• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:11
CEST 06:11
KST 13:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10406 users

[UMS] Darglein's Micro Trainer - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
November 14 2011 21:26 GMT
#221
On November 15 2011 00:06 ShoWTimE94 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 23:05 ZenithM wrote:
On October 14 2011 05:04 darglein wrote:
On October 14 2011 03:42 ZenithM wrote:
Hi Darglein,

I don't know if it has already been said, but in "Forcefield survival", every time you'll have to defend the bigger ramp (double forcefield), one of your sentries will gain 100 energy instead of 50. So it's a big tell and you can prepare too easily I think (even trying to ignoring it, the purple bars make it obvious): if a sentry only gain 50 after you're done defending a tiny ramp, basically it's one of the other two tiny ramps, so it's not stressful at all.

Couldn't you just refill with 100 energy AFTERWARDS whenever you had to defend the big ramp and 50 if it was a tiny one?
Also I would allow the banelings to go up the same ramp twice. Keeps you on the egde

Very nice work on your map, it's really helpful and spot on training

On another note, I'm barely cost effective in the "Blinstalkers" one. It's fucking hard, really pushes you to your limits :D


forcefield survival is a challenge for beginners, because a lot of new players lose games because they dont hit the forcefield , when there is only one ramp (main base). if the challenge is too easy for you then sorry about that, i wont make it harder.

to the thing with the energy: you need the energy before you cast the forcefields. there would be the possibilty to change it, but as mentioned above the challenge is forr beginners and they dont watch on how much energy will get.


Ok, no problem, thanks for answering
As the level didn't change, I figured it would be more like the basics of forcefielding ramps rather than some sick unbeatable challenge. We have the other challenges for that


if it is too easy for you, maybe you should try it with creep + speed banelings? you have to be pretty good with forcefields to prevent your sentries from dying.
i´m doing this for warm up nearly every day because you have to be fast and precise with your ff. i wouldnt say it´s too easy or anything. (high master protoss btw.)

Hehe, try doing in with creep + speed with good ol' Aussie lag T_T
Emporio
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3069 Posts
November 15 2011 07:36 GMT
#222
When I think of Zerg micro, I expected to see Zergling vs baneling micro. Is that actually included and I'm blind or is it a potential addition?
How does it feel knowing you wasted another 3 seconds of your life reading this again?
darglein
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany89 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 22:53:41
December 08 2011 22:50 GMT
#223
hi,
after about 4 month I finally made a new version.
the new version contains a few bug fixes and a really hard bonus challenge

change log:
+ Show Spoiler +

v.1.11

*added Bonus Challenge for the guys with top 3 unit control
*fixed attack AI bug in "TvZ Timing Push"
*fixed trigger error bug that occured in the chose menu
*title in loading screen is now at the right position


if you want to ask why i just now made a new version, you have to thank the creator of this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=283381
that finally gave me the motivation to update my map.

i hope it will be uploaded to the others servers (eu already up ofc) soon.

darglein
Nerv3
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany36 Posts
December 10 2011 12:44 GMT
#224
Seems I don't have top 3 unit control. :/
The bonus challenge is great, wonder if anyone is able to beat it, perhaps HuK or White-Ra
More gg more skill :)
tarpman
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada723 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 06:22:35
December 11 2011 06:18 GMT
#225
Darglein, thanks for the great map! I am in severe danger of becoming addicted to it

Is there a thread somewhere with guides on how to approach the scenarios? I searched briefly but didn't find one. I have been working on the Zerg scenarios but the help note are not really helping me much e.g. stuck on lvl 7 juicy marines and can't even beat lvl 2 deathball... tips anyone?

also is there some idea of what level you should be able to reach based on what league you are in? it'd be nice to know how my micro compares to other people in my league (diamond)... so far my highest level is the 7 on juicy marines


edit: it's funny you know... a lot of these I have never thought of as 'micro' situations... deathball vs deathball or army vs standing base I never try to approach with micro, instead I sit back and try to make more units than the opponent... it's interesting to be forced into working with what I have

edit2: LOL I can't even beat level 1 on the infestor scenario... omfg how did I get to diamond being so bad
Saving the world, one kilobyte at a time.
SC2ShoWTimE
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany722 Posts
December 11 2011 11:23 GMT
#226
the bonus challenge is pretty hard ^^
i won only 1 time from maybe ~20 attemps >.<
Progamer
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
December 12 2011 01:45 GMT
#227
On December 11 2011 15:18 tarpman wrote:
Darglein, thanks for the great map! I am in severe danger of becoming addicted to it

Is there a thread somewhere with guides on how to approach the scenarios? I searched briefly but didn't find one. I have been working on the Zerg scenarios but the help note are not really helping me much e.g. stuck on lvl 7 juicy marines and can't even beat lvl 2 deathball... tips anyone?

also is there some idea of what level you should be able to reach based on what league you are in? it'd be nice to know how my micro compares to other people in my league (diamond)... so far my highest level is the 7 on juicy marines


edit: it's funny you know... a lot of these I have never thought of as 'micro' situations... deathball vs deathball or army vs standing base I never try to approach with micro, instead I sit back and try to make more units than the opponent... it's interesting to be forced into working with what I have

edit2: LOL I can't even beat level 1 on the infestor scenario... omfg how did I get to diamond being so bad


