• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:19
CEST 10:19
KST 17:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7697 users

[SC2B] Liquipedia Update I - Page 2

Forum Index > News
35 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
StayFrosty
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada743 Posts
March 16 2010 22:37 GMT
#21
awesome, its definitely in the process of becoming a great source of sc2 info
TheFallofTroy
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada780 Posts
March 16 2010 22:45 GMT
#22
Great job guys!

Now back to work we go...
^_^V
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
March 16 2010 23:26 GMT
#23
There's already people flooding to edit in (Wiki)Spells and (Wiki)Abilities. Please use the (Wiki)AbilityTemplate for the latter! Thanks!
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-16 23:45:50
March 16 2010 23:40 GMT
#24
On March 17 2010 07:27 LuDwig- wrote:
You judge a player good because he has played a game for 3 weeks? seriously? The game is still unbalanced and unexploreted. I know the comments like this one seems not productive but I don't find real professional the "player list" at this stage of the game.

Your example (boxer hot,...) is totally different from the actual situation.


and about tournament: you don't understand what i mean. If i organize a tournament at my house it will go to liquipedia? i suppose it will not happen. So we have to put some requirement. Number of players? Fame of the site? Skill level? and for each of this point we have to discuss how to decide resepctable sites, skill level, etc etc


Yes I think a player such as Dimaga, who has won 2/3 zotac cups, good. I find players such as Orly who has won one zotac, finish second in another, good. I find a player such as LaLush who has gone to the quarterfinal of every single tournament he has been in, good. Also we're not professionals. We don't get paid. We don't get anything in return for editing liquipedia, besides the times we pat ourselfes on the shoulder, and quite frankly I find your tone condesending and extremely provocative. What's so wrong with adding players to the list? Even if they don't make it once the full version launches, they've still ACHIVED something. Lets say StarCraft 2 is as good as Brood War and people, 10 years from now, find a well written article about Dimaga. Lets say I 10 years from now find a well written article about Dimaga. That's nostalgia. We're not just creating a wiki imo, we're creating a historic document.

Why arent you arguing about us adding the patch notes? They're COMPLETELY irrelevant once the game has launched. Should we delete those? No, it'll be a fun thing to go back in a few years and laugh at how overpowerd X unit was in the beta.

And are you REALLY complaining about what we put on liquipedia? I decide what I feel is neccesary to add to liquipedia. So do you, so do everyone else who edits it. That's the main thing: if there's intrest in something regarding SC2 it should be on liquipedia. Look at the tournaments portal, I've made almost every single thing there. Tell me one thing, just one fucking thing, that does not belong there. One tournament. Is it the Zotac cup? Who will run weekly with 100 euro to the winner? Is it the ESL weekly who also runs every week but does not give out prizemoney? Maybe liquibition because I mean my god what a silly thing to do. No cash prizes, just two guys playing while its being streamed. Nothing special at all.
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
duartesito
Profile Joined March 2010
Dominican Republic32 Posts
March 16 2010 23:45 GMT
#25
Where is the Psio build vs P for the terrans... i was planning on using that tonight!!! anyone knows if is gonna go up again?
Im just out buying soy souce
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
March 17 2010 00:03 GMT
#26
On March 17 2010 08:45 duartesito wrote:
Where is the Psio build vs P for the terrans... i was planning on using that tonight!!! anyone knows if is gonna go up again?


It will end up back on there, we're just doing a bit of fiddling with it .

Ludwig, I understand your opinion and I understand that you may feel it un-necessary but it's part of the wiki and I think it is important. Yes, it's early beta and the players will all be better in a few months, but a great part of it is prediction of who will be worth looking at. Say a player wins a tournament in a year, I would not want to have to trawl through old pages and articles to find out their Starcraft 2 history which is why we're documenting it now. Doing the work as we go along is the sensible way to do it. I think you should read through Slugbreath's recent post on the The Anthill of Starcraft. If the information is there now, it is not damaging anybody, but if it is not there in the future, it is.

This is all assuming that you read the newspost where I went over our criteria for which players we are adding. In case you missed the link, here is is again: (Wiki)Talk:Portal:Players. If you have any more concerns about this content, feel free to send a member of staff a PM, or find us on IRC.





Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
March 17 2010 05:53 GMT
#27
On March 17 2010 08:40 Julmust wrote:
[Why arent you arguing about us adding the patch notes? They're COMPLETELY irrelevant once the game has launched. Should we delete those? No, it'll be a fun thing to go back in a few years and laugh at how overpowerd X unit was in the beta.



You are taking it too emotional. In my opinion you did not understand the point of my posts. Pherpas i have to say that I have editeted Liquipedia I and that I will edit Liquipedia II as much as i can to make(for what i know), so I am interested in making Liquipdia a better place not to throwing shit to your work.
And with this feeling I post my idea. My only fear is that liquipedia could become a "trash can" where everyon will put his own profile or friends' one.
The main thing I was asking are more "Common Criteria". As now they seem to be to generalists and I would like more stricted ones
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
March 17 2010 07:38 GMT
#28
Love it, Everything you need to know!!
Live and Let Die!
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
March 17 2010 09:46 GMT
#29
On March 17 2010 14:53 LuDwig- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 08:40 Julmust wrote:
[Why arent you arguing about us adding the patch notes? They're COMPLETELY irrelevant once the game has launched. Should we delete those? No, it'll be a fun thing to go back in a few years and laugh at how overpowerd X unit was in the beta.

