• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:42
CEST 18:42
KST 01:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8457 users

TeamLiquid: Site Changes - Page 25

Forum Index > News
780 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 40 Next All
MattyClutch
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States711 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 18:31:41
November 01 2011 18:29 GMT
#481
On November 02 2011 03:19 firrae wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 03:13 VashTS wrote:
On November 02 2011 03:10 MattyClutch wrote:
On November 02 2011 03:04 Azide wrote:
I don't mind the fact that Protech was defeatured..... considering the amount of hate and horrible attitudes that spawn from his channel.

If you match him in 2v2 and win, then go check out his stream to hear what he had to say about the game or his chat he will 1) ban you, 2) ban anybody supporting you.

He will then accuse you of either 1) stream cheating, 2) map hacking, 3) abusing the worst 2v2 combo in the game

It's not fair that a public figure, being put up on the featured list with max 300 viewers gets to call everyone he loses to a stream cheater/hacker meanwhile we can't defend ourselves.

While I understand it is hard for 2v2 to get a start, we have a weekly 2v2 tournament with a stream that can surely help. I don't feel like Protech accusing everyone of hacking and cheating while using racist terms and 1 basing for 10 minutes helps the 2v2 scene. In fact I think if a random person was interested and tuned in they would be put off by all the whining and accusations and stick to the opinion that 2v2 is for bad players with no skill who can just cheese.

I'd certainly think only idiots play 2v2 after watching Protech's stream



I haven't had the time to watch much SC2 lately due to work and what I did watch was mostly catching up on NASL, but I haven't seen any of this. Did I just luck out or is Azide exaggerating the situation?

Nah, ProTech does indeed do some of this, but it's being grossly over exaggerated. This is one of the couple people that have a personal vendetta against ProTech. You can see from the last few pages of his stream topic what I mean by that. It's actually pretty bad that they get away with BMing somebody constantly in that persons own topic, which is made in order to try and get in more viewers.

Maybe we were watching different streams? Do you have a censored stream or maybe a "nice" version of his stream? I checked it out twice and I couldn't stand the way he acted, and it didn't even seem like he was trying to be funny, he actually seemed to mean what he was saying O.o



Hmm maybe I have just been lucky so far? I guess I will continue to watch and hope I don't see any of that. Was nice to have a good 2v2 stream (Selects is sometimes - but usually 1v1), but I hate over the top BM. I mean a little bit of it is fine, you can't expect to totally get rid of it, but I try not to support crazy BM.

I usually prefer to watch 1v1, but team game streams are great every now and then for variety.
Nihn'kas Neehn
MRMultiBryn
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden78 Posts
November 01 2011 18:32 GMT
#482
On November 02 2011 03:08 lazyo wrote:
I love the changes overall but I HATE that you increased the site's width to 1200px. I usually browse on a 1680*1050 screen in portrait mode so now the site is bigger than my screen's width.
Take a lesson from web standards and either keep your site with the old width or better yet, make it liquid (scaling with windows size).


Wonder why they didn't opt for this. Would it have been too difficult to implement?
ShLiM
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria178 Posts
November 01 2011 18:34 GMT
#483
I love the new changes,
especially widened screen AND the customization on the streams, now I can choose only Protoss streams to be showed ^^
<3
IBASI ZMIQTA
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
November 01 2011 18:39 GMT
#484
Wow, this is pretty awesome. Good job!
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 18:49:20
November 01 2011 18:39 GMT
#485
Love the changes, even though I haven't played around with the customization. One nice thing about the widening of the body is that image posts will hopefully look nicer (able to fit more than one decent size pic per line).

The only thing I don't like is that the leaderboard ad pushes down the featured news, and interrupts the horizontal flow of the page (imo). I don't know if the leaderboard add has to be in a specific position, but I'd propose moving it below the featured news. On my laptop with a fairly standard 800 pixel height display, it still puts the ad "above the fold" (I use Chrome, which does not have excessive vertical ... cough, chrome, and do have the Windows Start Menu bar hidden or to the side, so YMMV).

Something like this:

[image loading]


Note: I don't mind the leaderboard above the main content on other pages, just on the homepage it makes it seem less cohesive of a "front page" a la newspapers.

Edit: I'm noticing inconsistent loading delays for the right side-bar. The rest of the page will load first, and then it takes a few seconds for the right sidebar to load.

Edit 2: For those who don't like the width, I wonder if a mobile version toggle could be offered.
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
RoboBob
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States798 Posts
November 01 2011 18:44 GMT
#486
Great changes, good job =)

I think people are freaking out a bit too much about the defeatures. You will still be able to check TL to see if their streams are up by expanding the "non featured" link.

