• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:15
CEST 09:15
KST 16:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9250 users

[Q] Can cannon rushing really be perfected? - Page 15

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
Ouga
Profile Joined March 2008
Finland645 Posts
May 09 2012 11:18 GMT
#281
As mentioned, on some maps cannon rushes are just impossible. Antiga 3pylon+2cannon inside seems unbeatable, I figured the best players must know how to counter it, so I tried it couple games against top GM tosses in ladder. Well I messed up and lost both times, but after a chat with them they shared my opinion: if you don't get to block it, you can't win it fair. And well, it's not really easy to block either
naastyOne
Profile Joined April 2012
491 Posts
May 09 2012 21:08 GMT
#282
So, the people that can not scout Forge, can not play less greedy, can not just learn to put supply depo/pylon to deny pylon wall of, can not learn to micro ALL your drones, probes, SCVs to surround that probe and deny further cannons/pylons, can not learn to deny assimilators, can not counter-attack, counter-drop, just re-expand after pylons&cannons finish(after all cannons+pylons worth more than just Nexus/CC/hatchery),

are bitching.

Why am i not surprised, at all?
ShaneFeit
Profile Joined August 2011
92 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 22:18:51
May 09 2012 22:13 GMT
#283
I have also been cannon rushed a lot lately and I think I have a 50% win rate, but its getting easier to hold it. If you get to take gases I think you should counter with a 1-1-1 if you only get 1 gas go for marauder marine counter.

Here is a fresh replay from the EU ladder on Antiga where I win with a counter:

http://drop.sc/175691
sWs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States409 Posts
May 09 2012 22:21 GMT
#284
No, in the end they are always able to be stopped. They rely on your opponent messing up, regardless of how good your cannon rush is.

The better the cannon rush, the less mistakes your opponent can make etc, but they are all stoppable.
@swsc2
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
May 09 2012 23:24 GMT
#285
On May 09 2012 20:18 Ouga wrote:
As mentioned, on some maps cannon rushes are just impossible. Antiga 3pylon+2cannon inside seems unbeatable, I figured the best players must know how to counter it, so I tried it couple games against top GM tosses in ladder. Well I messed up and lost both times, but after a chat with them they shared my opinion: if you don't get to block it, you can't win it fair. And well, it's not really easy to block either
I've had 3 of those done to me since it was shown on the Daily (I'm just low Master, not GM). Honestly, apart from blocking that ledge off (which I saw someone do and it worked, but it leaves you vulnerable to too much other stuff), it is insanely hard to stop, especially if you haven't scouted their base in time, which is entirely possible on Antiga. I even grabbed my gas as soon as I saw it but he still managed to win by mineral walking and spamming pylons. I think they should fix that issue and remove that doodad. It gives far too much of advantage to the aggressor. It's too easy to abuse and requires way more skill and almost no mistakes to hold off compared to the minimal effort required to pull it off.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
naastyOne
Profile Joined April 2012
491 Posts
May 09 2012 23:30 GMT
#286
On May 10 2012 08:24 Ben... wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 20:18 Ouga wrote:
As mentioned, on some maps cannon rushes are just impossible. Antiga 3pylon+2cannon inside seems unbeatable, I figured the best players must know how to counter it, so I tried it couple games against top GM tosses in ladder. Well I messed up and lost both times, but after a chat with them they shared my opinion: if you don't get to block it, you can't win it fair. And well, it's not really easy to block either
I've had 3 of those done to me since it was shown on the Daily (I'm just low Master, not GM). Honestly, apart from blocking that ledge off (which I saw someone do and it worked, but it leaves you vulnerable to too much other stuff), it is insanely hard to stop, especially if you haven't scouted their base in time, which is entirely possible on Antiga. I even grabbed my gas as soon as I saw it but he still managed to win by mineral walking and spamming pylons. I think they should fix that issue and remove that doodad. It gives far too much of advantage to the aggressor. It's too easy to abuse and requires way more skill and almost no mistakes to hold off compared to the minimal effort required to pull it off.

Than send more workers to scout? Again failure to scout is your problem.
It is as in ANY build, trade off between safety and economy.
Either you play greedily and accept that you get screwed sometimes, or you play safe.
BreakingBad263
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway24 Posts
March 17 2014 07:15 GMT
#287
I do cannons on every matchup.. follow me if you like that stuff!

User was warned for this post
http://www.twitch.tv/breakingbad263
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 334
Hyuk 204
Hyun 90
Shinee 57
Hm[arnc] 49
ZergMaN 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g9024
WinterStarcraft525
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1647
• Lourlo1005
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 45m
INu's Battles
4h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 45m
Replay Cast
15h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.