• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:21
CEST 04:21
KST 11:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8325 users

[GSL WC] Ro16 day 1 - Page 171

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 186 Next
Xkalibert
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1404 Posts
March 30 2011 13:17 GMT
#3401
On March 30 2011 21:43 UpHeaVaL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 21:27 Pyo wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:10 Seronei wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:09 Blaz3k wrote:
Why is there an American flag? There are no American players in this tournament o.O
And Germany too rofl

I'm guessing they made that video before the qualification was done and there were Germans / Americans in it.



Pretty sure TT1 and Huk are American, both from the state of Canada iirc.



If it was a state, than more than 2% of Americans would know where it is...


Yah, they would go to their bathroom and point it on top of their toilet for Canada
oGsTheStD
Profile Joined February 2011
United States32 Posts
March 30 2011 13:18 GMT
#3402
I've noticed the general trend of game recommendations being that if a foreigner beats a korean, it will have more recommendations.

Is this because of a team World bias (I mean, it IS teamliquid.net) or because the games are exciting from the underdog status of westerners?
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
March 30 2011 13:19 GMT
#3403
On March 30 2011 22:13 WafflesX3 wrote:
Can someone explain what hold positions mean? I missed the GSL WC today

Huk left his stalkers on hold position while a single sieged tank shot them... 3-4 x. No reaction at all.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
March 30 2011 13:20 GMT
#3404
On March 30 2011 22:18 oGsTheStD wrote:
I've noticed the general trend of game recommendations being that if a foreigner beats a korean, it will have more recommendations.

Is this because of a team World bias (I mean, it IS teamliquid.net) or because the games are exciting from the underdog status of westerners?


Most likely a little of both. It's also due to the fact that foreigners tend not to be so standard in their gameplay. So them winning means the risk worked, and people like seeing risky plays work.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
March 30 2011 13:20 GMT
#3405
On March 30 2011 22:18 oGsTheStD wrote:
I've noticed the general trend of game recommendations being that if a foreigner beats a korean, it will have more recommendations.

Is this because of a team World bias (I mean, it IS teamliquid.net) or because the games are exciting from the underdog status of westerners?


both and usually because koreans are more practiced and play "solidly" whereas westerners are more creative (?) Also perhaps a lot of the viewers usually only watch GOM thinking it is the best players so new/different styles from the people currently watching gom (?)
Jaedong :3
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 30 2011 13:21 GMT
#3406
On March 30 2011 22:12 HuHEN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 22:04 silentsaint wrote:
On March 30 2011 22:02 Tschis wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:55 Maaku wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:32 Leviance wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:14 blAke139 wrote:
to the HuK mocking:

I just don't get you people. Bullying HuK for losing to MVP. Always mocking HuK just for something he said months ago. What about you start remembering good and honest things he did and does. He actually wrote on his facebook wall like 15 minutes ago:

Sorry everyone, I really don't know what else to say ...

Tell me about another pro who is actually apologizing to his fans when not playing as well as he could. I'm not a fanboy, I just don't get the mocking.

And oh yeah.
GO DIMAGA!!!


Lots of players apologize to fans in interviews after bad performances... HuK never gives credit to opponents when he loses, always talks about himself and how good he is, just not very likeable. There is a different between months ago and weeks ago. But he's always full of himself.

And due to the fact he can't even support his arrogant behaviour with results despite practising in korea, he gets lots of people mocking him.

When idra does it tho everyone loves him for it.


IdrA has showed credit to better players before, in many interviews.

He might trashtalk against some players, but fans mainly like it when the other player is obviously worse than him, but still manages to win a series of games.

//tx


Thats true. I enjoy his opinion a lot if he is on state-of-the-game. He never holds his opinion back in fear someone might not like it.


Hes spent so much time convincing everyone that zerg is unplayable, that it gives him and thousands of ladder zergs the right to:
Show absolutely no respect for the skill of their oppponents,
immediately assume because they are zerg that they have outplayed their opponent,
and
blame any losses on imbalance.

Yeah, I am a somewhat IdrA fan. But stating that zerg is unplayable is a joke.

