• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:47
CEST 02:47
KST 09:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8398 users

[G] StimmedProbe's TvP 1-1-1 All-in/Contain - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
February 02 2012 12:12 GMT
#101
On August 24 2011 18:59 StimmedProbe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 18:51 DaemonX wrote:
On August 24 2011 16:19 StimmedProbe wrote:
On August 24 2011 09:12 MMXMoto-X17 wrote:
This is one of the best Tvp guides I ever read. Very well written to, Nice! I'm only gold but after practicing this build a few times I'm starting to beat platinum and even low diamond protoss. I'm finding this strategy even works vs zerg, or at least the gold/platinum zergs I play vs.

But I have a question, what do I do vs warp prism harass? This protoss dropped 4 zealots in my main as soon as I moved out, and I was forced to retreat and defend. He then did this happened again, etc. I ended up losing the game because he got 2 colosuses out by the time I got to his base.

thanks


If he drops 4 zealots in your main you just take your army + all your base scvs and go kill him. Lift your CC towards your army, and pump out one last round of units from your rax/fact/starport, then lift those too towards your army. If they invest 600 in 4zealots/warp prism they will have much less stuff at home to deal with your push.

With all respect, this is not valid in masters Stimmed. 4-zeal warp prism - or more likely, hidden-pylon-and-he-just-runs-them-over-to-your-ramp-zeals don't invest enough that a good player that isn't losing too much stuff will let you break in suddenly. He can force a base-swap with very little investment indeed sometimes, leaving you in a very uncomfortable position.

The best example I can think of is a protoss that forced a lift-off with zealot warp ins into my main (he had a probe and observer out on the map when I established contain, did a low-ground pylon warp-in), and had a single voidray that took out my Orbital and barracks on-route! I was forced to try and crack him and ended up pushing into 3 colossi which picked off all my marines. I wasn't dead but neither was I mining - nasty game. I'll try and dig up the replay.



Just for reference, I'm in grandmasters =] Anyways at the highest level of play if you waste 600 minerals on an attack that doesn't do much, you will lose. In addition that warp prism eats up robo build time. The first hellion should poke around for these pylons anyways.

I have never had problems with 4 zealot drops with this build. Yes it is extremely annoying to get 4 zealot dropped, but you just simply send all your scvs now instead of just 12-16 of them. It's sorta how in TvZ, if 20+ mutas keep poking your base, you just say 'ok i've had it, and take your whole army and march across the map and force him to come back to defend your push'.

edit: Terran's almost always win base trades btw =]


Well, low econ TvP is the ONE situation I'd even consider basetrading.
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
wilsonusopen
Profile Joined February 2011
9 Posts
February 08 2012 06:29 GMT
#102
why can't i click on any of the spoilers
DaemonX
Profile Joined September 2010
545 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 08:09:14
February 08 2012 08:08 GMT
#103
Fix your browser! They are working fine for me.
lex88
Profile Joined July 2012
China1 Post
July 02 2012 18:06 GMT
#104
Hi players,

Well, I have to say this build is terrific.

I use it against Protoss, and most of the time, I win.

About zerg, I only focus more on banshee, and forget raven, it works well, very well.

Real good build, well done stimmed probe.

Lex
Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_s_patton_2.html#fbYMAdPds2UQSrLP.99
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings57
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 99
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12397
Rain 2121
Artosis 597
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3383
Counter-Strike
taco 127
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox622
Mew2King199
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1027
Other Games
summit1g8853
Day[9].tv673
shahzam632
JimRising 504
PiGStarcraft282
C9.Mang0270
ArmadaUGS62
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv673
• Scarra600
• Shiphtur178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 13m
OSC
21h 13m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.