• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:33
CEST 07:33
KST 14:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8745 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 147

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
Awmaface
Profile Joined June 2011
United States21 Posts
February 11 2012 15:20 GMT
#2921
On February 11 2012 23:47 deathtrance wrote:
When I open with mech, (gas first banshee cloak expand into mech), what's an ideal time to get an engy bay? (and if I've already scouted he's not going banshees)


In what match up? If you are going mech you may not need an ebay at all since all your upgrades are coming from Armory.

In TvT (since you mentioned your opp not going banshee) some of the drop timings happening around the 12 minute Mark if your opp went rax expo variation, or it could drop still around the standard banshee timing on 1 base around the 8 min mark. If you open up cloak Banshee, your Banshee is the scout to sense when (and if) you need an ebay. If you scout a lot of Rax, then no need for ebay, if you scout SP, then you can consider getting an ebay if you are afraid of drops/counter banshees.

In TvZ, Zergs get mutas around the 10-12 min mark, adjust accordingly to the Lair timing.

TvP, pray they didnt open up Gate-Robo-Gate with your opening. DTs can hit around the 7:30 mark, So ebay needs to start around 6:30 in order to have a turret up in time (im assuming thats why you want the ebay in the first place), and getting this fast ebay vs Toss can help hold off any Void ray pushes which also hit around the 7:30 mark (2 vrs).

Come later game, it can be a rule of thumb after you are getting your third, to start making Turret Rings and/or make your 3rd/4th PFs.
awakenx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States341 Posts
February 11 2012 16:08 GMT
#2922
On February 12 2012 00:20 Awmaface wrote:
In what match up? If you are going mech you may not need an ebay at all since all your upgrades are coming from Armory.

In TvT (since you mentioned your opp not going banshee) some of the drop timings happening around the 12 minute Mark if your opp went rax expo variation, or it could drop still around the standard banshee timing on 1 base around the 8 min mark. If you open up cloak Banshee, your Banshee is the scout to sense when (and if) you need an ebay. If you scout a lot of Rax, then no need for ebay, if you scout SP, then you can consider getting an ebay if you are afraid of drops/counter banshees.


Oh wow, how silly of me to not mention the MU xDD

Well, thanks for those timings. I just got manhandled by drops and all my tanks were out of position :[ that game made me a sad panda
WorstMicroNA
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
February 11 2012 16:22 GMT
#2923
On February 12 2012 00:04 Angel_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2012 23:39 StriKeR.superfreunde wrote:
Hi,

WhO can give me an idea of a reaper opening Into... Bio and/or mech?
That would be Really Nice of you!

Thanks


1 rax
1 Gas
orbital
tech lab when rax finishes
2nd command center
reaper on tech lab

move out with 1 reaper, or make 2/3 total

then either add factories and your second Gas and your third and go toward mech
or add more rax and Start getting upgrades and units


Works fine! I like it!

The only harassment unit during mid-game seem to be the helion?! so hellion drops should get the job done, i guess.
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
KenDM
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands206 Posts
February 11 2012 16:46 GMT
#2924
What are your thoughts about this daily:

http://day9.tv/d9d416/

?

It's the TvP 2Rax pressure. So it's a 2 rax, cc, factory, starport.

It seems my cc gets delayed quite a lot because of that reactor on the first rax. I feel quite vulnerable to a 1base all in.
Awmaface
Profile Joined June 2011
United States21 Posts
February 11 2012 19:27 GMT
#2925
On February 12 2012 01:46 KenDM wrote:
What are your thoughts about this daily:

http://day9.tv/d9d416/

?

It's the TvP 2Rax pressure. So it's a 2 rax, cc, factory, starport.

It seems my cc gets delayed quite a lot because of that reactor on the first rax. I feel quite vulnerable to a 1base all in.


He breaks down the old strat of doing the 2 Rax opening. I HIGHLY recommend getting Combat Shield for the exact same reason Day[9] described.

