• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:16
CEST 02:16
KST 09:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9640 users

Dreamhack Invitational - Page 612

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 610 611 612 613 614 Next
s031720
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden383 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 21:12:40
April 14 2011 20:03 GMT
#12221
On April 15 2011 04:24 Krehlmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 04:12 s031720 wrote:
As far as the last game is concerned;

1. MC didnt hack the game.
2. It was a mirror match-up.

Thats all anyone needs to know. It was not unfair, not imba, not OP, not anything but a good read and an effective strategy to WIN! Thats how professionals play.

Welcome to the world of SPORTS where the name of the game is winning, not entertaining whiny little snobs. (although preferably both).

Edit;
And if anyone think it was a coinflip, you simply dont understand metagaming. Dont ever start playing poker. Hint; If you want to be successful at higher levels, you play the player, not the game.



Ok I'm so close on snapping because I don't get people like the one above.

What person in his right mind does not know that Poker, Sports and Starcraft II is all about calculated risks? Ofcourse everyone knows this, nobody is arguing it. There are bigger and lesser calculated risks, and what makes me dislike the last game is that MC thought the risk of White-Ra scouting his cheese and winning outright was lesser than if MC just played the game outright and straightforward.

He knew this and he did it and he won.
Yes. We know. Shut up about it.

That does still make me less inclined to liking MC, it makes me less inclined to PAY for events.
We all know it's part of the game. We are still entitled to our own godamn opinions and stop telling everyone who thinks differently they are not entitled to their opinion.
I paid for the event in difference to 99% of you anti-trolls so I am actually entitled to give feedback asmuch as I godamn wish.

What's with this attitude of people going: "Rofle kids think there's 'honour or deserving' in games there isn't lol it's about winning rofle" yeah and it's also about godamn entertainment. If it isn't entertaining then people wont buy it and it's easy defending these things, players and esports when you're not paying for it but stop kidding yourselves: Capitalism is all about demand and nobody would demand to much cheesy games. Yes it was just 1 game and yeah it's to be expected but it's you people who made this discussion psudo-philosophical.
It will happen again, nobody argues that, but I can still think it was a bad move and nobody has the godamn right or power to tell me I should think otherwise just as I won't tell you people your points are not valid: I just don't agree.

Now please stop with these black and white arguments as if a person did not love that MC did what he did that person hates esports, bunnies and the world.


I will use CAPS. I feel ENTITLED to it. My other post was not directed to you. This one is.

Feel free to snap.IDont think anyone cares more about how you feel just because you payed to watch. You are just one person. You are not the ONLY one entitled to have an opinion, whether you payed entrance fee to that event or not. It is not worth more. Its not worth less. Again, you are just one person. You have expressed your opinion. Several times. Now let others express theirs.

As for paying for ESPORTS; You SHOULD have known SC2 enough by now that in a set of games, there WILL probably be cheese, there SHOULD probably be cheese if the players are experienced enough to change up their playstyle. Knowing this you still CHOOSE to pay, and Im assuming you probably hade a pretty good time for those 100SEK. You maye feel you are ENTITLED to complain about it; I may disagree. But im not so interested in that.

Im more interested in the PRINCIPLE that players should play to ENTERTAIN rather than to WIN because otherwise noone would pay to watch; or you are letting the viewers down. I dont agree. The players are not there for the viewers, they are there for themselves and their team. The audience are there for the players. The fact that they pay to watch the game does not give them right to make demands on HOW the game should be played other than to be kept within the rules.

In soccer greece won the European championshop with a 4-5-1 format and counters. Still we loved to watch, not because the games where ENTERTAINING, because it was a great STORY, the underdog taking on the soccer-elite of Europe. People payed to watch; and I am pretty sure that that tournament did not deter them from paying to watch in the future.

My point is; In the world of proffessional sports, you get respect by trying your hardest to win. SC2 is moving towards becoming an ESPORT, or may allready be one. Only when players play to WIN rather then to ENTERTAIN, SC2 will be regarded as a sport; and while the scene might loose some audience who prefer the wrestlingscene-like approach where its more about show than sport, it will gain so many more viewers who just want to see the game beeing played aswell as it can be, players taking eachother on trying to overcome the other with any avaiable means possible.

