• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9063 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 157

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 182 Next
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-01 00:54:14
May 01 2015 00:25 GMT
#3121
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2015 01:23 bluegarfield wrote:
edit: not sure if this is the right place to ask this
Hi TL,
I am looking for the name of a custom map that gives you infinite resources and allow you to build almost infinite (?) supplies to test spam as many units as possible to test my new PC. I remember seeing people plays back in WoL but really cant recall the name of the map

Thanks

"Big game hunter", ..no I am joking, did you type your "tags" in the tl search window on this forum?

+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2015 07:30 Rukis wrote:
Is anyone else having this problem?

When I create custom game, one of my melee maps ( NO MODS) it loads with a really weird mod.? Like for example i played an ffa and the map loaded with a goliath... wth!

All mods get attached on melee maps...
The way to avoid it is to search for your map.. (not "last search" which comes automatically on) because something makes the mods apply to the "last research" with your map
(like someone played every melee map once with the mod.. like boosting maps for pop list front page boost
(shady but what do i care?)).

And yes it is highly suspect happenings, not bugs.
It happens in the lobby (you can see it on top left), then you quit and re search your map's name and "magically" you find and select it, and then it works...
As for peaceboy?:+ Show Spoiler +
She/he/it "made excuses" on mapster, but it still isn't really clear what happens.
As far as my first instinct goes, I would bet on actiblizz boosting mods over / unto maps. Testing for data, not applying out of any other agenda than straw-poling.


Edit: + Show Spoiler +
F_ck miss-clicks! Barely 2 posts to go centennial.
I want to do a centennial post in my blog, I want to do
"Crashes inward and out of the machine" (about crashes in games and humans )
+ Show Spoiler +
Just need to find a discreet post to write/edit

.
"not enough rights"
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-11 08:12:17
May 03 2015 13:52 GMT
#3122
+ Show Spoiler +
So.. really ??? No live podcast with twitched skyped mapmakers for the announcement of the tlmc?
Ask Lycan, he is an attention wh.. uhhh no! he's really affordable ..uhhh not good, .. he is really accessible (mmm that last one is more like it ).. he would do it, no?
Ask qxc, catz, morrow.. ask anyone that would want to put the term "mapmaker" on the sc map again!
I would gladly host it
(me:+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Picture it.. there is no one meaner or more out of the loop than me: as neutral a host as can be!
Just give me 24 hour notice so I can prepare!
).
Original post
Void Temple:+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

Is that too old? too much?
"not enough rights"
Rukis
Profile Joined April 2009
United States252 Posts
May 12 2015 00:39 GMT
#3123
How do you justify an asymmetric map is terrible/good. etc. Like what are the things to look out for. For example if one side of the map had a CK main/nat/third and the other had a Deadwing main/nat/third.
Flash was the Genius, Nada was the true god.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 12 2015 00:52 GMT
#3124
Are you making an asymmetric map? It'd be better to post it in WIP melee maps thread where people can discuss specifics. Since asymmetric maps come down to all the details, it's hard to say much generally about them, other than that you can try to use similar layouts or very standard design, but then what is the point of the asymmetry?
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
May 12 2015 04:37 GMT
#3125
On May 12 2015 09:39 Rukis wrote:
How do you justify an asymmetric map is terrible/good. etc. Like what are the things to look out for. For example if one side of the map had a CK main/nat/third and the other had a Deadwing main/nat/third.

this specific example would probably not be good, since deadwing's main/nat/3rd setup is notoriously turtly and cloud kingdom's is not.
vibeo gane,
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-16 21:46:00
May 12 2015 08:57 GMT
#3126
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 12 2015 09:39 Rukis wrote:
How do you justify an asymmetric map is terrible/good. etc. Like what are the things to look out for. For example if one side of the map had a CK main/nat/third and the other had a Deadwing main/nat/third.