As related to the 1 base all ins, anything related to 4 gate, build bunkers, your mara/marine count should be able to hold it off, and if you built a CC in your base during this, then you are ahead of the Toss economically and should win for the same reasons Day[9] stated (you are teching, he is not and youll be up a base).
For Immortal/Col 1 baseing, Day[9] answers that questions in part 3

Having a delayed CC (as is your concern), you are doing a aggression build, thats kinda the nature of the game ^^ But to be more clear, look at how many units the T has in all the games when the 2 medivacs pop out. In all the games shown, there are basically just enough units to load both medivacs. So if you cut the reactor off the rax, you wont have enough units for the early aggression, or the follow up medivac push.
tUUTZ
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland122 Posts
February 11 2012 19:51 GMT
#2926
How do I not lose?

User was warned for this post
leech33s
Profile Joined February 2012
3 Posts
February 11 2012 20:39 GMT
#2927
Around what time should I be starting my bio upgrades?
Awmaface
Profile Joined June 2011
United States21 Posts
February 11 2012 20:49 GMT
#2928
On February 12 2012 04:51 tUUTZ wrote:
How do I not lose?


You dont play
Awmaface
Profile Joined June 2011
United States21 Posts
February 11 2012 20:50 GMT
#2929
On February 12 2012 05:39 leech33s wrote:
Around what time should I be starting my bio upgrades?


This is a really interesting question, and too open. Give an example of the build/match up you are going to use, and then ask "when should i get upgrades".
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
February 11 2012 21:05 GMT
#2930
On February 12 2012 05:39 leech33s wrote:
Around what time should I be starting my bio upgrades?

Do you mean attack and armor upgrades or stim and combat shield? And what match ups?
Nightshake
Profile Joined November 2010
France412 Posts
February 11 2012 21:35 GMT
#2931
On February 12 2012 05:50 Awmaface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 05:39 leech33s wrote:
Around what time should I be starting my bio upgrades?


This is a really interesting question, and too open. Give an example of the build/match up you are going to use, and then ask "when should i get upgrades".


+1 attack should be started at around the 10min mark, followed up by +2, +1 defense and +1 mech, assuming you play biomech against Zerg for example.
Sianos
Profile Joined April 2011
580 Posts
February 11 2012 22:02 GMT
#2932
It really depends on your build the mu and the situation.

The important thing is, whenever you get an Ebay for whatever reason constantly upgrade your bio with it and follow it up with an second ebay and armory soon.

Some common timings are the 6 Minute mark in TvP and TvT, when you are afraid of either cloack banshees or DTs. Try to start you +1 Attack, when you have build your Ebay to extend the effectiveness of your building/s.

Aggainst Zerg you normaly want an Ebay at arround 10 Minutes aggainst Mutas.

Those 2 are very reactonary examples, but if you want to do an timing attack at like 10 or 11 Minutes, you can aim to have +1 Attack for that attack to make it stronger.

But don´t forget, as soon as you build an ebay constantly reasearch with it and follow it up with an armory an an 2nd Ebay.
leech33s
Profile Joined February 2012
3 Posts
February 12 2012 01:04 GMT
#2933
On February 12 2012 06:35 Nightshake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 05:50 Awmaface wrote:
On February 12 2012 05:39 leech33s wrote:
Around what time should I be starting my bio upgrades?


This is a really interesting question, and too open. Give an example of the build/match up you are going to use, and then ask "when should i get upgrades".


+1 attack should be started at around the 10min mark, followed up by +2, +1 defense and +1 mech, assuming you play biomech against Zerg for example.


Yes I forgot to specify that I was talking about TvZ. I got it now, thanks everyone.
krooked
Profile Joined May 2011
376 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 15:16:08
February 12 2012 05:20 GMT
#2934
iAmJeffReY! Could you perhaps give some insight to my problems here? I'd PM you with this but you might charge me for that lol : P

Question about TvP:

I do the 1rax FE, and on maps like Tal darim I'm constantly getting raped by 4gate with zealot/stalker runby (warpin on high ground) and just regular zealot/stalker runby. How the hell do I stop this? I get my bunker up right after OC finishes (on main cc), but I can't place it right to stop this shit from happening. Too far to the left to stop 4gate warpin on highground = He just runs in my main and rapes everything, and too far right and I can get 4gated. What is the trick here? I'm trying to get into macro games against toss but if it aint cheese its this shit. God damnit.

