• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:10
CEST 06:10
KST 13:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10287 users

[G] +1/Shield TvP - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
June 06 2010 14:31 GMT
#41
every 3 rax push can be held by forcefield if u dont play on lousy maps that is.
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
mrlie3
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada350 Posts
June 06 2010 14:32 GMT
#42
On June 06 2010 23:31 {ToT}ColmA wrote:
every 3 rax push can be held by forcefield if u dont play on lousy maps that is.


That's why I think this build needs 1 Ghost...
Crimson @ Clan CORE | ESFI World Translator
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 14:57:51
June 06 2010 14:57 GMT
#43
I remember when I used to do this build in the early days of the beta.

It was alright, and it really caught the Protoss off guard if he/she wasn't careful. Unfortunately though, I think that it's not the greatest asset because since the norm at this moment is infinite stalkers and sentries + blink, your marines will just mauled apart. Granted your marines are stronger, but decently microed Stalkers will be too much for them, even with marauder support.

But in all honesty, I might try this out one game. I've been fiddling with a lot of stupid TvP builds, as every single matchup I sort of randomly execute a build order and somehow get by.

EDIT: And I agree. Get a ghost somewhere in this build. Maybe sacrifice a marauder or two for that ghost academy and then save up for a ghost. I don't know how you would fit a ghost in here, but I did once with mild success. ><
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Ai.Cola
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany236 Posts
June 06 2010 15:54 GMT
#44
Heyho, unfortunatly I couldnt try the build today because I palyed in the zotac cup today and kept casting games after I got kicked out.

But for all the people who didn't read it I wont to point out again that I posted a good way to play 1/1/ against protoss (somebody asked about it)

And also that I said (and still think) that this build is gonna be a good opener to not die against early pushes and get an expasion up safe.

You should aim it more towards expanding, not towards attacking (only threatening an attack)

the things that make it "better" than the tlo build is that you dont give away your plan right away and you are a little safer against early pushes.

Also your opponent cannot just expand himself right away.

And last but not least I think it is easier to do.
check out my stream: http://www.own3d.tv/live/103247/Alien-Invasion_Cola HotS Terran, Grandmaster
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 19:11:07
June 06 2010 19:10 GMT
#45
The main reason I made the build was because Immortals were such a problem at one point.
There is no doubt that sentries are a problem for infantry pushes (involving ramps)!
I also found it useful for that VoidRay shit Protoss was doing forever. Those 2 things are the reason I have used this build for so long.

edit: Like Cola said it's very nice to make sure Toss cant get quicker 2 base, as well.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
shimpoe
Profile Joined May 2010
88 Posts
June 06 2010 19:20 GMT
#46
While I haven't tried this specific build yet (although I do intend to!) I wanted to say that the OP in this thread is a great example of how a guide should look! very good layout and overall thoroughness (if that's a word)
Darthturtle
Profile Joined May 2009
United States718 Posts
June 06 2010 19:32 GMT
#47
On June 07 2010 00:54 Cola.bier wrote:And last but not least I think it is easier to do.


Probably the biggest reason why I like bio play. Until protoss gets templar, you don't really have to worry about a majority of P's tech, and you can just 1a and stim every so often for decent results.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings119
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 285
NeuroSwarm 178
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 310
hero 65
sorry 20
Bale 13
Terrorterran 11
ZergMaN 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1050
League of Legends
JimRising 735
Counter-Strike
taco 435
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King186
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde199
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• Berry_CruncH89
• practicex 26
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1152
• Rush956
• Stunt181
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 50m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.