• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:18
CEST 09:18
KST 16:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8756 users

Zerg versus Terran: Everything I know - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
September 04 2011 16:37 GMT
#21
Big fan of the ZvZ guide, will def read on this soon.

Now get started on a ZvP guide so that I will be UNSTOPPABLE
Zergalicious
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States29 Posts
September 04 2011 16:55 GMT
#22
Absolutely amazing write-up of my favorite match-up!
Find me in-game @ TheBlueBox.520!
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
September 04 2011 17:02 GMT
#23
On September 05 2011 01:30 Asday wrote:
Reading through your guide now, and there're a couple spelling/grammar mistakes that bug me. >:


Last time, TheCrazyOne gave me a full list of typo's. The guide is so vast that I don't really go through it just to fix a couple of lingual mistakes. But if you would be so kind to read the thousands of words to get the typo's, I would be very grateful <3
AtlasJQ
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada138 Posts
September 04 2011 19:25 GMT
#24
On September 05 2011 01:30 Asday wrote:
Reading through your guide now, and there're a couple spelling/grammar mistakes that bug me. >:


English is his second language, his grammar and spelling is phenomenal when taken in context.
An old schooler from Katans Lair and Mavens Haven - | - Fav SC accomplishment: Beating SSamjang in the first i2e2. Yes, that SSamjang. I am old :(
Asday
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom388 Posts
September 04 2011 19:30 GMT
#25
On September 05 2011 04:25 AtlasJQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 01:30 Asday wrote:
Reading through your guide now, and there're a couple spelling/grammar mistakes that bug me. >:


English is his second language, his grammar and spelling is phenomenal when taken in context.

I deeply apologise, I have nothing but respect for those dedicated and intelligent enough to learn a second language.


On September 05 2011 02:02 Chaosvuistje wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 01:30 Asday wrote:
Reading through your guide now, and there're a couple spelling/grammar mistakes that bug me. >:


Last time, TheCrazyOne gave me a full list of typo's. The guide is so vast that I don't really go through it just to fix a couple of lingual mistakes. But if you would be so kind to read the thousands of words to get the typo's, I would be very grateful <3

I shall do so over the next few hours, I apologise for any offense caused.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
September 04 2011 19:36 GMT
#26
On September 05 2011 04:30 Asday wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 04:25 AtlasJQ wrote:
On September 05 2011 01:30 Asday wrote:
Reading through your guide now, and there're a couple spelling/grammar mistakes that bug me. >:


English is his second language, his grammar and spelling is phenomenal when taken in context.

I deeply apologise, I have nothing but respect for those dedicated and intelligent enough to learn a second language.


Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 02:02 Chaosvuistje wrote:
On September 05 2011 01:30 Asday wrote:
Reading through your guide now, and there're a couple spelling/grammar mistakes that bug me. >:


Last time, TheCrazyOne gave me a full list of typo's. The guide is so vast that I don't really go through it just to fix a couple of lingual mistakes. But if you would be so kind to read the thousands of words to get the typo's, I would be very grateful <3

I shall do so over the next few hours, I apologise for any offense caused.


No worries, only 6 puppies were injured and just one passed away. All in all a good day, the pile would have been a lot bigger if I had laddered today and got a lot of vP's .

All jokes aside, no offense was taken. I don't mind people telling me that there are spelling mistakes. Besides, English is hardly a second language for me like any other language would be for a native english speaker. There's tons of english content on the internet and on TV to learn it at an early age. Nevertheless, it never hurts to learn some more. The last 'spellcheck sheet' I was handed taught me a lot
AtlasJQ
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada138 Posts
September 04 2011 19:44 GMT
#27
Lets get back to how awesome these guides are and begging him for a ZvP one!! Highest quality zerg strat content on the web.
An old schooler from Katans Lair and Mavens Haven - | - Fav SC accomplishment: Beating SSamjang in the first i2e2. Yes, that SSamjang. I am old :(
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 20:06:54
September 04 2011 20:06 GMT
#28
Great guide.

I'd like to renforce that when going zergling infestor, it's not all about the infestors, zerglings are actually amazing. It's important to use multiple control groups for flanking, defending drops, and harassing, and when you have a ton of lings there is no excuse not to have them burrowed all over the map for scouting.

Pretty much any 2 base terran push that hits before the 11 minute mark can be held by pure zerglings, as long as you flank and don't overdrone (44 drone 2 base saturation is perfectly safe, you can get away with more). There are a few heavy BFH pushes where you want other units (often ling + queens are enough), but in general, lings have got you covered. Any push that comes after the 11 minute mark you have your infestors, so it's a lot less scary.

I consider it to be basically a free win if the terran does a big timing attack, because they cannot hold onto their third after losing their whole army, and I can double expand. Terran players who keep their army alive and continue expanding turn it into a real game.

Drops aren't too scary when you have your lings in multiple groups and a well-positioned spore crawler at the most vulnerable expansions. Probably the most annoying thing a terran can do against ling infestor is make a viking or two and kill overlords, but you can still spot for drops with lings sometimes, until you regain air control.

Zergling drops are a great tool against a terran who expands passively without throwing away his army.
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
September 04 2011 21:22 GMT
#29
Tsunami of sc2 <3 <3 <3
thegiantirishman
Profile Joined December 2010
United States18 Posts
September 04 2011 22:30 GMT
#30
On September 05 2011 00:53 poorcloud wrote:
This infestor thing will be countered soon enough when terran players start getting 2 - 3 stray banshees to snipe infestors. In fact, i don't even understand why pro terran players don't do this now. Think of it like a mech t v t, the hero banshee wins the day.