When I play custom and I see that my opponent is gold or lower I always switch races. A couple days ago there was a bronze zerg complaining about imbalance. He told me that Terran was OP and when I told him that on his level the game was perfectly balanced, he referred to IdrA...

Zerg vs Terran is in a good state now. We see Dimaga his style, We have July his style. Both work.

Zerg vs Protoss was never a real problem. Except on bad maps like Jungle Basin. Even in the finals I had this feeling that July made wrong decision.
IdrA vs Cruncher same thing. Idra went for 6 more drones when Cruncher started moving out, and then he wanted to stepmicro some roaches but got trapped by some impressive forcefields. Those together were 11 roaches he trew away before the fight started.

Zerg might be a bit weaker. I don't know. Playing zerg doesn't forgive making mistakes. But it can be cruel to play against as well. (Morrow vs Jinro)
I had a good night of sleep.
Eulert
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway67 Posts
March 30 2011 13:21 GMT
#3407
On March 30 2011 22:13 Raygun wrote:
I think that was the first time I've seen some fine aged cheese in the GSL since Choya double proxy gated in his teammates base. I was laughing the whole time and fist pumping when it actually worked. Cheese like that makes the game awesome at times. It's only when you see it over and over again that it gets boring. A lot of times people call things cheese, even after it becomes sort of normal. Has a Zerg ever pulled all of his drones before in the GSL?

After that game, Dimaga won a straight up macro game versus a guy that seemed invincible in ZvZ. What an awesome series. It's one I'll remember for a long time.

edit: How happy Dimaga was afterwards just made it so much better. I love this guy so much more now!


Idra sixpooled Jinro in GSL Jan(?) and brought all his drones.

July sixpooled in the semis in the GSL march, but don't remember if he brought his drones.
LIKE A BOSS
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
March 30 2011 13:21 GMT
#3408
On March 30 2011 22:18 oGsTheStD wrote:
I've noticed the general trend of game recommendations being that if a foreigner beats a korean, it will have more recommendations.

Is this because of a team World bias (I mean, it IS teamliquid.net) or because the games are exciting from the underdog status of westerners?


I honestly thought Dimaga wouldn't be able to win in a bo3 against Nestea, and his insane ZvZ win ratio makes the series even more exciting.
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
March 30 2011 13:21 GMT
#3409
What I wrote yesterday:


On March 29 2011 20:49 Jotoco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2011 20:47 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I figured it'd be MVP. This way, even if MVP loses (unlikely, because it's MVP), Dimaga should be more tired in the ace match against *the* best ZvZ player in the world... NesTea. Very smart coaching play by Cella.



If it comes down to Dimaga Vs Nestea I am 100% sure the BEST ZvZ'er will be playing. Not sure which one of then it is, though. I think Dimaga have a really good shot at Nestea.

Domination
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1177 Posts
March 30 2011 13:22 GMT
#3410
LOL someone posted this photo of Dimaga on playxp. NSFW if your employer dislikes bigass beer mugs

http://i.imgur.com/NFnYT.jpg

Bonus points for incontrol looking drunk as fuck in the background. Also it disturbs me a little that I recognize Machine solely from the haircut.
Xkalibert
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1404 Posts
March 30 2011 13:24 GMT
#3411
On March 30 2011 22:22 Domination wrote:
LOL someone posted this photo of Dimaga on playxp. NSFW if your employer dislikes bigass beer mugs

http://i.imgur.com/NFnYT.jpg

Bonus points for incontrol looking drunk as fuck in the background. Also it disturbs me a little that I recognize Machine solely from the haircut.


that was me posted on playxp, i foudn it on reddit starcraft.
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
March 30 2011 13:24 GMT
#3412
Hehe I see greg and chill as well.
bks
Profile Joined October 2010
Ukraine62 Posts
March 30 2011 13:25 GMT
#3413
On March 30 2011 22:21 Eulert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 22:13 Raygun wrote:
I think that was the first time I've seen some fine aged cheese in the GSL since Choya double proxy gated in his teammates base. I was laughing the whole time and fist pumping when it actually worked. Cheese like that makes the game awesome at times. It's only when you see it over and over again that it gets boring. A lot of times people call things cheese, even after it becomes sort of normal. Has a Zerg ever pulled all of his drones before in the GSL?

