• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8147 users

The Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 294

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 292 293 294 295 296 432 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 13:35:22
July 26 2012 13:35 GMT
#5861
On July 26 2012 21:56 blooblooblahblah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 11:55 etherealfall wrote:
You move a probe there to prevent building of anything. No one really scouts before gateway so if someone does, suspect cheese.


I see people pylon scout quite a lot when they're playing a standard game at master level. I have no idea why, and it seems pretty pointless to me, but people do it and u can never really be sure. I think putting ur pylon in that spot would be the best way to deal with that cannon rush on daybreak. It's kinda like the old xelnaga caverns cannon rush, if u let it get up, it gets very difficult to win.


Yeah same, especially on two player maps. They don't even check for proxies, just send their 9th probe straight to my base. In that case i think you are fine if one of your probes isn't mining, since one if his hasn't been mining for a longer period of time.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Payson
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States394 Posts
July 26 2012 14:11 GMT
#5862
On July 26 2012 22:35 Teoita wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 21:56 blooblooblahblah wrote:
On July 26 2012 11:55 etherealfall wrote:
You move a probe there to prevent building of anything. No one really scouts before gateway so if someone does, suspect cheese.


I see people pylon scout quite a lot when they're playing a standard game at master level. I have no idea why, and it seems pretty pointless to me, but people do it and u can never really be sure. I think putting ur pylon in that spot would be the best way to deal with that cannon rush on daybreak. It's kinda like the old xelnaga caverns cannon rush, if u let it get up, it gets very difficult to win.


Yeah same, especially on two player maps. They don't even check for proxies, just send their 9th probe straight to my base. In that case i think you are fine if one of your probes isn't mining, since one if his hasn't been mining for a longer period of time.


Most players pylon scout on 9 because ladder is filled with so much cheese. Even though gateway scouting is still viable, considering a lot of Blizzard's maps have 4 different spawn locations, sometimes you'll get the last scout and basically be in an auto loss if you're getting cheesed.

I personally gateway scout and even no scout in tournaments and customs, but ladder still pylon scout to try and deny cheese.
dave_
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany15 Posts
July 26 2012 14:14 GMT
#5863
Hey, someone got a BO for 2-base Stalker/Immortal/Sentry ?

only found Zerg threads how to defend this, how to execute it as toss?
Payson
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States394 Posts
July 26 2012 14:24 GMT
#5864
On July 26 2012 23:14 dave_ wrote:
Hey, someone got a BO for 2-base Stalker/Immortal/Sentry ?

only found Zerg threads how to defend this, how to execute it as toss?


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_Immortal_All-In_(vs._Zerg)

There's always a few variations you can try, but that was one of the first styles made.
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 14:36:38
July 26 2012 14:34 GMT
#5865
On July 26 2012 11:18 ZeromuS wrote:
Any tips on dealing with the behind mineral line Cannon rush on daybreak? lost to it 3 times today. It feels like if the pylons get up I lose :x


I was also losing to this for a while (mid masters NA) -- then one time I just decided not to freak out and came up with a decent solution.

Always take your first gas as the one that can't be hit by the 2 pylon cannon rush (right gas on the bottom spawn, left on the top). Make sure your gateway isn't in range of that spot either. If he drops the pylons and you can't get your probes in time to block (if they do it right then you usually won't be able to) then just keep mining and chrono boost a stalker out. Once the cannons finish just start long distance mining from the natural (you should still be mining gas and maybe 1 or 2 mineral patches in your main). Get 2-3 stalkers and you can dps the pylons down from the sides before the nexus dies. from there you can try to counter him but he has probably walled off with cannons so just expand and get a robo + more gates. You shouldn't have lost any probes so you will be quite far ahead.
"See you space cowboy"
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
July 26 2012 15:00 GMT
#5866
On July 26 2012 23:34 Erik.TheRed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 11:18 ZeromuS wrote:
Any tips on dealing with the behind mineral line Cannon rush on daybreak? lost to it 3 times today. It feels like if the pylons get up I lose :x


I was also losing to this for a while (mid masters NA) -- then one time I just decided not to freak out and came up with a decent solution.

