• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:17
CEST 02:17
KST 09:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8070 users

The Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 468

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 466 467 468 469 470 489 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
Kraelog
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium194 Posts
January 21 2013 08:32 GMT
#9341
On January 21 2013 16:58 Mjolnir wrote:

Bio.

How the almighty fuck do I deal with Terran bio?

I haven't played in some time and I'm just getting back into it. My skills have clearly dropped and I suspect the community at large has improved. I'm at the point where Terran makes me want to put my fist through the fucking monitor because it feels like I'm fighting MMM with ling, bane, infestor, BL - pretty much anything I can throw at it.

I go banes, they spread or sutter-step back and it isn't cost effective for me. I go infestor and they die after a fungal or two due to shitty range and/or small groups spread and focusing them down. After a few engagements, I've done a lot of fungal damage but lost my infestors - so I've essentially traded gas for mineral units. Not good.

It's just wave after wave after wave of bio. I don't know how to be aggressive early, I don't feel as though I can be without gimping my econ. I don't know how to thwart the tide of mass infantry all game long.

I've politely asked Terran players what I should do differently (I play Terran myself but not like that) and they just say something along the lines of "Zerg OP, you suck noob."

So, yeah, I suck - but a little help would be great. Please. Before I break something.



Give us some replays then, "I Suck" doesn't really give a lot of room for constructive feedback
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 09:30:30
January 21 2013 09:01 GMT
#9342
I have the same problems against Bio. I heard that going muta/ling/bane with a bit of infestor support is better than ling/infestor with bane support.

I met a lot of terrans doing mass raven recently. And it seems SOOOOOOO OP. Like, even fungle wasnt broken like this. 100 stackable damages ? Seriously ?! And turrets with the +5 armor ?!

lol.

User was warned for this post

EDIT : Just so that it doesnt look like balance whine, i'd like to ask a question. Any zerg by there played against mass raven ? How did you react ?
Kraelog
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium194 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 10:17:15
January 21 2013 10:16 GMT
#9343
Mass Ravens is a strategy that is easy to beat. Basically the Terran is unkillable if he has 20+ Ravens with full energy. So just kill him before he has them.

When you scout mech/air from terran immediatly research drops & mass Roaches. Then start flooding/dropping roaches four bases until he drops dead. It's that simple. The first wave will get destroyed by seekers missiles/turret spam, but after that the Ravens don't have any energy left so just keep pounding until he breaks.

If he went heavy siege tank into Air, just drop 40 roaches on his tanks.

Edit: muta/infestor/bling is not better then infestor/sling/blind for the simple reason that those muta's should be more infestors.
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
January 21 2013 10:32 GMT
#9344
On January 21 2013 19:16 Kraelog wrote:
Mass Ravens is a strategy that is easy to beat. Basically the Terran is unkillable if he has 20+ Ravens with full energy. So just kill him before he has them.

When you scout mech/air from terran immediatly research drops & mass Roaches. Then start flooding/dropping roaches four bases until he drops dead. It's that simple. The first wave will get destroyed by seekers missiles/turret spam, but after that the Ravens don't have any energy left so just keep pounding until he breaks.

If he went heavy siege tank into Air, just drop 40 roaches on his tanks.

Edit: muta/infestor/bling is not better then infestor/sling/blind for the simple reason that those muta's should be more infestors.


The problem is that the terran i met played bio while producing ravens.

Turtle + constantly trading bio. And when i get the the T3, 20 ravens were already ready.

That looks like a very strong strategy, anticipating the fact that the zerg will always try to get to the lategame. And then, ravens are already ready, full energy, ready to destroy everything...

From a theorcrafting pov, it looks like there is no hardcounter to this tactic. And as zerg, i'd need to have a huge fungle on the ravens and destroy them with corruptors. The problem is still that bio is always near, ready to amove. :/
Kraelog
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium194 Posts
January 21 2013 10:50 GMT
#9345
If the terran can evenly trade Bio with you while building up 20 ravens then you're trading veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery badly.

