• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8573 users

[G] Rushing Relentlessly: A Guide to Zerg vs Zerg - Page 23

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 Next All
Malgent
Profile Joined May 2012
10 Posts
May 20 2012 07:29 GMT
#441
On May 14 2012 10:09 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 23:52 ChaZzza wrote:
I've been getting a bit bored of unholy macro zerg play recently, mainly coz it feels like I'm endlessly defending and once BL do pop my opponent gg's. So this is a nice strat to play with.

I've opened with this style and made it to broodlords! There is a lot of room to read between the lines with a style like this, it's just my own personal preference to be aggressive all game long.


That's precisely what I love about your strategies: they allow for aggressive, fun play, but also allow, if the user wishes, to transition to an economic build at any point. Admittedly not all your builds have this flexibility, but what can you do? Not everything is perfect.

Also, I was wondering, do you possibly have an aggressive Zerg build that finds good use for Infestors? I've seen some of your other guides describing Infestor use, though none seem to have the laid-out format that this build has, for example the opening, mid-game transition, and late-game transition. Infestors are some of my favorite units, and I sometimes find it hard to incorporate them in my aggressive play. Usually it's because I feel that I can't afford to spend my resources on such units, or it's that I feel too pressed to do so. An aggressive build that strongly incorporates (though doesn't necessarily revolve around) the use of Infestors would be amazing. I apologize if you already have a guide for a strategy like this and I missed it somehow.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 15:20:15
May 20 2012 15:18 GMT
#442
On May 20 2012 16:29 Malgent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2012 10:09 TangSC wrote:
On May 11 2012 23:52 ChaZzza wrote:
I've been getting a bit bored of unholy macro zerg play recently, mainly coz it feels like I'm endlessly defending and once BL do pop my opponent gg's. So this is a nice strat to play with.

I've opened with this style and made it to broodlords! There is a lot of room to read between the lines with a style like this, it's just my own personal preference to be aggressive all game long.


That's precisely what I love about your strategies: they allow for aggressive, fun play, but also allow, if the user wishes, to transition to an economic build at any point. Admittedly not all your builds have this flexibility, but what can you do? Not everything is perfect.

Also, I was wondering, do you possibly have an aggressive Zerg build that finds good use for Infestors? I've seen some of your other guides describing Infestor use, though none seem to have the laid-out format that this build has, for example the opening, mid-game transition, and late-game transition. Infestors are some of my favorite units, and I sometimes find it hard to incorporate them in my aggressive play. Usually it's because I feel that I can't afford to spend my resources on such units, or it's that I feel too pressed to do so. An aggressive build that strongly incorporates (though doesn't necessarily revolve around) the use of Infestors would be amazing. I apologize if you already have a guide for a strategy like this and I missed it somehow.

I use 4-6 infestors when I'm going for a maxed-out push against Terran or Zerg, but I haven't written a guide on it. Perhaps I'll do a new guide on the composition I use in late game ZvZ (12-16 hydra, 4-6 infestors, and the rest roaches with +2+2)

EDIT: Also, sometimes I make a TON of zerglings in ZvT (after I reach full 2-base saturation with a 3rd hatchery building) and end up winning with Speedling/Infestor aggression if they overextend their army or lose all their hellions.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Malgent
Profile Joined May 2012
10 Posts
May 20 2012 18:49 GMT
#443
On May 21 2012 00:18 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 16:29 Malgent wrote:
On May 14 2012 10:09 TangSC wrote:
On May 11 2012 23:52 ChaZzza wrote:
I've been getting a bit bored of unholy macro zerg play recently, mainly coz it feels like I'm endlessly defending and once BL do pop my opponent gg's. So this is a nice strat to play with.

I've opened with this style and made it to broodlords! There is a lot of room to read between the lines with a style like this, it's just my own personal preference to be aggressive all game long.


That's precisely what I love about your strategies: they allow for aggressive, fun play, but also allow, if the user wishes, to transition to an economic build at any point. Admittedly not all your builds have this flexibility, but what can you do? Not everything is perfect.

