• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:36
CEST 07:36
KST 14:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7658 users

MLG Columbus Day 2 - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 911 Next
Okay we're going to start cracking down on people bashing players for no reason. You don't have to like every player, but at least show some respect. (as of page 402)
Falcor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada894 Posts
June 04 2011 15:13 GMT
#301
On June 05 2011 00:11 sc14s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 00:09 th3_great wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:06 zeru wrote:
I can usually appreciate FPS players skills, such as in CS and Quake. But this? It's so slow and doesnt console also have auto aiming? I'm sad that this is so popular and considered competetive gaming. Whoever gets the first shot off on the other guy survives because it seems impossible to even miss.


nah the game settings for mlg halo is completely different than regular play, auto-aim is switched off, game speed is faster and shield recharge is slower and weapon damage is increased, to make the play as competitive as possible

halo never has been nor will it ever be on the level of CS imo.. CTF just isnt as strategic as CS DE_ maps


you shoulda watched the cod stream...such a joke litterally no one talked for the whole match except "come on guys we can come back". And i remember in cgs they said spectators were having a hard time telling what was going on. I play cod and i hard a hard time following which team or player we were watching lol
cooked
Profile Joined December 2010
China1238 Posts
June 04 2011 15:13 GMT
#302
someone quick post the idra neural vine entanglement ss real quick for nostalgic purposes :D
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
June 04 2011 15:13 GMT
#303
On June 05 2011 00:11 Neo.NEt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 00:09 ZapRoffo wrote:
On June 04 2011 23:39 Neo.NEt wrote:
I'm not giving the Koreans any excuses today. No lag, no jet lag, nothin'. We've (myself included) given them every excuse in the book in every tournament involving foreigners but today, I expect Korean domination no matter what.

And I think we'll see that (july!!!!!).

So far the only Korean losses have been Moon vs. Nani and MC vs. Idra
Losira 3-0
MMA 3-0
Moon 2-1
MC 2-1
July undefeated in open.


And yet I still see 100 different people making excuses for MC's ONE best of three loss... if a Korean doesn't win this tournament, it's b/c a foreigner was better than all the Koreans that showed up. Since MC, July, and Losira showed up... I'd call that a hell of an accomplishment.



One tournament doesn't decide who's better than who, specially with a fucked up format like MLG
SooYoung-Noona!
Ejohrik
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden219 Posts
June 04 2011 15:13 GMT
#304
On June 05 2011 00:11 Ryalnos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 00:09 Falcor wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:08 Ryalnos wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:06 zeru wrote:
I can usually appreciate FPS players skills, such as in CS and Quake. But this? It's so slow and doesnt console also have auto aiming? I'm sad that this is so popular and considered competetive gaming. Whoever gets the first shot off on the other guy survives because it seems impossible to even miss.


There's usually only auto-aim for the single player.


theres auto aim in multiplayer(well kinda) its soft aim


To be honest, I'm leaping in here not entirely knowing what I'm talking about (at least I know nothing about how Halo does it now). I just remember that at least MW, MW2 had auto-aim single player but not in multiplayer.


Actually, MW2 has auto-aim multiplayer. If you put your aim close to someone and then use your sight. The sight will center on the player.
TooN
Profile Joined February 2011
1046 Posts
June 04 2011 15:13 GMT
#305
On June 05 2011 00:09 Ansalem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 00:08 TooN wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:05 FliedLice wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:04 antelope591 wrote:
Funny how people talk about gsl not being worth it with the calibre of players here playing for a measly 5k. Not to mention all the pros in the open bracket who dont get crap. At least gsl gives u a huge ass prize if u get far


one weekend.

gsl is like a whole month.


If there was an MLG every weekend for a month. The prize money would still be greatly lower than GSL code S.

Think about that.


All the MLG money is concentrated at the end-of-year finals.


If you play MLG for a whole year, you would be playing for so much less if you play GSL code S for a Year.
jazzyjazz
Profile Joined October 2010
941 Posts
June 04 2011 15:14 GMT
#306
Omg i only have 10 more gb's of bandwidth for these 2 days and I used close to 8gb yesterday...how will i manage?! I hate canadian internet! Can't watch pre-game show, have to save precious bandwidth until the real games start.
Eat emmmmmmmmmm
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 04 2011 15:14 GMT
#307
anyone else pumped for july vs catz? I mean, that's gonna be the most hilarious match ever, and I'm a catz fan. July is sooo rolling him.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
spybreak
Profile Joined October 2010
United States684 Posts
June 04 2011 15:14 GMT
#308
On June 05 2011 00:12 odE wrote:
Consolegaming... ><. Why didnt they choose games like CS or CSS or some other fps like Brink maybe? Personally I cant play FPS games with a pad, its mouse or nothing imo


