• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7054 users

TTLG #1: Behind the Scenes @ OGN

Forum Index > News
54 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal

TTLG #1: Behind the Scenes @ OGN

Text byNeverGG
October 23rd, 2009 11:42 GMT
Through the Looking Glass: Modern Korean eSports at a glance.


[image loading]


I've decided to begin a series of bite-sized articles tackling the multitude of interesting and unique facets of gaming culture here in Seoul. From guides to the venues, to interviews with the leaders of STX Soul's Korean fan club I'm preparing to cover a wider range of topics than ever before with the fresh aid of video footage and experience in the field to shed light upon the world beyond each televised event.

Behind the Scenes Part One: OnGameNet Studios.

Introduction:

[image loading]


~ Memories of past triumphs. ~


If you're a devotee of live streams or VOD lists then probably you've seen the booths a thousand times, watched countless names both big and small take the journey from behind team benches to the stage. Laughed (or cried) as Khan's infamous ceremony king Lee Sungeun (Firebathero.) launched in to one of his notorious dance routines or wondered what antics Bunkie could possibly get up to next.

During OSL you may also have witnessed the bland cream walls of the backstage areas at OnGameNet's eSports broadcast studios. However, how much do you really know about the venue itself?

Whenever newcomers attend their first live match at Yongsan, the same (often awestruck) declarations can be heard. 'I always thought it was bigger.' 'You're so close to the gamers.' and invariably, 'I'm hungry.' As many people are aware the gap between what you see upon a grainy stream from thousands of miles away often doesn't reflect the sensations or realities of watching eSports being played live at one of Seoul's two main regular venues.

This article hopes to bring you a more in depth view of the OGN studios, including a virtual (commentated.) tour around the interior and exterior of the studios themselves. It might appear as though it's positive propaganda and it whole-heartedly is. Read on to discover why OGN's Yongsan studios is the definitive regular eSports venue and why if you can, you should visit it in the future.

Where is OGN studios?


OGN studios is located in Central Western Seoul at Yongsan Subway Station. This is one of Seoul's largest stations which connects the capital to the second largest city in Southern Korea, Busan (where Proleague finals is held during certain years.) Yongsan Station is in the heart of a district known for electronics and the studio itself resides upon the top floor of the 'Living and Digital' section of the massive Yongsan 'I-Park' mall. The mall itself is equipped with 9 floors of electronic goods ranging from cellphones to used computer games. The eSports stadium has it's own section of a floor that is otherwise rented out by closed front businesses (aka. Online businesses without formal shop fronts.) There is a courtyard where fan meetings are held and the studio itself is divided into two separate areas.

Virtual Tour:

[image loading]


During this video you can see the journey from Yongsan Station's exit doors up to the studio itself. Once there the main studio, plus the backstage and outside areas detailed above are toured. The press room, photo shoot area and other points of interest can also be seen.

Part One:



Part Two:



PC Bang Area:


This is an area you are less liable to see during the regular season. It is only usually used during the preliminary offline rounds of competitions such as OSL or MSL. The layout resembles that of a large PC bang (PC room.) It is a functional and sparse room without any purpose during the regular seasons of eSports. It's also kept locked at all times except for when it's being used.

The Main Studios:


Unless you don't watch live streams you've undoubtedly been exposed to the interior of the main OGN studios. This is where all the action takes place over the course of each regular season. Other than Proleague and OSL several other eSports are recorded and also relayed live via the OGN channel during the week. Anything from SD Gundam league to Dungeon and Fighter Live can be found at the studios. However, the timetables are often very difficult to obtain without direct access to staff of the venue (if your Korean isn't fluent.) There is a time table posted on OGN's official website and outside the main studio, but it is often inaccurate or missing in action.

The studio itself consists of one main room where the matches are played with a main stage and three limited-mobility cameras. The stage area always holds the two StarCraft booths which are disguised during other events using the curtains. Banners can be switched out by lowering the complex lighting rig and all of the props such as the crates seen during Special Force and other FPS live events are stored behind the right-side player benches.

[image loading]


[image loading]


~ Essential pieces of pro-gaming kit that are a staple of the backstage rooms. ~


Behind the main stage there are two rooms for the players and coaching staff to prepare before matches. They are primarily used by the StarCraft players due to a lack of appropriate equipment for teams of FPS or DF league players to practice prior to matches. There is a single computer set up in each room for players to use as well as a television for checking out the action.