Funny you should mention "perfection in photocopying"
(as in: all spawns, all nats, all everything .. must be all the same (tm) for all spawning players
(albeit architectures are "dialed" to be an opposite symmetrical or inverse of the first "template")).

I humbly disagree, providing the facts are known to players and the result is balanced (tm), nothing has to be the same.
Simply mapmakers are letting the lazy player base dictate them what the game (by that I mean the maps) should be,
by making "simple" maps.
My current "simple" map: + Show Spoiler +
overview + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

close up + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

angled + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
On May 16 2015 07:51 Coppermantis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2015 06:56 amine98 wrote:
hi! I posted a map in the map forums "Bel'Shir Landscapes". i wanna participate in the map contest, i have to creat a download site in order to give them the map file? or is there an other way to do it?
thx


The map contest (assuming you mean TLMC6) is no longer accepting entries, and is in the final voting period.

That said, for future reference, in order to submit the map, upload it to a file sharing site like dropbox and PM them the download link.

And please post a picture in the tlmc7 thread, when it "opens".
+ Show Spoiler +

On May 17 2015 00:15 RoomOfMush wrote:
If I have created an Arcade map where I have modified the Game Data, how can I export the modified Game Data to create an independent mod (independent == a mod you can use with standard melee maps)?

See here.


v
v
"not enough rights"
amine98
Profile Joined April 2015
Algeria46 Posts
May 15 2015 21:56 GMT
#3127
hi! I posted a map in the map forums "Bel'Shir Landscapes". i wanna participate in the map contest, i have to creat a download site in order to give them the map file? or is there an other way to do it?
thx
Hi! i'm amine and i'm fond of sc2 ;)
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
May 15 2015 22:51 GMT
#3128
On May 16 2015 06:56 amine98 wrote:
hi! I posted a map in the map forums "Bel'Shir Landscapes". i wanna participate in the map contest, i have to creat a download site in order to give them the map file? or is there an other way to do it?
thx


The map contest (assuming you mean TLMC6) is no longer accepting entries, and is in the final voting period.

That said, for future reference, in order to submit the map, upload it to a file sharing site like dropbox and PM them the download link.
amine98
Profile Joined April 2015
Algeria46 Posts
May 16 2015 07:51 GMT
#3129
Ok thx and when will be the next contest?
Hi! i'm amine and i'm fond of sc2 ;)
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
May 16 2015 08:44 GMT
#3130
On May 16 2015 16:51 amine98 wrote:
Ok thx and when will be the next contest?

The contests usually come by surprise and of no constant frequency, but I think it's probable that the next one will be within a few months.
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
Rukis
Profile Joined April 2009
United States252 Posts
May 16 2015 09:57 GMT
#3131
Has anyone else ever had trouble finding a good Main/nat/third Composition for a certain middle? For example I started out making the main/nat/third but ended up with a middle that I quite liked however I felt the M/N/T didnt quite fit with the middle.
Middle
[image loading]

Map I started out on:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I was thinking along the lines of having a Match Point type M/N and option thirds would be next to the large ramp in the middle. However I think Im obsessed with this and have that writers block. My artistic box wont open.
Flash was the Genius, Nada was the true god.
RoomOfMush
Profile Joined March 2015
1296 Posts
May 16 2015 15:15 GMT
#3132
If I have created an Arcade map where I have modified the Game Data, how can I export the modified Game Data to create an independent mod (independent == a mod you can use with standard melee maps)?
DomeGetta
Profile Joined February 2012
480 Posts
May 17 2015 20:56 GMT
#3133
Does anyone know of a more up to date micro trainer than the Darglein?

Seems like after all this time there should be one that allows more realistic in game situations to be drilled over and over.. like Tvz 12:30ish push in standard macro game?? Etc other matchups?

Pls ;p
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
May 18 2015 10:18 GMT
#3134
On May 16 2015 18:57 Rukis wrote:
Has anyone else ever had trouble finding a good Main/nat/third Composition for a certain middle? For example I started out making the main/nat/third but ended up with a middle that I quite liked however I felt the M/N/T didnt quite fit with the middle.
Middle
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Map I started out on:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I was thinking along the lines of having a Match Point type M/N and option thirds would be next to the large ramp in the middle. However I think Im obsessed with this and have that writers block. My artistic box wont open.

