• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8946 users

[G/D] TvP Bio into Mech - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
February 21 2011 19:44 GMT
#61
What is the point of going to bio at all in the first place? To prevent the fast 3rd from the toss? Im not very fond of bio openings tbh, it seems like all the units are pretty much a waste and you are delaying your mech army and filling supply with units that will turn out to be useless.

Having watched quite a few of Goody's replays and from my own experience i feel like he and some of the other mech players out there go too tank heavy which forces them to turtle for quite a long time. Using more hellions seems like a much better solution to me and essentially playing it like BW terran (except added a few thors to tank shots and for killing phoenix)

Hellions beat immortals quite handily and if a person leaves an opening even once you can completely cripple them with your hellion harass.

I have a bunch of replays here PredY that maybe you should check out to see the viabilty of pure mech openings (i posted a few games of my losses to show how I typically lose when I do lose (not that often,I probably win 90% of my tvp's on ladder in the past 2-3 weeks)

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays?filter-hidden-top-player-name=tQSadist&filter-map=

I essentially use the same build all the time but im posting it because it would be nice if we could get a pure mech opening vs toss that was completely solid =) I know phoenix is a counter to hellion harass but even when harass is denied they have had to build phoenix's and hellions are a good unit anyway.

BioMech just seems too weak to me during the transition and you can still die to all the lame stuff bio dies to early-midgame anyway.
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
StormWeapon
Profile Joined July 2010
United States159 Posts
February 21 2011 19:53 GMT
#62
I am very intrigued by this, as a protoss. It seems that once the game gets into late-stage macro, bio balls just cannot compete with a robo/storm army if I can keep T from gaining anything by harass. I have played some interesting games where T stayed bio and added mech as support, but I don't think it was the same strategy as you described here.

I look forward to facing Terrans using these ideas, would be a nice change from hearing constant stims and storms all damn game.
Tyrant Potato
Dommk
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia4865 Posts
February 21 2011 20:02 GMT
#63
I hope more comes of this. As a Protoss, I rarely see Mech Terrans/ Mech switches, so when I do I'm not exactly sure what my army is capable of against theirs, I just build stuff that (in theory) should work well, while it works most of the times, the odd timings some Terrans do catch me off guard.

Colossus->Templar switches are pretty ingrained right now, I know when I should and shouldn't, Templar->Carrier not so much
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
February 21 2011 20:37 GMT
#64
On February 22 2011 04:44 Sadist wrote:
What is the point of going to bio at all in the first place? To prevent the fast 3rd from the toss? Im not very fond of bio openings tbh, it seems like all the units are pretty much a waste and you are delaying your mech army and filling supply with units that will turn out to be useless.

Having watched quite a few of Goody's replays and from my own experience i feel like he and some of the other mech players out there go too tank heavy which forces them to turtle for quite a long time. Using more hellions seems like a much better solution to me and essentially playing it like BW terran (except added a few thors to tank shots and for killing phoenix)

Hellions beat immortals quite handily and if a person leaves an opening even once you can completely cripple them with your hellion harass.

I have a bunch of replays here PredY that maybe you should check out to see the viabilty of pure mech openings (i posted a few games of my losses to show how I typically lose when I do lose (not that often,I probably win 90% of my tvp's on ladder in the past 2-3 weeks)

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays?filter-hidden-top-player-name=tQSadist&filter-map=

I essentially use the same build all the time but im posting it because it would be nice if we could get a pure mech opening vs toss that was completely solid =) I know phoenix is a counter to hellion harass but even when harass is denied they have had to build phoenix's and hellions are a good unit anyway.

BioMech just seems too weak to me during the transition and you can still die to all the lame stuff bio dies to early-midgame anyway.

again, my post wasn't meant to say that it is better than pure mech, or pure bio. i offer it as another option, as i also wrote you shouldn't do it every game to not become predictable. therefore i don't really want to discuss pure mech since it's not connected with my guide

but i like mech, i mech from time to time, and i like the way you do it too (tho the opening could be safer imo since i saw you lost to voidray allin - i mean currently there is NO safe build order since every build has its counters or blind counters, even "my" build is weak to strong 2 base plays), what i personaly don't like about mech is protoss can get a very good map control and with good observer positioning and with watch towers and good building placement almost completely shut down hellions. althought that doesnt completely mean you 100% lose but it hurts you so much. still, there are good maps for pure mech (LT, metal)
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
February 21 2011 20:45 GMT
#65
Wow thanks for sharing... 3700 on Masters right? Holy eff haha

Will take a look at these
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
February 21 2011 20:51 GMT
#66
On February 22 2011 05:37 PredY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 04:44 Sadist wrote:
What is the point of going to bio at all in the first place? To prevent the fast 3rd from the toss? Im not very fond of bio openings tbh, it seems like all the units are pretty much a waste and you are delaying your mech army and filling supply with units that will turn out to be useless.

