day [9]
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
June 15 2012 08:03 GMT
#134
As Xeris/DemusliM are saying. Its a he-says-she-says argument. DemusliM believed it would be postponed until after Gigabyte while to Xeris it was made clear that it was NOT the case.

Not even making the eMails with time stamps would solve this situation as there is no fault in the written evidence but in community in PERSON at MLG. Its too bad for DemusliM as he is the one screwed regardless who's fault it is. After reading this thread, DemusliM will still be qualified for the finals, so I'm glad for him. He is a very good and entertaining player and he's usually very calm and honest, so I can't believe people call him out on writing wrong statements.

On the other hand, not knowing Xeris too well I still believe he knows his job and this was just a simple missunderstanding at MLG. I hope NASL / leagues really get rid of stuff like that before there is a need of not allowing a postpone at all, because that would certainly make the league be safe, but screw the players.

There are just so many tournaments. My 2 cents.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
emis
Profile Joined November 2011
Estonia409 Posts
June 15 2012 08:04 GMT
#135
On June 15 2012 10:00 TechNoTrance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 09:47 Dexington wrote:
On June 15 2012 09:32 Yamulo wrote:
On June 14 2012 17:31 sVnteen wrote:
funny how every american suddenly has confidence in nony again eventhough he didn't even do well in the (USA ONLY !!!) WCS qualifier

hope hasu wins and he get's a spot in the finals right away but hero is reaaaaaaally good
hasu has shown quite good results lately but since pvp is his worst MU I don't think he will win
everything is possible in pvp though...

darkforce doing well in the TSL qualifier and I think he has moved away from diablo a bit so he is actually practicing sc2 the entire time so he has quite good chances against crazymoving

for demuslim vs dimaga I'm not sure who will win this one because I haven't seen much of dimaga lately

I saw some sjow games and he played really sloppy but after seeing nonys results in WCS USA I think sjow should have this nonetheless

predictions:
DrakFroce 2-1 Crazymoving
HasuObs 1-2 Hero
Dimaga 2-1 Demuslim
Nony 0-2 Sjow

The same could be said for every other country. For example, the amount of faith you have for HasuObs is really confusing to anyone not from Germany.


I have a lot of faith in Hasu. He just won EPS. What has Nony done to warrant any hype?

Other than winning 3 series in WCS USA


Does NonY have to win a major tournament to justify people being happy for him that he is playing better and has more confidence in himself? Someone who has a history of fighting with depression getting better and starting to do well is inspiring. He has come a pretty long way since half a year ago. Sorry if cheering for him offended anyone?


Yes, he has to win a major tournament. It's just that in my opinion, he doesn't deserve hype and people believing in him, cause he doesn't really practice at all compared to the ones working hard. We can empathize for him having depression, that's about it.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
June 15 2012 08:19 GMT
#136
On June 15 2012 17:04 emis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 10:00 TechNoTrance wrote:
On June 15 2012 09:47 Dexington wrote:
On June 15 2012 09:32 Yamulo wrote:
On June 14 2012 17:31 sVnteen wrote:
funny how every american suddenly has confidence in nony again eventhough he didn't even do well in the (USA ONLY !!!) WCS qualifier

hope hasu wins and he get's a spot in the finals right away but hero is reaaaaaaally good
hasu has shown quite good results lately but since pvp is his worst MU I don't think he will win
everything is possible in pvp though...

darkforce doing well in the TSL qualifier and I think he has moved away from diablo a bit so he is actually practicing sc2 the entire time so he has quite good chances against crazymoving

for demuslim vs dimaga I'm not sure who will win this one because I haven't seen much of dimaga lately

I saw some sjow games and he played really sloppy but after seeing nonys results in WCS USA I think sjow should have this nonetheless

predictions:
DrakFroce 2-1 Crazymoving
HasuObs 1-2 Hero
Dimaga 2-1 Demuslim
Nony 0-2 Sjow

The same could be said for every other country. For example, the amount of faith you have for HasuObs is really confusing to anyone not from Germany.


I have a lot of faith in Hasu. He just won EPS. What has Nony done to warrant any hype?

Other than winning 3 series in WCS USA


Does NonY have to win a major tournament to justify people being happy for him that he is playing better and has more confidence in himself? Someone who has a history of fighting with depression getting better and starting to do well is inspiring. He has come a pretty long way since half a year ago. Sorry if cheering for him offended anyone?


Yes, he has to win a major tournament. It's just that in my opinion, he doesn't deserve hype and people believing in him, cause he doesn't really practice at all compared to the ones working hard. We can empathize for him having depression, that's about it.

how dare a man have fans that believe in him. what a ridiculous thought.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 08:29:34
June 15 2012 08:28 GMT
#137
This would not have happened if NASL didn't insist on having this format of qualifiers, like I've said a million times before.

Please consider having groups of 4 or something that you only need the players for for one night or one weekend, after which they'll be done with their group and don't need to show up again until the final tournament (if they qualified).

These problems are never ever going to go away with this format in place.
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
June 15 2012 08:39 GMT
#138
On June 15 2012 17:28 Talin wrote:
This would not have happened if NASL didn't insist on having this format of qualifiers, like I've said a million times before.

Please consider having groups of 4 or something that you only need the players for for one night or one weekend, after which they'll be done with their group and don't need to show up again until the final tournament (if they qualified).

These problems are never ever going to go away with this format in place.


Which would basically defeat the purpose of a league where you can see the players progressing over time..? I think the advantage NASL has over other tournaments is that you can tune in every week and see a match of a player you follow. With a GSL like format (what you're suggesting I think) you may see 1 day of matches of that player per season (+maybe offline finals) or outdated replays which is just boring to watch.
m0ck
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
4194 Posts
June 15 2012 09:01 GMT
#139
I really like the NASL-format and I think it provides an interesting tournament. I also think the structure is a bit too conservative in how many players are kept from one season and to the next one - the level of play could be upped significantly by allowing more new players into the tournament. As to players complaining about the late hours when playing the games - well, tough titty, you knew that when you signed up.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 09:44:11
June 15 2012 09:39 GMT
#140
On June 15 2012 17:39 Neelia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 17:28 Talin wrote:
This would not have happened if NASL didn't insist on having this format of qualifiers, like I've said a million times before.

Please consider having groups of 4 or something that you only need the players for for one night or one weekend, after which they'll be done with their group and don't need to show up again until the final tournament (if they qualified).

These problems are never ever going to go away with this format in place.


Which would basically defeat the purpose of a league where you can see the players progressing over time..? I think the advantage NASL has over other tournaments is that you can tune in every week and see a match of a player you follow. With a GSL like format (what you're suggesting I think) you may see 1 day of matches of that player per season (+maybe offline finals) or outdated replays which is just boring to watch.


It is not an advantage over other tournaments when every few matchdays there's a lot of red text on the page explaining what exactly went wrong this time and how many games weren't played. You can tune in every week to a watch of a player you follow, or you can tune in only to realize he didn't show up and/or the match was postponed.

It would have been an advantage over other tournaments if it actually worked like it was imagined, but it doesn't work, and it doesn't work because it's extremely impractical and impossible to schedule. So it turns out to be a disadvantage instead.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft507
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta86
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft539
PiGStarcraft507
RuFF_SC2 196
SpeCial 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1027
Hyuk 54
Leta 43
Bale 30
Noble 20
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm198
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox743
C9.Mang0292
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor638
Other Games
summit1g9623
Coldzera 818
JimRising 535
Sick109
ViBE63
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick748
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo810
• Stunt304
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 16m
Online Event
7h 16m
FEL
12h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.