The MC/White-ra Set, including the fifth game, was well within the rules, and also well within the NORM of tournament gaming; cheesing once here and there is pretty standard. White-ra got punished for consistently playing risky starters; a lesson hopefully well learned.

The only thing I would agree with you on is that it was an anticlimax. Ofcourse it was. That happens in the world of sports. Often. That does not make it wrong. It does not make you entitled, for instance, to get your money back just because your favourite team lost 0-4. The risk of anticlimax but also the chance of epic unexpected greatness is what makes sports awesome to watch.

I find complaining about it petty and immature. But thats just me and my opinion. Im just one person. Just like you. But the diffrence between you and me is that I would GLADLY pay to see my favourite players trying their best in competition with others to win tournaments. You may not. I think that is YOUR loss, not the players, not the SC-scene and not mine. But thats just my opinion.


Ninja-edited for more clarity.
Just another noob
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 14 2011 20:08 GMT
#12222
On April 15 2011 04:24 Krehlmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 04:12 s031720 wrote:
As far as the last game is concerned;

1. MC didnt hack the game.
2. It was a mirror match-up.

Thats all anyone needs to know. It was not unfair, not imba, not OP, not anything but a good read and an effective strategy to WIN! Thats how professionals play.

Welcome to the world of SPORTS where the name of the game is winning, not entertaining whiny little snobs. (although preferably both).

Edit;
And if anyone think it was a coinflip, you simply dont understand metagaming. Dont ever start playing poker. Hint; If you want to be successful at higher levels, you play the player, not the game.



Ok I'm so close on snapping because I don't get people like the one above.

What person in his right mind does not know that Poker, Sports and Starcraft II is all about calculated risks? Ofcourse everyone knows this, nobody is arguing it. There are bigger and lesser calculated risks, and what makes me dislike the last game is that MC thought the risk of White-Ra scouting his cheese and winning outright was lesser than if MC just played the game outright and straightforward.

He knew this and he did it and he won.
Yes. We know. Shut up about it.

That does still make me less inclined to liking MC, it makes me less inclined to PAY for events.
We all know it's part of the game. We are still entitled to our own godamn opinions and stop telling everyone who thinks differently they are not entitled to their opinion.
I paid for the event in difference to 99% of you anti-trolls so I am actually entitled to give feedback asmuch as I godamn wish.

What's with this attitude of people going: "Rofle kids think there's 'honour or deserving' in games there isn't lol it's about winning rofle" yeah and it's also about godamn entertainment. If it isn't entertaining then people wont buy it and it's easy defending these things, players and esports when you're not paying for it but stop kidding yourselves: Capitalism is all about demand and nobody would demand to much cheesy games. Yes it was just 1 game and yeah it's to be expected but it's you people who made this discussion psudo-philosophical.
It will happen again, nobody argues that, but I can still think it was a bad move and nobody has the godamn right or power to tell me I should think otherwise just as I won't tell you people your points are not valid: I just don't agree.

Now please stop with these black and white arguments as if a person did not love that MC did what he did that person hates esports, bunnies and the world.


Certainly you're entitled to your opinion. However, opinions can be well supported or weakly supported - I'm sure you'd agree with that. If I was of the opinion that, say, MVP is a shitty player, I'd be entitled to it, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't appear to be full of shit because my reasons for my opinion, whatever they are, would likely look very weak and empty in light of MVP's achievements.

Here's my problem with your stance: You keep calling MC's final move a coinflip, when there has been proof from MC himself that it was far more calculated than a coinflip. The very use of the word downplays the thought and strategy that went into his decision to 2gate. That thought and strategy is not contestable. An opinion will not make that thought and strategy exist or cease to exist. It's a fact that MC's thought process that lead up to his decision to proxy was very logical - yet, people like you still call his final move a "coinflip", and all of your opinions seem to rest largely on how you believe it to be a "coinflip", which is obviously a very boring, risky, "dishonorable" move in your eyes.