edit: well fuck me. TvP, shattered temple. I go 1rax Fe into 4 rax, he goes void ray "all in" (durr). I hold it off with ease and push to collect my easy win after dealing with some DT-s. Butno. I just lose. How the hell can I lose to this? Am I really that bad at starcraft that an all in isn't an all in at all, because I'm retarded and can't play this game? He even hit protoss panic button with DT's, which did NO damage. How is it possible to lose in my position? I'm seriously raging atm. Please help me! Obvious mistakes are: Too many marines, floated my expo down later than neccasary, not checking his tech route. Other than that I can't see what I did wrong.

rep http://drop.sc/109467
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 08:20:21
February 12 2012 08:15 GMT
#2935
On February 10 2012 19:43 KimJongChill wrote:
Hey, I'm having trouble identifying and holding one-base protoss attacks. I open standard 1 rax gasless fe and then add on three more rax and make a bunker, but after the toss gets his first stalker out I feel like I don't have much map presence. Should I be building more bunkers at the start? For instance, I scanned a toss around 6 min and saw three warpgates, so I assumed that he was going to expand, but it turns out he had a proxy pylon and was attacking me...Any ideas?


Most important thing I look for is the 2nd gas and a 3rd pylon. First stalker pops ~4:15 and if you don't see a 3rd pylon when your scv dies he is either supply blocked, expanding, or Proxying. 2 gas with no 3rd pylon usually = proxy. I always sack my scouting scv unless I see the nexus go down.

2 gas + a lot of saved chrono with only 2 pylons in base when your scv dies from the stalker usually means 3 gate voidray (proxied) all in.

2 gas + no chrono saved with only 2 pylons in base when your scv dies usually means DT (proxied).

2 gas + no/little chrono saved up with 3 pylons in base usually means gate+robo opening.

2 gas + a lot of saved chrono + a 2nd gateway with 3 pylons in base with no zealot first usually means 3 stalker opening OR that new fangled 4 gate (I don't remember if it was Oz or Hero who started it).

I find it really helpful to check his natural at ~ 6:30. I want to know if his units are still at home and if he has expanded yet. If he hasn't expanded I immediately drop 2 more bunkers for safety's sake.

I never no gas expo vs toss so I don't know how to hold these things with your build. I can tell you that the build I use gets a reaper after 2 marines and 2 marauders. That reaper has saved my butt soooooooo many times and is virtually guaranteed to get a full view of his base converting that scan into a mule. Sacrifices some economy compared to a no gas expand, but the trade off is a lot of good scouting info against 1 base play.

You may have already knew all that but I hope something there helps.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
kranten
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands236 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 14:25:59
February 12 2012 14:24 GMT
#2936
I'm sure this has been asked before, but can't find anything except the guide on how to do it:

How do I scout and stop a 4 gate with warp prism? At what time should I scan?
I was playing on tal'darim, scanned, saw 4 gates and no expansion so added 2 bunkers. Nothing happened so I continued my build, but then a warp prism showed up in my main, dropped a few zealots and warped in a bunch of stuff. He was attacking the front at the same time with a few units too so couldn't just grab everything to kill the stuff in my main.

iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
February 12 2012 15:09 GMT
#2937
On February 12 2012 23:24 kranten wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but can't find anything except the guide on how to do it:

How do I scout and stop a 4 gate with warp prism? At what time should I scan?
I was playing on tal'darim, scanned, saw 4 gates and no expansion so added 2 bunkers. Nothing happened so I continued my build, but then a warp prism showed up in my main, dropped a few zealots and warped in a bunch of stuff. He was attacking the front at the same time with a few units too so couldn't just grab everything to kill the stuff in my main.


http://drop.sc/99179 against a 1.1k masters protoss

There ya go, 4 gate warp prism with immortal drop, and a collsai follow up off 1 base
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
MadeOfPotato
Profile Joined February 2012
United States30 Posts
February 12 2012 16:51 GMT
#2938
Hey guys, NA Terran player here. As far as my upgrades from the tech labs, considering mainly factory and bio unit use, what is a generally good wat to prioritize my tech upgrades? I generally go something like:
(Shells first if playing Protoss) > Shield > (Blue flame here if playing Zerg) > Siege Tech > Stimpack
And then it branches off there based on the matchup. Is this a generally solid tech tree for some basic builds like 3 rax 1 fact, or should I be prioritizing some things over others? Obviously this will differ between the build I'm doing, but the majority of my builds don't require any tech upgrades besides these first anyways.