Console gaming is what kept MLG barely alive in the past couple years in contrast to their competitors who are now out of the scene. Even if SC2 takes over MLG, Halo will always have a special place in MLG =P
Maish
Profile Joined June 2010
United States19 Posts
June 04 2011 15:14 GMT
#309
On June 05 2011 00:11 Ryalnos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 00:09 Falcor wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:08 Ryalnos wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:06 zeru wrote:
I can usually appreciate FPS players skills, such as in CS and Quake. But this? It's so slow and doesnt console also have auto aiming? I'm sad that this is so popular and considered competetive gaming. Whoever gets the first shot off on the other guy survives because it seems impossible to even miss.


There's usually only auto-aim for the single player.


theres auto aim in multiplayer(well kinda) its soft aim


To be honest, I'm leaping in here not entirely knowing what I'm talking about (at least I know nothing about how Halo does it now). I just remember that at least MW, MW2 had auto-aim single player but not in multiplayer.


It still has it it multiplayer, its just a different kind.

I read something somewhere (a lot of help, I know) that described the different types of aim assist used in console shooters. The kinds used in multiplayer are very subtle but are still there.
Pwez
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands43 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#310
On June 05 2011 00:06 A Wet Shamwow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 00:05 Roggay wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:04 FliedLice wrote:
On June 05 2011 00:03 Pwez wrote:
Is this Halo thing being played on a xbox with aim assist on?

If so, seriously fail.


is this starcraft2 thing played on a pc with multiple building select and automine on? :|

The guy is right tho, for a FPS, its a damn shame.

I honestly dont care, but you also have to realize that it is on console, and it would be nearly impossible to play the game without it.


I know, but why not play a FPS using pc's?

Oh and the COD BO tournament is played on PS3's.....
bennyaus
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1833 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#311
On June 05 2011 00:14 Zephirdd wrote:
anyone else pumped for july vs catz? I mean, that's gonna be the most hilarious match ever, and I'm a catz fan. July is sooo rolling him.


SeltzerPlease Rachel Quirico
Aaaand July takes a forfeit win over Root.Catz! Waking up is hard I guess. D:

Not anymore?!
I play Random - HuK, DRG + Liquid fan
Anda
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-04 15:15:31
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#312
On June 05 2011 00:14 jazzyjazz wrote:
Omg i only have 10 more gb's of bandwidth for these 2 days and I used close to 8gb yesterday...how will i manage?! I hate canadian internet! Can't watch pre-game show, have to save precious bandwidth until the real games start.


Poor Canada, you are bad in real sports and have no unlimited internet? Oo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ultramafia
Profile Joined August 2010
221 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#313

@SeltzerPlease
Rachel Quirico
Aaaand July takes a forfeit win over Root.Catz! Waking up is hard I guess. D:
毒爆虫 | CJ Entus fight
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#314
people getting free HD

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#315
I'd love if MLG showed which matches were filling up which empty slots in the bracket so we could make predictions from the open bracket
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-04 15:15:39
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#316
So much FPS discussion here...

I personnaly can't see any differences between FPSs.
They're ALL shit for competitive gaming.
The legend of Darien lives on
Spitmode
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany1510 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#317
why the hell is day9 and dj wheat casting on BOTH streams?!?! i wanna see tasteless and artosis!!
"Make house -> Robots come out of house -> Robots shoot lazers -> Someone wins"
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#318
On June 05 2011 00:14 jazzyjazz wrote:
Omg i only have 10 more gb's of bandwidth for these 2 days and I used close to 8gb yesterday...how will i manage?! I hate canadian internet! Can't watch pre-game show, have to save precious bandwidth until the real games start.

Ahhhh the infinite bandwith associated with US Universities
Liquid | SKT
asdd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
228 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#319
"Aaaand July takes a forfeit win over Root.Catz! Waking up is hard I guess. D:"

http://twitter.com/#!/SeltzerPlease/status/77030306154164224
I
Falcor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada894 Posts
June 04 2011 15:15 GMT
#320
On June 05 2011 00:14 jazzyjazz wrote:
Omg i only have 10 more gb's of bandwidth for these 2 days and I used close to 8gb yesterday...how will i manage?! I hate canadian internet! Can't watch pre-game show, have to save precious bandwidth until the real games start.


get tecksavvy unlimited bandwidth ftw
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 911 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 482
Hyuk 449
Leta 113
Icarus 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 813
Other Games
summit1g9127
WinterStarcraft477
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick901
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2262
League of Legends
• Rush1393
• Lourlo1060
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 24m
INu's Battles
6h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 24m
Replay Cast
17h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.