Infestors will fungal and or throw infested marines at the banshees, as well as, burrow and such to avoid them. Ghosts, on the other hand, are a pretty nasty counter to infestors.
Swissky
Profile Joined April 2011
Ireland26 Posts
September 04 2011 22:50 GMT
#31
Superb.

I have a hard time remembering even the popular 1 base timings for Terran, so this is super useful.
michaelhasanalias
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)1231 Posts
September 04 2011 23:28 GMT
#32
Your zerg guide is a great resource, and this seems to be just as high quality. Thanks so much for the time you've put into this.
KR NsPMichael.805 | AM Michael.2640 | SEA Michael.523 | 엔에스피 New Star Players
dARThraider
Profile Joined March 2011
3 Posts
September 09 2011 02:50 GMT
#33
Great guide! Currently languishing in the Gold league and ZVT is my worst matchup by far. I kind of knew bits and pieces but your guide brings it all together very clearly. Thanks!
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
September 12 2011 05:10 GMT
#34
Guys, I have just found a real use for /dance other than a cheap humiliation.

Thors that are neural parasited can be /danced, but that is not all. If they are /danced right at the end of the neural parasite, they will dance until the animation is finished regardless of whether or not the Thor is in terrans hands again. Which means the Thor is out of action for a good 4 more seconds for free.

In other news, my ZvP guide is finished up being written. I am collecting images during the next week and I hope it will be up by the end of it. It took up all of my free time this week T_T .
Vond
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Sweden145 Posts
September 12 2011 05:42 GMT
#35
Excellent guide, helps me loads. Thanks!
Lolrior
Profile Joined April 2011
United States26 Posts
September 12 2011 06:40 GMT
#36
On September 12 2011 14:10 Chaosvuistje wrote:
Guys, I have just found a real use for /dance other than a cheap humiliation.

Thors that are neural parasited can be /danced, but that is not all. If they are /danced right at the end of the neural parasite, they will dance until the animation is finished regardless of whether or not the Thor is in terrans hands again. Which means the Thor is out of action for a good 4 more seconds for free.


That's a really awesome finding! I'll have to do that as much as I can before Patch 1.4 comes out, making it impossible to NP Thors. T.T

Screw balance, let's have a /dance party before it's too late.
gl hf gg lol
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
October 30 2011 13:37 GMT
#37
Here's a replay pack of my ZvT style in Season 3, I promised to give it out sooner but stuff came up. Anyway, here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ekr118y6h22rv7a

It features replays with titles about the game itself. Most of them include my Ultralisk-Speedbaneling lategame that I can suggest anyone to give a try. Got 99 problems but a ghost aint one with this kind of lategame army.

Enjoy!
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
October 30 2011 15:39 GMT
#38
any news on the zvp? recently having a lot of trouble dealing with protoss, especially the FFE style, I don't know whether he will commit to an all-in (7 gate or stargate 5 gate etc) or just get a third.
Sometimes even if I see them chrono-ing the upgrades and once I am prepared for his push, he just retreat and expand after that, making me way behind in economy
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
AdrianHealey
Profile Joined January 2011
Belgium480 Posts
October 30 2011 15:45 GMT
#39
Could you make it a pdf file that is easy printable?

If not, no biggy. But that would really help me out.
I love.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
October 30 2011 16:29 GMT
#40
On October 31 2011 00:39 ETisME wrote:
any news on the zvp? recently having a lot of trouble dealing with protoss, especially the FFE style, I don't know whether he will commit to an all-in (7 gate or stargate 5 gate etc) or just get a third.
Sometimes even if I see them chrono-ing the upgrades and once I am prepared for his push, he just retreat and expand after that, making me way behind in economy


I do have a ZvP guide on my site, check it out! It's in the blog section and you just scroll down from there. Although I have recenty been having a lot of trouble versus protoss as well, so take that guide with a grain of salt. I've recently started getting hatch first with speed for zerglings later, then decide on +1 range if the protoss goes gateway expand and +1 carapace if he opens forge and starts upgrading. I get a quick third and macro hatch and most importantly another queen. So I can produce roaches first to hold of any major assault and then just go into wtftoomany ling production, and since you can rack up quite a bit of larvae with 4 queens and 4 hatches... After that I get up a spire and you collect gas while you make zerglings. This is great because it allows me to be aggressive on his third while also allowing me to crush any midgame timing attack hard. If he just turtles I basically instantly saturate my third because of the overload of larvae. And mutalisk + major frontal attacks can cripple a protoss quite effectively.

On October 31 2011 00:45 AdrianHealey wrote:
Could you make it a pdf file that is easy printable?

If not, no biggy. But that would really help me out.


A fine gentlemen on reddit posted such a PDF file in the reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/k4fql/zerg_versus_terran_guide_from_the_guy_that/
Just scroll down or search for pdf, you should see the link almost instantaniously.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 264
actioN 246
910 109
ZergMaN 31
Bale 29
NotJumperer 25
yabsab 12
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 556
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King165
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor494
crisheroes181
Other Games
summit1g7764
ceh9434
WinterStarcraft396
Happy300
PiGStarcraft247
Sick229
Livibee172
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream295
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2380
League of Legends
• Stunt526
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 43m
Stellar Fest
5h 43m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.