• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:21
CEST 00:21
KST 07:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7966 users

[G] Winning With Ease - Page 21

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
AndersAko
Profile Joined November 2012
Sweden1 Post
November 18 2012 19:05 GMT
#401
Mr Llama, I really like your series, and the focus on not needing excellent micro and Apm. As a bronze player it sure helps when I need to figure out how I should have defended a rush or what-not.

If possible, I would have prefered if you could record record the videos while playing, instead of streaming the replay. Especially for "tactical" videos like defend against 6-pool, it helps to see how you are playing, what you are looking at etc, which is not as easily apparent in the replay. (BTW, that is one of the reasons I like Apollo's tutorials...)

A video I would like too see added, is how to best defend against air in a PvP-situation, where you yourself have gone robo. I struggle if he comes harassing with void rays or carriers against my gateway/robo army, due to lack of mobility, even with significantly better economy.

iCoNz.BoSS
Profile Joined June 2012
United States17 Posts
November 19 2012 07:52 GMT
#402
please can we see a tvp proxy gate - forge -zealot - cannon - cyber core- stalker. they build it all in your base
live life as humble as a peasant, but show pride like youre a king
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
November 19 2012 21:25 GMT
#403
Latest video up

@andersako - glad it's helpful. I may do some videos where I'm following myself in real time in the game, but I find that for my winning with ease series I want to be able to have it in replay so I can show everything (sometimes I miss talking about things when I'm in the game).


www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
November 20 2012 21:58 GMT
#404
On November 20 2012 06:25 MrLlama wrote:
Latest video up

@andersako - glad it's helpful. I may do some videos where I'm following myself in real time in the game, but I find that for my winning with ease series I want to be able to have it in replay so I can show everything (sometimes I miss talking about things when I'm in the game).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhM5VYIwDRE


So you do advise skipping roaches completely in ZvP? This gets you tech faster but are you not weak without those meaty units?
In the swarm we trust
TimENT
Profile Joined November 2012
United States1425 Posts
November 21 2012 06:10 GMT
#405
Thanks for all the Terran videos! I don't know any of these timings, so this was extremely helpful
Barcelona / Arsenal Fan!
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
November 21 2012 19:32 GMT
#406
On November 21 2012 15:10 TimENT wrote:
Thanks for all the Terran videos! I don't know any of these timings, so this was extremely helpful


of course, glad it was helpful

On November 21 2012 06:58 b0ub0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2012 06:25 MrLlama wrote:
Latest video up

@andersako - glad it's helpful. I may do some videos where I'm following myself in real time in the game, but I find that for my winning with ease series I want to be able to have it in replay so I can show everything (sometimes I miss talking about things when I'm in the game).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhM5VYIwDRE


So you do advise skipping roaches completely in ZvP? This gets you tech faster but are you not weak without those meaty units?


I would say it depends on your playstyle. Personally, I'm a big fan of just lings. I like them because you can use them for counterattacks to keep the protosss coming back to his base until you have the tech you desire.

That being said, if you want to be a little more defensive go ahead and grab some meaty roaches for defending with the spines and you'll be fine.
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
November 21 2012 21:06 GMT
#407
I hate roaches. But can you really hold the Sentry/Immo all-in without any roaches?
In the swarm we trust
PETAVER
Profile Joined November 2010
United States9 Posts
November 22 2012 11:54 GMT
#408
Very helpful and cool guide.. thank you
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
November 23 2012 00:24 GMT
#409
On November 22 2012 06:06 b0ub0u wrote:
I hate roaches. But can you really hold the Sentry/Immo all-in without any roaches?


A top level all in (high masters +) probably not, though if you bait enough ffs maybe.

Anything below that and yes. I've beat many low-mid masters immortal sentry all ins with purely lings or ling bane.

That being said, getting a roach warren is good to have so you can produce the roaches as soon as you see him push out (so they pop when he gets there)
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
iKill
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Denmark861 Posts
November 26 2012 20:19 GMT
#410
Name: iKill
Race: Protoss
Match up: PvT
Your Build: 1gate Expand
His Build: Proxy conc shells bunker rush
Specific Map?: No
Comments: Really can't figure out how to deal with this, would love your help
thepuppyassassin: "My god... the deathball's grown wings!"
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-27 21:19:46
November 27 2012 21:19 GMT
#411
On November 27 2012 05:19 iKill wrote:
Name: iKill
Race: Protoss
Match up: PvT
Your Build: 1gate Expand
His Build: Proxy conc shells bunker rush
Specific Map?: No
Comments: Really can't figure out how to deal with this, would love your help


I'm assuming this is a 1 rax proxy and you are scouting the no rax and gas in the main yes?
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
fighter2_40
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States420 Posts
November 27 2012 21:56 GMT
#412
On August 07 2012 05:42 Cyro wrote:
Hm, thats odd. Seems you are right, but my APM with zerg is almost three times the APM i have with protoss, i thought that was because you have more units etc at a lower cost? I play both races pretty aggressively


Protoss usually has 1 or 2 control groups, zerg tends to use more as their units favor multiple attack groups while protoss units do better together. Also, injects + creep spread each are 1 more action. Protoss APM usually spikes when engaging in combat but overall, toss uses the least apm.

MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
November 30 2012 06:14 GMT
#413
On November 28 2012 06:56 fighter2_40 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 05:42 Cyro wrote:
Hm, thats odd. Seems you are right, but my APM with zerg is almost three times the APM i have with protoss, i thought that was because you have more units etc at a lower cost? I play both races pretty aggressively


Protoss usually has 1 or 2 control groups, zerg tends to use more as their units favor multiple attack groups while protoss units do better together. Also, injects + creep spread each are 1 more action. Protoss APM usually spikes when engaging in combat but overall, toss uses the least apm.