Nothing is certain in SC2. The "gamesense" that professional players develop isn't some psychic phenomenon. It's merely the ability, on both a subconscious and conscious level, to figure out something about what an opponent's doing based on limited hints of information. What MC did was both use his gamesense throughout the previous 4 games, along with simply looking at past trends in WhiteRa's PvP, to make his decision. It was a very informed decision, and although you may call it a "coinflip", by that logic, anything could be considered a coinflip - for example, WhiteRa's simultaneous expand and Colossus teching in game 2. He pretty much said, "Well, I hope MC doesn't switch into a really aggressive attack right now," and MC didn't. Granted, WhiteRa used the information he gleaned from scouting MC to influence his decision to play very greedily, but that's pretty much the same thing as MC using the information he gleaned over 4 games and past PvPs that WhiteRa played to make his decision to proxy. Let's stop throwing the word "coinflip" around and save such a term with such a negative connotation for players who actually blindly all-in/play risky without any intelligent thought process to back it up.

With that out of the way, the only valid reason you could be criticizing MC is that the proxy 2gate was boring end to the series, which is certainly a valid opinion to have. However, I look at it in this light: MC, in that final game, played more intelligently than WhiteRa. All WhiteRa did was pretty much do the SAME opening over and over, to the point that by the time the final game rolled around, MC knew what he could do to get a free win since WhiteRa was being so predictable. On the other hand, MC was able to figure out WhiteRa and get that free win, thanks to his gamesense and acknowledging other trends in WhiteRa's past PvPs. Why are all the MC haters faulting the guy that played MORE intelligently? Why don't you place any blame on WhiteRa for not doing something as rudimentary as scouting his friggin' base for a proxy in PvP, or for doing the same opening to the point that he becomes predictable and susceptible to cheese? Are you seriously suggesting that MC shouldn't cheese when WhiteRa pretty much held up a big "Please cheese me for a free win since I do the same opening every time" sign? Given the arguments I've seen people like you make in the past, I doubt you'd be able to answer those questions, and instead opt to cover your ears and cry some more about how MC's proxy was boring and dishonorable, rather than acknowledging that plenty of the blame lies with WhiteRa for playing in such a way that a calculated cheese would be an autowin for his opponent. But if you do have answers to those questions, then I'd love to hear them.


deadmau
Profile Joined September 2010
960 Posts
April 14 2011 20:25 GMT
#12223
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 15 2011 05:03 s031720 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 04:24 Krehlmar wrote:
On April 15 2011 04:12 s031720 wrote:
As far as the last game is concerned;

1. MC didnt hack the game.
2. It was a mirror match-up.

Thats all anyone needs to know. It was not unfair, not imba, not OP, not anything but a good read and an effective strategy to WIN! Thats how professionals play.

Welcome to the world of SPORTS where the name of the game is winning, not entertaining whiny little snobs. (although preferably both).

Edit;
And if anyone think it was a coinflip, you simply dont understand metagaming. Dont ever start playing poker. Hint; If you want to be successful at higher levels, you play the player, not the game.



Ok I'm so close on snapping because I don't get people like the one above.

What person in his right mind does not know that Poker, Sports and Starcraft II is all about calculated risks? Ofcourse everyone knows this, nobody is arguing it. There are bigger and lesser calculated risks, and what makes me dislike the last game is that MC thought the risk of White-Ra scouting his cheese and winning outright was lesser than if MC just played the game outright and straightforward.

He knew this and he did it and he won.
Yes. We know. Shut up about it.

That does still make me less inclined to liking MC, it makes me less inclined to PAY for events.
We all know it's part of the game. We are still entitled to our own godamn opinions and stop telling everyone who thinks differently they are not entitled to their opinion.
I paid for the event in difference to 99% of you anti-trolls so I am actually entitled to give feedback asmuch as I godamn wish.

What's with this attitude of people going: "Rofle kids think there's 'honour or deserving' in games there isn't lol it's about winning rofle" yeah and it's also about godamn entertainment. If it isn't entertaining then people wont buy it and it's easy defending these things, players and esports when you're not paying for it but stop kidding yourselves: Capitalism is all about demand and nobody would demand to much cheesy games. Yes it was just 1 game and yeah it's to be expected but it's you people who made this discussion psudo-philosophical.
It will happen again, nobody argues that, but I can still think it was a bad move and nobody has the godamn right or power to tell me I should think otherwise just as I won't tell you people your points are not valid: I just don't agree.

