• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:48
CEST 20:48
KST 03:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9081 users

Melee Map Testing

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Normal
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-10 18:19:34
December 10 2010 17:56 GMT
#1
--- Nuked ---
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-10 18:19:47
December 10 2010 17:56 GMT
#2
--- Nuked ---
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 07:15:38
December 10 2010 18:15 GMT
#3
Volta.296
Zerg
Diamond 2000+
10pm-2am EST, (thats when im almost always on.)
If im online theres a good chance ill test the map.
US Server
Volta.809 (PTR)
Comments:
-Im fairly good with zerg, but i can play the other races.
-Like i said before, if im online, ill play.

+ Show Spoiler +

/// this is a good idea, i hope in the future whenever someone wants to have their map tested, they go online and have 5 or 6 people just ready to do so.

FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
December 10 2010 18:19 GMT
#4
Just wait for the chatchannels. Shouldn't be a problem then.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-10 18:20:44
December 10 2010 18:19 GMT
#5
--- Nuked ---
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 10 2010 18:29 GMT
#6
On December 11 2010 03:19 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
Just wait for the chatchannels. Shouldn't be a problem then.

but for right now its a good idea.
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 10 2010 21:33 GMT
#7
How about we just decide on a name for the chat channel?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 10 2010 21:59 GMT
#8
On December 11 2010 06:33 BoomStevo wrote:
How about we just decide on a name for the chat channel?

That would be cool, but i dont know how to make one on the ptr.
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
December 10 2010 22:12 GMT
#9
is it possible to play custom maps on PTR?
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
BuuGhost
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands340 Posts
December 10 2010 23:48 GMT
#10
As far as im informed its inpossible to upload or make maps in the PTR.
"Kinda like this thing but there’s something you should know, I just came to say hello."
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 11 2010 00:08 GMT
#11
Ill be on the regular servers for most of tonight if people want their maps tested out. would be cool to get some king of the hill type deals on each map
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
December 11 2010 00:31 GMT
#12
Teddy.548
Protoss
Gold
Various times. I don't really have much of a schedule.
I usually have nothing better to do so if I'm online I'll most likely be willing
North America

Comments: Obviously I'd just be testing maps for fun. Don't expect any serious balance tests going on from me.
lurkerbelow
Profile Joined April 2010
United States13 Posts
December 11 2010 04:36 GMT
#13
phrozenlurkr 137
not very good so fun testing
i make some maps also if u want to them out
and if you want me to do terrain for your map (i can do some data editing but not much)
Archivian
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom362 Posts
December 11 2010 12:24 GMT
#14
So if there is any maps we would like tested we should post a link here?

Also is thre any additional information that testers would want to know about a map that is not always put in a map thread?

Finally should map makers specify if the map that they want tested is intended to be a competition map or a fun map , or should the later never be posted in this thread in the first place?

Basically what is the best format for this thread when advertising a map to be tested. Some testers might post with LOTS of info that isnt needed or nothing other than a top down view, there may be periods where lots of makers finish their projects or just a few finish lots of projects in close proximity and could flood the thread.

The easier it is for testers too look through maps that interest them and glean info the better.

any suggestions?
"you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Micheal Caine
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 11 2010 15:35 GMT
#15
On December 11 2010 21:24 Archivian wrote:
So if there is any maps we would like tested we should post a link here?

Also is thre any additional information that testers would want to know about a map that is not always put in a map thread?

Finally should map makers specify if the map that they want tested is intended to be a competition map or a fun map , or should the later never be posted in this thread in the first place?

Basically what is the best format for this thread when advertising a map to be tested. Some testers might post with LOTS of info that isnt needed or nothing other than a top down view, there may be periods where lots of makers finish their projects or just a few finish lots of projects in close proximity and could flood the thread.

The easier it is for testers too look through maps that interest them and glean info the better.

any suggestions?

if someone from this thread is on and you want your map tested just hit them up on b.net.
mangoloid
Profile Joined September 2010
100 Posts
December 13 2010 06:52 GMT
#16
pear.609
Terran
Platinum 800+ (I don't ladder 1v1 much, so this doesn't say anything)
Evening - late night MT
NA Server
Happy to test any maps if I am not busy.