Having watched quite a few of Goody's replays and from my own experience i feel like he and some of the other mech players out there go too tank heavy which forces them to turtle for quite a long time. Using more hellions seems like a much better solution to me and essentially playing it like BW terran (except added a few thors to tank shots and for killing phoenix)

Hellions beat immortals quite handily and if a person leaves an opening even once you can completely cripple them with your hellion harass.

I have a bunch of replays here PredY that maybe you should check out to see the viabilty of pure mech openings (i posted a few games of my losses to show how I typically lose when I do lose (not that often,I probably win 90% of my tvp's on ladder in the past 2-3 weeks)

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays?filter-hidden-top-player-name=tQSadist&filter-map=

I essentially use the same build all the time but im posting it because it would be nice if we could get a pure mech opening vs toss that was completely solid =) I know phoenix is a counter to hellion harass but even when harass is denied they have had to build phoenix's and hellions are a good unit anyway.

BioMech just seems too weak to me during the transition and you can still die to all the lame stuff bio dies to early-midgame anyway.

again, my post wasn't meant to say that it is better than pure mech, or pure bio. i offer it as another option, as i also wrote you shouldn't do it every game to not become predictable. therefore i don't really want to discuss pure mech since it's not connected with my guide

but i like mech, i mech from time to time, and i like the way you do it too (tho the opening could be safer imo since i saw you lost to voidray allin - i mean currently there is NO safe build order since every build has its counters or blind counters, even "my" build is weak to strong 2 base plays), what i personaly don't like about mech is protoss can get a very good map control and with good observer positioning and with watch towers and good building placement almost completely shut down hellions. althought that doesnt completely mean you 100% lose but it hurts you so much. still, there are good maps for pure mech (LT, metal)



Ya I agree with this, I dunno i just feel like BioMech like any mech build is amazing when it gets going, but those strong 2 base builds are pretty common from what ive played against (dunno how it is on europe =) ) and id struggle to hold them even when not transitioning to mech so doing it while transitioning seems like it can get ugly quite often to me ;(
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
qazqwezxc
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada91 Posts
February 21 2011 21:07 GMT
#67
Hi, great post predy. Just a curious question though, 3 of the replays (at random) i was watching involved you always being ahead in supply count. How is this done? Was this due to just oversaturating your scvs or macro skills simply being better than the opponent was was it the hellions with blue flames that saved the day?
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 21:10:10
February 21 2011 21:08 GMT
#68
On February 22 2011 05:51 Sadist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 05:37 PredY wrote:
On February 22 2011 04:44 Sadist wrote:
What is the point of going to bio at all in the first place? To prevent the fast 3rd from the toss? Im not very fond of bio openings tbh, it seems like all the units are pretty much a waste and you are delaying your mech army and filling supply with units that will turn out to be useless.

Having watched quite a few of Goody's replays and from my own experience i feel like he and some of the other mech players out there go too tank heavy which forces them to turtle for quite a long time. Using more hellions seems like a much better solution to me and essentially playing it like BW terran (except added a few thors to tank shots and for killing phoenix)

Hellions beat immortals quite handily and if a person leaves an opening even once you can completely cripple them with your hellion harass.

I have a bunch of replays here PredY that maybe you should check out to see the viabilty of pure mech openings (i posted a few games of my losses to show how I typically lose when I do lose (not that often,I probably win 90% of my tvp's on ladder in the past 2-3 weeks)

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays?filter-hidden-top-player-name=tQSadist&filter-map=

I essentially use the same build all the time but im posting it because it would be nice if we could get a pure mech opening vs toss that was completely solid =) I know phoenix is a counter to hellion harass but even when harass is denied they have had to build phoenix's and hellions are a good unit anyway.

