• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:45
CEST 11:45
KST 18:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7754 users

The Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 107

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 489 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
Sunnylol
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland9 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 16:51:06
October 24 2011 16:45 GMT
#2121
On October 25 2011 00:39 IheartBANELINGS wrote:
I'm going to need some good advice on this, im currently and have been a top 8 diamond zerg all season 2, but i think the only thing holding me back is i cant seem to finish off a terran. I can be leagues ahead but terran is just so damn hard to kill with tanks and mmm and planetarys. When they stop my broodlords with vikings or ghosts im completely lost, and they end up creeping back into the game and winning. HELP!!


Going to need you to upload a couple of replays (more than one so I can get a grasp of how your zvt games trend), because we can't give you anything but extremely general advice with the information you're providing here. I'll watch the games and give you feedback asap! (1.3k masters zerg here on EU)
aLmosTeu
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany101 Posts
October 24 2011 16:51 GMT
#2122
hey guys,
just a quick question, what unit composition you use in ZvZ, ZvT & ZvP?
Amaterasu1234
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
October 24 2011 17:57 GMT
#2123
On October 23 2011 04:02 DW-Unrec wrote:
Hey! I saved up a bunch of questions after my replay analisys.

When do I put drones back on gas and make the others geysers? My timing on this is bad because im insecure.

Assuming I want mutas to be ready after (that's the standard, right?) the possible 9 minute push. Also, how do I scout if there will be a 9 minute push? If it wont come, I'm safe to make 10 mutas and expand?

If there is no hellion at my door, can I take a third? If so,
•When do I take it?
•Do I saturate it before he does some push?


could you help me out and give some background on what precisely you're asking? Gas timings generally differ depending on what strategy you're using...which depends on what race you're up against...
IheartBANELINGS
Profile Joined October 2011
United States8 Posts
October 24 2011 18:07 GMT
#2124
On October 25 2011 01:45 Sunnylol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 00:39 IheartBANELINGS wrote:
I'm going to need some good advice on this, im currently and have been a top 8 diamond zerg all season 2, but i think the only thing holding me back is i cant seem to finish off a terran. I can be leagues ahead but terran is just so damn hard to kill with tanks and mmm and planetarys. When they stop my broodlords with vikings or ghosts im completely lost, and they end up creeping back into the game and winning. HELP!!


Going to need you to upload a couple of replays (more than one so I can get a grasp of how your zvt games trend), because we can't give you anything but extremely general advice with the information you're providing here. I'll watch the games and give you feedback asap! (1.3k masters zerg here on EU)



alright ill upload one on here in a bit and ill start saving more cause im sure ill blow a few more ZvTs tonight....no laughing at me though :3
Terran needs moar skill pl0cks
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
October 24 2011 21:24 GMT
#2125
On October 25 2011 02:57 Amaterasu1234 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 04:02 DW-Unrec wrote:
Hey! I saved up a bunch of questions after my replay analisys.

When do I put drones back on gas and make the others geysers? My timing on this is bad because im insecure.

Assuming I want mutas to be ready after (that's the standard, right?) the possible 9 minute push. Also, how do I scout if there will be a 9 minute push? If it wont come, I'm safe to make 10 mutas and expand?

If there is no hellion at my door, can I take a third? If so,
•When do I take it?
•Do I saturate it before he does some push?


could you help me out and give some background on what precisely you're asking? Gas timings generally differ depending on what strategy you're using...which depends on what race you're up against...



Sorry, I had my mind on ZvT for the whole week, i completely forgot about the other matchups. Standard ZvT, 9 minute mutas (or delay if he's pushing at 9). Assuming no roaches to break the hellion contain.
fdsdfg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1251 Posts
October 24 2011 21:34 GMT
#2126
What to do with muta upgrades in ZvT? I always get +1 attack as I build my first batch of mutas (assuming I plan on building more than 5 or so), but I see folks like Idra going double spire sometimes, and getting upgrades constantly.

I always seem to have to cancel (or not get) an upgrade if I'm planning on getting Broodlords, and air upgrades don't seem as important once they're out.

Any advice on their upgrades and how you see them would help =)
aka Siyko
boon2537
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States905 Posts
October 24 2011 21:52 GMT
#2127
When and how should zerg sac an overlord in ZvT and ZvP ?
VoirDire
Profile Joined February 2009
Sweden1923 Posts
October 25 2011 01:36 GMT
#2128
On October 25 2011 06:52 boon2537 wrote:
When and how should zerg sac an overlord in ZvT and ZvP ?

