• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:17
CEST 05:17
KST 12:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8384 users

[L][D] Terran Mech: Resources - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32 33 Next All
Toastie.NL
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands232 Posts
July 28 2012 21:24 GMT
#61
Thank you a ton Kollin

When i find those threads, I read them and look the reps and totally forget to put them in this thread lol. Seen GuMiho's games?
EU Random Player - Contact me for anything :-)!
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
July 28 2012 21:28 GMT
#62
On July 29 2012 06:24 Toastie.NL wrote:
Thank you a ton Kollin

When i find those threads, I read them and look the reps and totally forget to put them in this thread lol. Seen GuMiho's games?


Haha XD

Gumiho is a MONSTER seriously. He is just looking so strong. Also me and a friend are working on a 2 base mech all in that MKP does, as well as a more economical focused timing. We'll have a guide up some point in the future :D
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-28 22:43:43
July 28 2012 22:40 GMT
#63
I'm glad to see someone is doing the same thing I do: I go mech all 3 races. I'm high master T and GM P and the most controversial is going TvP mech; however, I find this is my greatest w/l to date....go figure! I typically go gas first into reactor helion production and just raid their mineral line; it throws many toss of guard. Even the ones that see it coming sometimes miss their forcefield and "GG." Then I transition into exand and some banshee harass while producing tanks and full on mech.

I beleive many P these days have completely disregarded mech as being viable, so they are confused of how to counter it much of the time. Much do not practice against this composition so it can sometimes result in a auto-win if Protoss produces too much of one unit (i.e.mass immortal and emp'd to death). I'd be happy to provide some of my replays, but many would criticize my wins are because of a overwhelming amount of probe kills via drop, run-by and banshee harass. But, hey, that's what you have to do with mech!
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
Hemling
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden93 Posts
July 28 2012 23:42 GMT
#64
im playing mech on a diamond account, its fun but not fun enough to ruin my rating on main account =)

stream link
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/246845/1/Hemligt/
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
July 28 2012 23:51 GMT
#65
On July 29 2012 08:42 Hemling wrote:
im playing mech on a diamond account, its fun but not fun enough to ruin my rating on main account =)

stream link


Play it enough, maybe it will supercede your main account.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
Hemling
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden93 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 01:28:09
July 29 2012 01:07 GMT
#66
On July 29 2012 08:51 SirPinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 08:42 Hemling wrote:
im playing mech on a diamond account, its fun but not fun enough to ruin my rating on main account =)

stream link


Play it enough, maybe it will supercede your main account.


that would be awesome but i just cant break through to master going mech imo it ruin the win ratio even though it can work wonders sometimes'

edit* actually im rank 2 diamond atm so i might make it:D
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/246845/1/Hemligt/
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 02:15:49
July 29 2012 02:10 GMT
#67
On July 29 2012 06:04 kollin wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839

This is a nice sky Terran guide by synystr who way back made a guide on using banshees in tvp. It's really good actually especially for people who don't really like that standard tank hellion Viking mix in tvp.


I really don't think that should be included here, that is sky terran, not mech. The two have completely different styles. Just because the units from both tech trees are mechanical does not mean it is "mech". Mech comprises of the styles that utilize mostly Factory units. That's the definition of Mech, since BW. It's as different as bio and mech, and even marine tank is much closer to mech than sky but still very different. If you like to use thor/banshee kinds of mech compositions instead of the tank/hellion kinds, just check out lyyna's guide. That's the composition he goes for.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
July 29 2012 09:05 GMT
#68
On July 29 2012 11:10 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 06:04 kollin wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839

This is a nice sky Terran guide by synystr who way back made a guide on using banshees in tvp. It's really good actually especially for people who don't really like that standard tank hellion Viking mix in tvp.


I really don't think that should be included here, that is sky terran, not mech. The two have completely different styles. Just because the units from both tech trees are mechanical does not mean it is "mech". Mech comprises of the styles that utilize mostly Factory units. That's the definition of Mech, since BW. It's as different as bio and mech, and even marine tank is much closer to mech than sky but still very different. If you like to use thor/banshee kinds of mech compositions instead of the tank/hellion kinds, just check out lyyna's guide. That's the composition he goes for.


I did use Lynna's build for a while. I get your point about it not being "proper" mech, but it's still a very effective style and I think it should be included.
Toastie.NL
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands232 Posts
July 29 2012 09:09 GMT
#69
The Skyterran/ Mech Terran discussion is kind of hard. I tend to agree with Yoshi, but for completions sake I just put it in. If you don't like it, don't read it. I named it after Sky Terran so it should be easy enough to skip if you aren't interested !
EU Random Player - Contact me for anything :-)!
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
July 29 2012 10:36 GMT
#70
youtube.com/watch?v=TGVBbugHFKk

youtube.com/watch?v=OO0gGwP03rU

Games 3 and 4 of the tsl round of 32 match between hyun and major. Really good mech play from major and definitely worth checking out!
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
July 31 2012 00:10 GMT
#71
Illusion is doing mech TvP right now in IPL its game 4
RIP Meatloaf <3
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 00:24:46
July 31 2012 00:23 GMT
#72
Well I don't know if the thread is dead since op was banned, but I'm a high masters terran that primarily uses mech in all three matchups. My stream is twitch.tv/lyrathegreat.