BioMech just seems too weak to me during the transition and you can still die to all the lame stuff bio dies to early-midgame anyway.

again, my post wasn't meant to say that it is better than pure mech, or pure bio. i offer it as another option, as i also wrote you shouldn't do it every game to not become predictable. therefore i don't really want to discuss pure mech since it's not connected with my guide

but i like mech, i mech from time to time, and i like the way you do it too (tho the opening could be safer imo since i saw you lost to voidray allin - i mean currently there is NO safe build order since every build has its counters or blind counters, even "my" build is weak to strong 2 base plays), what i personaly don't like about mech is protoss can get a very good map control and with good observer positioning and with watch towers and good building placement almost completely shut down hellions. althought that doesnt completely mean you 100% lose but it hurts you so much. still, there are good maps for pure mech (LT, metal)


Ya I agree with this, I dunno i just feel like BioMech like any mech build is amazing when it gets going, but those strong 2 base builds are pretty common from what ive played against (dunno how it is on europe =) ) and id struggle to hold them even when not transitioning to mech so doing it while transitioning seems like it can get ugly quite often to me ;(

yeah i'm gonna get my practise partners play strong 2 base plays vs me later this week and i'm gonna try some stuff against that and post replays

+ Show Spoiler +
On February 22 2011 06:07 qazqwezxc wrote:
Hi, great post predy. Just a curious question though, 3 of the replays (at random) i was watching involved you always being ahead in supply count. How is this done? Was this due to just oversaturating your scvs or macro skills simply being better than the opponent was was it the hellions with blue flames that saved the day?

i think fast expansion helps a lot vs non-fast expanding protoss given you don't die to some kind of allin, also be careful about your supply depots and generally macro very well
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 21:30:13
February 21 2011 21:25 GMT
#69
Thanks for the post Predy. I have a question for you (personally at 3600 masters level):

When I try Mech (then eventually gave up), my main probolem is that I usually win the huge 200/200 clash against the Toss (usually near one of his bases since I tend to attack immediately when I max). However, my surviving army is usually small enough where 15 chargelots warping-in will immediately clean up the survivors before my reinforcements can arrive. They would then win the ensuing tempo game because I cannot reproduce as fast as him and defend all my bases against his more mobile army.

Oh, the Toss army will be predominately mass chargelot + immortal.

What is your big picture game-plan in this situation?
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
February 21 2011 21:34 GMT
#70
On February 22 2011 06:25 link0 wrote:
Thanks for the post Predy. I have a question for you (personally at 3600 masters level):

When I try Mech, my main issues is that I usually win the huge 200/200 clash against the Toss (usually near one of his bases since I tend to attack immediately when I max). However, my surviving army is usually small enough where 15 chargelots warping-in will immediately clean up the survivors before my reinforcements can arrive. They would then win the tempo game because I cannot reproduce as fast as him and defend all my bases against his more mobile army.

Oh, the Toss army will be predominately mass chargelot + immortal.

What is your big picture game-plan in this situation?

hi, that's why the mass orbitals and sacking SCVs in late game when maxed plays such a huge role. when maxed you basically start getting about 3 CC on 3base and then 2-3 more when on 4 base. so far what i've done is to just sack SCVs, not use them in my attack, but let protoss kill them (you usually also get a good scouting , just spare SCVs for gas and about 2 at each base to build stuff.

Also start getting more factories and remax again. Then you should have about 150~ pop of units with at least 2/1 or 2/2 upgrades which should do very well against 120~ pop of P units and unless you fuck up your positioning or miss EMPs and stroms screw you up, you shouldn't lose too much and then you should be able to reinforce with hellions (since you'll probably lose almost all of them, as they are tanking a lot of damage). And if you get at least 8-10 factories, i don't think you should have troubles reinforcing. IF you are letf with little amount of units, just fall back, and turtle a bit again and get maxed again while harassing with your hellions
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
February 21 2011 23:34 GMT
#71
On February 22 2011 06:34 PredY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 06:25 link0 wrote:
Thanks for the post Predy. I have a question for you (personally at 3600 masters level):

When I try Mech, my main issues is that I usually win the huge 200/200 clash against the Toss (usually near one of his bases since I tend to attack immediately when I max). However, my surviving army is usually small enough where 15 chargelots warping-in will immediately clean up the survivors before my reinforcements can arrive. They would then win the tempo game because I cannot reproduce as fast as him and defend all my bases against his more mobile army.

Oh, the Toss army will be predominately mass chargelot + immortal.

What is your big picture game-plan in this situation?

hi, that's why the mass orbitals and sacking SCVs in late game when maxed plays such a huge role. when maxed you basically start getting about 3 CC on 3base and then 2-3 more when on 4 base. so far what i've done is to just sack SCVs, not use them in my attack, but let protoss kill them (you usually also get a good scouting , just spare SCVs for gas and about 2 at each base to build stuff.