Now please stop with these black and white arguments as if a person did not love that MC did what he did that person hates esports, bunnies and the world.


I will use CAPS. I feel ENTITLED to it. My other post was not directed to you. This one is.

Feel free to snap. I dont think anyone cares more about how you feel just because you payed to watch. You are just one person. You are not the ONLY one entitled to have an opinion, whether you payed entrance fee to that event or not. It is not worth more. Its not worth less. Again, you are just one person. You have expressed your opinion. Several times. Now let others express theirs.

As for paying for ESPORTS; You SHOULD have known SC2 enough by now that in a set of games, there WILL probably be cheese, there SHOULD probably be cheese if the players are experienced enough to change up their playstyle. Knowing this you still CHOOSE to pay, and Im assuming you probably hade a pretty good time for those 100SEK so im not sure what you are complaining about (or if you are ENTITLED to complain) specifically about Dreamhack; but also im not so interested in that.

Im more interested in the PRINCIPLE that players should play to ENTERTAIN rather than to WIN because otherwise the noone would pay to watch or you are letting the viewers down. I dont agree. The players are not there for the viewers, they are there for themselves and their team. The audience are there for the players. They fact that they pay to watch the game does not give them right to make demands on HOW the game should be played other than to keep within the rules.

If every game of basketball was played as if by Harlem Globetrotters, ppl would stop watching because it would be shallow and uninteresting.

If boxing would be like wrestling(all about the show and decided before hand) ppl would stop watching because it would be shallow and unineresting.

In soccer greece won the European championshop with a 4-5-1 format and counters. Still we loved to watch, not because the games where ENTERTAINING, because it was a great STORY, the underdog taking on the soccer-elite of Europe.

My point is; In the world of proffessional sports, you get respect by trying your hardest to win. SC2 is moving towards becoming an ESPORT, or may allready be one. Only when players play to WIN rather then to ENTERTAIN, SC2 will be regarded as a sport; and while the scene might loose some audience who prefer the wrestlingscene-like approach, it will gain so many more viewers who just want to see the game beeing played aswell as it can be, players taking eachother on trying to overcome the other with any means possible, within the rules of the game.

The MC/White-ra Set, including the fifth game, was well within the rules, and also well within the NORM of tournament gaming; cheesing once here and there is pretty standard. White-ra got punished for consistently playing risky starters; a lesson hopefully well learned.

The only thing I would agree with you on is that it was an anticlimax. Ofcourse it was. That happens in the world of sports. Often. That does not make it wrong. It does not make you entitled, for instance, to get your money back just because your favourite team lost 0-4. The risk of anticlimax but also the chance of epic unexpected greatness is what makes sports awesome to watch.

I find complaining about it petty and immature. But thats just me and my opinion. Im just one person. Just like you. But the diffrence between you and me is that I would GLADLY pay to see players trying their best to win tournaments. You may not. I think that is YOUR loss, not the players, not the SC-scene and not mine. But thats just my opinion.



@s031720

Lol, you know the comments Krelhmar seemed very disturbing to me but I could not yet put them into words why it was so disturbing, but thanks to you it is very clear to me now. Krelhmar reminds me of the children that like wrestling and want "fake competitive entertainment." As to what more mature people told me when i had interest in wrestling, "it is fake, lulz." Seriously Krelhmar cut your bias attitude, we don't need that here, it's very childish.
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
April 14 2011 20:39 GMT
#12224
The ending of sjow vs white ra game 1 not working and the game 2 too.

its on this link, it just doesnt load...http://www.justin.tv/dreamhacktv/b/283545072
My Life for Aiur
tarath
Profile Joined April 2009
United States377 Posts
April 14 2011 20:52 GMT
#12225
On April 14 2011 18:11 tdt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 16:25 tarath wrote:
omg so epic. MC is such a boss.

Great casting as well, apollo + dimaga are as good as any pair of casters out there. I really think I like apollo casting a ton, him + day9 was assume too.

