• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:43
CEST 08:43
KST 15:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8297 users

Power Rank 01/01/2011 - Page 28

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 56 Next
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 17:09:02
January 19 2011 17:04 GMT
#541
Its funny how jaedong is slumping while reaching high in an induvidual league, as usual
The expectations for these players is inhuman!

After watching how Flash is performing in WL, it cannot longer be denied that his drop from the induvidual leagues was nothing but HUGE flukes.
It is really unbelievable what happened, if you look at the caliber of players that he lost to. He wins everything, defeats the strongest players and suddenly he drops 4 games out of nowhere in the exact moments he needed to win them, against players he's much stronger than.
Really unbelievable
Since he went to the doctor whom adviced him to play less and hearing in interviews that he said this might be a blessing after all, one can only wonder what really was the reason that he dropped these games to those players. But thats just speculation.

I must admit though, that for someone who isn't a Flash fan these leagues will now be far more interesting because in 2010's SLs you pretty much knew who was going to win anyway.

Now Stork looks like the strongest candidate, but I'm not at all certain. He might have trouble against jaedong or fantasy and end up with two silvers to his collection hehe
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
January 19 2011 23:56 GMT
#542
Don't ignore the fact that Zero's ZvP is strong. Stork is by no means a favourite over Zero. I love the guy and I would take him to be the lead horse for the OSL but I think he's in the middle of the pack for the MSL.
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 00:00:42
January 19 2011 23:59 GMT
#543
edit: nevermind
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
January 20 2011 00:54 GMT
#544
Stork is by no means a sure bet. If Kal advances (given Great's ZvP definitely possible...), a PvP between them could be tough. Jaedong could be a tough opponent. Calm could be tough since his ZvP has produced good results lately (and he's 2-0 vs Stork). Hydra is an unknown entity.

Zero's ZvP hasn't been as hot lately and he's 1-4 against Stork lifetime anyhow. I like Zero and I think he'll potentially be a tough opponent, but he's by no means the favorite over Stork.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
January 20 2011 01:29 GMT
#545
On January 20 2011 09:54 Mortality wrote:
Stork is by no means a sure bet. If Kal advances (given Great's ZvP definitely possible...), a PvP between them could be tough. Jaedong could be a tough opponent. Calm could be tough since his ZvP has produced good results lately (and he's 2-0 vs Stork). Hydra is an unknown entity.

Zero's ZvP hasn't been as hot lately and he's 1-4 against Stork lifetime anyhow. I like Zero and I think he'll potentially be a tough opponent, but he's by no means the favorite over Stork.


Tbh, Stork's road for MSL is at the moment harder than OSL. Good thing that OSL ends before MSL so Stork can take more loads off from his shoulder.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
January 20 2011 02:06 GMT
#546
On January 20 2011 10:29 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 09:54 Mortality wrote:
Stork is by no means a sure bet. If Kal advances (given Great's ZvP definitely possible...), a PvP between them could be tough. Jaedong could be a tough opponent. Calm could be tough since his ZvP has produced good results lately (and he's 2-0 vs Stork). Hydra is an unknown entity.

Zero's ZvP hasn't been as hot lately and he's 1-4 against Stork lifetime anyhow. I like Zero and I think he'll potentially be a tough opponent, but he's by no means the favorite over Stork.


Tbh, Stork's road for MSL is at the moment harder than OSL. Good thing that OSL ends before MSL so Stork can take more loads off from his shoulder.


That's because Stork only needs to beat Modesty now to make the finals. Fantasy is every bit as tough as Stork's MSL opponents, don't doubt that for a second. If there's a fifth wheel to TaekBangLeeSsang it's Fantasy.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 05:08:27
January 20 2011 05:07 GMT
#547
On January 20 2011 11:06 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 10:29 Xiphos wrote:
On January 20 2011 09:54 Mortality wrote:
Stork is by no means a sure bet. If Kal advances (given Great's ZvP definitely possible...), a PvP between them could be tough. Jaedong could be a tough opponent. Calm could be tough since his ZvP has produced good results lately (and he's 2-0 vs Stork). Hydra is an unknown entity.

Zero's ZvP hasn't been as hot lately and he's 1-4 against Stork lifetime anyhow. I like Zero and I think he'll potentially be a tough opponent, but he's by no means the favorite over Stork.


Tbh, Stork's road for MSL is at the moment harder than OSL. Good thing that OSL ends before MSL so Stork can take more loads off from his shoulder.


That's because Stork only needs to beat Modesty now to make the finals. Fantasy is every bit as tough as Stork's MSL opponents, don't doubt that for a second. If there's a fifth wheel to TaekBangLeeSsang it's Fantasy.