Can you post a replay for us to review?
FireMonkey
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Australia105 Posts
January 21 2013 13:33 GMT
#9346
1) I am in gold league and I use infestors quite alot in my games (in every matchup) however, I feel like infestors are suicidal units when I want to fungal the oponent. I have my main attack force on 1, my casters on 2 and my air or flanking squad on 3. So I put infestors on 2, separate from 1. even though they are on different control groups, for my infestors to fungal they need to get in a range but when they do the enemy A-move AI sets the 'festor as a priority so after if fungals it dies on its return to the pack of infestors at the back of my army, so basically how do I make my infestors not die when I fungal? is there anyway or do i just have to rely on luck??

2) how do I punish an enemy fast expansion (in ZvT and ZvP). they wall off with cannons forges bunkers etc so i cant get in and by the time I can optimally get harrassment units like nydus worms or mutas, they have an army to counter it. Don't get me wrong, I like when they do an FE because it allows me to play greedy and i love playing greedy (usually I get 4 bases before the 8 min mark) but sometimes I dont want the long macro games where I just outright roflstomp the opposing 2-base-hero. I like baneling busting terrans then sending a swarm of speedlings into their base but what can i do against protoss? they get a zealot and sentries and they forcefield my stuff away while the cannons snipe me. Oh and also how do i be aggressive against a 2 base terran, usually they try and turtle up and they are protected with siege tanks and bunkers with missile turrets and it's annoying because i feel it wastes my time when they try and drop me but because i have so many bases they dont know where to drop me so instead of leaving they just keep trying.

3) Is there anyway to kill a protoss deathball without going broodlord infestor? usually if they do an immortal sentry push (not all in) I kill it with ling roach hydra but behind that they are getting collosus and gateway units - forming the standard deathball... Broodlord infestor with roach hydra ling support is quite effective but I just hate using broodlords, they're too slow for me. So what counter to the collosus stalker deathball is there that isnt BL-I
fuck bitches, get money
Kraelog
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium194 Posts
January 21 2013 14:13 GMT
#9347
1) Infestor micro

Well as you said, move forward with the infestor, fungal & run back while the rest of your army covers its retreat. It's an extremely hard thing to do and everyone, from low bronze to S-class GSL players lose Infestors simply due to mismicro. But in many matchups infestor retention can mean the diference between victory & defeat.

2) Punishing Expo

Basically your opportunies for punishing a greedy Expo by Terran or Protoss are mainly decided by your BO. Assuming you take the most economic one (standard 3h zvp, & 15h in zvt) you can only really harass with slings from 7mins or Roaches from 10min+.

But why would you go allin on them? Zerg has the most explosive economy when not harassed and when they take a risky expo, you can take another base and drone to 90 in peace. Then with a superior economy you can crush them in the midgame.

3) Well overall BL/Infestors is just the best army. It is possible to kill a standard deathball with a goofy Ultra/bane compo or something but overall BL/Infestor is the only army composition which is superior against any Protoss deathball (Air toss is another discussion).




MasterDrone
Profile Joined January 2013
France50 Posts
January 21 2013 15:29 GMT
#9348
Hi everyone,

I have been playing Starcraft 2 for 6 months, and currently a Zerg player in mid/high Plat

I have 2 questions:

- As a Plat/ potiental Diamond player, what should I focus: macro? strat? micro? apm?

- Would someone please check my replay with this Diamond Protoss (http://drop.sc/297305) and give me some MAJOR advices so I don't be in that dangerous situation anymore. I know I have tons of mistake, but what is the main and most important mistake I need to fix first?

Thank you very much TL users, you are awesome!

Natalya
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium287 Posts
January 21 2013 15:45 GMT
#9349
On January 21 2013 22:33 FireMonkey wrote:
1) I am in gold league and I use infestors quite alot in my games (in every matchup) however, I feel like infestors are suicidal units when I want to fungal the oponent. I have my main attack force on 1, my casters on 2 and my air or flanking squad on 3. So I put infestors on 2, separate from 1. even though they are on different control groups, for my infestors to fungal they need to get in a range but when they do the enemy A-move AI sets the 'festor as a priority so after if fungals it dies on its return to the pack of infestors at the back of my army, so basically how do I make my infestors not die when I fungal? is there anyway or do i just have to rely on luck??