ZvP 7:00 vs FE. 5:30 vs 1 base. ZvT not worth it in normal circumstances. But if he's still on 1 base by the 6:00 mark you could sacrifice an OL.
VoirDire
Profile Joined February 2009
Sweden1923 Posts
October 25 2011 01:39 GMT
#2129
Any Zerg who has done any testing on whether to place 3rd hatchery or build 2nd queen first vs a protoss FE when going for 3 base?
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 07:14:29
October 25 2011 07:11 GMT
#2130
Is it possible to beat a terran that has 15 hellions, 8 thors and ~6 banshees? At all? I sent in 46 roaches, 20 banes 10 speedlings and about 8 mutas (banshees forced SOME mutas, though I screwed up with the micro) and lost everything... he lost 13 hellions and 3 thors....

the cloaked banshees are able to snipe any extra expansions really really quick if you try muta harassment, and can still get away from overseers when they see them coming.

I mean, you need mass mass roaches to beat thor/hellion... but you also need a lot of antiair to deal with that many banshees... and in the end mutas suck up a ton of the gas needed for roaches and more upgrades too. Is there a better alternative to dealing with the banshees?

When I watch the replay I realize I couldve won had I gone roaches much earlier and just attacked, but I am just wondering what exactly can beat that money composition should things ever get to that point again.
CrueltY
Profile Joined March 2011
Guernsey37 Posts
October 25 2011 09:53 GMT
#2131
I have begun delaying my gas in my recent ZvTs, in order to drone harder, but have been having a hard time holding hellion harrass. As my ling speed is delayed, how should I defend early hellion pokes without roach/ling numbers?

Also, just another quick one, what should trigger me to switch into roaches when T does a hellion opener?

Thanks,
CrueltY
All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
-KarakStarcraft-
Profile Joined September 2010
United States258 Posts
October 25 2011 10:17 GMT
#2132
On October 25 2011 10:39 VoirDire wrote:
Any Zerg who has done any testing on whether to place 3rd hatchery or build 2nd queen first vs a protoss FE when going for 3 base?


Nestea builds his 2nd queen first.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
October 25 2011 10:24 GMT
#2133
On October 25 2011 18:53 CrueltY wrote:
I have begun delaying my gas in my recent ZvTs, in order to drone harder, but have been having a hard time holding hellion harrass. As my ling speed is delayed, how should I defend early hellion pokes without roach/ling numbers?

Also, just another quick one, what should trigger me to switch into roaches when T does a hellion opener?

Thanks,
CrueltY

I am not very top but generally it would be safer to drop one spine a little bit after the pool is up, because without speed, you can be quite vulnerable to strong pressure.
As for defense, I find 2 spines in good positions and 2 queens at natural really good at defending almost any number of hellions unless he is having 4+ where he can just force his way through your queens.
So it is better to get 3 or 4 roaches just to make sure you can get some map control back
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
October 25 2011 10:42 GMT
#2134
On October 25 2011 19:17 Karak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 10:39 VoirDire wrote:
Any Zerg who has done any testing on whether to place 3rd hatchery or build 2nd queen first vs a protoss FE when going for 3 base?


Nestea builds his 2nd queen first.


Most European pros prefer to get the hatch down asap. 4:00-4:30, sometimes even cutting both queens.
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
October 25 2011 11:11 GMT
#2135
On October 25 2011 16:11 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Is it possible to beat a terran that has 15 hellions, 8 thors and ~6 banshees? At all? I sent in 46 roaches, 20 banes 10 speedlings and about 8 mutas (banshees forced SOME mutas, though I screwed up with the micro) and lost everything... he lost 13 hellions and 3 thors....

the cloaked banshees are able to snipe any extra expansions really really quick if you try muta harassment, and can still get away from overseers when they see them coming.

I mean, you need mass mass roaches to beat thor/hellion... but you also need a lot of antiair to deal with that many banshees... and in the end mutas suck up a ton of the gas needed for roaches and more upgrades too. Is there a better alternative to dealing with the banshees?

When I watch the replay I realize I couldve won had I gone roaches much earlier and just attacked, but I am just wondering what exactly can beat that money composition should things ever get to that point again.


Infestors instead of mutas for fungal. You don't want mutas in that scenario. Just get some spores and extra queens against banshees. Also, festors shut those down too when you get them, spores and queens delay them in the mean time. Don't get mutas against mech.
Limpo
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden25 Posts
October 25 2011 11:11 GMT
#2136
Is there anyway to skip banelings in a zvz. Ive been losing alot recently against banelings because my micro with them is rly bad.

