• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8638 users

[WIP] Destination SC2 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
TekKpriest
Profile Joined March 2010
308 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-26 09:40:41
May 26 2010 09:40 GMT
#41
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 23 2010 06:20 nomsayin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 18:14 CynanMachae wrote:
Should fix the thread title

But yea thansk for the map


Oops! Hopefully a nice mod will fix it!

Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 18:22 disco wrote:
On May 22 2010 18:04 nomsayin wrote:
On May 22 2010 18:02 disco wrote:
Can you provide a download for the map?


I will probably post one soon, for now you can play it as published on battle.net

On May 22 2010 18:03 bioboyAT wrote:
pandabear guy included ?


Unfortunately there critters are much less pronounced in SC2 and I couldn't add anything like pandabearguy .


It's not published on EU


I'm very eager to publish this map on the Europe and Asia servers, but I do not have the accounts to do it. I'm looking for someone to lend or share an account so I can publish my continuous updates without delay.

Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 19:21 Bash wrote:
One balance problem I foresee is that there's too much "traversible" cliff, reapers are going to have such an easy time, and if protoss has map control he can park his army anywhere and have colossi poke in and zap wherever he wants.

I love how you're true to the original of course, but some things will have to be changed for it to work in SC2 .


I would like to stay as true to the original as possible, however if there are any changes necessary for balance then I will make them as soon as they are discovered. I would be very grateful if you would share any discoveries you find during playing.


pm me your msn or something, i have a spare account for you to upload this map @ EU
A Man chooses, a slave obeys
Bubbadub
Profile Joined November 2009
United States156 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-26 10:02:46
May 26 2010 09:55 GMT
#42
On May 25 2010 19:44 nomsayin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2010 19:34 trypt wrote:
Does anyone remember if seige tanks could from main base to expansion on the (normal) Terran 3rd base? (and if that holds true in this similar remake)


Sorry but I could use some clarification. Are you asking if the siege tanks can shoot from main base to the third natural expansion?


yea to that expansion... but more specifically to the bridge connecting the 3rd natural to the open ground.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
May 26 2010 10:09 GMT
#43
Is there a point to the bridges with the improved pathing?
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Iwbhs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States195 Posts
May 26 2010 11:28 GMT
#44
one of the XN watchtowers is activated when you send a unit across the bridge (left) while this does not happen on the right. Also the southern HY fields should be switched to the left and the northern HY field should be switched to the right. Also hydras can no longer shoot through the holes in the rocks near the players nats, i suggest you move the mineral field 1-2 closer to the wall. I have about 15-20 games played on this map so far.
Everyone loves Milano cookies.
nomsayin
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States124 Posts
May 26 2010 23:41 GMT
#45
On May 26 2010 20:28 Iwbhs wrote:
one of the XN watchtowers is activated when you send a unit across the bridge (left) while this does not happen on the right. Also the southern HY fields should be switched to the left and the northern HY field should be switched to the right. Also hydras can no longer shoot through the holes in the rocks near the players nats, i suggest you move the mineral field 1-2 closer to the wall. I have about 15-20 games played on this map so far.


Thanks, I'm looking into this now. I appreciate the feedback and the number of games you've played on the map! May I ask why the high yield minerals need to me moved? I'm assuming when you say switched, you mean shifted one square.

The Xel'Naga towers will be activated if either bridge is traversed. I may make it so neither is activated, but that will require some repositioning of the bridges.

I tested moving the natural expansion minerals 1-2 squares closer to the wall, and found that I can get hydras to hit refineries and workers, but I discovered another item of concern. Reapers will be able to hit refineries and workers as well, from on top of the wall at the natural expansion. I'm worried that the consequences of this will be worse than having hydras not be able to hit workers. What do you think?
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10870 Posts
May 26 2010 23:49 GMT
#46
awesome work!!
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
May 27 2010 02:54 GMT
#47
I want to play this but I never see it on the list and when I make no one joins. Is there anyway to play this with people other then your friends?