Casting was bias as hell but whatever. Just listen to DEMUSLIM get all excited about proxy 2 until he realizes MC is doing it LOL. At first he thought it was whitera and genius move then is like oh its MC. Not to mention saying MC was destroyed first 2 when white won by skin of his teeth.


Casting was super biased (particularly from Demuslim) I won't argue that, but they still made the event very enjoyable to watch (and I was routing for MC so its not like I'm a WhiteRa fan boy who was happy to see biased commentary).

fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
April 14 2011 21:18 GMT
#12226
Ugh, so annoying how all these scrubs come out of the woodworks. Everyone knows about Sirlin's playing to win article, so I'll link an older article by a sf2 super turbo player named S-kill (currently a corner stone of the fighting game community) who wrote one of the first anti-scrub articles back in the day. It definitely opened my eyes when I read it in 2002. This is a repost:

http://shoryuken.com/f176/cheapness-221148/

bottom line this is a tourney for money so stfu. plenty of people found it enjoyable, so if you don't want to pay for it, nobody cares, stop crying.
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
April 14 2011 21:22 GMT
#12227
The wonderful news coming out of this is the promise (from the guys behind the scenes) that Dreamhack summer will be twice as good!

Dreamhack summer will be a crazy event, according to DH +50 pro players have contacted them already.
I am not young enough to know everything.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
April 14 2011 21:24 GMT
#12228
On April 15 2011 05:03 s031720 wrote:
In soccer greece won the European championshop with a 4-5-1 format and counters. Still we loved to watch, not because the games where ENTERTAINING, because it was a great STORY, the underdog taking on the soccer-elite of Europe. People payed to watch; and I am pretty sure that that tournament did not deter them from paying to watch in the future.

You enjoyed that?
I went into rage mode
YuM-
Profile Joined April 2011
United States12 Posts
April 14 2011 21:42 GMT
#12229


grand finals of it posted on youtube if anyone hates looking for it on justintv for some reason. o.o
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
April 14 2011 21:57 GMT
#12230
On April 15 2011 04:24 Krehlmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 04:12 s031720 wrote:
As far as the last game is concerned;

1. MC didnt hack the game.
2. It was a mirror match-up.

Thats all anyone needs to know. It was not unfair, not imba, not OP, not anything but a good read and an effective strategy to WIN! Thats how professionals play.

Welcome to the world of SPORTS where the name of the game is winning, not entertaining whiny little snobs. (although preferably both).

Edit;
And if anyone think it was a coinflip, you simply dont understand metagaming. Dont ever start playing poker. Hint; If you want to be successful at higher levels, you play the player, not the game.



Ok I'm so close on snapping because I don't get people like the one above.

What person in his right mind does not know that Poker, Sports and Starcraft II is all about calculated risks? Ofcourse everyone knows this, nobody is arguing it. There are bigger and lesser calculated risks, and what makes me dislike the last game is that MC thought the risk of White-Ra scouting his cheese and winning outright was lesser than if MC just played the game outright and straightforward.

He knew this and he did it and he won.
Yes. We know. Shut up about it.

That does still make me less inclined to liking MC, it makes me less inclined to PAY for events.
We all know it's part of the game. We are still entitled to our own godamn opinions and stop telling everyone who thinks differently they are not entitled to their opinion.
I paid for the event in difference to 99% of you anti-trolls so I am actually entitled to give feedback asmuch as I godamn wish.

What's with this attitude of people going: "Rofle kids think there's 'honour or deserving' in games there isn't lol it's about winning rofle" yeah and it's also about godamn entertainment. If it isn't entertaining then people wont buy it and it's easy defending these things, players and esports when you're not paying for it but stop kidding yourselves: Capitalism is all about demand and nobody would demand to much cheesy games. Yes it was just 1 game and yeah it's to be expected but it's you people who made this discussion psudo-philosophical.
It will happen again, nobody argues that, but I can still think it was a bad move and nobody has the godamn right or power to tell me I should think otherwise just as I won't tell you people your points are not valid: I just don't agree.

Now please stop with these black and white arguments as if a person did not love that MC did what he did that person hates esports, bunnies and the world.