Also, I was wondering, do you possibly have an aggressive Zerg build that finds good use for Infestors? I've seen some of your other guides describing Infestor use, though none seem to have the laid-out format that this build has, for example the opening, mid-game transition, and late-game transition. Infestors are some of my favorite units, and I sometimes find it hard to incorporate them in my aggressive play. Usually it's because I feel that I can't afford to spend my resources on such units, or it's that I feel too pressed to do so. An aggressive build that strongly incorporates (though doesn't necessarily revolve around) the use of Infestors would be amazing. I apologize if you already have a guide for a strategy like this and I missed it somehow.

I use 4-6 infestors when I'm going for a maxed-out push against Terran or Zerg, but I haven't written a guide on it. Perhaps I'll do a new guide on the composition I use in late game ZvZ (12-16 hydra, 4-6 infestors, and the rest roaches with +2+2)

EDIT: Also, sometimes I make a TON of zerglings in ZvT (after I reach full 2-base saturation with a 3rd hatchery building) and end up winning with Speedling/Infestor aggression if they overextend their army or lose all their hellions.


Okay, thanks. Speedling/Infestor Aggression in ZvT sounds like something interesting I could try to experiment with. Certainly it sounds fun~
sertman
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States540 Posts
May 20 2012 21:03 GMT
#444
hi tang,

what is the best response using this build to the 4 queen spine openings gaining popularity after the patch?
Lord Gilgamesh
Profile Joined May 2012
Angola17 Posts
May 20 2012 21:27 GMT
#445
No offense but this thread basically screams, "I'm not gonna macro and I hope to win a victory in the least skilled way possible." Once you get up to higher leagues this is pwned easily and I am very disgruntled that it is recommended.
I am Gilgamesh, Prince of Angola and have a proposition for you. A son of mine has been captured by Angolan rebels and a lucrative offer ...
Malgent
Profile Joined May 2012
10 Posts
May 21 2012 05:22 GMT
#446
On May 21 2012 06:27 Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
No offense but this thread basically screams, "I'm not gonna macro and I hope to win a victory in the least skilled way possible." Once you get up to higher leagues this is pwned easily and I am very disgruntled that it is recommended.


Tang uses this strategy and is in Masters currently and has been in Grandmaster three times, I think. Are there higher leagues I'm unaware of?
BigRedDog
Profile Joined May 2012
461 Posts
May 21 2012 06:37 GMT
#447
On May 21 2012 06:27 Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
No offense but this thread basically screams, "I'm not gonna macro and I hope to win a victory in the least skilled way possible." Once you get up to higher leagues this is pwned easily and I am very disgruntled that it is recommended.


First time posting.

A thread like this is more of different type of meta game you can play. Some people play macro and some play rush (of course, there are lots in between). Each have its pros and its cons.

I don't think a strategy is less skilled just because it is not macro oriented.

When I play, I like to have 2-3 builds in I can play. A macro and a timed play (or rush, or all in, whatever you like to call it). Of course, there's lots of variety in between.

For macro, you play to get the end game lead but you risk getting rush or lose in the early/mid game.
For all-in or rush, you sacrifice the end game and aim to win in early or mid.

There's no right or wrong. It is just your style. That's part of the game, there are risks you have to take for every strategy you make. Besides, it is good to have variety so it keeps your opponent guessing.
Big Red Dog!
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
May 21 2012 13:36 GMT
#448
On May 21 2012 06:03 patzernuk wrote:
hi tang,

what is the best response using this build to the 4 queen spine openings gaining popularity after the patch?

The way the build works out, you have a few options of when you can cut zergling production. I personally prefer cutting at about 42 supply because it allows me to be more aggressive and I always find a way to do something with speedlings. However, if you use the first inject only on lings, it puts you at about 30-31 supply, so you could always go right into drone production there. He'll have the 4 queens and a spine, and will likely produce a few extra sets of lings when he sees the lings streaming across the map - should give you a nice window to drone up while you poke.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
RequiemAe
Profile Joined April 2012
United States15 Posts
July 18 2012 21:14 GMT
#449
Unless you have Code S micro this build loses to banelings every single game. Going into a game you're pretty much praying that they don't go banelings or you can just GG right there.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
July 22 2012 19:11 GMT
#450
On July 19 2012 06:14 RequiemAe wrote:
Unless you have Code S micro this build loses to banelings every single game. Going into a game you're pretty much praying that they don't go banelings or you can just GG right there.