We've gotten to the point where theres so much livestreaming going on that its not enough to have 100-200 average viewers anymore.
Frozzen
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden73 Posts
November 01 2011 18:49 GMT
#487
too wide, guess I have to expand my browser window to accomidate since there won't be a reversion
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a night. But set him on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life"
4vvhiplash7
Profile Joined December 2010
South Africa392 Posts
November 01 2011 18:50 GMT
#488
nice... I now have an (almost) BW only TL...
ShrikeG
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada75 Posts
November 01 2011 18:50 GMT
#489
I love the changes to the sidebar on the right, I only have one suggestion. When you toggle to show races on (for SC streams) the race appears *after* the name. I'd like them to appear to the left/before the names, so that they are all aligned vertically. It would simply look nicer.

Really great job!
But only the weak, they lack the passion to prevail, but not us, only the weak.
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
November 01 2011 18:51 GMT
#490
Everything is taking 2x longer to load....not a fan, sorry..

Still only takes 3 sec to load front page or sc2 page, but used to be half that....though i do like the icons next to streams, so i guess i decent tradeoff...but i am impatient lol...or mainly just too used to the faster
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
November 01 2011 18:51 GMT
#491
i LOVE it !!!
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
ProteiNSheikH
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
South Africa49 Posts
November 01 2011 18:51 GMT
#492
Nooooooooo, Protech is no longer featured
Hopefully this will end up motivating him to enter more of the smaller weekly tournaments.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -Verbal Kint
mewo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States221 Posts
November 01 2011 18:54 GMT
#493
These changes are really great but I think some of those streamers deserve to stay. attero, titan, ranged and a few others are active and mildly popular.
HocusPocus
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany214 Posts
November 01 2011 18:55 GMT
#494
So i turned on the race icons for the starcraft streamers and i noticed that putting the icon on the left side of the name would make it look more streamlined
AnBi - www.twitch.tv/anbi2199
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
November 01 2011 19:01 GMT
#495
Omg EPIC I really love the ideas of these changes they are FANTASTIC

I really like your reasoning for the streaming too!

It will take a while to get used to this wideness though ( a little awkward since a post's text covers even less space now, while the nametag and date etc. can take up just as much space as the actual post itself)
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
November 01 2011 19:09 GMT
#496
Most of the adds im getting are 'quick' loan (no idea if they have an english name) sites that the goverment thinks are breaking laws and people are getting fooked by them
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
November 01 2011 19:20 GMT
#497
YES yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss, no more digging through the heaps of SCII stuff to get my fix . Dear devs, thank you.
ReboundEU
Profile Joined September 2010
508 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 19:31:31
November 01 2011 19:28 GMT
#498
NICE, it's like u listened to my complaint about how the site feels (related to the number of .."stuff" u see on it).

Now if in the future u plan on doing the same for the middle and left part, that would mean 90% user customisation

Anyway..major thumbs up..really really good changes so far, looking for more in the future. Bring TL to the future ;D

EDIT: one thing i would want to know tho. Why arn't contests like MLG listed in the calendar? Only sponsored events are listed in the calendar?...meaning MLG has to pay u guys to get included in the calendar with bold numbers?
U MAD BRO?
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
November 01 2011 19:34 GMT
#499
This is really cool, but the widescreen is tripping me out haha. Gonna take a bit to get used to.

Keep up the good work, ladies and gents.
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
November 01 2011 19:43 GMT
#500
Yeah I don't get all the complaints about the wider format. I use 1680X1050 res and I hated the old layout because it meant like 50% of my screen was just whitespace on the sides. While this new format is wider, it's only slightly wider than before and barely noticeable to me as I still have a ton of whitespace on the sides.

I wish they made the layout adaptive to whatever resolution you're using so the site fills up the whole screen. Maybe one day that will happen, but anyone using a widescreen res won't notice much of a diff from before.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1186
ComeBackTV 1091
SteadfastSC976
TaKeTV 575
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex152
EnkiAlexander 75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 976
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex 152
ProTech133
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44134
Bisu 1527
Shuttle 605
EffOrt 497
Larva 371
Mini 360
Soma 280
BeSt 242
Rush 187
ZerO 111
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 108
firebathero 85
Dewaltoss 74
Mong 66
ToSsGirL 31
Sexy 30
Trap 24
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
Shine 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8315
qojqva1663
Counter-Strike
fl0m1266
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1188
Other Games
hiko1457
FrodaN1059
DeMusliM352
Livibee183
ArmadaUGS182
KnowMe136
XaKoH 106
QueenE89
Mew2King74
XBOCT74
C9.Mang070
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV264
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 32
• Hinosc 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3815
Other Games
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 18m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 18m
Online Event
18h 18m
FEL
23h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.