• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:15
CEST 18:15
KST 01:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12780 users

Putting an end to the Zerg Opening Economy debate. - Page 17

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 21 Next All
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 02:10:23
December 02 2010 02:06 GMT
#321
On December 02 2010 11:02 bmn wrote:
I counted each mineral node at the end of the 11 pool 18 hatch replay and came up with 20065. Subtracted from the 24000 minerals from 16 nodes at 2 bases, that comes out to 3935 minerals mined. Where does 4620 come from? Same for the 14 hatch 16 pool Dakaru posted. Why are the results off by 600-700 minerals if you have a replay.


This was already explained in a previous post...

We are using the replay tab "Resources Spent," and adding that to current minerals to find resources mined. The replay adds the starting units to minerals spent, which I believe is 700 additional minerals being recorded. This is the fastest way to gauge minerals mined, and doesn't change the mineral difference between builds, only the relative ratio difference. Since we aren't using such ratios, I felt it didn't matter.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
jacobman
Profile Joined December 2010
217 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 03:06:12
December 02 2010 02:51 GMT
#322
Hi,

I haven't actually used this in a game but I decided to try out build orders for this post. I found 16 hatch 15 pool to be most efficient.

The build order is as follows

9 ovie
16 hatch
15 pool
17 ovie
19 queen at the main
23 queen at the expansion
25 ovie
30 ovie
38 ovie

it hits 6:00 with 4800 minerals mined and 41.71 drones, which as far as I can tell from looking around is pretty good

NOTE: transfer three drones from the main when the expansion comes up and then rally all drones to the expansion. When 16 drones are either mining at the expansion or rallied to mine at the expansion move the main rally back to the main mineral line. Other than that pump drones as long as you can and that's the build.

Here is a replay

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/111354-1v1-zerg-xelnaga-caverns
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 05:29:44
December 02 2010 05:28 GMT
#323
On December 02 2010 11:02 bmn wrote:
I counted each mineral node at the end of the 11 pool 18 hatch replay and came up with 20065. Subtracted from the 24000 minerals from 16 nodes at 2 bases, that comes out to 3935 minerals mined. Where does 4620 come from? Same for the 14 hatch 16 pool Dakaru posted. Why are the results off by 600-700 minerals if you have a replay.


Watch the replays and check the spending tab at the end, then add the current minerals on top. This should equal the total minerals mined (plus 50 from what you start with).

Edit: Sorry, beaten by hours, could've sworn I'd refreshed to the latest...
Drenova
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2 Posts
December 02 2010 05:45 GMT
#324
Why do you have to make two ovies in a row on Lomilar's build? Why not make a drone at 18? Forgive me if I've counted something backwards...
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 05:56:09
December 02 2010 05:55 GMT
#325
On December 02 2010 14:45 Drenova wrote:
Why do you have to make two ovies in a row on Lomilar's build? Why not make a drone at 18? Forgive me if I've counted something backwards...


I'm fairly sure it prevents being larvae capped. Can't make a drone at 18 until the 17 overlord finishes.

Btw, my build order app comes up with similar results for an 11 pool econ build.
jgreen46
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada94 Posts
December 02 2010 20:46 GMT
#326
well that's retarded, for so long i say 14 hatch 15 pool is the way to go

ppl say "no go look at TL thread"
so i go look it says the other shit's better
but
now
look



AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8714 Posts
December 02 2010 22:05 GMT
#327
2 Things:

1: Did you test 15 Hatch 14 Pool?

2: Is 11 Pool able to get 3 Queens in a row as quick as possible? I like to get 3 (4 with Hatch first) up to spread creep like crazy.^^ Maybe there are no minerals for in the time you need?
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
December 02 2010 22:49 GMT
#328
I haven't had time to play around with the 11/18 build much, but is the OP BO the most refined?

Back in beta I used to do an extractor trick - pool - OV - extractor trick and it gave me roughly an extra 1/2 larva spawn time at the cost of roughly 10 additional minerals.

Were small variances like that looked at?
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
December 02 2010 23:54 GMT
#329
On December 03 2010 07:49 Jermstuddog wrote:
I haven't had time to play around with the 11/18 build much, but is the OP BO the most refined?

Back in beta I used to do an extractor trick - pool - OV - extractor trick and it gave me roughly an extra 1/2 larva spawn time at the cost of roughly 10 additional minerals.

Were small variances like that looked at?


You have to get an overlord before pool for this build to be economical. Everytime I tried pool first, it was among the worst of the builds in economy.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
miamibadboi
Profile Joined July 2010
United States27 Posts
December 03 2010 01:24 GMT
#330
sorry if this was already posted but did you try 14 hatch 16 pool?
jacobman
Profile Joined December 2010
217 Posts
December 03 2010 02:02 GMT
#331
How come you didn't post the 16 Hatch 15 Pool build I sent you? It beats out the 11 pool by 150 minerals! It also beats out every other build you have put up so far. As a matter of fact it beats the supposed leader, 14 Pool 15 Hatch, while also maintaining the same pool time.
RoarMan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada745 Posts
December 03 2010 02:07 GMT
#332
Thanks for setting up this thread, finally some conclusive answers to our Zergie questions :D.