I disagree. Having the superior ling count means you can always engage in ling on ling battles. If you're losing to banelings, then you're either making a big micro mistake (losing all your lings to banelings) or dying to an all-in counter-attack (likely because you're building drones when you don't have enough lings on the field). Worst case scenario, you can spine up your expansion if you suspect he'll baneling bust you.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Ralethon
Profile Joined July 2011
United States141 Posts
July 22 2012 19:37 GMT
#451
On July 23 2012 04:11 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 06:14 RequiemAe wrote:
Unless you have Code S micro this build loses to banelings every single game. Going into a game you're pretty much praying that they don't go banelings or you can just GG right there.

I disagree. Having the superior ling count means you can always engage in ling on ling battles. If you're losing to banelings, then you're either making a big micro mistake (losing all your lings to banelings) or dying to an all-in counter-attack (likely because you're building drones when you don't have enough lings on the field). Worst case scenario, you can spine up your expansion if you suspect he'll baneling bust you.


I think hes refering to defensive banelings couple with other defenses (roch transition/spines) for roaches. And i'd agree i dont think you can reliably do damage without far superior micro. Ling on ling battles shouldnt occur unless he is being agressive aswell. Would be very willing to test this.
Synk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States297 Posts
July 22 2012 19:39 GMT
#452

Unless you have Code S micro this build loses to banelings every single game. Going into a game you're pretty much praying that they don't go banelings or you can just GG right there.


I have a 80% win rate(according to sc2 gears it's actually a little higher) in ZvZ since I started using this build actually(3 or 4 months ago, at 900-1000pt Masters). It's amazing how many zergs think that they just build 2-4 banelings and their opponent shouldn't ever even force the issue. With good micro ( my micro isn't code s for sure ) I usually break anyone who doesn't at least also have 1 or 2 spines as well as 4 banes +( sometimes I break them still if they are really sloppy ). All it takes is 4-6 lings onto the banes and your opponent failing to move command the banes in a half second and you insta win, ZvZ is really stupid like that unfortunately.

Lately I've even stopped droning behind the ling pressure because I checked my win-rate in ZvZ with sc2 gears and saw how ridiculously successful the early ling pressure was at just flat out ending games even with me droning behind it.
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
July 22 2012 19:41 GMT
#453
On July 23 2012 04:37 Ralethon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 04:11 TangSC wrote:
On July 19 2012 06:14 RequiemAe wrote:
Unless you have Code S micro this build loses to banelings every single game. Going into a game you're pretty much praying that they don't go banelings or you can just GG right there.

I disagree. Having the superior ling count means you can always engage in ling on ling battles. If you're losing to banelings, then you're either making a big micro mistake (losing all your lings to banelings) or dying to an all-in counter-attack (likely because you're building drones when you don't have enough lings on the field). Worst case scenario, you can spine up your expansion if you suspect he'll baneling bust you.


I think hes refering to defensive banelings couple with other defenses (roch transition/spines) for roaches. And i'd agree i dont think you can reliably do damage without far superior micro. Ling on ling battles shouldnt occur unless he is being agressive aswell. Would be very willing to test this.

That's a fair point. However, if your opponent is playing that defensive, you at least have complete map control with the ability to poke/prod his expansion. This means you can safely drone up behind it, and since you aren't building banes/roaches early, you should secure an economic lead.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Synk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States297 Posts
July 22 2012 19:53 GMT
#454
I think hes refering to defensive banelings couple with other defenses (roch transition/spines) for roaches. And i'd agree i dont think you can reliably do damage without far superior micro. Ling on ling battles shouldnt occur unless he is being agressive aswell. Would be very willing to test this.


He won't have roaches out when the aggression first hits. If he does he cannot have any banelings, which means his natural is dead. If he try's to defend the natural just keep attacking the furthest side of the natural until he finally comes all they way down the ramp. When he does come down just have 12-16 lings in another control group ready to dart up the ramp ( have them between the natural and the ramp, just outside of range of the roaches ). It's literally not possible to defend the natural if you open roaches and if you open baneling/spine or baneling/slow ling your still going to have a hard time managing saving your natural and guarding the ramp, but I think the defender does have some advantage here. Most people just aren't actually used to controlling the engagements properly I guess, it still amazes me how often I kill people who have 4-6 banes and 2 or 3 spines, and I still kill them with 24 lings+ 12-20 more rallied in 30 sec later or so.
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Zeweig
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden189 Posts
July 22 2012 21:58 GMT
#455
On February 09 2012 08:43 Angel_ wrote:
This actually seems like a good place to ask this:

Why is it that there are only two zerg players I can think of that don't treat thier play as, "I must be as greedy as humanly possible"? Why are there no zerg players that get some drones, and then units, or spend some of thier larva on workers, and some on units, instead of this I SHALL GET 80 DRONES AND THEN MAKE UNITS UNLESS I HAVE TO MAKE UNITS BEFORE HAND? Why are no zerg players just happy at less than 50 for a while and getting more later? And secondly why are there not a lot of zerg players that relentlessly make sure they never have 7 larva at any hatch for more than a few seconds, and just play hyper aggressive all game long. The only one close to that I can think of is....Julyzerg.

And don't answer "Because that's the way that zerg has to play". That's a stupid answer. It's certainly A way to play, but it isn't THE way.


As I see it, you can generalize a playstyle to 2 things: Either you attack the enemy with a superior army/tech/upgrades and hope to hurt him or even beat him, or you defend versus said attack and hope to come out on top because of your advantage in economy/tech/upgrades.

Now, as terran or protoss, you can simply make workers until 80 non-stop, as it won't hurt you that much. Sure, some timings like 4 gate etc. will be delayed, but simply put, you don't lose much on making workers the entire game...

Now, as zerg, you have to choose to make either a worker or an attacking unit. This mechanic forces you to choose between economy and army, and this is the reason for the extreme "DRONES" or "UNITS".

If you make 5 drones (250 minerals), you will boost your economy a lot. If you make 3 drones and 2 roaches (150+150 minerals and 50 gas), you will end up with less economy and 2 useless roaches.

So a general rule of thumb is:

If you are going to attack or defend, make units!

If you can hold and is safe, make drones!

If you can squeeze in a drone here and there, you are fine, but when you want to attack someone, you mass units until the attack is over. Then you transition by making drones again.

To answer your second question: ZvZ is very defensive because: 1. it is really easy to scout! 2. as you are playing against your own race, the one with better economy should win. and 3. Spinecrawlers and queens can shut down so much aggression!

If you watch Mr. Bitters videos "12 weeks with the pros", and watch the episode with Sheth, you will see that Sheth uses the defenders advantage to be able to copy his opponents build (or at least match the attacking units), but because of the traveling time of the attackers, he can get an extra drone or two, and it adds up by the 15 min mark, and he will simply get a lot more army than you, since he now has better economy.

That's why defensive zerg that has perfect scouting and reactions will always win, because they get this slight economy advantage, and it's up to the aggressor to either hide this attack, or fake him out and get another base.

Hope you find this answer satisfactory!

//Zeweig
Commentator for Esports Heaven, covering mainly European and Chinese events. I do observing and writing on the side.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
July 23 2012 14:21 GMT
#456
On July 23 2012 06:58 Zeweig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 08:43 Angel_ wrote:
This actually seems like a good place to ask this:

Why is it that there are only two zerg players I can think of that don't treat thier play as, "I must be as greedy as humanly possible"? Why are there no zerg players that get some drones, and then units, or spend some of thier larva on workers, and some on units, instead of this I SHALL GET 80 DRONES AND THEN MAKE UNITS UNLESS I HAVE TO MAKE UNITS BEFORE HAND? Why are no zerg players just happy at less than 50 for a while and getting more later? And secondly why are there not a lot of zerg players that relentlessly make sure they never have 7 larva at any hatch for more than a few seconds, and just play hyper aggressive all game long. The only one close to that I can think of is....Julyzerg.

And don't answer "Because that's the way that zerg has to play". That's a stupid answer. It's certainly A way to play, but it isn't THE way.


To answer your second question: ZvZ is very defensive because: 1. it is really easy to scout! 2. as you are playing against your own race, the one with better economy should win. and 3. Spinecrawlers and queens can shut down so much aggression!