Also start getting more factories and remax again. Then you should have about 150~ pop of units with at least 2/1 or 2/2 upgrades which should do very well against 120~ pop of P units and unless you fuck up your positioning or miss EMPs and stroms screw you up, you shouldn't lose too much and then you should be able to reinforce with hellions (since you'll probably lose almost all of them, as they are tanking a lot of damage). And if you get at least 8-10 factories, i don't think you should have troubles reinforcing. IF you are letf with little amount of units, just fall back, and turtle a bit again and get maxed again while harassing with your hellions


Thanks, I like this. Will give it a shot.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
Aldehyde
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden939 Posts
February 22 2011 00:40 GMT
#72
I have been trying this out today with some success. It feels really strong late.

Here's a replay of an epic game on Shakuras. Felt like it went on forever.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/142690-1v1-terran-protoss-shakuras-plateau

I could have won this if i actually kept on upgrading and started sacking workers when I had an advantage.

I also wasted a lot of tanks that I should have just backed off with instead. But the game showed me the strength of this tank/hellion/viking combo late game. With ghosts and some infantry added, it gets sick.
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
February 22 2011 19:40 GMT
#73
On February 22 2011 09:40 Aldehyde wrote:
I have been trying this out today with some success. It feels really strong late.

Here's a replay of an epic game on Shakuras. Felt like it went on forever.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/142690-1v1-terran-protoss-shakuras-plateau

I could have won this if i actually kept on upgrading and started sacking workers when I had an advantage.

I also wasted a lot of tanks that I should have just backed off with instead. But the game showed me the strength of this tank/hellion/viking combo late game. With ghosts and some infantry added, it gets sick.

good game. yeah you didnt sack any workers and they just took up supply. also you didnt get upgrades for mech

i noticed you did a big push with your bio and mech, which is okay if you have enough infrastructure to rebuild your army fast, but i think its better to use many drops to waste your bio units
also you kept building bio the whole game which i think is not useful at all. just build only mech and ghosts (tho you can get marauders here and there to use for drops since marauders are the best unit to snipe buildings with)
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
Shankapotamus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States428 Posts
February 23 2011 01:43 GMT
#74
I really gotta say, them thors with upgrades are reeaaaallllyyyy impressive. I have also been facing the extra 20 zealot warpin to clean up tanks when i go straight into mech, but this bio-first into mech is really nice. Ghosts are really essential for sure, but it seems like they are always laggin it and get to the fight to late for emps. But thats just me. But with enough of those thors, no amount of Templars will do jacksquat. And constant marauder drops can sometimes find tech switches like the techswitch into air. Its pretty easy to stop since u can just switch starports onto the rax that used to have reactors since marauder + ghosts should be the only bio you make. Constant pokes are great to find tech switches too. Hellion run by just tears up mineral lines and they are great vs the almost always high count of speedlots. I think us terrans can hold our own vs that protoss imball now ^^

Heres a replay:

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/143132-1v1-terran-protoss-metalopolis

I didn't exactly follow the guide since I wasnt exactly going for this type of build at first, but in the middle of the game, i remembered this thread and decided to just give it a shot. At one point, I had one thor cuz i remember some other post about how thors just tore stuff up and that really saved my arse from the brink of losing the game.
QQmonster
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada240 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 01:58:27
February 23 2011 01:50 GMT
#75
On February 22 2011 06:25 link0 wrote:
Thanks for the post Predy. I have a question for you (personally at 3600 masters level):

When I try Mech (then eventually gave up), my main probolem is that I usually win the huge 200/200 clash against the Toss (usually near one of his bases since I tend to attack immediately when I max). However, my surviving army is usually small enough where 15 chargelots warping-in will immediately clean up the survivors before my reinforcements can arrive. They would then win the ensuing tempo game because I cannot reproduce as fast as him and defend all my bases against his more mobile army.

Oh, the Toss army will be predominately mass chargelot + immortal.

What is your big picture game-plan in this situation?


When you attack you need to queue pure hellions back to your army, and after you wipe out his army you need to unsiege, retreat and regroup reinforcements and then proceed to win. You're getting over eager and aren't patient enough and thats why the desperate zealot warp ins are so effective.
EX-top 10 guildwars player yeye XD
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
February 23 2011 04:11 GMT
#76
Died to this style of play recently and it blew me away. Bio opening, harass into more harass with pulled scvs and a gigantic army of upgraded mech units. My first wonder was how he could afford this much stuff and still take a safe 3rd and later 4th. After watching the replay, I saw how the frequent expanding and mass orbitals at the end feeds the army the keeps the fast expansions safe.