Always take your first gas as the one that can't be hit by the 2 pylon cannon rush (right gas on the bottom spawn, left on the top). Make sure your gateway isn't in range of that spot either. If he drops the pylons and you can't get your probes in time to block (if they do it right then you usually won't be able to) then just keep mining and chrono boost a stalker out. Once the cannons finish just start long distance mining from the natural (you should still be mining gas and maybe 1 or 2 mineral patches in your main). Get 2-3 stalkers and you can dps the pylons down from the sides before the nexus dies. from there you can try to counter him but he has probably walled off with cannons so just expand and get a robo + more gates. You shouldn't have lost any probes so you will be quite far ahead.


That works? what if they put more cannons down with a 2nd probe in the mineral line itself?

It seems to me like that relies on them sending one probe and only building one maybe 2 cannons in the small gap on Day break
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
-MoOsE-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States236 Posts
July 26 2012 15:05 GMT
#5867
I'm just wondering what is the better response after beating the 2 rax push from terran. (reactor and tec lab one).
Is it best to go for an immortal push, collosus, templar, or quick 3rd. I never know what to do after I beat it and I feel like a lose because I don't do the right follow up.
The King in the North Fighting
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 15:14:12
July 26 2012 15:11 GMT
#5868
--- Nuked ---
ineversmile
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States583 Posts
July 26 2012 15:17 GMT
#5869
On July 27 2012 00:05 -MoOsE- wrote:
I'm just wondering what is the better response after beating the 2 rax push from terran. (reactor and tec lab one).
Is it best to go for an immortal push, collosus, templar, or quick 3rd. I never know what to do after I beat it and I feel like a lose because I don't do the right follow up.


I think you have a few options.

If you go for the immortal push, you should get a Warp Prism and use a multi-pronged attack. He's going to be low on units because you killed off a bunch of them when he attacked, so drops are always good for those low unit situations. If he pulls all his stuff to the front, you can do damage in the back. If he puts stuff in the back, you can break the front or kill a bunch of SCVs there and go home.

If you decide to go for the Colossus push, that one is usually strong because his tech is probably delayed. However, if he sets up spreads or you hit too late, it can be bad news bears. I generally like the 2 Colossus with range push a lot when I crush an attack and want to counterattack in PvT, since Colossus is my go-to tech path for 2base in the match-up. So long as you have good positioning, it's a solid way to at least trade favorably and then back off with your Colossi and sentries (if you don't out-right break your opponent).

I think getting a fast third is map-dependant. If he moves out a few minutes later, during the drop timing, do you have stuff to defend everywhere? If not, then do you have a Parting-style big attack to keep him in his base? Either have a defense ready or use an attack as defense.

You could also just play pretty standard and tech at home, then take a normal third timing. The 2rax isn't exactly the most economical build in the world, so if you beat it down and keep your expo without losing probes, you're ahead. Taking a third safely is still a good call. I think it's a good plan to scout and check how fast he's planning to expand and what kinds of corners he's cutting to do so--if you sense weakness, go attack. If you see him playing more cautiously because he's aware of potential attacks, you should do something more designed to benefit you over time.
Nostradamus.146@AM, Nostradamus.398@KR, Nostradamus.922@EU http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/ins
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
July 26 2012 21:02 GMT
#5870
1. So, I came to this conclusion today: In PvT and PvZ, your main goal for a macro focused game is to have 3 bases with full saturation, 6-8+ gateways, and access to both templar and colossus tech by 16:00. It's a simple idea, but I feel think it's a pretty comprehensive goal. Is this correct?

2. In PvP, do you stop probe production at 22 probes before you expand? And in general, do you cut probes unless you have a specific, safe expansion timing? For example, if I open with stargate tech and have a delayed expansion, I generally don't have enough minerals to make pheonixes, make probes, make occasional gateway units, AND get an expansion; should I be cutting probes at a certain point and doing things a little more one-at-a-timish?
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 21:11:57
July 26 2012 21:11 GMT
#5871
1. In PvZ you only need one of the two, and then you should make your way to mothership tech (+eventual archons) to counter broodlords. In PvT yeah i guess so.