[image loading]


~ This is what you'd see more than once a week if you were a pro-gamer. ~


Behind the main video screen there is a narrow walkway which connects these two rooms and provides access to the main stage. This is also where the make up station is set up. It is run by a small team of female make up artists who have turned it into a partial shrine to the Korean boy band 2pm during the last couple of months.

[image loading]


~ Korean boy-band 2pm has their very own shrine back stage. ~


[image loading]


~ Where the gamers get their noses powdered. ~


In future articles we will focus upon the function and atmosphere created by these different elements of the two main studios.

What makes OGN the definitive location for eSports in Seoul?


After almost two years of living in OGN's back pocket this reporter feels as though she is more than qualified to assess the studio itself. In comparison to MBC's LOOX Hero Centre it is the senior venue and the practised ease with which the crew approaches their work makes for a good atmosphere.

The press room and backstage areas may be modest, but they are off-set by the spacious design of the studio which doesn't impede the fans view of their favorite players in any way. It is easy for those who have come from all over Seoul and beyond to feel a connection to the event and those gamers whom they're rooting for when they can see them sitting less than ten feet away in some cases.

The lighting of the studio provides a functional and reliable environment for eSports journalists and amateur fan reporters as well. The interior of the studio is always immaculate and its location means finding food or diversions between events is never a problem. The exterior is also a great asset to the studio because it provides a space within which large numbers of fans can comfortably gather to meet their heroes after the games have concluded. This is especially apparent during the Summer season when meetings are always held outside. During the less clement weather fan meets are often held inside on the ninth floor. This is not a well lit area, but it is as comfortable as the courtyard setting for the average fan.

The concluding part of this article will discuss MBC's LOOX Hero Centre and the trials of creating a new space for professional eSports in Seoul.

A call to arms ~ How to have your say:


Is there a topic you're burning to learn more about? Perhaps you'd like to hear from the people behind the cameras at OGN? Or get the scoop on what the Hwasin fan girls *really* think about Bisu.

Comment with your ideas and I will do my best to choose the most intriguing ones to be made in to full articles over the coming season.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-23 12:08:00
October 23 2009 11:58 GMT
#2
awesome read!

gawd i want one of those keyboard bags
grats on FOMOS btw!

edit: suggestion for an article, this'd be difficult but interesting

after the TL OSL party at blizzcon this year, i think it was effort who said that he was impressed how into the mechanics of Pro play we foreigners were, but that we didnt pay much attention to style, or not as much as they do in korea

so idunno, something along the lines of Styles of starcraft in the Pro scene would be awesome
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
John49ers
Profile Joined May 2009
United States237 Posts
October 23 2009 12:02 GMT
#3
Thanks for this. I've always been interest in what goes on behind the scenes.
“The beauty of Bill's system was that there was always a place to go with the ball, ... I was the mailman, just delivering people's mail, and there were all kinds of houses to go to.”-Joe Montana
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
October 23 2009 12:04 GMT
#4
god damn. Looks good.
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
October 23 2009 12:04 GMT
#5
You know what this place needs though? Better bus routes.
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
darkemperor
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Turkey725 Posts
October 23 2009 12:06 GMT
#6
nice read.

I read the title as TTGL first and thought what could be the reason Teamliquid has space for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
#1 Kim Taek Yong Fan <3 || Legend of the Fall // Fall of the Legend
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
October 23 2009 12:10 GMT
#7
awesome work nevergg!!
dibban
Profile Joined July 2008
Sweden1279 Posts
October 23 2009 12:19 GMT
#8
Well done! Looks amazing
이제동 - 이영호 since '07.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
October 23 2009 12:31 GMT
#9
Good work!

I like the fact that you've started doing videos. :D
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Tyxiquale
Profile Joined September 2008
Australia424 Posts
October 23 2009 12:41 GMT
#10
awesome work!

Although I can't seem to pinpoint your accent.

It seems part american, part british and part australian. Please explain?
Dumb people don't know that they're dumb.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
October 23 2009 12:48 GMT
#11
wow great read. provided more insight into the studio, something I was curious about.

I want to know/see what the players do backstage =(
POGGERS
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
October 23 2009 13:03 GMT
#12
"Cloverfield-style" <-- I love it.