I find the infestor scenario quite tough as well. kind of a strange one in that you don't get burrow, and infestors are never used without burrow. maybe assaulting some kind of fortified position would be a better one for infestors.
sechkie
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States334 Posts
December 12 2011 03:08 GMT
#228
how do you play the bonus challenge?
tarpman
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada723 Posts
December 13 2011 22:07 GMT
#229
On December 12 2011 10:45 Eschaton wrote:
I find the infestor scenario quite tough as well. kind of a strange one in that you don't get burrow, and infestors are never used without burrow. maybe assaulting some kind of fortified position would be a better one for infestors.


they aren't? I don't think I have ever actually researched burrow in a ladder game and yet infestor is my most used unit... maybe I should look into that >_> thanks for the suggestion!

btw still addicted to this map... slowly getting better at most of them
Saving the world, one kilobyte at a time.
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 00:03:19
December 14 2011 00:02 GMT
#230
Hi Darglein, thank you very much for the awesome training map.

I feel that the TvP deathball scenario is only somewhat helpful right now.

I wish that you would add a few more ghosts, and add in HTs on the protoss side. I think that its pretty inaccurate to a real game engagement to have so few ghosts and to have no HTs.

Also it would be helpful if the engagement area was a little bigger, but the other 2 issues are the most important and I think (hope) pretty easy to change.

Other then that great map, very helpful for practicing my TvZ micro.
Thobrik
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1120 Posts
December 14 2011 00:52 GMT
#231
On December 10 2011 21:44 Nerv3 wrote:
Seems I don't have top 3 unit control. :/
The bonus challenge is great, wonder if anyone is able to beat it, perhaps HuK or White-Ra


How many round is there? I just won the first one thinking that was the whole challenge, only to be faced by 11 stalkers instead
"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, Religion is answers that may never be questioned."
InvXXVII
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada242 Posts
December 20 2011 14:53 GMT
#232
Hi! Just wanted to say that this ums is awesome I spend hours playing on it (and I usually really dislike playing ums) because it helps me in my game. I was just wondering if in the future you could include some sort of load out so that we could set our control groups before the units swarm in? Again, awesommmmeee map :D
A good loser is still a loser.
hooktits
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States972 Posts
December 27 2011 18:01 GMT
#233
I just have to say i discovered this last night, it is the most bad ass and well done solo micro trainer out there, will use all the time ^_^ thx so much for making it u the man
Hooktits of Tits gaming @hooktits twit
GiMMiK
Profile Joined June 2011
United States43 Posts
December 29 2011 09:17 GMT
#234
I'd love to see a few more mirror match-up scenarios. In my opinion zvz and pvp are the most micro intensive match-ups especially. I'd love to see some drone splitting, ling vs ling, ling vs bane, bane vs bane, all that stuff. It would seriously be helpful to be able to get a better sense of zvz micro.

Other than that fantastic map! Love the amount of detail you put into it. Huge fan!
I miss the Nestea glory days. :)
Sportnlife
Profile Joined December 2011
United States7 Posts
December 30 2011 16:00 GMT
#235
I've played this a couple of times. I usually play a few rounds while I'm waiting for my friends to get online. Really great map :D
Redx
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands77 Posts
December 30 2011 16:38 GMT
#236
Thanks for putting the effort in it, i noticed the map first and played it a couple of times already. Then i saw this thread, nice work man!
We live our truest life when we are in dreams awake
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
January 03 2012 23:54 GMT
#237
Is there a way to change the game speed to fastest? Seems like its locked at "fast" which seems like a bad thing to practice on. There's a copy of this mod by someone who's name starts with a G. Should we just use that?
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
fenix404
Profile Joined May 2011
United States305 Posts
January 09 2012 00:47 GMT
#238
you can change the game speed before you start the map, unfortunately, it's default is fast, not faster, which is very easy to spot.

i would like to see an 2.0 micro trainer, with different challenges and more difficult ones.

gj tho love it!
"think for yourself, question authority"
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
January 11 2012 05:35 GMT
#239
On January 09 2012 09:47 fenix404 wrote:
you can change the game speed before you start the map, unfortunately, it's default is fast, not faster, which is very easy to spot.

i would like to see an 2.0 micro trainer, with different challenges and more difficult ones.

gj tho love it!


Yeah, my problem was that i was doing "join game" instead of "create game" so the game speed was locked on fast. In creat its unlocked.

Anyway, its an awesome mod. So many really great things to train. My tank/marine micro vs. muta ling bling is 500% better now!
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
qxc
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States550 Posts
January 11 2012 12:25 GMT
#240
I laughed when I broke level 20 on the marine vs baneling and I got the following msg
"You are mkp"
ProgamerDesigner of Aeon's End
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings119
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 285
NeuroSwarm 178
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 310
hero 65
sorry 20
Bale 13
Terrorterran 11
ZergMaN 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1050
League of Legends
JimRising 735
Counter-Strike
taco 435
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King186
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde199
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• Berry_CruncH89
• practicex 26
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1152
• Rush956
• Stunt181
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 49m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.