2. I cut probes at around 30ish whenever i fast expand until i confirm my opponent isn't one basing. If i open stargate i only cut probes if my opponent is gearing up for a 1base blink timing and i need to get an immortal out asap. Specifically for stargate, you can afford to cut gateway units in favour of immortals when you need to defend, and cut phoenixes at 4-5 unless you really need something that either shoots colossi, shoots other air units, or you need to do lots of econ damage. I have seen lots of people go up to 8 or so phoenixes against fast expand builds for that reason.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
July 26 2012 21:18 GMT
#5872
On July 27 2012 06:11 Teoita wrote:
1. In PvZ you only need one of the two, and then you should make your way to mothership tech (+eventual archons) to counter broodlords. In PvT yeah i guess so.


Also I think it's worth mentioning that there's really no reason not to get a few more gates. Even if we all strive for perfect macro...since protoss is so heavily gas-dependent I still see pro-gamers regularly banking minerals. Those could be gates. Adding cannons normally doesn't do much at this point, because if you really needed more cannons then you're probably dead anyways.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
July 26 2012 21:23 GMT
#5873
On July 26 2012 23:11 Payson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 22:35 Teoita wrote:
On July 26 2012 21:56 blooblooblahblah wrote:
On July 26 2012 11:55 etherealfall wrote:
You move a probe there to prevent building of anything. No one really scouts before gateway so if someone does, suspect cheese.


I see people pylon scout quite a lot when they're playing a standard game at master level. I have no idea why, and it seems pretty pointless to me, but people do it and u can never really be sure. I think putting ur pylon in that spot would be the best way to deal with that cannon rush on daybreak. It's kinda like the old xelnaga caverns cannon rush, if u let it get up, it gets very difficult to win.


Yeah same, especially on two player maps. They don't even check for proxies, just send their 9th probe straight to my base. In that case i think you are fine if one of your probes isn't mining, since one if his hasn't been mining for a longer period of time.


Most players pylon scout on 9 because ladder is filled with so much cheese. Even though gateway scouting is still viable, considering a lot of Blizzard's maps have 4 different spawn locations, sometimes you'll get the last scout and basically be in an auto loss if you're getting cheesed.

I personally gateway scout and even no scout in tournaments and customs, but ladder still pylon scout to try and deny cheese.


I just don't feel it's worth it though. You can scout common proxy locations and cannon rush locations and often be okay against them. And if they are just playing standard, u are really just behind for no reason. Not to mention it completely cuts the amounts of builds u can use, a lot of the Startale double gas builds with different amount of workers on each can't even work with a gateway scout, so there is no way they can work with a pylon scout.
Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
iremnant3847
Profile Joined June 2012
Taiwan269 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 01:24:35
July 27 2012 01:16 GMT
#5874
Guys, I need help once again

In PvT, I've been getting mauled by Terran's Marauder push. It usually comes around when I finish my Nexus from a 1Gate F.E. By the time the strike force reaches my natural, I have 3 functional Warpgates and 1 Zealot, 1 Sentry, and 1 Stalker. Normally, I warp in 3 more Zealots and attempt to surround him. However, the Conc. shells allow him to kite all of my units. I feel like warping in Stalkers would only hurt me because Marauders can blast through them. Should I put up a Robo instead of the third warp gate and Chrono out an Immortal instead?

As I've been progressing up the ladder, I realized that more people are becoming aggressive in PvP with a Warp Prism loaded with two Immortals, or 2 Zealots/2 Sentries. It's becoming increasingly hard to fend off the harass. I first thought of putting down a Forge and 2 Cannons behind my mineral line, but decided against it because: 1. Immortals just destroy cannons, 2. The 300~450 minerals can be invested in another Robo or a Colossus. How do you guys respond to such pressure?

When should I get a Forge in PvP? I always forget to get it in this matchup due to the early game (looking to defend 4gate, or any early aggression), then rushing it in the mid-late game once I realize my opponent has +1 weapons already. I thought about getting it once I get double robo, but is that too delayed?

EDIT: sorry sorry one more thing -
What's the advantage of opening with a Gate/Core instead of a Forge F.E? I've never done anything but Forge F.E so I'm very unfamiliar to this opening. I saw Oz do it against Stephano and it looked quite interesting.
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
July 27 2012 01:59 GMT
#5875
On July 27 2012 10:16 vizi wrote:
Guys, I need help once again

In PvT, I've been getting mauled by Terran's Marauder push. It usually comes around when I finish my Nexus from a 1Gate F.E. By the time the strike force reaches my natural, I have 3 functional Warpgates and 1 Zealot, 1 Sentry, and 1 Stalker. Normally, I warp in 3 more Zealots and attempt to surround him. However, the Conc. shells allow him to kite all of my units. I feel like warping in Stalkers would only hurt me because Marauders can blast through them. Should I put up a Robo instead of the third warp gate and Chrono out an Immortal instead?