I've found protoss generally just needs less apm to accomplish all the necessary tasks. Zerg can always use more apm for positioning flanks, creep spread, injects, etc. Toss has more of a deathball style so there tends to be less actions necessary overall.
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
iKill
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Denmark861 Posts
November 30 2012 08:37 GMT
#414
On November 28 2012 06:19 MrLlama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2012 05:19 iKill wrote:
Name: iKill
Race: Protoss
Match up: PvT
Your Build: 1gate Expand
His Build: Proxy conc shells bunker rush
Specific Map?: No
Comments: Really can't figure out how to deal with this, would love your help


I'm assuming this is a 1 rax proxy and you are scouting the no rax and gas in the main yes?


Yeah, it's purely how to deal with it after scouting it. Even if I scout the rush, I almost always lose simply because I have no idea how to deal with it.
thepuppyassassin: "My god... the deathball's grown wings!"
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
November 30 2012 13:32 GMT
#415
Mr. Llama

Thx, for the video's. Im in bronze and have won over 75% of my games since i used your lessons. But im stuck at the macro part to improve further. After i get my natural, i sometimes slip up (no troop prod or scv production or supply or no new rax). Most of the time i still win, but its irritating that i'm not on your suggested timings.

Im guessing its my APM in combination with the hotkeys and controlgroups that isnt good enough yet too match your timings and supply. Is it possible u show us how you use your hotkeys and controlgroups for the standard terran build (for noobs)?

thx!
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
December 01 2012 07:51 GMT
#416
On November 30 2012 22:32 govie wrote:
Mr. Llama

Thx, for the video's. Im in bronze and have won over 75% of my games since i used your lessons. But im stuck at the macro part to improve further. After i get my natural, i sometimes slip up (no troop prod or scv production or supply or no new rax). Most of the time i still win, but its irritating that i'm not on your suggested timings.

Im guessing its my APM in combination with the hotkeys and controlgroups that isnt good enough yet too match your timings and supply. Is it possible u show us how you use your hotkeys and controlgroups for the standard terran build (for noobs)?

thx!


Sure that's a great idea. I'll think of some good basic stuff to teach people in videos (hotkeys, builds, basic ideas, etc)
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
December 03 2012 16:21 GMT
#417
On November 23 2012 09:24 MrLlama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2012 06:06 b0ub0u wrote:
I hate roaches. But can you really hold the Sentry/Immo all-in without any roaches?


A top level all in (high masters +) probably not, though if you bait enough ffs maybe.

Anything below that and yes. I've beat many low-mid masters immortal sentry all ins with purely lings or ling bane.

That being said, getting a roach warren is good to have so you can produce the roaches as soon as you see him push out (so they pop when he gets there)


Can you provide any VOD or replay of this working? I have been trying for the last 2 weeks and I am unable to make it work. I am high plat only. It seems my lings even if they get a good surround they don't damage his push enough! He still can get to my third and kill it.

Thanks
In the swarm we trust
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
December 04 2012 05:43 GMT
#418
On December 04 2012 01:21 b0ub0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2012 09:24 MrLlama wrote:
On November 22 2012 06:06 b0ub0u wrote:
I hate roaches. But can you really hold the Sentry/Immo all-in without any roaches?


A top level all in (high masters +) probably not, though if you bait enough ffs maybe.

Anything below that and yes. I've beat many low-mid masters immortal sentry all ins with purely lings or ling bane.

That being said, getting a roach warren is good to have so you can produce the roaches as soon as you see him push out (so they pop when he gets there)


Can you provide any VOD or replay of this working? I have been trying for the last 2 weeks and I am unable to make it work. I am high plat only. It seems my lings even if they get a good surround they don't damage his push enough! He still can get to my third and kill it.

Thanks


I'd say first you should probably take a look at your macro. Make sure you are hitting close to if not above 70 supply at 8:00. If you are not doing this, then you probably won't be able to have enough stuff to defend against the push!

That being said, sure I will try to find a good replay of it working. I'll see what I have
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
all3z
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden23 Posts
December 06 2012 16:22 GMT
#419
Name:AlleZ
Race: Terran
Match up:TvZ
Your Build:Filtersc's bio guide
His Build:Some kind of roaches im not sure what its called though
Specific Map?: Mostly Shakuras plateau
Replay: http://drop.sc/282213
Comments: -
#YOLO
MrLlama
Profile Joined December 2010
United States454 Posts
December 07 2012 07:06 GMT
#420
On December 07 2012 01:22 all3z wrote:
Name:AlleZ
Race: Terran
Match up:TvZ
Your Build:Filtersc's bio guide
His Build:Some kind of roaches im not sure what its called though
Specific Map?: Mostly Shakuras plateau
Replay: http://drop.sc/282213
Comments: -


I'll have to watch the replay. Thanks for submitting it!
www.youtube.com/mrllamasc << Casting & Analysis Videos
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
SpeCial 112
Nathanias 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 436
MaD[AoV]28
910 22
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 536
Counter-Strike
fl0m4843
Fnx 584
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox475
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4019
Other Games
summit1g7311
FrodaN578
C9.Mang0268
Trikslyr28
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV239
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21487
Other Games
• Shiphtur746
• imaqtpie725
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 39m
Patches Events
17h 39m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.