I always start with the middle, even if I sometimes re do it completely later.. sorry, glhf.

On May 17 2015 00:15 RoomOfMush wrote:
If I have created an Arcade map where I have modified the Game Data, how can I export the modified Game Data to create an independent mod (independent == a mod you can use with standard melee maps)?

See impatiently here.
This is a common issue that could be added in here.

On May 18 2015 05:56 DomeGetta wrote:
Does anyone know of a more up to date micro trainer than the Darglein?

Seems like after all this time there should be one that allows more realistic in game situations to be drilled over and over.. like Tvz 12:30ish push in standard macro game?? Etc other matchups?

Pls ;p

I don't know.
I agree that mapmakers never "pre place units" on their maps and that is (again) a sad self imposed useless limit they set upon themselves.
There should be a map (maps) like that.
ps: + Show Spoiler +
I would have done it but I reinstalled sc2 too many times by now, and my unit palette is still absent (I have to copy paste stuff in + Show Spoiler +
*insert "sadpandabum uses a mac" here*
)
"not enough rights"
PETERGANS
Profile Joined May 2015
1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-05-20 19:11:43
May 20 2015 19:10 GMT
#3135
Hello,

I am looking for an "Arcade game" (or mod) whose name I forgot. I registered here only to ask, but of course I got a 3 day ban...

It works like this: Up to 4 players, each players starts on his own platform. Now the computer announces the next wave, for example: "10 marines, 1 siege tank". Now each player can buy from all races, all units at a certain price, how his budget allows to counter those 10 marines and 1 siege tank. Every player has to beat this wave, otherwise the game is over.

Now the next step in the game is not just the next wave, but rather that all remaining units of all players come to a big platform, where they have to fight those 10 marines and 1 tank together!
Only after that comes the next wave and it starts from new.

Can anyone tell me what the name of this arcade game is? I thought it had something with "micro" in the name, but I am not sure. If this is the wrong place to ask, please tell me where to ask it. I am not able to open my own topic, because of the 3 day ban!

THANK YOUUU!
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-21 20:57:24
May 20 2015 20:37 GMT
#3136
On May 21 2015 04:10 PETERGANS wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hello,

I am looking for an "Arcade game" (or mod) whose name I forgot. I registered here only to ask, but of course I got a 3 day ban...

It works like this: Up to 4 players, each players starts on his own platform. Now the computer announces the next wave, for example: "10 marines, 1 siege tank". Now each player can buy from all races, all units at a certain price, how his budget allows to counter those 10 marines and 1 siege tank. Every player has to beat this wave, otherwise the game is over.

Now the next step in the game is not just the next wave, but rather that all remaining units of all players come to a big platform, where they have to fight those 10 marines and 1 tank together!
Only after that comes the next wave and it starts from new.

Can anyone tell me what the name of this arcade game is? I thought it had something with "micro" in the name, but I am not sure. If this is the wrong place to ask, please tell me where to ask it. I am not able to open my own topic, because of the 3 day ban!

THANK YOUUU!

No idea => link to help.

On May 17 2015 18:04 RoomOfMush wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hi,
I would like to request the following terran structure which I would like to use in my mod:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/485664-sc2-custom-craft

I am not good enough with the Galaxy Editor yet to make this, but I am trying hard to learn. It would be really nice if somebody could show me how to do this in particular.

Drop Pod Launcher
Can load / unload terran bio units like a Medivac. Has a cargo limit of 8.
Can activate a point target ability to instantly drop all loaded units at that location on the map. Units will drop down with drop pods like in the campaign. On arrival they will take 10 points of damage from the impact of the drop pods. Units can not die from this damage and always have at least 1 hitpoint left.