I disagree. Jaedong IMO is far more likely to beat Stork in a Bo5(on MSL maps) than Fantasy(OSL maps). So far in the OSL, Stork has played very aggressive PvTs. This takes away Fantasy's biggest potential advantage, which is tech hiding. You can't try to sneak in extra tech when there are zealots/goon/reavers by your base taking a look everywhere.

On January 20 2011 02:04 StylishVODs wrote:
Its funny how jaedong is slumping while reaching high in an induvidual league, as usual
The expectations for these players is inhuman!


No. The expectations are raised because Bisu and Stork are peaking. It didn't matter before because there were only two players atop of the scene. Now there are 4, with perhaps a 5th in Fantasy.


After watching how Flash is performing in WL, it cannot longer be denied that his drop from the induvidual leagues was nothing but HUGE flukes.


Flash ALWAYS dominated the PL, even during his 14CC days. So I don't know why that would be indicative of anything. I'm not saying it wasn't a fluke. I'm more inclined to think Flash will be back. I'm just saying SL and PL are two different beasts. Flash really can't prove he's still head and shoulders above everyone else until next SL season.

Now Stork looks like the strongest candidate, but I'm not at all certain. He might have trouble against jaedong or fantasy and end up with two silvers to his collection hehe


I agree that Stork is probably the only player who can take Flash in a Bo5. Probably 50/50 at the moment, and hugely dependent on map pool.

Meh
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 06:57:25
January 20 2011 06:54 GMT
#548
What I meant is that he's obviously not slumping. Those losses were obviously flukes. I don't see how you can deny it.

And the expectations for Jaedong and Flash has been inhuman for a very long time now.
Jaedong isn't even out of the starleague yet, he can very well win it.

You say Flash cant prove that, well he's already proven it and noone has proved him wrong.
Flash is still the one to beat, Stork must somehow show that he's are better than him before people will think he's the best. Flash is still on his usual sick winratio for the month, and we know that he most likely beats anyone to dust in a Bo5.
You seriously don't think that Flash has lost any skill because he lost 3 differemt Bo1's do you, after all that he's shown us?
So unless Stork has risen to Flashs level, which is highly unlikely and sure as hell has to be proven, flash is still the one to beat.

Stork still belong above him on PR though because he got better results that month, but don't mix those two just yet. You don't just crown someone bonjwa and then say there's a new best player over a night unless that player actually shows that hes the king. However, the gap might be closer now since Stork is playing alot better than a few months ago. But going from playing better, to playing on Flashs level is a huge step.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Tianx
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1196 Posts
January 20 2011 06:59 GMT
#549
On January 20 2011 14:07 baubo wrote:
I agree that Stork is probably the only player who can take Flash in a Bo5. Probably 50/50 at the moment, and hugely dependent on map pool.

Stork has stated multiple times that he thinks he can take anyone in the world except Flash. Even if we grant that in absolute terms they may be comparable (and that's a big may), Stork is still at a large mental disadvantage, especially in a Bo5. This is triply true in a final.

It's a damn shame it's all hypothetical, though.
Intrigue: "as i've said to many others your troubles in life may be directly correlated to your dirty protoss icon"
gen.Sun
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States539 Posts
January 20 2011 07:43 GMT
#550
No, the real fluke was Stork slumping for the last year. It's obvious that he just didn't care enough about StarCraft to seriously pwn everything.

It's just that now he's returning to where he should be, on top of the scene.

It's true that flash is pretty good, but even in the days when Stork barely tried Flash can barely beat him. In a Bo5 Stork would rip apart Flash.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 20 2011 08:04 GMT
#551
On January 20 2011 15:54 StylishVODs wrote:
What I meant is that he's obviously not slumping. Those losses were obviously flukes. I don't see how you can deny it.

And the expectations for Jaedong and Flash has been inhuman for a very long time now.
Jaedong isn't even out of the starleague yet, he can very well win it.

You say Flash cant prove that, well he's already proven it and noone has proved him wrong.
Flash is still the one to beat, Stork must somehow show that he's are better than him before people will think he's the best. Flash is still on his usual sick winratio for the month, and we know that he most likely beats anyone to dust in a Bo5.
You seriously don't think that Flash has lost any skill because he lost 3 differemt Bo1's do you, after all that he's shown us?
So unless Stork has risen to Flashs level, which is highly unlikely and sure as hell has to be proven, flash is still the one to beat.

Stork still belong above him on PR though because he got better results that month, but don't mix those two just yet. You don't just crown someone bonjwa and then say there's a new best player over a night unless that player actually shows that hes the king. However, the gap might be closer now since Stork is playing alot better than a few months ago. But going from playing better, to playing on Flashs level is a huge step.