Sorry if that sounds a little convoluted...
Goku___
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada33 Posts
February 12 2012 17:28 GMT
#2939
What should we do late game vs Zerg if snipe nerf goes through?
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 17:41:18
February 12 2012 17:30 GMT
#2940
On February 13 2012 01:51 MadeOfPotato wrote:
Hey guys, NA Terran player here. As far as my upgrades from the tech labs, considering mainly factory and bio unit use, what is a generally good wat to prioritize my tech upgrades? I generally go something like:
(Shells first if playing Protoss) > Shield > (Blue flame here if playing Zerg) > Siege Tech > Stimpack
And then it branches off there based on the matchup. Is this a generally solid tech tree for some basic builds like 3 rax 1 fact, or should I be prioritizing some things over others? Obviously this will differ between the build I'm doing, but the majority of my builds don't require any tech upgrades besides these first anyways.

Sorry if that sounds a little convoluted...

3 rax 1 fact isn't a standard basic build.

It depends on race, and what opening you are going.

TvT If you go combat first, you're safer against BF/banshees. Stim you can be aggressive earlier. Shells if you proxy marauder, or they iechoic you. For me, I go CS/Stim, no shells unless bio vs mech.

TvP shells first if you go marauders at all. Combat shields if you plan to play defensively, as it helps against 4/5/6/7gate rushes. Stim to line up with medics, or for early pressure is the norm, I'd say. I personally tend to do stim after shells, and shields last, for some reason. I'm also uber aggressive. 2 rax can be aggressive with shells -> shields as well, but that's a reactor rax then TL rax. It's more marine focused, and only makes sense since it's an early timing, you go with the fast upgrade that aids in the major unit in your army at that time.

TvZ I'd say stim first, almost always. Beyond the rare case of a +1/CS marine push. Blue flame is an archaic and unneeded upgrade, unless you are dedicating to mech full. Otherwise, do not get it. It's a 150/150 sink that doesn't pay dividends at all well, as opposed to say, earlier stim.

My personal preference:
TvZ - stim/cs in that order, to press with early elevators and hit before mutas.
TvP shells/shield/stim for passive play or shells/stim/shield for aggression.
TvT CS/stim to faster medics.

On February 13 2012 02:28 Goku___ wrote:
What should we do late game vs Zerg if snipe nerf goes through?

Stop trying to play passive macro games, and actually be aggressive and in their face all game? That's what I do, and I either straight up win, or lose, before massive BL/infestor battles come about.

I'm checking my win rates on SC2gears, mind you this is from leveling accounts from diamond to mid masters on a few, but my main 2 names that I face 1k+ players are 60% 51-34 TvZ, 81% 49-11 TvZ. From there, it's 25-9 73%, 39-15 72%, 30-4 88%

Pros play passive TvZ because they have the micro and macro to do big end game battles, and still stay on macro. They can drop in 2 places, and push with massive marine splits, tank focuses, and snipes and EMPs.

For those of us who can't, learn to be aggressive. Not at all allin, by any means. I take a shit ton of OCs vs Z, usually never ending a TvZ without 3OC. But, I don't go reactor hellion to deny creep into passive 3 base to let them ass rape me late game. I can't beat late game zerg with a high win rate, so I don't let it happen as much as possible. Or, I garner a lead I can't lose without a complete fuck up.
There are pleanty of ways.

iAmJeffReY! Could you perhaps give some insight to my problems here? I'd PM you with this but you might charge me for that lol : P

I don't coach, or charge for help? Just hit me up, I'll answer if I can.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1275
910 109
Hyun 78
NotJumperer 61
Bale 36
Noble 13
Snow 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto454
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King242
Other Games
summit1g7210
Coldzera 724
JimRising 613
WinterStarcraft422
C9.Mang0295
NeuroSwarm132
PiGStarcraft129
ViBE19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 51
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2186
League of Legends
• Rush1079
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt345
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 27m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.