Thanks in advance to whoever has the time on their hands and the interest to do this.

Have you tried sc2mapster?

The unit you want to do .. you can do yourself. it will suck at first
then it will be better... etc, in all cases, it will make you feel proud to have undergoned said experience with galaxy.
"not enough rights"
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
May 24 2015 23:36 GMT
#3137
I have two questions, if anyone is familiar with these that would be great:

1) Duplicating units doesn't seem to work like it used to in previous editions of the editor. I try to duplicate an unit, actor, weapon, and damage effect, to say make the fire archer from the archer, but the name changes for both units when I duplicate?

2) Splash damage doesn't appear to be working like it should. Anyone know the tricks behind this?
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
May 27 2015 01:48 GMT
#3138
I am wondering how I can make a trigger such that a region becomes illuminated, or is given a colour overlay, as I have shown in the images below.

Before:

[image loading]

After:

[image loading]

Any help is much appreciated.
Nihility
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
May 27 2015 02:15 GMT
#3139
How did you do it in those photos? The green looks like the pathing layer in the editor, but obviously it's not since it has the dialog up at the same time.

You can use triggers to figure out the lenght/width/location of a region. Then you can place whatever effects you need done.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
May 27 2015 03:29 GMT
#3140
On May 25 2015 08:36 Fuell wrote:
I have two questions, if anyone is familiar with these that would be great:

1) Duplicating units doesn't seem to work like it used to in previous editions of the editor. I try to duplicate an unit, actor, weapon, and damage effect, to say make the fire archer from the archer, but the name changes for both units when I duplicate?

2) Splash damage doesn't appear to be working like it should. Anyone know the tricks behind this?



1) Duplicating units is a lot different from past editors. The basic procedure for duplicating a unit is to use Ctrl+U, then duplicate everything that is unique to that unit (but not shared or universal abilities, actors etc.) See the screenshot below for what I mean. If you have an archer unit and want to make a fire archer, I recommend that you duplicate a new one from scratch. (The other option being morph abilities, which is a pain just due to the actor events) You'll need to duplicate a new actor, units should never share actors, and probably a weapon, model, abilities, and whatever else.

Duplicating the Marine without having conflicting actors, etc:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


2) Splash damage is actually really well done in the sc2 editor, there are a ton of possibilities for different levels of damage, different effects (force effects that push units away from the center of the blast for example) and other things. Remember to use a Set effect hit first (target unit/point). You can then attach whatever damage, force effects, and so forth.

For the most part however, you just need a Set Effect, then a Damage Effect. The Damage effect should have the Amount field filled out, Splash kind, Search Filters (important), and Area. The Area field controls how much damage units get depending on their proximity to the center of the set effect. For example, a Damage effect with an Amount of 30, and 3 Area indexes as such:

Fraction 1.0 , Radius 1
Fraction 0.66, Radius 2
Fraction 0.33, Radius 3

will do 30 damage to any unit within 1 square of the center, 20 damage to any units between 1-2 squares away, and 10 damage to any units 2-3 squares away.

You can also use Create Persistents and validators to create some really cool effects.

WhalesFromSpace - I think your best bet will be to create a simple custom unit or actor or effect and then create/kill it using a trigger. Might be a better way to do it though.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Prev 1 155 156 157 158 159 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 15051
StarCastTV_EN342
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
Lowko257
ProTech121
Rex 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10284
EffOrt 5342
BeSt 1543
ZerO 1001
Larva 957
Hyuk 884
Horang2 713
Hyun 288
Zeus 238
Killer 194
[ Show more ]
Light 180
Stork 168
Barracks 129
Rush 72
Shinee 43
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 32
Mong 24
Terrorterran 23
PianO 20
Sacsri 19
sorry 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
HiyA 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 724
Dendi2
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli909
Other Games
singsing1855
olofmeister1406
crisheroes251
Sick171
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS50
Mew2King50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 193
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
WardiTV5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1951
• Stunt367
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Rex65
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.