• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:06
CEST 12:06
KST 19:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9176 users

BoomStevo's Map Thread - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 17 2010 18:38 GMT
#101
On December 17 2010 10:46 lurkerbelow wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
i like your maps alot but naming/more fantasy ambience to support names could be increased

(2) Erebus - could be darker/ more shadowy but good first impression
(2) Phalanx - could be changed either to Aiur urban set (to assume toss fight in phalanxs)/ or rename to Centurion or Desert War or something refering to tileset choice
(2) Perdition - is good map
(2) Rendezvous - is good map
(2) Urban Jungle - is my favorite, posted in other theads that i like jungle/urban utopias (think it makes a nice battleground like a modern Athens or Sparta or Amazonia, so if you play like diablo think about the 5 acts and the towns (rogue cathedral/desert pyramid ruins/ancient jungle temple/hellish citadel/mountain stronghold) and pretend that if both players quit playing they could just order their scvs to build houses and live in your maps until they die of old age...or the map kills you like perdition...
(2) Crimson Crater - is good, middle could have more crater/more details (add meteorites/asteroids)
(2) Moonlit Monastery - is good name just don't see "the monastery" more like caverns or caves (so make a bigger manmade cliff middle or substructure)
(4) Orbital Decay - is good maybe too square

(2) Continuum - too plain right now, needs more asthetics
(2) Leviathan - could use water/dark water or lava redesign because leviathan is giant serpent/fish
(2) Judicator - could be remade as aiur/belshir/protoss urban tile since Judicator is protoss civilian/senator who would command the city with his private toss army or you could rename it to annihilator or incinerator or something to do with fire? unless this is aiur after the zerg have destroyed it...???
(2) Harvest - good idea but too clustered (Blood Harvest, Death Harvest. Soul Harvest?)
(2) Dauntless - looks like good start, too plain too wide (but wide is good if playres are dauntless, so more well designed bases with wide middle)
(4) Utopia - this could be phalanx/judicator while a more jungle/water/paradise colors applied to such a name (add more trees/more forest doodads remove some of the manmade cliffs)
(2) Dissension - too plain like dauntless
(2) Dune Sea - too complex, skinny in the middle (not enough "dune sea" area)
(2) Mount Ida - is very good map and i think it is almost done (maybe too wide in some areas)

Wow, thanks for all of that feedback. I should note though that anything under the Works In Progress section has received very little aesthetic work. They are meant to be only layouts with paint fill textures that I can get feedback on and test.

On December 17 2010 10:51 iGrok wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Continuum looks sweet... flat choke ^^

Yes, there is a flat choke at the main. I decided to try one. It should provide the same wall off as a ramp. I think I'm going to extend it a little though.


On December 17 2010 15:16 EatThePath wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
There's something about continuum that gives it immediate appeal. It feels like a "let's fight, straight up" arena, but not featureless. I will have more comments later. Right now, the only thing I notice-- I don't like that the watchtowers are so defensible for respective sides. It makes defending the third while keeping the high ground too easy. But I like that they help defend the gold just the right amount. What if they were on flat ground with little or no obstruction? Thoughts? Crazy idea: put a ramp on the other side as well, but block it with a placed forcefield, so they can be opened up more by thor/colo/ultra.

I don't usually like the watch towers on high ground like that. I put the ramp on that side because it was the best fit, instead of the best place. I'm going to change it so it isn't on high ground. I await your further comments.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 22 2010 18:48 GMT
#102
Here's an updated image of my WIP Continuum. Changed the watchtowers to low ground, and messed with the chokes at the mains. Started a little texturing and doodads.
+ Show Spoiler [Continuum] +
[image loading]
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 26 2010 19:57 GMT
#103
Updated OP with new WIP: Foundation.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 26 2010 20:39 GMT
#104
Continuum is coming along nicely. I really like Foundation - it looks great!
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 26 2010 23:09 GMT
#105
On December 27 2010 05:39 iGrok wrote:
Continuum is coming along nicely. I really like Foundation - it looks great!

I'm working on finishing up Continuum right now. I'm doing some cool yet unoriginal stuff. First time using the Castanar set.

I think Foundation is good, but I'll probably put it on the back burner for now. I feel like doing something more... vertical.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
December 26 2010 23:13 GMT
#106
I like these maps
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 27 2010 01:39 GMT
#107
On December 27 2010 08:13 Patriot.dlk wrote:
I like these maps

Thank you for the approval.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
December 27 2010 03:44 GMT
#108
Leviathan has finally been published on EU! Leviathan 1.2 by BoomStevo published under FireBearHero.
ESV Mapmaking Team
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
December 27 2010 06:49 GMT
#109
Foundation looks good, nice job on that map. I like the main, natural, and third layout, it is very interesting/unusual compared to other current SCII maps. I'd love to see you finish that one.
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 27 2010 09:50 GMT
#110
On December 27 2010 12:44 G_Wen wrote:
Leviathan has finally been published on EU! Leviathan 1.2 by BoomStevo published under FireBearHero.