I've had some experience against this kind of stuff with nexus first builds, etc. You need stalkers ASAP. Once you have the stalkers, you need to just push with zealot/probes. As long as the zealot/probe wall is chasing him, he is forced into kiting while the stalkers do the real damage. I would suggest warping in 2 additional stalkers/1 zealot. It's okay to lose some probes here because you fast expanded and you have the ability to catch up in the worker count. Also, probes are great against marauders, ironically.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 03:39:05
July 27 2012 03:37 GMT
#5876
The advantage of Gate/Core vs FFE is basically a trade-off between aggression or implied aggression versus economy. It usually prevents Z from taking an auto gasless 3rd before ~5.00. There has been quite a lot of debate, recently, regarding the pros and cons of these builds - and that's not including the Yuffie variant which is basically gate/nexus.

There have been a few threads on the pros and cons of gate/core vs ffe. Search and you should be able to find it. If you are keen on gate/core or want to try it out, hardly no-one does the old 3 gate sentry expo but are experimenting with 1 and 2 gate variants. Search for Nony's 2 gate expo or Abstract's 1 gate expo, have a read and have a go. You might also want to have a read of the old 3 gate sentry expo thread which, while probably defunct, does detail some of the thinking behind gate/core expands (i.e. "sharking" the Zerg etc). Good luck!
KT best KT ~ 2014
Stunergy
Profile Joined July 2012
United States41 Posts
July 27 2012 03:51 GMT
#5877
Hey guys, Please help me with my PvZ, I have been struggling lately, and Cant seem to beat Zerg in the late game/or at all anymore.

Replay:
http://drop.sc/229114

Thanks for the help, and you can just message me your positive feedback thanks guys
Dont Make excuses, make Improvements.
Omnibrad
Profile Joined March 2007
United States29 Posts
July 27 2012 04:02 GMT
#5878
On July 27 2012 10:16 vizi wrote:

In PvT, I've been getting mauled by Terran's Marauder push. It usually comes around when I finish my Nexus from a 1Gate F.E. By the time the strike force reaches my natural, I have 3 functional Warpgates and 1 Zealot, 1 Sentry, and 1 Stalker. Normally, I warp in 3 more Zealots and attempt to surround him. However, the Conc. shells allow him to kite all of my units. I feel like warping in Stalkers would only hurt me because Marauders can blast through them. Should I put up a Robo instead of the third warp gate and Chrono out an Immortal instead?


If you see someone going for 1 base play, particularly if you manage to scout Marauders, you should put more emphasis into pumping units early. You should have more than 3 units by the time your Nexus completes...

This day9 video demonstrates a solid opening for PvT:



By 6:00 when Warpgate completes you can have 8 units on the battlefield (3 zealots, 3 senries, 2 stalkers) while maintaining a fluid 1GateFE build. Most of the time you don't need that much, but it's good to at least be aware of what your Gateway is doing before Warpgate finishes. Some early pushes are designed to hit you before 6:00 and Warpgate, but you should still be ok if you're making units and have a couple Sentries among them.

Your best bet at defending early pushes like these is to use Sentries. I prefer a combination of Zealots and Sentries while engaging at the ramp to my natural. If there is no ramp, you can engage in open field too but it's a little tougher and you need to have more accurate micro. Essentially, engage with your Zealots and plant a couple FF behind his Marauders. They cannot kite away when FF are preventing their retreat and Zealots are pinning them in from the other side. Zealots are typically better than Stalkers against early bio aggression if the bio are unable to retreat due to FF.

When should I get a Forge in PvP? I always forget to get it in this matchup due to the early game (looking to defend 4gate, or any early aggression), then rushing it in the mid-late game once I realize my opponent has +1 weapons already. I thought about getting it once I get double robo, but is that too delayed?