What I take from this rant? You're a fan of WWF/WWE and not of MMA.

I happen to like neither, but I'll take a real take down in 3 minutes than 30 minute 'show match' of entertainment.

Individual games in Starcraft are entertaining. But it's also the totality- will they be taken down in 6minutes or a 60 minute slugfest? Or anything in between. The unknowns makes even the early game exciting- 4gate... or 9pool or 2gate, Flash's bunker rush (sorry going BW on yah)

You can keep your WWE.
I'll take SC from proxy rush to 60 minute macro wars.

gogo MC- keep on tearing it up!
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 22:13:28
April 14 2011 22:05 GMT
#12231
On April 15 2011 04:24 Krehlmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 04:12 s031720 wrote:
As far as the last game is concerned;

1. MC didnt hack the game.
2. It was a mirror match-up.

Thats all anyone needs to know. It was not unfair, not imba, not OP, not anything but a good read and an effective strategy to WIN! Thats how professionals play.

Welcome to the world of SPORTS where the name of the game is winning, not entertaining whiny little snobs. (although preferably both).

Edit;
And if anyone think it was a coinflip, you simply dont understand metagaming. Dont ever start playing poker. Hint; If you want to be successful at higher levels, you play the player, not the game.



Ok I'm so close on snapping because I don't get people like the one above.

What person in his right mind does not know that Poker, Sports and Starcraft II is all about calculated risks? Ofcourse everyone knows this, nobody is arguing it. There are bigger and lesser calculated risks, and what makes me dislike the last game is that MC thought the risk of White-Ra scouting his cheese and winning outright was lesser than if MC just played the game outright and straightforward.

He knew this and he did it and he won.
Yes. We know. Shut up about it.

That does still make me less inclined to liking MC, it makes me less inclined to PAY for events.
We all know it's part of the game. We are still entitled to our own godamn opinions and stop telling everyone who thinks differently they are not entitled to their opinion.
I paid for the event in difference to 99% of you anti-trolls so I am actually entitled to give feedback asmuch as I godamn wish.

What's with this attitude of people going: "Rofle kids think there's 'honour or deserving' in games there isn't lol it's about winning rofle" yeah and it's also about godamn entertainment. If it isn't entertaining then people wont buy it and it's easy defending these things, players and esports when you're not paying for it but stop kidding yourselves: Capitalism is all about demand and nobody would demand to much cheesy games. Yes it was just 1 game and yeah it's to be expected but it's you people who made this discussion psudo-philosophical.
It will happen again, nobody argues that, but I can still think it was a bad move and nobody has the godamn right or power to tell me I should think otherwise just as I won't tell you people your points are not valid: I just don't agree.

Now please stop with these black and white arguments as if a person did not love that MC did what he did that person hates esports, bunnies and the world.


Edit: HolyArrow's post was nicer than mine.

You were there at the event? MC complimented the Swedish fans for being "more energetic" than his Korean fans. I'm pretty sure if MC's cocky attitude gets in the way of his practice, he'll eventually lose his current "best in world plus maybe MVP" status and will stop owning other top players and the haters can all relax (or more likely, find a new target). And not saying you're a hater, but if you read this thread....
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
April 14 2011 22:17 GMT
#12232
Imagine it was White-Ra coming back from 0-2 down and proxy gating the final game to victory, people would be going absolutely crazy, 100 pages filled with "special taktiks"/"better taktiks" meme, and endlessly praising how ballsy White-Ra is for doing that in the final game.

There's nothing wrong with being upset when a player you like loses, but you need to give the winner the credit he deserves. Calling MC a "fag" or someone who "only cheeses because he knows he can't beat White-Ra" is extremely immature and you know fully yourself how differently you would be reacting if White-Ra was on the winning side of this final.
Xercen
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom375 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 22:36:02
April 14 2011 22:34 GMT
#12233
On April 15 2011 04:24 Krehlmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 04:12 s031720 wrote:
As far as the last game is concerned;

1. MC didnt hack the game.
2. It was a mirror match-up.

Thats all anyone needs to know. It was not unfair, not imba, not OP, not anything but a good read and an effective strategy to WIN! Thats how professionals play.

