• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:36
CEST 10:36
KST 17:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9736 users

[Map] (2) iCCup Obsidian Inferno by prodiG - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Shron
Profile Joined March 2010
United States162 Posts
October 26 2010 23:57 GMT
#21
There needs to be a map like this without a bridge shortening the middle. I remember a few BW maps like this, but they all had the bridge. Besides, it isn't really balanced how you have it now. I can take a bunch of marauders for early pressure and FE vs a protoss at the same time because there's no chance of a stalker attack if I can backstab through the middle.
"I produced a lot of units and was given this award. I didn't know I produced so many units. Next season I will produce more units." - Nestea
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
October 27 2010 00:13 GMT
#22
This is a great map ProdiG, I like the choked up bridge idea! This gives Zerg the option to ling run-by even towards later game, which beforehand was only possible in BW. Nice work!



I thought that you said once a week? Is it once a month now?
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
October 27 2010 00:18 GMT
#23
On October 27 2010 09:13 Antares777 wrote:
This is a great map ProdiG, I like the choked up bridge idea! This gives Zerg the option to ling run-by even towards later game, which beforehand was only possible in BW. Nice work!



I thought that you said once a week? Is it once a month now?

I took a break to work on my ladder skills, and with the addition of the TeamSix Mapmaking team I'm in no hurry to be cranking out maps. I'd much rather spend a month on a map testing the hell out of it than cranking out a million new maps and say "it's good, gogo"

ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
October 27 2010 00:23 GMT
#24
There's no destructible rocks or islands it seems... think that's fair and/or diverse enough?

While zerg certainly doesn't have things easy in SC2, this map seems quite favorable to zerg due to the fact that they don't ever need to destroy rocks or build nydus worms to take lots of expansions.

Aside from that it looks rather nice.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
October 27 2010 01:01 GMT
#25
On October 27 2010 08:57 Shron wrote:
There needs to be a map like this without a bridge shortening the middle. I remember a few BW maps like this, but they all had the bridge. Besides, it isn't really balanced how you have it now. I can take a bunch of marauders for early pressure and FE vs a protoss at the same time because there's no chance of a stalker attack if I can backstab through the middle.

This. The fact that Protoss has no ranged unit that can take the "short path" is going to be utterly detrimental in both MUs. Meanwhile, the short path into the open natural totally shuts down any Protoss FE builds, especially vs. T, where the map just screams "3rax on me please!".
hayata2.0
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada655 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 01:12:03
October 27 2010 01:08 GMT
#26
Yeah, sure sentries aren't ranged units. And the short path should be super easy to forcefield if only small units can fit.

A Zealot/Sentry composition is pretty good, I mean, it does decently against MM and Hydra Ling.

One Hold-Position zealot should stop early zerglings through that thin bridge.
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
October 27 2010 01:18 GMT
#27
On October 27 2010 10:08 hayata2.0 wrote:
Yeah, sure sentries aren't ranged units. And the short path should be super easy to forcefield if only small units can fit.

A Zealot/Sentry composition is pretty good, I mean, it does decently against MM and Hydra Ling.

One Hold-Position zealot should stop early zerglings through that thin bridge.

Ok, ranged units that are actually good for killing things. Sentries are nice, but most players are getting too many of them IMO- their health and DPS is total crap, and cute forcefields will only go so far if you can't actually kill your opponent's stuff.

Also, the only way to forcefield that path in time is if your army is pretty badly out of position for guarding the other path. On this map, you'll have to guard one path or the other, or play close to the Nexus- and the distance from Nexus to "short path choke" looks pretty damn long in these pics.
Gecko
Profile Joined August 2010
United States519 Posts
October 27 2010 02:03 GMT
#28
Its like scrap station with a defendable natural AKA scrap station done right
DarthXX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia998 Posts
October 27 2010 04:32 GMT
#29
I have to say, I don't really like this map.

The fact that marauders can walk across the bridge is insane, they are easily, along with marines the most powerful unit that can traverse the bridge. On the other hand, Protoss completely shuts down any early zerg pressure but putting 1 zealot on the bridge, but get screwed later as stalkers have to take the long way (but marauders can go short.) I realise this can't be changed as it's to do with unit sizes, but just personally I feel if it can't be balanced well, it shouldn't be on the map.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
October 27 2010 05:02 GMT
#30
On October 27 2010 09:23 Xapti wrote:
There's no destructible rocks or islands it seems... think that's fair and/or diverse enough?