I'm new to SC2 map-making, but I would like to give it a shot. I am sure I will need help on the way, so I would like to do this as a way to meet other map makers and learn the process of developing a good map. I don't have any maps to test at the moment, but I am happy to see what others are making and give what input I can. ^_^
jdsarge
Profile Joined October 2010
United States308 Posts
December 13 2010 07:11 GMT
#17
jdsarge.987
Terran
Diamond 1400+
Generally whenever
NA Server

I guess just email me a map and I'll have a go at it with a friend.
I'm just interested into seeing what new maps the community can make, as I am really sick of the current ladder map pool. I'm more than confident the community can generate some incredible maps that will be used in future big tournaments (MLG, GSL, ESL, etc) and I want to be part of the process that gets them created!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 18:29:22
December 13 2010 08:46 GMT
#18
omne.150
Protoss
Diamond 1850
3pm-3am randomly PST
available as long as nothing else is happening
NA


I have a folio of half finished maps that I'll foist on you, but I'm perfectly willing to play whatever maps people want to play on. The more I play 3rd party maps the better I can evaluate maps in general. Map makers should definitely talk to me if they want to test their map, especially for basic protoss stuff. Map testers should definitely talk to me if they want some competition on a map they're having fun with.

We should have a list of participants in a single resource, like edited into the OP?

It will obviously be way better when we can congregate in a channel. I for one will plan on camping there 24/7. But even so, compiling a list here will be useful.

Miscellaneous remark: I often have one or two people on my friends list online and willing to play non-ladder maps in an play/obs game. But it's hard to find people of matching skill levels. This doesn't matter as much when you're play/obs'ing for fun, but it's not as useful when looking for balance / expansion pattern type issues. So gathering up people will be great! Even bronze matches can tell you a lot about a map!
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 13 2010 09:43 GMT
#19
On December 13 2010 17:46 EatThePath wrote:
I'm going to join the list, I'll edit in the info.

We should have a list of participants in a single resource, like edited into the OP?

It will obviously be way better when we can congregate in a channel. I for one will plan on camping there 24/7. But even so, compiling a list here will be useful.

Miscellaneous remark: I often have one or two people on my friends list online and willing to play non-ladder maps in an play/obs game. But it's hard to find people of matching skill levels. This doesn't matter as much when you're play/obs'ing for fun, but it's not as useful when looking for balance / expansion pattern type issues. So gathering up people will be great! Even bronze matches can tell you a lot about a map!

I agree with everything you said cant wait till chat channels become for realz. not PTR.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 19:43:57
December 14 2010 19:43 GMT
#20
Antares.811
Zerg
Platinum ~Rank 25 (haven't been on in months, rank means little)
Random Times after 3:00 on Weekdays EST
Random Times on Weekends EST


I will test for fun and for whatever you really need to test. My best and favorite race is Zerg, but if you need me to, I can play Protoss a little and Terran really badly.

*If you want to do testing with me, you will have a better chance getting a hold of me if you send me a pm.*
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
December 15 2010 01:39 GMT
#21
GWen.324
Random ~1k (i'm not awful at this game i promise!)
Weekday Est 6-10PM
NA & EU


Pm me here if you want to test on EU.
ESV Mapmaking Team
Archivian
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom362 Posts
December 18 2010 03:23 GMT
#22
Hi guys,

I made a map called [M]Archi - Abandon, and if anyone is willing to try it out for fun, or to look at it with a much more critical eye that would be great. Details of the map are in the thread linked, along with what I was aiming for. It is only available on the EU server at the moment. Though if requested I should be able to upload it somewhere.

If you guys are interested please try it out and say what you think of it. If you do have any replays that you want to send me that would be great, just PM me.