Really interesting to see an 11 pool build being 2nd in economy, looking forward to trying it out.
All the pros got dat Ichie.
jacobman
Profile Joined December 2010
217 Posts
December 03 2010 02:09 GMT
#333
Also, what's the deal with the discrepancy between the 11 pool data you posted in the table and the 11 pool data in the video. In the video the minerals are at 4539 and in the chart it's at 4620. When I tried the build myself I got 4529, so the number from the video seems much more realistic, and it's a very big difference.

If I can only get 4530 from the 11 pool then the 16 hatch 15 pool is 250 minerals ahead, which is almost an extra hatch.
jacobman
Profile Joined December 2010
217 Posts
December 03 2010 02:16 GMT
#334
I checked to see what the minerals mined was in the 11 pool 18 hatch at the end of the second at 6:00 and it matched your data. That's what the difference is. Since I've taken all my data at the beginning of the second of 6:00 that puts the 16 hatch 15 pool 250 mineral ahead! That is not an inconsequential amount. That is almost enough for an extra hatchery, which is huge.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
December 03 2010 02:24 GMT
#335
I'm sorry, I've been spending my time on a new thread regarding the 11pool build. I will get around to testing your build order and I will update soon.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
jacobman
Profile Joined December 2010
217 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 04:01:34
December 03 2010 03:03 GMT
#336
I'm sorry, I've been spending my time on a new thread regarding the 11pool build. I will get around to testing your build order and I will update soon.


Hey, thanks. Here's another replay if it helps. I go to seven minutes this time and I also take special care not to put the first two drones on particular mineral patches, like the rules said.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/111768-1v1-zerg-xelnaga-caverns
roadrunner343
Profile Joined November 2010
148 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 04:33:53
December 03 2010 04:32 GMT
#337
Alright ladies and gentlemen, here is my first attempt at the Lomilar build. Please bear with me. I played this 5 games yesterday morning, and this is what I got. Some of the games are messy, yes, but this is just to show the strengths and weaknesses of the build. Also, most of the time, I had to modify the build to deal with early pressure. However, I was using the Lomilar build as my base. Feedback is appreciated.

ZvP - Dark Templars
[image loading]
You can see I would have crushed him even sooner with my economy had I been prepared for the DTs and not scrambling for an overseer. My own stupidity, but the build is solid.

ZvZ - Heavily Modified
[image loading]
In this game, I didn't follow the Lomilar much at all early on. This replay shows the builds weakness to early pressure, but it also shows how you can easily adapt to that pressure and get back on track.

ZvT - ?
[image loading]
Sorry, don't remember what happened in this game and don't have time watch right now. I won against a Terran player with the build though.

ZvT against 2000+ Diamond
[image loading]
This game shows the early pressure power when required. Utilized lings and speedlings and dealt early damage. A better player could have ended the game much sooner, as many mistakes were made and this game was far too long (40 minutes) Still, it shows that the build works for the end game as well.

ZvZ - Ling/Bling
[image loading]
Once again, modified the build to deal with early pressure and moved into banelings.

Let me know what you guys think. I know these replays stray from the specific build order, but that is necessary to deal with pressure most games.
Flopplop
Profile Joined December 2010
5 Posts
December 03 2010 04:34 GMT
#338
can we please included one full saturated gas in these tests?
obsid
Profile Joined November 2008
United States389 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 04:40:07
December 03 2010 04:39 GMT
#339
The big problem with adding one saturated gas is when to get that gas. Diffrent builds will need a gas at diffrent times, combined with diffrent people value gas diffrently based on what they plan to do latter means diffrent times for gas by diffrent people even for the same build. Also how do you value one build that gets more gas against another build that gets more minerals? Is gas 2x as good as minerals or 3x? or more/less?
Flopplop
Profile Joined December 2010
5 Posts
December 03 2010 04:49 GMT
#340
set a specific time where you get the gas in every build? eg. The timing where 14 hatch 15 pool 16 gas occurs?
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM777
IndyStarCraft 199
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 777
ByuN 317
Reynor 306
TKL 292
IndyStarCraft 199
Railgan 76
BRAT_OK 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56060
Bisu 2685
Calm 2406
FanTaSy 737
Stork 585
Rush 487
hero 290
firebathero 176
actioN 133
Sharp 78
[ Show more ]
Free 56
Sea.KH 52
ToSsGirL 35
Mong 29
Pusan 26
Rock 25
soO 23
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10510
Dendi962
Counter-Strike
fl0m5044
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing2050
Liquid`RaSZi1536
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt664
Khaldor472
Mlord472
olofmeister447
KnowMe319
crisheroes168
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV242
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 12
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach20
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3265
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1570
Other Games
• Shiphtur557
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 45m
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
6h 45m
OSC
19h 45m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.