Welcome to the world of SPORTS where the name of the game is winning, not entertaining whiny little snobs. (although preferably both).

Edit;
And if anyone think it was a coinflip, you simply dont understand metagaming. Dont ever start playing poker. Hint; If you want to be successful at higher levels, you play the player, not the game.



Ok I'm so close on snapping because I don't get people like the one above.

What person in his right mind does not know that Poker, Sports and Starcraft II is all about calculated risks? Ofcourse everyone knows this, nobody is arguing it. There are bigger and lesser calculated risks, and what makes me dislike the last game is that MC thought the risk of White-Ra scouting his cheese and winning outright was lesser than if MC just played the game outright and straightforward.

He knew this and he did it and he won.
Yes. We know. Shut up about it.

That does still make me less inclined to liking MC, it makes me less inclined to PAY for events.
We all know it's part of the game. We are still entitled to our own godamn opinions and stop telling everyone who thinks differently they are not entitled to their opinion.
I paid for the event in difference to 99% of you anti-trolls so I am actually entitled to give feedback asmuch as I godamn wish.

What's with this attitude of people going: "Rofle kids think there's 'honour or deserving' in games there isn't lol it's about winning rofle" yeah and it's also about godamn entertainment. If it isn't entertaining then people wont buy it and it's easy defending these things, players and esports when you're not paying for it but stop kidding yourselves: Capitalism is all about demand and nobody would demand to much cheesy games. Yes it was just 1 game and yeah it's to be expected but it's you people who made this discussion psudo-philosophical.
It will happen again, nobody argues that, but I can still think it was a bad move and nobody has the godamn right or power to tell me I should think otherwise just as I won't tell you people your points are not valid: I just don't agree.

Now please stop with these black and white arguments as if a person did not love that MC did what he did that person hates esports, bunnies and the world.




Firstly i heard a lot about nerdraging being fairly commonplace in swedish males so you should take a chill pill if the internetz makes you rage! Be chilled out like jinro and the normal swedes <3

Secondly, in starcraft 1, there was a case of 11 individuals having very entertaining games but eventually they were found out to have match fixed. Of course they were banned from kespa permanently because regardless of how entertaining a match/series can be, people on the whole prefer the tournament to won fair and square rather than it being entertaining. MC won fair and square. Cheese is a part of starcraft and will always be a part of starcraft. It's a valid strategy in a person's arsenal as long as it's not way overpowered (30s bunker rushes). If the game was meant to be entertaining and not really competitive then we would just have showmatches (exhibition) matches but everybody knows nobody wants to watch exhibition matches where people aren't trying their best to win the game.

You are entitled to your opinion and i believe you were probably one of those wow players that whined when they couldn't get weapons from arena anymore and eventually wow became more casual friendly. I quit after i got gladiator title in season 2 but after that wow because very casual friendly

People like you have made starcraft 2 like wow where we don't even have losses on our profiles because it will hurt our feelings or make us nerdrage or in your case close to snapping with swedish fury. They even changed copper to bronze because copper sounded so bad in order to stop gamer's feelings being hurt. Fact is people diamond in or above in 1v1 understand the game and they know that cheese is a part of starcraft strategy and it's a trump card you can play to test the resilience of your opponent...i.e will he tilt in the next game.

Tbh have your opinion but most of the players on this thread knows mc won fair and square. So does white-ra and that's why he didn't make a fuss about it because he knew the better man won on the day.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
April 14 2011 22:34 GMT
#12234
Lol at all the MC hate; i can't believe it. I guess people can be upset when their favourite loses but come on guys!?

Play to win. MC wants to win everything - 1 million before he retires remember!?
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
HandleTaken
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden81 Posts
April 15 2011 00:07 GMT
#12235
I am a newbie so I probably haven't read the section of the rules where it says that 'thou shall not cheese'. Some people act like MC broke the rules or something. Of course he didn't.