While zerg certainly doesn't have things easy in SC2, this map seems quite favorable to zerg due to the fact that they don't ever need to destroy rocks or build nydus worms to take lots of expansions.

Aside from that it looks rather nice.

I am personally not a fan of either and tend to avoid them whenever possible. Island expansions are tough to do because of the fact that Terran can lift to them so easily, which makes it difficult to balance around. If you add destructible buildings blocking it, there is a decent chance the island won't be used. Also, islands are tough to place on rotational symmetry maps because you need four (or one goofy one in the center) and a lot of my maps are rotational. That said, I may include islands in my future maps.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
hayata2.0
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada655 Posts
October 27 2010 05:09 GMT
#31
maybe put a mineral block that requires six workers to mine out.

a command center can load five SCVs, so you need to fly back and grab a sixth, or bring a dropship like the other races need to.
(otherwise you could research neosteel frame which is 100/100 like researching Overlord Drop)

Then you'll have an island which isn't terran-favoured, yet relatively easy to take once you have drop (just drop 8 workers!)
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
October 27 2010 06:54 GMT
#32
I don't like the current concept. Some of the beta layouts look much more interesting.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
October 27 2010 09:04 GMT
#33
On October 27 2010 15:54 dezi wrote:
I don't like the current concept. Some of the beta layouts look much more interesting.

...care to elaborate?
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
October 27 2010 14:30 GMT
#34
On October 27 2010 14:02 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2010 09:23 Xapti wrote:
There's no destructible rocks or islands it seems... think that's fair and/or diverse enough?

While zerg certainly doesn't have things easy in SC2, this map seems quite favorable to zerg due to the fact that they don't ever need to destroy rocks or build nydus worms to take lots of expansions.

Aside from that it looks rather nice.

I am personally not a fan of either and tend to avoid them whenever possible. Island expansions are tough to do because of the fact that Terran can lift to them so easily, which makes it difficult to balance around. If you add destructible buildings blocking it, there is a decent chance the island won't be used. Also, islands are tough to place on rotational symmetry maps because you need four (or one goofy one in the center) and a lot of my maps are rotational. That said, I may include islands in my future maps.


You can just make it a semi-island on lowground with long walk distance protected by drocks. That way terran needs to scan to seige.

Monitor and I played a few games on it and the bridge leads to some pretty interesting thing in mirror matches, such as using 1 roach to block it from ling runbys ect..
ESV Mapmaking Team
TheMonkeyMon
Profile Joined September 2010
United States119 Posts
October 27 2010 21:59 GMT
#35
I'm skeptical of the bridge but since the rest of your work has been so exemplary I'm very excited to try it out. Downloading now.
Fitzhunt1
Profile Joined February 2010
United States169 Posts
October 27 2010 23:45 GMT
#36
Looks Amazing! Scrap station done right!
Blizzcon exclusive no donuts.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
October 28 2010 00:39 GMT
#37
On October 28 2010 06:59 TheMonkeyMon wrote:
I'm skeptical of the bridge but since the rest of your work has been so exemplary I'm very excited to try it out. Downloading now.

As I've said in the OP, the design is very experimental. I want to see how the Paranoid-Android style bridge works in Starcraft 2. Experimentation is key~
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
October 28 2010 01:53 GMT
#38
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! do u think that late game will fight for the high yield and the center bases???
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
October 28 2010 03:29 GMT
#39
On October 28 2010 10:53 FlaShFTW wrote:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! do u think that late game will fight for the high yield and the center bases???

That's kind of the idea, so I hope so ;D
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
October 28 2010 04:12 GMT
#40
looks way to similar to scrap station but the details are top notch as usual
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1003
Soulkey 254
Soma 213
Larva 141
Mind 70
ZerO 43
soO 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
scan(afreeca) 13
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Counter-Strike
edward364
Other Games
summit1g8298
singsing1222
Coldzera 682
WinterStarcraft681
Sick213
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick743
BasetradeTV234
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Jankos1576
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.