2) how do I punish an enemy fast expansion (in ZvT and ZvP). they wall off with cannons forges bunkers etc so i cant get in and by the time I can optimally get harrassment units like nydus worms or mutas, they have an army to counter it. Don't get me wrong, I like when they do an FE because it allows me to play greedy and i love playing greedy (usually I get 4 bases before the 8 min mark) but sometimes I dont want the long macro games where I just outright roflstomp the opposing 2-base-hero. I like baneling busting terrans then sending a swarm of speedlings into their base but what can i do against protoss? they get a zealot and sentries and they forcefield my stuff away while the cannons snipe me. Oh and also how do i be aggressive against a 2 base terran, usually they try and turtle up and they are protected with siege tanks and bunkers with missile turrets and it's annoying because i feel it wastes my time when they try and drop me but because i have so many bases they dont know where to drop me so instead of leaving they just keep trying.

3) Is there anyway to kill a protoss deathball without going broodlord infestor? usually if they do an immortal sentry push (not all in) I kill it with ling roach hydra but behind that they are getting collosus and gateway units - forming the standard deathball... Broodlord infestor with roach hydra ling support is quite effective but I just hate using broodlords, they're too slow for me. So what counter to the collosus stalker deathball is there that isnt BL-I


1) Depends on the match up. I'd say you should step up your micro (use some micro trainer or something if need be). Against terran, you can fungal everything except tank from a safety distance. It just takes practice to fungal from the right range and retreat. Against protoss it's the same and against Zerg as well, except for collossus and other infestors. It can be ok-ish to suicide your infestor to fungal if the other guy is basically all-in (meaning you wont be fighting later, so dead infestors dont really matter). Another solution, ofcourse, is to attack with units before you fungal, so ur lings or roaches takes the damage and your infestors fungal from safety.

2) The most reliable way to punish an expansion is honestly to overdrone your opponent. Being agressive is not nearly as efficient an answer.

3) you either kill it with spine/corruptor/infestor or brood/infestor queen or brood/infestor roach (for better mobility). Mid game pushes are held with spine infestor corruptor.
Natalya
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium287 Posts
January 21 2013 15:47 GMT
#9350
On January 22 2013 00:29 MasterDrone wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been playing Starcraft 2 for 6 months, and currently a Zerg player in mid/high Plat

I have 2 questions:

- As a Plat/ potiental Diamond player, what should I focus: macro? strat? micro? apm?

- Would someone please check my replay with this Diamond Protoss (http://drop.sc/297305) and give me some MAJOR advices so I don't be in that dangerous situation anymore. I know I have tons of mistake, but what is the main and most important mistake I need to fix first?

Thank you very much TL users, you are awesome!



Macro Macro Macro. You cant focus on something like apm. Apm will come as you focus on macro and creep spread. Try to follow the evolution of the meta game by watching pro replays.
Grayboosh
Profile Joined March 2011
United States68 Posts
January 21 2013 19:40 GMT
#9351
On January 21 2013 16:58 Mjolnir wrote:

Bio.

How the almighty fuck do I deal with Terran bio?

I haven't played in some time and I'm just getting back into it. My skills have clearly dropped and I suspect the community at large has improved. I'm at the point where Terran makes me want to put my fist through the fucking monitor because it feels like I'm fighting MMM with ling, bane, infestor, BL - pretty much anything I can throw at it.

I go banes, they spread or sutter-step back and it isn't cost effective for me. I go infestor and they die after a fungal or two due to shitty range and/or small groups spread and focusing them down. After a few engagements, I've done a lot of fungal damage but lost my infestors - so I've essentially traded gas for mineral units. Not good.

It's just wave after wave after wave of bio. I don't know how to be aggressive early, I don't feel as though I can be without gimping my econ. I don't know how to thwart the tide of mass infantry all game long.

I've politely asked Terran players what I should do differently (I play Terran myself but not like that) and they just say something along the lines of "Zerg OP, you suck noob."