And with this feeling I post my idea. My only fear is that liquipedia could become a "trash can" where everyon will put his own profile or friends' one.
The main thing I was asking are more "Common Criteria". As now they seem to be to generalists and I would like more stricted ones

It's a common misconception that "loose criteria" equal "free for all (= total chaos)". We are carefully judging each addition, discuss the "notability" of the player added, and you are welcome to voice your concerns about specific players on their talk-page.

That means, despite not offering rough-and-ready criteria that would have to be bent in any and every direction once we meet "reality", we have standards that are applied, maintained and which we believe to be successful so far.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
March 17 2010 10:45 GMT
#30
Great effort with the liquipedia guys. I kinda don't get the purpose of the poll, despite the current status of it the sc2 liquipedia is still incomplete and the old one is allot more useful. To the question what WILL i use more i say the new TLWiki 2.
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
Holmen
Profile Joined August 2005
Sweden7 Posts
March 17 2010 18:13 GMT
#31
I will start editing but first I need to know how do we keep track of information that is valid for specific patches? At the moment I have only seen a "warning" on the strategy sections.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/3_Warpgate_Rush_(vs._Protoss)

My suggestion is that you introduce some kind of "patch variable" that admins can set globally and all pages need a revise after each sc2 patch or if possible do some check at dates. Pages not updated since last sc2 patch gets a warning in the start of the article.
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
March 18 2010 06:11 GMT
#32
On March 18 2010 03:13 Holmen wrote:
I will start editing but first I need to know how do we keep track of information that is valid for specific patches? At the moment I have only seen a "warning" on the strategy sections.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/3_Warpgate_Rush_(vs._Protoss)

My suggestion is that you introduce some kind of "patch variable" that admins can set globally and all pages need a revise after each sc2 patch or if possible do some check at dates. Pages not updated since last sc2 patch gets a warning in the start of the article.

All directly relevant pages to whatever gets changed by a patch gets changed almost immediately, same with Patch Notes. It does take a while for the implications of the patch to get figured out though, so that's why we're holding off on other articles that are relevant to past patch changes. Don't worry, it'll get sorted out eventually . As for adding a "patch variable", I'm not exactly sure if that's possible at this point without changing every page individually.

Although for that specific case, I think it's clear at this point that the rush is no longer viable.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Holmen
Profile Joined August 2005
Sweden7 Posts
March 18 2010 06:32 GMT
#33
On March 18 2010 15:11 Mystlord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 03:13 Holmen wrote:
I will start editing but first I need to know how do we keep track of information that is valid for specific patches? At the moment I have only seen a "warning" on the strategy sections.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/3_Warpgate_Rush_(vs._Protoss)

My suggestion is that you introduce some kind of "patch variable" that admins can set globally and all pages need a revise after each sc2 patch or if possible do some check at dates. Pages not updated since last sc2 patch gets a warning in the start of the article.


All directly relevant pages to whatever gets changed by a patch gets changed almost immediately, same with Patch Notes. It does take a while for the implications of the patch to get figured out though, so that's why we're holding off on other articles that are relevant to past patch changes. Don't worry, it'll get sorted out eventually . As for adding a "patch variable", I'm not exactly sure if that's possible at this point without changing every page individually.

Although for that specific case, I think it's clear at this point that the rush is no longer viable.


Of course, changes in unit stats and so on get changed pretty fast, no doubt about that but I was thinking about e.g. the new strategy categories/modular thinking and "warnings" for old strategies. I'll explain with an example.

--- Example 1 - The current state of the wiki ---
After each patch nothing special happens unless someone goes into a strategy article and adds a box with a "warning" like the 3 warpgate rush page has now.

--- Example 2 - Another way of thinking ---
All strategy articles get a php script or similiar running at the top of each article that will print a box with a "warning" that says "This strategy hasn't been updated since <date>/<patch> and may be out of date".

The pros with this one is that all strategies listed that doesn't have the warning has been approved by someone as a viable strategy in the latest patch, some kind of quality assurance and this will make it easier for new players to find a strategy that is up to date.

Perhaps it creates to much work to go thru all articles after each patch...but that is something that has to been done anyway sort of.
NightmareX
Profile Joined March 2010
New Zealand31 Posts
March 20 2010 04:03 GMT
#34
Awesome

This is great!!!

Failing at making custom map triggers
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
March 20 2010 22:58 GMT
#35
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
Juvator
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands199 Posts
August 11 2010 22:46 GMT
#36
it feels like the protoss strategy has not been updated for quite a while and is on some parts incomplete.

I dunno how that is for the terran or zerg because its not my main race and I don't really know that much about them to see if its the same deal.

I myself find great use in the builds that are shown there and was wondering if the community could add more to this for example the PvP part only has 1 or 2 strategies showing but I reckon there are more right ?

as P player I find that playing against another P can sometimes be quite frustrating
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 238
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1051
Bisu 247
HiyA 130
hero 57
Mong 48
Shine 35
NotJumperer 26
Bale 26
sorry 24
Noble 8
[ Show more ]
Terrorterran 4
Killer 1
League of Legends
JimRising 512
Counter-Strike
ceh9531
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft776
crisheroes369
Other Games
summit1g8969
olofmeister754
PiGStarcraft327
Livibee153
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream548
Other Games
gamesdonequick505
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2383
League of Legends
• Rush1253
• Lourlo971
• Jankos714
• Stunt484
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
15h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 2h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.