Hatch first + roach or something please give me some suggestions!
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
October 25 2011 11:50 GMT
#2137
On October 25 2011 20:11 Limpo wrote:
Is there anyway to skip banelings in a zvz. Ive been losing alot recently against banelings because my micro with them is rly bad.

Hatch first + roach or something please give me some suggestions!


Hatch first +roach warren + queens is going to leave an opening for a 14/14 baneling all in Like 30 game sec. Which is alot of time.

Hatch first + roach warren + 1 queen is faster. But its worse vs a 14/14 sling all in.

The spanishiwa build, which is older meta game, 4 queens, 1-3 spines, block the ramp. can hold 14/14 all in

HOWEVER the problem with all of these builds is it is hard to pressure your enemy zerg. So a good zerg will see what you are doing and drone hard. and you will be behind in the mid game.

Try playing defensive baneling with a spine, Hatch first or pool first. ZVZ is very micro intensive sadly.

d3d1cat3d
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 13:50:25
October 25 2011 13:49 GMT
#2138
Hi there, I prefer to use ling, bling, roach in ZvT but when they start to harass with drops I have a lot of trouble and I don't know if the answer is going ling, bling, muta or not.

How do I deal with Terran's drops efficiently with only ling, bling, roach or is muta the only 'real' solution?
freewareplayer
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany403 Posts
October 25 2011 14:01 GMT
#2139
On October 25 2011 20:11 d00p wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 16:11 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Is it possible to beat a terran that has 15 hellions, 8 thors and ~6 banshees? At all? I sent in 46 roaches, 20 banes 10 speedlings and about 8 mutas (banshees forced SOME mutas, though I screwed up with the micro) and lost everything... he lost 13 hellions and 3 thors....

the cloaked banshees are able to snipe any extra expansions really really quick if you try muta harassment, and can still get away from overseers when they see them coming.

I mean, you need mass mass roaches to beat thor/hellion... but you also need a lot of antiair to deal with that many banshees... and in the end mutas suck up a ton of the gas needed for roaches and more upgrades too. Is there a better alternative to dealing with the banshees?

When I watch the replay I realize I couldve won had I gone roaches much earlier and just attacked, but I am just wondering what exactly can beat that money composition should things ever get to that point again.


Infestors instead of mutas for fungal. You don't want mutas in that scenario. Just get some spores and extra queens against banshees. Also, festors shut those down too when you get them, spores and queens delay them in the mean time. Don't get mutas against mech.

Thats just bad advice, in this scenario, infestor wont handle the banshees at all, you make a new expansion, and he instant snipes it with banshees. You cant run around the map chasing banshees with some infestors. In a straight up fight the infestors will be way better, but if you do that, you will never get past 3 or even 2 bases, while he happily turtles.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
October 25 2011 17:12 GMT
#2140
Hi guys, I faced this terran a few weeks back then, who went for typical fast reactor hellion and expanded.
I didn't get roache warren since I was going for fast muta and I had enough queens and spines that should fend off around 6 hellions.
But then I sac an overlord and saw he had a starport and tech lab. I dropped one spore per base and with 4 queens, I was feeling confident.

Then he came with 4 banshees and I immediately knew I couldn't defend against it with just 4queens.
Since my macro hatch was just half way done, I could only get 2 more queen out at a time.

He sniped my spire and after a prolong struggle, I managed to drop a spire with my overlord creep outside my base and killed off his 4 banshees, but then he pushed out with thors and marines and so I gg'd out

I am wondering how do you deal with fast 2 port banshee like that? it seems a fast lair tech is the only way or tonnes of queens? (but if he had more banshees than you had queens, the new queen will just get sniped)

其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 489 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko78
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1173
actioN 1169
Shuttle 746
Jaedong 509
Mong 370
Hyuk 348
BeSt 338
Hyun 258
Soma 209
Horang2 204
[ Show more ]
Stork 141
Larva 106
PianO 92
Sexy 86
Bisu 69
Rush 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
910 55
Shinee 34
ZerO 30
Bale 27
sSak 25
ZergMaN 24
Hm[arnc] 23
hero 21
Sharp 21
HiyA 17
sorry 17
Yoon 15
Noble 12
Pusan 10
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe106
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1172
shoxiejesuss1168
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King322
Other Games
gofns40981
summit1g7507
singsing999
ceh9593
KnowMe146
Pyrionflax133
DeMusliM60
Livibee57
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1054
• Stunt339
Other Games
• Shiphtur340
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 15m
Patches Events
6h 15m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.