So, yeah, I suck - but a little help would be great. Please. Before I break something.



Master Zerg here ... I'll give you a few things to focus on when dealing with a highly mobile and efficeint Terran bio army.


# 1 - Creep Spread IMO, one of the most important, yet overlooked factors....

This is especially significant against a terran bio army for many reasons: increases effectiveness of banelings by helping them connect before dying, alerts you to enemy position, helps you surround their army much quicker, slows their advance by forcing them to kill tumors, and forces scans instead of mules which would've translated to more marines. Not only is your army literally more effective on creep, but you as a player can be more effective with all that added map awareness by determining much more easily when it's safe to drone and when you have to make units.

Having creep spread across 50% of the map makes a world of difference versus just connecting your bases. You'll be able to pick and choose your battle by feigning an attack then moving back to wait for reinforcements. When you finally do commit, you will be able to crash into your oppopent with 30% faster move speed! In summation, if you're not defending on creep, you're doing something wrong.

#2 - Upgrades - Double Pump your melee and carapace upgrades. They should be ahead of, or on par with Terran's upgrades. You should never be behind, and if you are, it's a very uphill battle because of how efficeint Terran bio is and how inefficeint ling/bling is.

#3 - Production - You should have a macro hatch for every 2 bases. If you're floating lots of money and simply don't have the larvae to build more lings, the most productive (get it?) thing you can do with it is build another macro hatch.

Here are a couple of my favorite reasons for macro hatches, besides the obvious additional larvae: by placing my macro hatch right next to my mining hatch, Terran killing that mining hatchery is much less effective (in my experience, Terran doesn't try as hard to snipe a mining hatch if they see a macro hatch next to it), and a macro hatch acts as a "retard magnet" because AI or my opponent himself will attack whatever it sees first, and it buys me time to mobilize an army.

#4 - Units / Decision-Making - In general, if Terran stays on low tech, then you want to focus on mining minerals. Your army composition should have a few infestors and banelings, with a ton of upgraded lings to overwhelm his low tier units. Bio is screwed, especially on creep, because they're either forced to split which helps lings surround, or stay together and let FG and Blings kill them. If you don't have enough lings, bio will just split and own you.

You only really need a lot of gas (aka, Ultras or BLs) to deal with tanks. Focus on the correct resource!
You're goin down gray bush.
Natalya
Profile Joined December 2011
Belgium287 Posts
January 21 2013 20:33 GMT
#9352
On January 21 2013 16:58 Mjolnir wrote:

Bio.

How the almighty fuck do I deal with Terran bio?

I haven't played in some time and I'm just getting back into it. My skills have clearly dropped and I suspect the community at large has improved. I'm at the point where Terran makes me want to put my fist through the fucking monitor because it feels like I'm fighting MMM with ling, bane, infestor, BL - pretty much anything I can throw at it.

I go banes, they spread or sutter-step back and it isn't cost effective for me. I go infestor and they die after a fungal or two due to shitty range and/or small groups spread and focusing them down. After a few engagements, I've done a lot of fungal damage but lost my infestors - so I've essentially traded gas for mineral units. Not good.

It's just wave after wave after wave of bio. I don't know how to be aggressive early, I don't feel as though I can be without gimping my econ. I don't know how to thwart the tide of mass infantry all game long.

I've politely asked Terran players what I should do differently (I play Terran myself but not like that) and they just say something along the lines of "Zerg OP, you suck noob."

So, yeah, I suck - but a little help would be great. Please. Before I break something.