Sweet! Many thanks, G_Wen.

On December 27 2010 15:49 Antares777 wrote:
Foundation looks good, nice job on that map. I like the main, natural, and third layout, it is very interesting/unusual compared to other current SCII maps. I'd love to see you finish that one.

I try to do something interesting or unique in each of my maps. I like how the third is set up also, but I'm not sure about the rest of the map. I may make a few changes before I get into finishing touches.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 28 2010 08:32 GMT
#111
Updated OP with new WIP: Forgotten.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
December 28 2010 16:53 GMT
#112
Mh, compared with your latest maps (Continuum and Leviathan) this one isn't that good. I just miss the last tiny bit that turns to map into a BoomStevo awesome one :p

Maybe it's the lack of possible routes during the earlier stages of the game (only the middle path is available then).
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
Deekin[
Profile Joined December 2010
Serbia1713 Posts
December 29 2010 01:53 GMT
#113
Dont wanna be lame but your latest map, Forgotten, Is it only me or isnt it very much alike steppes?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CJ Entus fighting! I am a Leta, Hydra, Mind and (ofcourse) Firebathero fan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 29 2010 04:03 GMT
#114
On December 29 2010 10:53 Deekin[ wrote:
Dont wanna be lame but your latest map, Forgotten, Is it only me or isnt it very much alike steppes?

Other than having a high ground third, I don't think it's very similar. The rush distance is longer and I think the expansion pattern on Steppes of War is actually better than Forgotten.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 29 2010 04:24 GMT
#115
On December 29 2010 13:03 BoomStevo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2010 10:53 Deekin[ wrote:
Dont wanna be lame but your latest map, Forgotten, Is it only me or isnt it very much alike steppes?

Other than having a high ground third, I don't think it's very similar. The rush distance is longer and I think the expansion pattern on Steppes of War is actually better than Forgotten.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. While the early game would be nicer on Forgotten, Steppes is actually a better long-game map (Wow, steppes - long games?). Long games on Steppes have a great flow, it just needs to be a liiiittle longer. I like Forgotten, but some of the transitions look a little awkward
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
December 29 2010 04:32 GMT
#116
On December 29 2010 13:24 iGrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2010 13:03 BoomStevo wrote:
On December 29 2010 10:53 Deekin[ wrote:
Dont wanna be lame but your latest map, Forgotten, Is it only me or isnt it very much alike steppes?

Other than having a high ground third, I don't think it's very similar. The rush distance is longer and I think the expansion pattern on Steppes of War is actually better than Forgotten.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. While the early game would be nicer on Forgotten, Steppes is actually a better long-game map (Wow, steppes - long games?). Long games on Steppes have a great flow, it just needs to be a liiiittle longer. I like Forgotten, but some of the transitions look a little awkward


theres some similarities for sure, but its definitely not steppes
forgotten looks like you could split the map better than steppes, the bases on the far left and right should have the rocks moved to the other ramp
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 29 2010 05:25 GMT
#117
Hey, I've seen some pretty good long games on Steppes. The transitions are definitely awkward. I knew this when I was making it. I think this may be the third or fourth iteration. I decided that this was best but I was never satisfied.

I actually don't like that the map is so easily split. The rocks were placed like that to help un-split it so to say. I don't like that the expansion options are so limited.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
January 07 2011 23:27 GMT
#118
I haven't had much time to work on maps of my own thanks to MotM, but I'm still around.

Updated the OP: Moved Continuum to the Completed section.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
January 07 2011 23:35 GMT
#119
Looking forward to your next map but you already got a very sweet collection there
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
February 12 2011 04:17 GMT
#120
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 765
Soma 627
BeSt 405
910 351
Light 323
Horang2 315
Hyuk 274
Jaedong 222
Pusan 122
Stork 121
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 105
Dewaltoss 91
Shinee 59
ZerO 54
Killer 46
Mong 45
Yoon 38
Mind 37
Rush 32
Sharp 28
Bale 26
ggaemo 25
sorry 19
yabsab 18
hero 17
ZergMaN 17
Snow 16
Noble 9
Creator 8
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc1171
XcaliburYe196
League of Legends
JimRising 360
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1481
pashabiceps1006
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2401
Khaldor649
Other Games
gofns28370
singsing1366
ceh9676
XBOCT317
Pyrionflax181
DeMusliM158
Mew2King104
ArmadaUGS39
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick597
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH270
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Jankos1547
• Stunt496
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
54m
Stellar Fest
2h 54m
The PondCast
23h 54m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.