• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:18
CEST 09:18
KST 16:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8756 users

Zerg versus Terran: Everything I know - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
October 30 2011 18:36 GMT
#41
If you can't even win with such a huge advantage, you're actually killing eSports



lmao!

But seriously now. Your guides are fantastic! Great detail, and easy to read! Keep up the amazing work sir!

Chaosvuistje Fighting!
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
October 30 2011 19:03 GMT
#42
Oh and question: When you do your BO opening: 14h 15p, 17g, ect. With only 2 drones, instead of 3, are you hitting some sort of macro gas/min timing with that to be more larve efficient to yield a bit more min at first?
Zjub
Profile Joined August 2011
New Zealand7 Posts
October 30 2011 19:52 GMT
#43
So comprehensive, nice work man!
All men are born free, yet everywhere they are in chains
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
October 30 2011 20:20 GMT
#44
On October 31 2011 04:03 EndOfLine wrote:
Oh and question: When you do your BO opening: 14h 15p, 17g, ect. With only 2 drones, instead of 3, are you hitting some sort of macro gas/min timing with that to be more larve efficient to yield a bit more min at first?


There's no real science behind it, it's just that having one drone in gas will get me too little gas and a delayed speed so I can't really be aggressive with it should I want to. Three drones gets me speed too fast, hence the two drones. Besides, I don't really need 3 drones for quite some time since I tend to go for a +1 melee before starting my lair. If you prefer another hatch first opening, that's the style you should stick to. I just stuck to this one because it is safe for me.
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
October 30 2011 21:19 GMT
#45
On October 31 2011 05:20 Chaosvuistje wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2011 04:03 EndOfLine wrote:
Oh and question: When you do your BO opening: 14h 15p, 17g, ect. With only 2 drones, instead of 3, are you hitting some sort of macro gas/min timing with that to be more larve efficient to yield a bit more min at first?


There's no real science behind it, it's just that having one drone in gas will get me too little gas and a delayed speed so I can't really be aggressive with it should I want to. Three drones gets me speed too fast, hence the two drones. Besides, I don't really need 3 drones for quite some time since I tend to go for a +1 melee before starting my lair. If you prefer another hatch first opening, that's the style you should stick to. I just stuck to this one because it is safe for me.


I was just looking for your scientific rationale, which you gave me :D. Awesome.

Looking at your build, I was just theory crafting what could be better/adaptable for my B/O. (I have not tested it yet, but will) early gas but 2 drones at 17 compared to gas with 3 drones after 18 lord.
I personally like to macro behind an aggressive roach scouting party (and to counter helion expand) So I think im going to see if 14 hatch 15 pool can give the same amount of min/gas faster for such a build compared to 15/16 18.

Sorry, just typing/thinking "outloud." But regardless. well thoughtout guide. :D
Hodges
Profile Joined October 2011
Great Britain3 Posts
October 30 2011 21:42 GMT
#46
What I want to know is why no one ever uses this tactic I thought up and use all the time?

[image loading]
Easytouch1500
Profile Joined July 2011
United States66 Posts
December 08 2011 00:04 GMT
#47
Why do none of these threads have many replies? Your guides are fucking amazing. As a protoss switching to zerg I truly have to commend you
"He sees my 8 stalkers and my giant e-penis, and he's gonna make sentries" -Alejandrisha
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 08:05:27
December 08 2011 08:04 GMT
#48
On December 08 2011 09:04 Easytouch1500 wrote:
Why do none of these threads have many replies? Your guides are fucking amazing. As a protoss switching to zerg I truly have to commend you


[G] threads don't tend to create a lot of discussion unless the content can be questioned or is false. For example the Grandmaster to 6 pool thread gets a lot of replies just because people disagree with it.

That and from my own research my ZvT guide is the least popular ( because I assume its the match up people have the easiest time in ) while ZvZ is way up there, ZvP close behind.

Oh, and Hodges, I've done that tactic a bit after the Leenock games, very fun and awesome :D!
firehand101
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3152 Posts
December 08 2011 08:11 GMT
#49
These are all pretty amazing, great job man!
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.
karnius
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom52 Posts
December 08 2011 09:24 GMT
#50
On October 31 2011 06:42 Hodges wrote:
What I want to know is why no one ever uses this tactic I thought up and use all the time?

[image loading]


I use it a hell of alot, So funny to see a full saturation of works coming and to Press X and see how long it takes the Terran to realize what you've actually done
Very effective and easy to pull off
Like a wet Noodle
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
December 08 2011 09:44 GMT
#51
On October 31 2011 06:42 Hodges wrote:
What I want to know is why no one ever uses this tactic I thought up and use all the time?

[image loading]

Now this is just me overestimating my opponents, but it feels to me like any good terran would scan every expansion they build, especially if they have seen baneling tech.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
December 08 2011 11:19 GMT
#52
On December 08 2011 18:44 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2011 06:42 Hodges wrote:
What I want to know is why no one ever uses this tactic I thought up and use all the time?

[image loading]

Now this is just me overestimating my opponents, but it feels to me like any good terran would scan every expansion they build, especially if they have seen baneling tech.


Not really, some Terrans build a Turret or so but it is good to do in the rare case where the terran transfers like 30 SCV's over to that expansion . It's only slightly risky since you're only risking 100 gas to have a chance at ruining the Terran's economy.
srsrazrsushi
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands28 Posts
December 08 2011 11:44 GMT
#53
Hey dude I don't know who the hell you are but you wrote quite insanely good guides man lol. Speaking as a Dutch zerg myself I am proud to popularize your guides in any way possible. It looks to me like the depth of your guides reach well into high master leagues level, therefore in theory could prove useful for more than 95% of all SC2 zerg players lol. I agree with some other people too, saying why aren't your guides getting more (deserved) attention. Cause not only are people writing 'guides' 24/7 with bad information, they don't look flashy either. Your guides do, I thought it wouldn't be possible for a person to write (1) a good guide and (2) make it look good as well. But you've done it and I must say in the 2 years I've played sc2 and read so many bs I must say this has to be in the top 3 of all guides I saw. Good job and keep it up!
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 264
actioN 246
910 109
ZergMaN 31
Bale 29
NotJumperer 25
yabsab 12
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 556
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King165
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor494
crisheroes181
Other Games
summit1g7764
ceh9434
WinterStarcraft396
Happy300
PiGStarcraft247
Sick229
Livibee172
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream295
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2380
League of Legends
• Stunt526
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 43m
Stellar Fest
5h 43m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.