• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:57
CEST 01:57
KST 08:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8978 users

The Minerva Invictus Tournament - Page 43

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 60 Next
mrlie3
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada350 Posts
August 20 2010 22:41 GMT
#841
O wow, tournament runs till 5AM for eastern? That seems a bit difficult for people to be awake...
Crimson @ Clan CORE | ESFI World Translator
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
August 20 2010 22:41 GMT
#842
On August 21 2010 07:36 Catreina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 07:24 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
I can tell you've never really run anything large scale before, which is why I question your judgment in running a 512 person tournament your first time out (you being Catreina, not Tesla). It seems you got a little overzealous here, and I wish you the best, but I'm telling you now - be prepared for the worst.



Just as a point of fact - I ran the Oracle League (a Heroes of Might and Magic tournament website) with over 2000 players at its peak, I have run LAN tournaments, I am a Magic: the Gathering judge in New England, and have been a part of MUCH larger than 500 player tournaments in the past, online and offline. Your thought that I have "never really run anything large scale before' is intriguing, considering you have absolutely zero knowledge of what I have and have not done outside of Starcraft 2.

I will let Tesla explain the intricacies of race selection during tournaments, and other matters.


My apologies for the assumptions about your past experience. But my point still stands, your rules make no sense for a large scale SC tournament. Taking on 512 players at this point when your tournament is in it's first run seems overzealous, and I can see close to half of the players dropping out very quickly.

Race selection is easy. Send in everything with each registration, and if you have to players where a conflict occurs (i.e, two Zergs who PvZ) they double blind. It's not that hard.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
August 20 2010 22:42 GMT
#843
On August 21 2010 07:24 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 07:14 Catreina wrote:
On August 21 2010 07:11 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
On August 21 2010 07:02 pileopoop wrote:
why is this tournament run from 11pm to 6 AM if its an American tournament?


Seriously, the hell is going on there?



For the both of you - when the tournament was announced it was stated it would be late night to early morning (part of the reason it takes place on a weekend). It is done this way to try and not conflict with other tournaments that may be running.

The time has been on the signup page since the day we announced the tournament. Getting upset about the time now is a bit backwards. If you cant deal with it, dont sign up and dont QQ about it if you did.


I didn't sign up, first of all. I'm asking why? Conflict is unreasonable, imo. If you have players who are signed up for multiple tournaments, usually organizers (erherm: YOU) are flexible to let them schedule accordingly.

A lot of the rules seem overbearing. I dunno how it is in SC2 with racepicking, but if it's anything like BW, you've screwed over a large chunk of players by saying they have to pick one race the entire tournament. A ToS? For a tournament? Why? You reserve the right to not notify players of a rules change? I understand not wanting to e-mail 512 players, but a post with a link in the OP should be sufficient.

I can tell you've never really run anything large scale before, which is why I question your judgment in running a 512 person tournament your first time out (you being Catreina, not Tesla). It seems you got a little overzealous here, and I wish you the best, but I'm telling you now - be prepared for the worst.

Edit: Catreina, take a page out of Tesla's book. When you're organizing a tournament, don't snap at people who ask questions. Other people might get offended, and for something with this many rules in place, you come off in a very unprofessional light.


Well we do our best, please understand that this is one of the largest tournaments being hosted in sc 2 atm. If we can run larger than this in the future - we might look into it. As for the race picking we are using the same rules that are pretty much used in an Official tournament - both sc 1 and sc 2. Many tournaments do not allow race changing. Cause it has an unfair advantage. Then people could research a player for the next day and say "oh, his worst match up is.." and use that against the player. We don't like that. We want to allow a fair game play across the board. So we simply used what we are comfortable with.

Of course it is subject to change, if we feel that many people do not like it. However for this tournament it is as it is. It was posted up there like that, along with rules and disclaimers saying that if you sign up you do agree to all our rules. I should know, I wrote those. XD

As for the ability to not notify players if rules change - We have only changed them once and its listed in the thread. Its really a lot of work. Its more or less there incase we become very busy and are unable to update it. We of course, are going to do our best to notify players if we change something. As a person who studies law, I would find it very unfair to just change rules without notification. Once again that is just there for formality.

As for prepare for this event... Cat and I have pretty much done nothing more than live, breath, eat, drink and sleep this event the last couple weeks. We have done our best to prepare for almost any situation, now the only thing to do is actually host it and pray it all goes smoothly.

As for professionalism, I hope you will give us a bit of a break. We both have been working very very hard. So we are bit tired and exhausted but also excited at the same time. I hope you could understand why our responses might not always be the best.

Do you have any further questions though? If you have some positive feedback for future tournaments, please let us know after tomorrow evening when we finish this one up. Thank you again for stopping by and voicing your concerns.
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
August 20 2010 22:44 GMT
#844
Apparently you missed the part in BW where players chose matchups in advance.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
August 20 2010 22:48 GMT
#845
On August 21 2010 07:44 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Apparently you missed the part in BW where players chose matchups in advance.


Maybe I did but my experience is from as an ICCup Admin. Incase you dont know or understand my knowledge, please allow me to enlighten you off which rules I go off and why (I will simply post what I have done for iccup to show you where I get my knowledge from):

My jobs at ICCup have been as the following: Ladder Admin for Sc 1; Ladder Super Admin for Sc 1; Forum Super Admin for Sc 1; Developers Team/Director's Assistant; English Translator; DotA Head Admin; Adviser/Commentator/Tournament Planner for ICCup Tv; Head Admin for Sc 2 for ICCup and then News for all of ICCup.

