• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:40
CEST 18:40
KST 01:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8595 users

[M] 1v1 - wrl Castaway - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
SanDokaN_X
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria69 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 23:06:39
July 16 2011 22:19 GMT
#21
Perfectly mirrored, cliffs and levels look natural, expansions and resource nodes are great at size and not clumsy at all (btw this is one of the problems a lot of maps today have).
Terrain usage at the ramps and bases is also very good, have you done serious mapping before? If you have some other maps, put a link in the OP, so we can see them.
Map seems suitable for ladder pool, as it can provide a lot of different strategies. Medium rush distance with a lot of resources - some of them easy to defend, others - not so much. May even turn out to be more balanced than the current Blizzard maps.
Good work on that map. You must have put at least 100 hours of editing in it, as I'm doing a 256X256 map for quite a lot and still haven't finished it.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In Soviet Russa, The Poem writes you!
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
July 16 2011 22:39 GMT
#22
I've posted a couple other maps in this forum, but I was still learning how to map properly for sc2 and I'm not all that proud of them. I've made maps for WC3 and Counter-Strike in the past, but nothing serious.

In this case I focused on creating the perfect tileset and theme, but couldn't find a layout I liked. I ended up just taking the tileset and applying it on top of a layout I already had.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=234551 is what it looked like before I de-uglified and balanced it.
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 22:54:10
July 16 2011 22:50 GMT
#23
"balanced" it? It looks exactly the same to me lol
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 23:08:57
July 16 2011 23:08 GMT
#24
On July 17 2011 07:50 IronManSC wrote:
"balanced" it? It looks exactly the same, just different tileset and stuff lol


1. Moved the farthest expansion a bit farther back and expanded that space a bit.
2. Rocks removed from closer 3rd along with 2 minerals and a gas to give a more interesting decision for a 3rd.
3. Main is significantly smaller allowing zerg to scout more easily.
4. Main connects to ground in a 2nd position to support interesting reaper/colo/blink stalker play.
5. Middle LOSB objects moved a bit.
6. Towers moved, they now are perfectly flush with the edge of the middle path and the edge of the far LOSB objects.

Mostly small things, but it was a good design with a bad aesthetic so I resurrected it. Don't hate.
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
SanDokaN_X
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria69 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 23:17:42
July 16 2011 23:14 GMT
#25
On July 17 2011 07:39 wrl wrote:
I've posted a couple other maps in this forum, but I was still learning how to map properly for sc2 and I'm not all that proud of them. I've made maps for WC3 and Counter-Strike in the past, but nothing serious.

In this case I focused on creating the perfect tileset and theme, but couldn't find a layout I liked. I ended up just taking the tileset and applying it on top of a layout I already had.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=234551 is what it looked like before I de-uglified and balanced it.

In this case you have chosen the perfect set of textures and cliffs, Korhal manmade cliffs are kind of hard to make good looking and you have to make Skyscraper cliffs instead.
I personally prefer the Bel'shir tileset mixed with some other textures and cliffs (like Typhon and Aiur).
It is very also shitty when you are mirroring the map, you have to make again all the tiny adjustments to the textures (for example the grass and the tiles border). btw, do you copy-paste-rotate mirror the map or do it manually?
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In Soviet Russa, The Poem writes you!
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
July 16 2011 23:32 GMT
#26
Not hatin ^^ Just don't see any big changes or differences lol
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
July 18 2011 04:33 GMT
#27
I think you should put the XWT's on the other side of that LOS wall near the edge, closer to that low-ground expansion. It just feels too easy to secure it when you take a gold and it feels really really close.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-30 23:37:54
July 30 2011 23:35 GMT
#28
New version out:

*More tuning on textures.
*Subtle height tool all over to improve natural appearance of map.
*Invisible bunker blocker at base of ramp (equivalent to a lowered depot).
*Slightly fixed LOSB at naturals so that both sides can fit two barracks comfortably.
*Second water type added. Outside is choppier wavey water, inside is calmer clear water.
*Adjustments made for people playing on low graphics.

In regards to the LOS/XWT discussion, I think it really requires playing the map, everything fits in very tightly and I would hesitate to adjust it without a lot of games played to give me a better idea of the ups and downs. If you try to hunker down and secure the gold and the area behind the LOSB I feel like you will end up leaving your flank dangerously open.

Please take a look if you are on North America and pick out any issues you can find, great or small as I try to get this map ready for MotM8.
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
Temporarykid
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada362 Posts
July 31 2011 00:50 GMT
#29
Is it possible for you to rename doodads? I don't know if it can be done because I haven't played with the editor, but if you can then you should hide an easter egg on the map! (I was thinking a beach ball or critter that looks like one named 'Wilson'?)
ㅈㅈ
sunman1g
Profile Joined May 2011
United States334 Posts
July 31 2011 01:30 GMT
#30
This map looks beautiful. Great job.
I wish Blizzard did great-looking maps like this one.. instead of the VERY boring grey-blue colored stuff they keep throwing at us
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
July 31 2011 02:29 GMT
#31
On July 31 2011 10:30 sunman1g wrote:
This map looks beautiful. Great job.
I wish Blizzard did great-looking maps like this one.. instead of the VERY boring grey-blue colored stuff they keep throwing at us

one of the rare things id wish blizzard did better... but yeah this map looks great.
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
July 31 2011 03:05 GMT
#32
On July 31 2011 09:50 Temporarykid wrote:
Is it possible for you to rename doodads? I don't know if it can be done because I haven't played with the editor, but if you can then you should hide an easter egg on the map! (I was thinking a beach ball or critter that looks like one named 'Wilson'?)


This definitely can and will be done for the motm version
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
July 31 2011 22:11 GMT
#33
I've added a custom soundtrack! Took some piecing together of lots of different audio files, but I think the result is pretty good. There really aren't any soundtracks that come with the game that worked with an ocean theme.

Let me know what you think!
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
Proko
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1022 Posts
August 02 2011 21:29 GMT
#34
I really like this map. I plan to play it tonight.
Caster duos should compliment each others' strengths. "You look very handsome today, Tasteless."
CeliosB
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada100 Posts
August 14 2011 02:34 GMT
#35
looks a little week for zerg but overall a nice looking map, i would maybe try to make a fourth that is easier to secure

(love the beach look by the way)
"To ze bank" -Stephano
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1205
ComeBackTV 1161
SteadfastSC976
TaKeTV 575
IndyStarCraft 216
Rex155
EnkiAlexander 82
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 976
IndyStarCraft 216
Rex 155
ProTech141
BRAT_OK 29
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43909
Bisu 1688
Shuttle 629
EffOrt 607
BeSt 461
Larva 455
Soma 368
Mini 360
Light 284
ZerO 188
[ Show more ]
Rush 181
Hyuk 111
firebathero 85
Dewaltoss 71
Mong 66
Pusan 52
Sexy 32
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 21
Terrorterran 17
Bale 17
yabsab 14
Rock 14
Shine 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
qojqva1805
Counter-Strike
fl0m1266
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1188
Other Games
hiko1427
FrodaN1001
DeMusliM352
Livibee183
ArmadaUGS172
KnowMe128
XaKoH 109
QueenE88
Mew2King78
C9.Mang070
XBOCT37
ZerO(Twitch)12
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 38
• StrangeGG 31
• Hinosc 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3193
Other Games
• Shiphtur354
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 21m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 21m
Online Event
18h 21m
FEL
23h 21m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.