Just from what you said, i'd say your problem is you're not greedy enough or you're not spending your ressources enough or both. ling infestor into ultra or broods should deal with bio. You can use banelings but you dont have to. Dont stay on lair tech forever, because in the long run you'll die. You need hive but once you have hive you're at an advantage. Oh, and your infestor should never die to bio ever. They outrange marines clearly and can stop marauders from running into them.
kuebk
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland15 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 22:27:09
January 21 2013 21:46 GMT
#9353
Hi, could you guys help me analize what I did wrong? I'm high platinum, this is ZvP and I was trying to use stephano max roach style.
Did I lose because of bad enganment or did I do more wrong decisions?

http://drop.sc/297397

What I did wrong (IMO):
- bad creep spread
- no scouting

Thanks.
Kraelog
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium194 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 22:49:12
January 21 2013 22:40 GMT
#9354
misclick
Kraelog
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium194 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 22:49:34
January 21 2013 22:48 GMT
#9355
On January 22 2013 06:46 kuebk wrote:
Hi, could you guys help me analize what I did wrong? I'm high platinum, this is ZvP and I was trying to use stephano max roach style.
Did I lose because of bad enganment or did I do more wrong decisions?

http://drop.sc/297397

What I did wrong (IMO):
- bad creep spread
- no scouting

Thanks.





Concerning Macro,

at 7.00 you have 46 supply and LESS workers than the protoss. That's bad. You need to get it to 51-54 at the very least. You stay on 51 workers which is extremely low for 3bases.

Concerning the Protoss,

You want to do a Stephano Roach Max, but you don't have a clue what the protoss is doing. You have 2 OL waiting in excellent positions but you never send them in. Send in 2 OL at 7.15-7.30 so you know what he is doing. Here he is preparing an immortal/sentry allin, so going mass Roach is good. But SCOUT MORE

Concerning the fight,

In the first engagement you kill 4 sentry's and he uses a lot of FF's so that GOOD. If you'd attacked him from two sides when he crossed the map, you would have crushed him. Instead you retreat in a corner so he can slice & dice your army with the new sentry's he warped and STILL he barely makes it.


So overal, focus on MACRO!, scout and flank any Protoss push from at least two sides.


Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
January 21 2013 23:01 GMT
#9356
Hey, Id like to ask how to deal with 3 base push from P. (the game is high master so it shouldnt be that painful to watch)

http://drop.sc/297425

I droned up quite okay, took reasonably fast fourth, had good infestor count but i lost to 3base immortal/blink push.

My biggest mistakes were probably the early roaches after the ling poke -> could have been eco/tech
And the very long gap on my double evo after 1/1.

I had somewhat good fight even though the flank could have been better and my ITs should have probably been more "in his face". <- that was partially caused because i thought he would go for natural so i end up in no good flank position. (but the fight is still not as bad)

Other than that im pretty clueless, if theres any major mistake Im not seeing...
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
Kraelog
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium194 Posts
January 21 2013 23:26 GMT
#9357
On January 22 2013 08:01 Veriol wrote:
Hey, Id like to ask how to deal with 3 base push from P. (the game is high master so it shouldnt be that painful to watch)

http://drop.sc/297425

I droned up quite okay, took reasonably fast fourth, had good infestor count but i lost to 3base immortal/blink push.

My biggest mistakes were probably the early roaches after the ling poke -> could have been eco/tech
And the very long gap on my double evo after 1/1.

I had somewhat good fight even though the flank could have been better and my ITs should have probably been more "in his face". <- that was partially caused because i thought he would go for natural so i end up in no good flank position. (but the fight is still not as bad)

Other than that im pretty clueless, if theres any major mistake Im not seeing...


Let me try to add some meaningful points.

As you said stocking up larva & only making roaches would probably have been better, but the fear of the immo/sentry allin can be strong . Aside from that you played a very good game.

I believe you lost due to a late Hive. The Protoss scouted the late GS and took the timing window to kill you.

At 10.21 you see the Protoss clearing his third so you can be sure he isn't going allin. But your infestation pit only starts at 11.26. That's 1.05 mins lost. You start your Hive 2 secs after the Pit is done so that's great. The spire/hive are ready at 14.05 and you start your GS at 14.20.

So in total your Greater Spire was delayed by 1.20 mins and pops at 16.02 when you just lost the main battle & game. I feel if the GS finished at 14.40 you could have had BL outs at 15.15, just in time to hold the Protoss allin.

Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 23:51:42
January 21 2013 23:38 GMT
#9358
On January 22 2013 08:26 Kraelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2013 08:01 Veriol wrote:
Hey, Id like to ask how to deal with 3 base push from P. (the game is high master so it shouldnt be that painful to watch)

http://drop.sc/297425

I droned up quite okay, took reasonably fast fourth, had good infestor count but i lost to 3base immortal/blink push.

My biggest mistakes were probably the early roaches after the ling poke -> could have been eco/tech
And the very long gap on my double evo after 1/1.

I had somewhat good fight even though the flank could have been better and my ITs should have probably been more "in his face". <- that was partially caused because i thought he would go for natural so i end up in no good flank position. (but the fight is still not as bad)

Other than that im pretty clueless, if theres any major mistake Im not seeing...


Let me try to add some meaningful points.

As you said stocking up larva & only making roaches would probably have been better, but the fear of the immo/sentry allin can be strong . Aside from that you played a very good game.

I believe you lost due to a late Hive. The Protoss scouted the late GS and took the timing window to kill you.

At 10.21 you see the Protoss clearing his third so you can be sure he isn't going allin. But your infestation pit only starts at 11.26. That's 1.05 mins lost. You start your Hive 2 secs after the Pit is done so that's great. The spire/hive are ready at 14.05 and you start your GS at 14.20.

So in total your Greater Spire was delayed by 1.20 mins and pops at 16.02 when you just lost the main battle & game. I feel if the GS finished at 14.40 you could have had BL outs at 15.15, just in time to hold the Protoss allin.


Yeah it could have been it, im gonna double check if i would have had gas for the BLs inb4 the push (because my 4th was kinda delayed - i saw alot of immos).
I felt my Hive was a bit late that was probably mistake .. and probably caused because i made so many roaches focusing on agression.
Thanks Ill try to work on that.


EDIT: Do you think the roach/ling/infestor would have done it IF i had better fight? Players like HyuN/Life play later hive with more emphasis on roach/ling/infestor/(corruptor) armies with havier upgrades. The style we are discussing here is more Scarlett/Suppy style i believe.

I think i got caught up in middle of things (not fast enough BL rush(scarlett style) and not fast enough upgrades and army(hyun style)) ... So it ended up badly.
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
Henk
Profile Joined March 2012
Netherlands578 Posts
January 22 2013 00:11 GMT
#9359
So I feel rushing to hive/GS leaves you open to a huge timing window in zvp. What a lot of pros are doing, and I am doing as well, is getting spire, then getting hive afterwards to be able to get corruptors out in time for his timing attack to kill the colossi. Most tosses will scout your hive, which gives them the impulse to push.

So; hive/spire at the same time, or spire before hive?
Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 01:34:34
January 22 2013 00:37 GMT
#9360
On January 22 2013 09:11 Henk wrote:
So I feel rushing to hive/GS leaves you open to a huge timing window in zvp. What a lot of pros are doing, and I am doing as well, is getting spire, then getting hive afterwards to be able to get corruptors out in time for his timing attack to kill the colossi. Most tosses will scout your hive, which gives them the impulse to push.

So; hive/spire at the same time, or spire before hive?



Yeah this basically sums up the two different approaches of transitioning into late game. You have

1) "Scarlett" approach -> see 3rd take 4/5th base, get really fast Hive (11:30ish) make later double evo so you can supplement more Infestors (go around 10-12ish infestors) at around 14 minutes grab 4-5 spines at possible attack paths/ fighting places. Proceed to englarge the BL count slowly while getting the upgrades.

2) "HyuN" appraoch -> see 3rd make some roaches. Pressure the P be sure to take very early double evo for quick upgrades. Start 4th make some roach ling (160ish supply) start infestor pit "late" around 13 minutes+spire. Proceed to nearly max out on infestor(around 8-10)/roach/ling with decent upgrades before going into Hive. Be agressive and basically meet his push in middle of map rather than defending it.

Thats how i see it.

EDIT: The HyuN aproach is generaly better vs 3base pushes. The scarlett one is better vs P going 4th MS and late late game.
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
Prev 1 466 467 468 469 470 489 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 957
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift5179
JimRising 704
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10484
FrodaN2831
C9.Mang0285
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 43m
Replay Cast
22h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.