PM if you want to play a few games on this map or another non blizz map
I was 1500 plat before reset as toss
I am now playing random and should be in diamond soon
I am willing to play any MU
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Make3
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada12 Posts
May 27 2010 02:55 GMT
#48
it really looks good
Bob300
Profile Joined April 2010
United States505 Posts
May 27 2010 02:57 GMT
#49
You should put minerals at back entrance not rocks
Still very impressive.
NYC Suburbs --- College Freshman --- Season 1 - Drone Whiskey
FreshVegetables
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Finland513 Posts
May 27 2010 03:03 GMT
#50
Yeah, Blizzard should totally add this to their mappool! Also, is this already published on euro?
yummy tomatoes
nomsayin
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States124 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 00:24:05
May 27 2010 05:21 GMT
#51
On May 27 2010 11:55 Make3 wrote:
it really looks good


thanks!

On May 27 2010 11:57 Bob300 wrote:
You should put minerals at back entrance not rocks
Still very impressive.


I've tried a bunch of different things, but I haven't found a way to use minerals on the backdoor ramp like the original If I can, I will definitely release a version with the minerals blocking the ramp!

On May 27 2010 12:03 FreshVegetables wrote:
Yeah, Blizzard should totally add this to their mappool! Also, is this already published on euro?


Just published on EU as "Destination by nomsayin". Bad name maybe, but I wanted to get it up immediately! (Edited the title of the map on EU)
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
May 27 2010 05:25 GMT
#52
Great game between Drewbie and Moo on IccupTV tonight. Keep up the good work!
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
May 27 2010 05:43 GMT
#53
Why don't you just upload it somewhere and share it with everybody here?..
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
Ai52487963
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom136 Posts
May 27 2010 05:52 GMT
#54
Some testing I've done came up with two problems:

Units can be warped in to the water below the bridges. I think they automatically reset themselves back up there though, but I'm sure this could present a problem.

Also placing a core on the top base's eastern bridge's mouth looks like it has enough room for a zergling to pass through, but is, in fact, zling tight.
GoodCat1
Profile Joined May 2009
Israel266 Posts
May 27 2010 06:06 GMT
#55
can't find
ZerO FAN~!~!~!
Iwbhs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States195 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-27 11:50:23
May 27 2010 11:39 GMT
#56
If you want to preserve the original feel of destination, but with new units then units with range of 6 or greater should be able to shoot through the gaps in the walls. the fact that this opens your nat up to harass from reaper/colo is just part of sc2.

spoiler for the HY reason. I had to draw it
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.livestream.com/iwbhs/video?clipId=pla_e928a761-4ab3-4516-a8ef-453adfffdf59&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

and yea, im wearing pants
Everyone loves Milano cookies.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
May 27 2010 11:44 GMT
#57
after 0.9 comes 0.10 now? >.>
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
May 27 2010 11:47 GMT
#58
Can you make it so all the minerals not look the same? It's a silly complaint but it really does take away from the immersion.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
TzTz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany511 Posts
May 27 2010 11:49 GMT
#59
well if you have a problem with reapers/colossi walking over there just block ground pathing...
Iwbhs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States195 Posts
May 27 2010 11:51 GMT
#60
On May 27 2010 20:49 TzTz wrote:
well if you have a problem with reapers/colossi walking over there just block ground pathing...


boo, you are essentially nerfing early terran harass and mid toss harass, not cool.
Everyone loves Milano cookies.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech143
BRAT_OK 80
Railgan 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1636
Shuttle 682
Dewaltoss 125
Trap 27
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
420jenkins490
XaKoH 477
Counter-Strike
fl0m4114
Fnx 668
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4146
Liquid`Hasu620
Other Games
summit1g4210
Liquid`RaSZi2003
FrodaN1021
B2W.Neo425
ToD216
C9.Mang0166
TKL 95
UpATreeSC83
RotterdaM65
QueenE64
Mew2King32
PPMD15
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
WardiTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2466
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• Shiphtur1331
• imaqtpie845
• WagamamaTV307
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 12m
Patches Events
20h 12m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.