I was cheering for White-Ra but I have alot of respect for a great player like MC. Most of all I'm thankful for MC and the other invited players coming to Sweden and promoting SC2 by bringing their best game. I'm hoping MC will remember the enthusiastic crowd and not a few whiners.
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 00:57:49
April 15 2011 00:55 GMT
#12236
No one will read this but I wanted to say the commentators were my fav next to chill/day9 with a side note for bisquit...
this was well commentated, enjoyable to watch and...
thanks

edit

ps: <3 mc
<3 white-ra (my fav ever)
<3 jinro your a baller
<3 the rest I love you all (cept idra lol)
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 02:37:54
April 15 2011 02:37 GMT
#12237
On April 14 2011 20:51 Technique wrote:
Dreamhack showing how proper streaming and event management is done.

Like a boss! All those american leaques/tournaments can learn ALOT from these guys.

This.

Dreamhack and GSL production values are just far and away beyond almost every other tournament out there. Excellent casting, hosting, streaming, etc. Very enjoyable viewing experience.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 04:25:30
April 15 2011 04:19 GMT
#12238
I didn't watch the dreamhack and accidently clicked into this thread so I'm making comments on the last few pages. I think you guys should respect the others' opinions as much as you respect the players' desire to win. If SC2 is going to become an eSport, it needs more than simply who wins/loses. Think of which sports you watch and which you don't (and why). When every other Terran was marine/scv rushing for 5 min games in GSL 3, I stopped watching GSL for a while. And guess what, it turned out I wasn't alone. The viewership of GSL dropped drastically and there was even a concern whether SC2 is dying in Korea. GSL, hot on the heels, changed the maps and made adjustment on existing maps, and Code A/B prelims were all played on macro maps for the following seasons.

Sure the players play to win, but the viewers tune in and pay for entertainment. If games stop being entertaining SC2 will simply die as an eSport. (And it's one of the biggest reasons I care about the balance, despite that I don't have any vested interest in who wins what)
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 15 2011 04:44 GMT
#12239
awwwwwww shit. White Ra you were close
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
DeathPengu
Profile Joined January 2011
Taiwan137 Posts
April 15 2011 05:03 GMT
#12240
On April 15 2011 13:19 usethis2 wrote:
I didn't watch the dreamhack and accidently clicked into this thread so I'm making comments on the last few pages. I think you guys should respect the others' opinions as much as you respect the players' desire to win. If SC2 is going to become an eSport, it needs more than simply who wins/loses. Think of which sports you watch and which you don't (and why). When every other Terran was marine/scv rushing for 5 min games in GSL 3, I stopped watching GSL for a while. And guess what, it turned out I wasn't alone. The viewership of GSL dropped drastically and there was even a concern whether SC2 is dying in Korea. GSL, hot on the heels, changed the maps and made adjustment on existing maps, and Code A/B prelims were all played on macro maps for the following seasons.

Sure the players play to win, but the viewers tune in and pay for entertainment. If games stop being entertaining SC2 will simply die as an eSport. (And it's one of the biggest reasons I care about the balance, despite that I don't have any vested interest in who wins what)


If a player cheese in every game, of course I would be upset. But I'm also very glad to see the other players find a way to counter it with his macro, strategy, or godly micro. So I ketp watching GSL, and I think it didn't let me down.

IMO, I think if the match tend to be cheesy, no matter you're the underdog or not, then BLIZZARD should work. And maybe a new map pool gonna help, too. But the players should ALWAYS try their best to win. As you can see, the underdogs tend to cheese because they know they don't have good chance to win in micro/macro. To me, that is also the evidence they tried their very hard to win. "I know I'm not as good as you, but I'm a PRO, I'm here to win." And if you are the superior one, you should block it rightly, and kill him with no mercy.

(About cheese:
All protoss player will block his door in PvZ now. It can defend fast zerglings scout and even turn to block 6D. It's a very mature strategy that it seems like it's a common sense now. Everyone will agreen that SC2 is a new game. I treat every cheese as a challenge to all players. Without them, the game will not go forward.)
Prev 1 610 611 612 613 614 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft276
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft276
ViBE145
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1825
Artosis 620
Shuttle 544
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever701
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5649
Other Games
summit1g7867
shahzam597
JimRising 545
C9.Mang0208
Maynarde125
ArmadaUGS72
Trikslyr48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen130
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 45m
Stellar Fest
12h 45m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.