After that game, Dimaga won a straight up macro game versus a guy that seemed invincible in ZvZ. What an awesome series. It's one I'll remember for a long time.

edit: How happy Dimaga was afterwards just made it so much better. I love this guy so much more now!


Idra sixpooled Jinro in GSL Jan(?) and brought all his drones.

July sixpooled in the semis in the GSL march, but don't remember if he brought his drones.


Also there were 2 cannon rushes in MC vs San series.
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
March 30 2011 13:25 GMT
#3414
Dimaga has always had one of the best zvz's in the world since beta. Still, what a feat of strength being the first person to beat nestea in zvz. He's gonna have a very hard time vs san though. His pvz is by far his weakest matchup and san's pvz is solid, creative and very dangerous. I'd actually be more surprised if Dimaga could beat San.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Prostak
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland192 Posts
March 30 2011 13:26 GMT
#3415
On March 30 2011 22:18 oGsTheStD wrote:
I've noticed the general trend of game recommendations being that if a foreigner beats a korean, it will have more recommendations.

Is this because of a team World bias (I mean, it IS teamliquid.net) or because the games are exciting from the underdog status of westerners?




Maybe, everyone expect koreans to own as in sc1. Now we can compare.
Games huk - mvp was worst in gsl history.
Dimaga and July games were very good. Whitera lost 2x in 4gate vs 2 gate so boring and bad.
♥ EmpireHappy, roxkisBratOK, imbaFXOStrelok EmpireNerchio, MǂStephano, mTwDIMAGA dignitasNaniwa, aTnSocke, DuckloadRa ♥
Geolich
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia375 Posts
March 30 2011 13:26 GMT
#3416
On March 30 2011 22:13 WafflesX3 wrote:
Can someone explain what hold positions mean? I missed the GSL WC today

HuK basically left a group of stalkers within siege range on Hold Position. One tank killed like 3? of them over a few shots. Was fairly lol.
MarineKingPrime!
Raygun
Profile Joined August 2010
348 Posts
March 30 2011 13:26 GMT
#3417
On March 30 2011 22:21 Eulert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 22:13 Raygun wrote:
I think that was the first time I've seen some fine aged cheese in the GSL since Choya double proxy gated in his teammates base. I was laughing the whole time and fist pumping when it actually worked. Cheese like that makes the game awesome at times. It's only when you see it over and over again that it gets boring. A lot of times people call things cheese, even after it becomes sort of normal. Has a Zerg ever pulled all of his drones before in the GSL?

After that game, Dimaga won a straight up macro game versus a guy that seemed invincible in ZvZ. What an awesome series. It's one I'll remember for a long time.

edit: How happy Dimaga was afterwards just made it so much better. I love this guy so much more now!


Idra sixpooled Jinro in GSL Jan(?) and brought all his drones.

July sixpooled in the semis in the GSL march, but don't remember if he brought his drones.


Ah yeah, I forgot about that Idra match. Probably because he lost. This one just seemed so much cooler because of the Spine and that it was ZvZ vs a guy that never seemed challenged in that match up. Thanks for the correction though.
HuHEN
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom514 Posts
March 30 2011 13:26 GMT
#3418
On March 30 2011 22:21 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 22:12 HuHEN wrote:
On March 30 2011 22:04 silentsaint wrote:
On March 30 2011 22:02 Tschis wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:55 Maaku wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:32 Leviance wrote:
On March 30 2011 21:14 blAke139 wrote:
to the HuK mocking:

I just don't get you people. Bullying HuK for losing to MVP. Always mocking HuK just for something he said months ago. What about you start remembering good and honest things he did and does. He actually wrote on his facebook wall like 15 minutes ago:

Sorry everyone, I really don't know what else to say ...