It is commonplace when transitioning to Colossus production off 2+ bases to plant a 2nd Robo, Robo Bay, and Forge all at the same time. Research attack upgrades once the Forge is done because it is much stronger than armor upgrades. Armor upgrades are not bad, but keep in mind resources are pretty tight with Chronos on double Robo-Colossus. Oftentimes extra gas is better spent on Archons which provide a tremendous advantage in Colossus wars, not to mention Archons don't benefit from Armor upgrades.
nereme
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom32 Posts
July 27 2012 11:49 GMT
#5879
Hi guys I am a new protoss player sitting in bronze league at the moment and I am stuck there And It is because my macro sucks, I know it and so would you if i had some replays to show you all. I did try improve it by picking 1 BO and sticking to it (I chose FFE into +2 Blink stalker as i really liked it) but it was too hit or miss most of the time for me

I have searched out as much info as I can for improving macro but for protoss there isn't alot I can find i Watched filter's video for terran where he took a very simple idea (just make marines, expand at a set time and don't stop SCV's) and used that to help you learn, Now I might be blind but is it possible for Toss to do the same thing, In taking an expansion at a set time only making 1 unit type for a whole game and still being able to win and accurately praticing macro?

The other thing I am confused by is the opening he used seemed pretty good for all matchups but in ladder matches if I try the same opening and strat in all games I just die badly almost half of the time.

So What I am asking from you are the following couple of questions

a) What are 3 different builds (1 per race) that are fairly simple to use that will allow me to practice my macro properly and still put me on a good foot to win the majority of games.

b) What should I be aiming for before going to attack my opponent as i never really know what I should have etc and usually try and either win or lose

c) How many gates is too many? Late game I usually end up with 15-20 gates if its gone long and Sometimes I feel like its too many as yes it helps me reinforce quicker but after 1 round of warp in's i cant do another one fully cause i cant get the minerals back quickly enough.

Any help from all of you would be great if you want some replays I can upload when I am not busy tomorrow
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/2511690/Nereme
TheExodus
Profile Joined November 2011
293 Posts
July 27 2012 12:23 GMT
#5880
On July 27 2012 20:49 nereme wrote:
Hi guys I am a new protoss player sitting in bronze league at the moment and I am stuck there And It is because my macro sucks, I know it and so would you if i had some replays to show you all. I did try improve it by picking 1 BO and sticking to it (I chose FFE into +2 Blink stalker as i really liked it) but it was too hit or miss most of the time for me

I have searched out as much info as I can for improving macro but for protoss there isn't alot I can find i Watched filter's video for terran where he took a very simple idea (just make marines, expand at a set time and don't stop SCV's) and used that to help you learn, Now I might be blind but is it possible for Toss to do the same thing, In taking an expansion at a set time only making 1 unit type for a whole game and still being able to win and accurately praticing macro?

The other thing I am confused by is the opening he used seemed pretty good for all matchups but in ladder matches if I try the same opening and strat in all games I just die badly almost half of the time.

So What I am asking from you are the following couple of questions

a) What are 3 different builds (1 per race) that are fairly simple to use that will allow me to practice my macro properly and still put me on a good foot to win the majority of games.

b) What should I be aiming for before going to attack my opponent as i never really know what I should have etc and usually try and either win or lose

c) How many gates is too many? Late game I usually end up with 15-20 gates if its gone long and Sometimes I feel like its too many as yes it helps me reinforce quicker but after 1 round of warp in's i cant do another one fully cause i cant get the minerals back quickly enough.

Any help from all of you would be great if you want some replays I can upload when I am not busy tomorrow


To win a lot of games in bronze while practicing macro, just do this:

Get three gates and two assimilators, constantly probes and warp in stalkers. When you have 16 probes on minerals (2 lines when selected), expand. Take 2 assimilators on the expansion, get 4 more gates and 2 forges. Do double upgrades while building probes and stalkers and upgrading and expanding when you reach saturation. When you hit 200/200 attack. You'll win most games as long as you always build probes, don't miss warp cycles and get upgrades.
Prev 1 292 293 294 295 296 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 242
SteadfastSC 148
Nina 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2294
910 61
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD54
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1040
Other Games
summit1g5977
Grubby2295
shahzam584
C9.Mang0184
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 67
• Hupsaiya 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21240
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.