Now of course this does not count other things I did, such as learning both Tournament and Counter Abuse team to do things there and assist admins in those and be there for the national tournaments. However never have I see what you are talking about. So my experience is based off what I learned at ICCup.
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
ICCup.Tesla
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States841 Posts
August 20 2010 23:03 GMT
#846
Since there is much confusion allow me to state this now - CHECK INs START AT THE FOLLOWING TIME (SORTED BY TIME ZONE):



* Friday, August 20th & Saturday, August 21st, 2010 in Pacific Standard Time(PST) - CHECK IN STARTS A 7 PM



* Friday, August 20th & Saturday, August 21st, 2010 in Mountain Standard Time(MST) - CHECK IN STARTS AT 8 PM



* Friday, August 20th & Saturday, August 21st, 2010 in Central Standard Time(CST) - CHECK IN STARTS AT 9 PM



* Friday, August 20th & Saturday, August 21st, 2010 in Eastern Standard Time (EST) - CHECK IN STARTS AT 10 PM



* For Saturday, August 21st & Sunday, August 22nd, 2010 ~ (Seoul, Korea) in Korean Standard Time(KST) - CHECK IN STARTS AT 11 AM
@DjTesla ~ CEO of GoSc, GoLoL, GoD3 & GoSmite ~ @The_GoSc ~ @TheGoLoL ~ The greatest glory of man, is not in never falling, but in rising after each time he has fallen.
Fisher
Profile Joined July 2010
United States119 Posts
August 20 2010 23:06 GMT
#847
THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION!!!!! Now that I have your attention this time. How do you start and check in and where do we go? I see nothing in the OP about it. Thank you.
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
August 20 2010 23:07 GMT
#848
What tournaments are you avoiding tonight?
Life is Good.
ShoelessSteve
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada7 Posts
August 20 2010 23:09 GMT
#849
First off I just want to say thanks for all the hard work you all are going putting together this event. I really think listing all the different time zone break downs is great and very helpful!

Now for my question. Do the backup players check in the same time as the regular players?
AllDay_sc2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States7 Posts
August 20 2010 23:19 GMT
#850
are u going to notify the back ups on here when it gets closer to the start time because i have a feeling this thing isnt going to start til like 12 when everything gets sorted out.
MorNin
Profile Joined June 2010
United States443 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-20 23:21:50
August 20 2010 23:19 GMT
#851
On August 21 2010 08:06 Fisher wrote:
THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION!!!!! Now that I have your attention this time. How do you start and check in and where do we go? I see nothing in the OP about it. Thank you.


Its in the OP

http://www.justin.tv/catreina (to chat you must have a Justin.TV account

Check in is at 10 PM EST, Just go to the link and Confirm that you are playing. You can also message Catrina In game to check in.

Edit: Direct Link.
Fisher
Profile Joined July 2010
United States119 Posts
August 20 2010 23:22 GMT
#852
thank you kindly. :D I fail at looking apparently.
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-20 23:33:48
August 20 2010 23:29 GMT
#853
I may have gone retarded but I cant seem to find the bracket in the OP or the liquipedia page. Do i have to dig through here to find it or did i just miss it.


Edit: Found it on page 40... Might help to have it in the OP.

http://binarybeast.com/xSC21008012
Grimjim
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-20 23:46:59
August 20 2010 23:30 GMT
#854
Not to be a bother, but are brackets posted anywhere yet?

-Edit- Oh, it's right above me.
I am serious. And my name is Shirley.
Grimjim
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
August 20 2010 23:51 GMT
#855
Aaaaand LZgamer is in my division.

Lol
I am serious. And my name is Shirley.
Catreina
Profile Joined April 2010
United States304 Posts
August 21 2010 00:09 GMT
#856
>> Inkarnate.434 Seed 216.
>> I have to withdraw, emergency here and won't be attending sorry.


replaced with Roman.649



JiSu
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)140 Posts
August 21 2010 00:24 GMT
#857
Can you clarify how we report the winner of each round?

Loser sends you guys an email with replays?
xJaCEx
Profile Joined August 2010
155 Posts
August 21 2010 00:25 GMT
#858
Ya I was kinda wondering about that? Who needs to send replays winner right? And is it ok if I just report/checkin via the email?
First blood is as good as anything.
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
August 21 2010 00:28 GMT
#859
I'm not questioning anyone's ability to run a tournament here, but really, add a summary of the entire 'process' to the OP please.

It's ridiculous that you have to go to page 40 of a 43 page thread to see the bracket, and also climb through all of it to understand how to 'check-in', or report game results, etc. Just add it to the damn OP?
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Catreina
Profile Joined April 2010
United States304 Posts
August 21 2010 00:29 GMT
#860
we need the replays to be sent by the winner, and emailed to minerva@catreina.com

Yes, you can checkin/report via email, but not until 10PM EDT
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9933
Rain 1158
Artosis 569
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift4247
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox648
Mew2King353
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1152
Other Games
summit1g11227
Day[9].tv609
shahzam576
JimRising 551
PiGStarcraft196
C9.Mang0168
ArmadaUGS66
NeuroSwarm60
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv609
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
OSC
3m
CranKy Ducklings7
Stellar Fest
13h 3m
OSC
22h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.