Replays of me: tvp mech
http://drop.sc/226582
http://drop.sc/226589
http://drop.sc/226590
http://drop.sc/226594
http://drop.sc/226595
http://drop.sc/226583 Notable game vs NSHSage in playhem
http://drop.sc/226587
http://drop.sc/226588
http://drop.sc/226591
http://drop.sc/231530 Decent opponent in playhem
http://drop.sc/231533 Decent opponent in playhem
http://drop.sc/231531
http://drop.sc/231531
http://drop.sc/231535

Replay Packs of me:
http://drop.sc/packs/1141 All tvz mech
http://drop.sc/packs/1052 All mus; all mech except ~50% tvps

Some slightly older tvp mech replays of me, might be in the replay pack:
http://drop.sc/197535
http://drop.sc/197536
http://drop.sc/197537
http://drop.sc/197539

Harrier mech tvp in the tsl4 kr qualifier #5 vs killer http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/heyoka/TSL4/TSL4_Q15_KR5_Ro128.zip on daybreak.
Bomber mech tvp vs choya ipl 5 kr regional qualifiers http://gosugamers.net/starcraft2/downloads.php?cat=4&id=655 on daybreak.

The lyyna tvp mech thread linked in op is pretty much the ultimate active source of discussion for tvp mech in general and is a wealth of information and replays (though I've linked all the recent reps in the thread). I recommend following it if you're at all interested in meching tvp.


I can upload more replays (for all matchups) if there's any interest.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
Iron_
Profile Joined April 2010
United States389 Posts
July 31 2012 04:54 GMT
#73
Hey guys, I have been using a 14cc strat in all my matchups for a while now, and instead of going heavy Bio in TvT off of the 14cc I have been experimenting with mech. Has anyone tried this or have reps or vods of this? Any TvT mech play off of a 14CC would be absolutely awesome.
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
July 31 2012 05:51 GMT
#74
15cc into mech is pointless tvt because you have to get a 2nd rax or you'll die to 1rax pressure. The advantage of 15cc over 1rax cc is minerals, and if you have to spend those minerals on a 2nd rax and marines further delaying your gas then you have no advantage.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
July 31 2012 07:53 GMT
#75
I have asked monk if I can become owner of the thread or start a new one, as I think this thread is a really good resource for Terran players and it would be a shame to let it go to waste.
Iron_
Profile Joined April 2010
United States389 Posts
July 31 2012 20:38 GMT
#76
Thanks for the tip Nightmarjoo. Yes I have been going 14cc into 2 rax (like you said, you need the 2 raxes in any scenario otherwise basically anything early kills you). I see what you mean that the second rax could be skipped and thus gaining back that small advantage. Good point. I was then using the 2 raxes as add-on builders, but obviously you can do that with one rax instead. I guess one of the raxes could be used as a scout also, but overall it seems like this is a bad idea for a build.

Kollin, I hope he does transfer it, it is a great thread. What happened to Toastie?
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
July 31 2012 20:45 GMT
#77
what happened to Toastie? >.>

@nightmaro: Thanks for the reps <3 But you don't have any TvT rep ? >..<
@taefoxy
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
July 31 2012 20:52 GMT
#78
Toastie was banned for balance whine + previously banned user.

Is it possible to upload replay packs on drop.sc atm? If so I can upload a lot more mech replays.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
kranten
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands236 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-02 13:23:44
August 02 2012 13:15 GMT
#79
Does anyone have the VOD of a TvT, sjow (I'm not 100% sure it was sjow) vs someone on Ohana, one of them went for 2 base 4 factory mech, the meching player won on 2 bases (I think). Sorry for the vague description, but I'm interested in that game because you never see mech being aggressive.

I think this might be the game I was looking for, but can't check because I'm not a subscriber, could anyone watch the video? http://nasl.tv/Videos/nasl-season-3-w7-d2-sjow-vs-ryung-game-3
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
August 02 2012 16:53 GMT
#80
Nice thread.

I have a question. Since there is no proper mech guide, as far as I know, is going 1 rax fe into 1-1-1 a good idea? My big confusion of mech is the addons....I dont know when to add what addons....the barrack is ready to make an addon, but what? Should I start TL for the factor for early tank for defending? Maybe yes, but after that, I want a reactor for my 2nd fact for hellions right? Then for my 3rd fact, I want another TL? And lastly when do I get reactor for viking production?

And of course, is there a general guide for mech, so that I can at least understand the gamestyle, positioning, understanding, because people say playing mech may mean less micro/apm however it requires decent understanding, strategies, positioning etc.
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft465
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft481
PiGStarcraft465
RuFF_SC2 186
SpeCial 41
PiLiPiLi 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1432
White-Ra 179
Hyuk 47
Noble 35
Bale 31
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 582
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox731
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor645
Other Games
summit1g9848
Coldzera 817
JimRising 470
C9.Mang0324
Sick85
ViBE68
ArmadaUGS42
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick751
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo717
• Stunt215
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 43m
Online Event
7h 43m
FEL
12h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.