It's weird. You're the one trying to prove causation: Flash winning in PL -> Flash losing in SL is fluke. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just saying that's not a logical proof, given history of players performing at vastly different levels in PL vs SL. And this is applicable to Flash too, since his SL performances vary much more widely than his PL performancse.

So again, I'm not proving anything. Rather, I'm simply using a wait-and-see attitude. It's up to you to provide causation.

i.e.
1. Player dominate the PL -> Play dominate the SLs.
2. Flash is a player who dominate the PL
3. Conclusion: Flash must also therefore dominate the SL.

#1 has never been proven to be true. Without it, #2 and #3 cannot stand by itself alone.
Meh
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 09:35 GMT
#552
JD beat Snow and will most likely knock him out, but his ZvP does not look good.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 20 2011 09:38 GMT
#553
That was ridiculously sloppy...
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 09:58:31
January 20 2011 09:56 GMT
#554
Baubo, I don't really understand your reasoning. Why make it more complicated than it is? PL and SL is not that different except that mental barriers might be a factor that a player is performing worse in either one.
You're playing a game of bw versus an opponent, thats all.

We know Flash doesn't have this mental barrier anymore.
If he plays a 100 games and lose 5 of those and those happened to matter, it's just bad luck timed losses if you are certain that the player wasn't affected by "choking".

If you dominate the PL you should be able to dominate the SLs but sometimes it doesn't work out, thats what happened this time.

I'm not saying it's impossible for stork to actually be the best player right now, I'm just saying that it's imposssible to tell yet based on what we know and that it's more likely that Flash is still the top player.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 10:05 GMT
#555
So you are both pretty much saying it's impossible to tell yet. XD
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 20 2011 10:11 GMT
#556
hope so anyway hydra looking strong
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Mooncat
Profile Joined October 2007
Germany1228 Posts
January 20 2011 11:01 GMT
#557
On January 20 2011 16:43 gen.Sun wrote:
No, the real fluke was Stork slumping for the last year. It's obvious that he just didn't care enough about StarCraft to seriously pwn everything.

It's just that now he's returning to where he should be, on top of the scene.

It's true that flash is pretty good, but even in the days when Stork barely tried Flash can barely beat him. In a Bo5 Stork would rip apart Flash.


Omg... everytime there's a halfway reasonable conversation/discussion going on, some idiot comes along and makes ridiculous troll statements.. Yes, I should ignore it but Jesus Christ......

Here's some food for thought. The maps were rather toss favored too. And I guess making the finals of a starleague can safely be considered "barely tried".

Furthermore, since 2008 Flash is 10-6 vs Stork and as far as I remember hasn't lost a single BoX vs him in those 3 years. Before 2008, Flash was basically a very talented rookie while Stork was already well established in the scene. At this point I don't think I'll have to tell you that your post is bullshit from the first letter to the last, right? You're a disgrace for all Stork fans out there, myself included.

Troll successful btw.
"[Lee Young Ho] With this victory, you’ve risen to Bonjwa status."
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 20 2011 11:05 GMT
#558
The idea that anyone would rip apart Flash in a Bo5 is hilarious. XD
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
January 20 2011 13:14 GMT
#559
Stork portrays a more aloof character in his interviews; therefore, he wasn't really trying before, and only the last month is the REAL Stork when he actually practices.
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
January 20 2011 13:22 GMT
#560
I hate Flash. I love Stork. And I believe Flash should still be number 1 on the PR. I miss Fakesteve because his power rankings werent a summary of recent results. It had some predictive analysis to it. I believe the PR should be ranking of: Given their current form who do you expect to perform better next month. Not: Who had the best results last month. If I wanted to know the results I could just look up TPLD. To put it another way, I believe the PR should be a measure of "who is most likely to win a tournament, should a new tournament start now." Every progamer (not fan) would place Flash on top of that list. Yes, I know that given such a definition of the PR, the rankings would not change much over time. So be it. If Flash is the odds-on favourite to win every tournament till the end of time then he should be number 1 till the end of time. But that's not going to happen. The field always catches up to the Bonjwa eventually.

And I repeat: I hate Flash. I love Stork.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2101
GuemChi 517
Leta 295
sSak 35
Bale 34
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Noble 16
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto14
League of Legends
JimRising 616
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King136
Other Games
summit1g8281
ceh9309
C9.Mang0281
Happy214
Sick149
ViBE112
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Lourlo1135
• Stunt453
Other Games
• Shiphtur421
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 17m
Patches Events
9h 17m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.