Tell me about another pro who is actually apologizing to his fans when not playing as well as he could. I'm not a fanboy, I just don't get the mocking.

And oh yeah.
GO DIMAGA!!!


Lots of players apologize to fans in interviews after bad performances... HuK never gives credit to opponents when he loses, always talks about himself and how good he is, just not very likeable. There is a different between months ago and weeks ago. But he's always full of himself.

And due to the fact he can't even support his arrogant behaviour with results despite practising in korea, he gets lots of people mocking him.

When idra does it tho everyone loves him for it.


IdrA has showed credit to better players before, in many interviews.

He might trashtalk against some players, but fans mainly like it when the other player is obviously worse than him, but still manages to win a series of games.

//tx


Thats true. I enjoy his opinion a lot if he is on state-of-the-game. He never holds his opinion back in fear someone might not like it.


Hes spent so much time convincing everyone that zerg is unplayable, that it gives him and thousands of ladder zergs the right to:
Show absolutely no respect for the skill of their oppponents,
immediately assume because they are zerg that they have outplayed their opponent,
and
blame any losses on imbalance.

Yeah, I am a somewhat IdrA fan. But stating that zerg is unplayable is a joke.

When I play custom and I see that my opponent is gold or lower I always switch races. A couple days ago there was a bronze zerg complaining about imbalance. He told me that Terran was OP and when I told him that on his level the game was perfectly balanced, he referred to IdrA...

Zerg vs Terran is in a good state now. We see Dimaga his style, We have July his style. Both work.

Zerg vs Protoss was never a real problem. Except on bad maps like Jungle Basin. Even in the finals I had this feeling that July made wrong decision.
IdrA vs Cruncher same thing. Idra went for 6 more drones when Cruncher started moving out, and then he wanted to stepmicro some roaches but got trapped by some impressive forcefields. Those together were 11 roaches he trew away before the fight started.

Zerg might be a bit weaker. I don't know. Playing zerg doesn't forgive making mistakes. But it can be cruel to play against as well. (Morrow vs Jinro)


As a master league toss player, I feel that PvZ has been toss favored lately (I think part of the reason is the prevalence of defensive roach/hydra play, which just isnt that strong) but I cant believe the hate and arrogance I get from zergs, its literally impossible for them to imagine that MAYBE its possible that they can be outplayed and MAYBE its possible that they make mistakes.
gnutz
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany666 Posts
March 30 2011 13:26 GMT
#3419
Dimaga shouldn't stay/go to Korea. He is too good for that, we need him in europe

But where did he learn to ZvZ? I thought we have not enough Zergs in Europe?

Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
March 30 2011 13:28 GMT
#3420
On March 30 2011 22:25 bks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 22:21 Eulert wrote:
On March 30 2011 22:13 Raygun wrote:
I think that was the first time I've seen some fine aged cheese in the GSL since Choya double proxy gated in his teammates base. I was laughing the whole time and fist pumping when it actually worked. Cheese like that makes the game awesome at times. It's only when you see it over and over again that it gets boring. A lot of times people call things cheese, even after it becomes sort of normal. Has a Zerg ever pulled all of his drones before in the GSL?

After that game, Dimaga won a straight up macro game versus a guy that seemed invincible in ZvZ. What an awesome series. It's one I'll remember for a long time.

edit: How happy Dimaga was afterwards just made it so much better. I love this guy so much more now!


Idra sixpooled Jinro in GSL Jan(?) and brought all his drones.

July sixpooled in the semis in the GSL march, but don't remember if he brought his drones.


Also there were 2 cannon rushes in MC vs San series.

July did not pull drones in that game.
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 186 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech166
RuFF_SC2 138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18320
Rain 1576
GuemChi 905
sorry 53
NaDa 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever456
NeuroSwarm205
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 443
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox969
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g7385
JimRising 557
WinterStarcraft516
C9.Mang0165
ViBE135
ZombieGrub14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick849
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 179
• davetesta39
• Letter143
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt236
Other Games
• Scarra962
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 39m
INu's Battles
8h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 39m
OSC
19h 54m
Replay Cast
20h 39m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.