If you feel it is not worth the time to test, thats ok but please say why so i know for next time.

thanks guys.
"you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Micheal Caine
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 05:22:52
December 18 2010 05:22 GMT
#23
Antares.811
Don't know my points, but my rank is ~25 Platinum
Zerg
NA Server
Anytime as long as you have an appointment


PM me here if you want to test anything (make an appointment), because otherwise I do not really play SCII that much, so I cannot give an actual time. I can give really good feedback (or so I think) about maps, and I know somewhat about aesthetics.

Personally I'd love to test out anyone's map when I can!

EDIT: I'm not actually very good at the game, mostly because I don't play it that much, but I consider myself to be at an ok level.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
December 20 2010 04:11 GMT
#24
--- Nuked ---
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 23 2010 03:07 GMT
#25
Hey guys, I'm working on a new map, and I need a few people to test. Your rank isn't as important to me as your skill, so send me a replay if you're interested and i'll check it out. email igrok.motm@gmail.com and include your name, #, and a replay or two that shows your typical play. If you play random, mention that. Thanks.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 30 2010 04:34 GMT
#26
Aright, I need help testing out a map. My NA b.net account is Volta.296. I cant publish it publicly and am sick of playing vs the comps. ( also, its a small map so if you only like bigger style maps then no worries )
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
January 22 2011 00:24 GMT
#27
Looking for people to test a 2v2 map on EU server.

CAiN.109

Or just join the chat channel "MotM".
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
January 27 2011 12:03 GMT
#28
I wasn't frequenting the forums for a while so I may have missed it, but do we have a channel for people to meet and test melee maps? I am dying to do some testing!
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
January 27 2011 14:13 GMT
#29
--- Nuked ---
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-30 22:40:00
January 30 2011 02:07 GMT
#30
The teamliquid channel has a lot of people who are looking for practice games or obs/koth games. You could ask there if anyone wants to play your maps for testing, but I fear randoms with no acumen using up time to give you marginally useful feedback, after too much effort gathering players.

I'm going to start camping in channel MotM. If anyone wants to test their own maps and others', please show up! I spend a lot of time dicking around in custom games anyway, I could be playing those games on maps for testing instead of void ray rushing on LT.

Ideally, mappers and people who like to test would start going to MotM by default so there'd be a core of people always around making it easy to find a game.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 30 2011 04:40 GMT
#31
You can use the MotM channel for this if you'd like ^^

after all, we're all in it for the same thing, right?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
January 30 2011 22:39 GMT
#32
Yeah, that's a better idea. I mean, the more central, the more numerous, the better. Editing my above post to reflect that I'll be camping MotM. =D
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Silence-
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 01:13:41
January 31 2011 01:13 GMT
#33
Silence.830
Protoss
Platinum 1850
Nights and Weekends
Message me and I'll play
NA

COMMENTS:
Great idea!
Living in the limelight, the universal dream...
Blurb
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark55 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 17:02:45
February 24 2011 17:01 GMT
#34
Blurb.938
Random
Bottom Diamond (500 points)
19:30-22:30 (GMT +1)
Possibility that I'm already doing something else, but willing to test new maps.
EU server

Cannot provide advanced feedback due to lack of game knowledge.
Might be online for longer periods of time in holidays.

(Is there any channel on the EU servers for these purposes?)
I have a signature.
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 765
SteadfastSC457
EnkiAlexander 69
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 457
UpATreeSC 126
JuggernautJason52
BRAT_OK 41
PtitDrogo 37
MindelVK 19
Codebar 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32310
Soulkey 353
Dewaltoss 122
Mind 41
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 21
Dota 2
Dendi963
qojqva730
Counter-Strike
fl0m1473
Fnx 751
shoxiejesuss625
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King126
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2854
Khaldor1976
Liquid`Hasu726
Other Games
Grubby3100
ArmadaUGS1184
B2W.Neo609
ceh9529
byalli454
C9.Mang0156
Chillindude73
Trikslyr46
Railgan20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 7
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• blackmanpl 28
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1170
Other Games
• imaqtpie1087
• Scarra506
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 13m
OSC
18h 13m
Stellar Fest
18h 13m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.