My thoughts:
1. I'm protoss and hate hate hate when I can't zealot/immortal a fast and heavy mech play early and get stonewalled at the end. The bio opening has me going towards colossus/gateway expecting MMM+Vikings all day long and suddenly I'm confronted with enough hellions to make short work of my chargelots with a tank/thor backbone that remains alive after the vikings have dealt with my Colossi. I replace my army tending towards immortal/HT or immortal/airforce. Still, I'm coming at a Terran with a planetary at 4th and heavily upgraded units. Like going at a brick wall.

2. I wish my army could be as big as the Terran's. I wish I had a plan to put enough serious pressure on where Terran is scared to build the extra orbitals that let them sac SCVS for Big Armies. I still don't have the answer for this even after a lot of practice with 3.2k Terrans. Siege tanked expos with the hellions dicking around and Thors hanging with the tanks. Blue-flame hellion drops throughout the midgame and lategame. Don't have an answer for this yet.

3. Scouting/reaction is my job =P Okay this one is a lighthearted complaint. I'm the FE macro player that sends his observer out and sees the Terran's opener and my next structures/units counter it. Now, I see bio and then a bunch of factories and a third with the terran content to sit and upgrade while harassing with drops. But but, ou're supposed to attack into me as I go to attack you ... aww what the hell.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
captainwaffles
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1050 Posts
February 23 2011 04:15 GMT
#77
I tried getting a reactor on the starport, its totally awesome if they get colossus, the Vikings and Tanks are so good together, here are the reps: [url blocked]

I wonder, if they go HT/Chargelot/Immortal, would getting a ghost academy instead of the reactor be good, maybe a 4th rax? Ghosts are expensive in gas- I just did the math, you should be able to afford everything but your factories would be delayed by a lot. Would have to bunker up I think, til' the facts get up.
https://x.com/CaptainWaffless
Shankapotamus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States428 Posts
February 23 2011 05:07 GMT
#78
I played a game where i scouted the robo bay and when i didnt have vision anymore, the protoss player cancelled it and made a templar archives, and with the couple of vikings i got since i saw the robobay, i was able to scout around and see the tech switch. Scouting is just soooo soooo important with this play.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
February 23 2011 05:23 GMT
#79
Have you tried a Mass Thor composition with fewer tanks, PredY?

In my experience, Thors have a tendency to roll completely through Protoss armies if you have a slight advantage in units or with EMP. Even more so than tanks to some extent. Thor balls are literally steam rollers.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Avril_Lavigne
Profile Joined April 2010
United States446 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 05:50:54
February 23 2011 05:49 GMT
#80
I've encountered a big problem with my strategy against toss when I'm doing a 1 rax FE. The thing is, is when protoss get 2 gas at the start and they get on the offense, then they just forcefield my ramp preventing me from coming out. how can I prevent this? should I stop the macro to save for bunkers? I feel like if I don't continuously pump units he can just break my defense. how do I stop this? if a replay is needed pls reply

edit: I've tried laddering my units out of my base with medivacs but it's pretty risky as he can just walk into my base and forcefiled me out. I want to figure out a way to prevent this without falling too behind because as I am stuck in my base he's expanding and teching and I'm on 2 orbitals in one base getting mined out. Should I just stick to a 2 rax FE instead?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
UpATreeSC 65
TKL 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5161
Bisu 1995
Soulkey 1567
EffOrt 769
Mini 574
Horang2 379
Larva 344
ZerO 300
actioN 245
ggaemo 244
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 114
Yoon 105
Mind 96
sorry 85
hero 77
Shinee 67
Sharp 65
Barracks 58
Pusan 57
Snow 52
Hyun 42
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 18
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Noble 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5722
qojqva2463
Dendi1312
420jenkins262
League of Legends
Reynor74
Counter-Strike
fl0m3003
Fnx 724
x6flipin340
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes306
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1236
hiko1006
B2W.Neo452
DeMusliM289
XBOCT220
Livibee211
Liquid`VortiX199
QueenE99
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)18
FrodaN0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
Other Games
WardiTV24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3756
• TFBlade756
Other Games
• Shiphtur436
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 3m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.