Some professional players play ZvZ very aggressively. When you go for an early timing, you know exactly when to produce units and when to cut production and go back into drones. Your opponent may overcommit to defenses and actually fall behind (or under-produce defences and lose outright).
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Zeweig
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden189 Posts
July 24 2012 15:57 GMT
#457
On July 23 2012 23:21 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 06:58 Zeweig wrote:
On February 09 2012 08:43 Angel_ wrote:
This actually seems like a good place to ask this:

Why is it that there are only two zerg players I can think of that don't treat thier play as, "I must be as greedy as humanly possible"? Why are there no zerg players that get some drones, and then units, or spend some of thier larva on workers, and some on units, instead of this I SHALL GET 80 DRONES AND THEN MAKE UNITS UNLESS I HAVE TO MAKE UNITS BEFORE HAND? Why are no zerg players just happy at less than 50 for a while and getting more later? And secondly why are there not a lot of zerg players that relentlessly make sure they never have 7 larva at any hatch for more than a few seconds, and just play hyper aggressive all game long. The only one close to that I can think of is....Julyzerg.

And don't answer "Because that's the way that zerg has to play". That's a stupid answer. It's certainly A way to play, but it isn't THE way.


To answer your second question: ZvZ is very defensive because: 1. it is really easy to scout! 2. as you are playing against your own race, the one with better economy should win. and 3. Spinecrawlers and queens can shut down so much aggression!

Some professional players play ZvZ very aggressively. When you go for an early timing, you know exactly when to produce units and when to cut production and go back into drones. Your opponent may overcommit to defenses and actually fall behind (or under-produce defences and lose outright).


This is very true, and I'm not trying to take anything from you or your guide (both are awesome!). What I mean is that, when the defensive (reactive) scouts perfectly, he will come out on top, simply because he gains so many advantages. But if you catch your opponent with his pants down, you can straight out win or cripple him for serious amounts of time. Aggression is amazing when used properly, but if you expect it, it can easily be countered as well
Commentator for Esports Heaven, covering mainly European and Chinese events. I do observing and writing on the side.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
July 24 2012 18:20 GMT
#458
On July 25 2012 00:57 Zeweig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 23:21 TangSC wrote:
On July 23 2012 06:58 Zeweig wrote:
On February 09 2012 08:43 Angel_ wrote:
This actually seems like a good place to ask this:

Why is it that there are only two zerg players I can think of that don't treat thier play as, "I must be as greedy as humanly possible"? Why are there no zerg players that get some drones, and then units, or spend some of thier larva on workers, and some on units, instead of this I SHALL GET 80 DRONES AND THEN MAKE UNITS UNLESS I HAVE TO MAKE UNITS BEFORE HAND? Why are no zerg players just happy at less than 50 for a while and getting more later? And secondly why are there not a lot of zerg players that relentlessly make sure they never have 7 larva at any hatch for more than a few seconds, and just play hyper aggressive all game long. The only one close to that I can think of is....Julyzerg.

And don't answer "Because that's the way that zerg has to play". That's a stupid answer. It's certainly A way to play, but it isn't THE way.


To answer your second question: ZvZ is very defensive because: 1. it is really easy to scout! 2. as you are playing against your own race, the one with better economy should win. and 3. Spinecrawlers and queens can shut down so much aggression!

Some professional players play ZvZ very aggressively. When you go for an early timing, you know exactly when to produce units and when to cut production and go back into drones. Your opponent may overcommit to defenses and actually fall behind (or under-produce defences and lose outright).


This is very true, and I'm not trying to take anything from you or your guide (both are awesome!). What I mean is that, when the defensive (reactive) scouts perfectly, he will come out on top, simply because he gains so many advantages. But if you catch your opponent with his pants down, you can straight out win or cripple him for serious amounts of time. Aggression is amazing when used properly, but if you expect it, it can easily be countered as well

I definitely agree, Defender's Advantage 101. Just want to point that there are some advantages to aggressive play as well
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
basss
Profile Joined July 2012
United States5 Posts
July 26 2012 02:51 GMT
#459
Thanks
ForceEdge
Profile Joined August 2012
Wales1 Post
August 03 2012 00:47 GMT
#460
Thanks alot for this guide TangSC, I have not lost a single ZvZ since I read this guide.
I'm in SPACE!
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1041
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 45
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift3615
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 885
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5892
Other Games
summit1g8599
FrodaN3241
B2W.Neo637
ToD287
KnowMe244
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV270
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• musti20045 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur215
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.