This is very, very cool. Thank you for doing this.
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
October 23 2009 13:33 GMT
#13
superb NeverGG! Very fun to see.
Somehow my WASD was broken tho Couldn't control the camera...
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
October 23 2009 14:12 GMT
#14
I read this as TTGL, as in the anime haha. Cool read though.
KT_Violet
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
October 23 2009 14:20 GMT
#15
Awesome job. I really enjoyed this.
#1 Kwanro Fan
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
October 23 2009 14:20 GMT
#16
I actually read it as TTGL..T_T

great read.:D
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
nomyst
Profile Joined January 2009
Sweden2 Posts
October 23 2009 14:34 GMT
#17
Or get the scoop on what the Hwasin fan girls *really* think about Bisu.


I want to know! Bisu is the best looking so FU Hwasin fan girls! rawr
Hasta la victoria siempre
unionbank
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia666 Posts
October 23 2009 14:38 GMT
#18
Great little article.. appreciate your hard efforts

Off topic: Your british accent is unique sounds abit australian and new zealand fused together
김정우.... 이겼다!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
October 23 2009 14:44 GMT
#19
Oh my god this is so awesome, I want to go there so bad!
u gotta sk8
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
October 23 2009 14:55 GMT
#20
Nice video tour, I enjoyed it - and you have a lovely accent.

Share with us the things you think we'll find interesting - that we wouldn't find out from anyone else.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
BloodDrunK
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bangladesh2767 Posts
October 23 2009 15:23 GMT
#21
Great article.enjoyed it quite a lot.
You have the power to create your own destiny.
iMarshall
Profile Joined July 2008
Norway190 Posts
October 23 2009 15:27 GMT
#22
Great read indeed! Looking forward to reading more articles!
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
October 23 2009 15:28 GMT
#23
Fantstic work NeverGG. These kinds of reports are excellent for bringing the foreign community closer to e-sports in Korea.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
October 23 2009 15:28 GMT
#24
wow, great job. I think that 2pm having their own place is kind of funny
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
KiLL_ORdeR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1518 Posts
October 23 2009 16:06 GMT
#25
what are the odds of doing a virtual tour like that in one of the pro houses?
In order to move forward, we must rid ourselves of that which holds us back. Check out my stream and give me tips! twitch.tv/intotheskyy
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
October 23 2009 16:49 GMT
#26
Wow really cool, all this new info on the e-sports scene lately is just awesome, thanks NeverGG.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
October 23 2009 16:57 GMT
#27
Very neat. =)

Thanks for this.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
October 23 2009 17:02 GMT
#28
Thanks for the great article! I'm actually impressed at how small the place is. You generally except the studio to be much, much larger- but I suppose that is how it is for the most behind-the-scene places.
CaptainPlatypus
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States852 Posts
October 23 2009 17:16 GMT
#29
Way cool! Thanks a lot NeverGG. I'm struck by the immense contrast between the OGN studio and, say, Dodger Stadium.

I'd be interested in things like what keyboards and mice can be used, how each player's settings are saved so that they can all play on relatively short notice with no trouble, et cetera, but I'm sure there's a better way I can learn about that than making you write about it, and it doesn't really lend itself to photography.

A virtual tour of one of the team houses (preferably CJ, T1, or KT, in my immensely biased opinion) would be incredibly baller, but I don't know how practical it is. I'd also be interested in how exposed to progaming Koreans tend to be (I seem to remember you telling me in IRC sometime that a bunch of your students were pretty familiar with it; is that typical? does most of the country ignore it? or is it more like baseball in the United States, where you get a full spectrum from obsessed fans to people who couldn't even name more than one or two teams, weighted towards the latter end?). The fan club head interview you mentioned sounds like it could give at least some information in that regard. I'd also LOVE to read (or watch) an interview with a map designer or two. Preferably not the one responsible for Battle Royale.
viewer
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada662 Posts
October 23 2009 18:28 GMT
#30
Pretty neat seeing all the behind the scenes stuff. Nice work as always thanks.
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
October 23 2009 19:13 GMT
#31
Was neat walking through all of that with you. Thanks again for a memorable eSports experience, NeverGG ^^
Writer
arlber
Profile Joined June 2009
United States58 Posts
October 23 2009 19:49 GMT
#32
Great videos, can't wait for more. Is courtyard area open or is there some sort of glass ceiling? I couldn't really tell, but it looked like you were outside from the lighting.
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
October 23 2009 20:01 GMT
#33
Wow, so much effort and heart has gone into this one. Favourite part is the videos!
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
p53
Profile Joined September 2009
297 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-23 20:21:50
October 23 2009 20:21 GMT
#34
Thanks for the tour!! I hope I can go someday. 2pm ^^;;;;.... I'm kind of curious how much these progamers spend getting make-up done in the booths.
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
October 23 2009 20:45 GMT
#35
NeverGG, I am forever in your debt for the virtual tour! Thanks!
VorcePA
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1102 Posts
October 23 2009 21:38 GMT
#36
On October 23 2009 20:42 NeverGG wrote:

Is there a topic you're burning to learn more about? Perhaps you'd like to hear from the people behind the cameras at OGN? Or get the scoop on what the Hwasin fan girls *really* think about Bisu.

Comment with your ideas and I will do my best to choose the most intriguing ones to be made in to full articles over the coming season.


I'm not much for American paparazzi, but the pro-gaming stuff kind of interests me.

I've listened to you talk about your disdain for Tossgirl and her attitude -- that being she puts up a huge front for the camera and is well... snooty when off-camera.

I'd like to know more about other pro-gamers behind-the-scenes.

iloveoov and Boxer are the leaders of the SKT1 team. How do they lead their team? How do they act when their team loses (IE, are they stoic? Do they give morale-boosting speeches?)

When firebathero is in the back after a win, is he still as celebratory as he was when he was on-stage?

How about before an event starts? How is everyone acting? Who's freaking out over their on-stage game they are about to play? Who is arrogant? Who looks like they're calm but is actually about to break down in to tears?

I think the on-stage drama is somewhat for-show, but it's the behind-the-scene stuff that is raw and much more enlightening.
Shitposting
FallingTeardrops
Profile Joined October 2009
United States46 Posts
October 23 2009 23:30 GMT
#37
i want to get the scoop on what the hwasin fan girls *really* think about Bisu, please!
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
October 24 2009 01:42 GMT
#38
On October 23 2009 23:55 Zona wrote:
Nice video tour, I enjoyed it - and you have a lovely accent.

Share with us the things you think we'll find interesting - that we wouldn't find out from anyone else.


Aww, how come no one says * I * have a lovely accent? Americans get no love.
Kudos to you, Kerr, for taking the time to do this - anyone who's been to Yongsan can tell you what a pain it is to find the e-sports arena.
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
Ducci
Profile Joined April 2009
United States588 Posts
October 24 2009 02:15 GMT
#39
The virtual tour was very interesting, thanks a lot
Initial_H.C.
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada560 Posts
October 24 2009 02:25 GMT
#40
Very interesting to see the whole studio! Thanks NeverGG, awesome work.
VorcePA
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1102 Posts
October 24 2009 03:27 GMT
#41
On October 24 2009 10:42 lilsusie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2009 23:55 Zona wrote:
Nice video tour, I enjoyed it - and you have a lovely accent.

Share with us the things you think we'll find interesting - that we wouldn't find out from anyone else.


Aww, how come no one says * I * have a lovely accent?


You get points for showing your face when Never won't.
Shitposting
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
October 24 2009 03:53 GMT
#42
awespe, read as always! there should be a tl raffle to go to korea hahah
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Sentient66
Profile Joined July 2009
United States651 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-24 04:42:50
October 24 2009 04:42 GMT
#43
I really want to watch those videos, but I must settle for listening to them because I got motion sick just watching them.

Edit: Not trying to bash on the videos in any way, I just hate how easily I get motion sickness.
seNsiX.421
KillForce
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden36 Posts
October 24 2009 07:16 GMT
#44
i like things like this, thanks. i agree that you your accent is great nevergg!

you get very good photos for such a small environment, i've never thought of it as all being in a tiny concrete yard.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
October 24 2009 10:13 GMT
#45
On October 23 2009 21:41 Tyxiquale wrote:
awesome work!

Although I can't seem to pinpoint your accent.

It seems part american, part british and part australian. Please explain?


I'm honestly not sure myself. I've been living away from home for a long time and I do think teaching has influenced my accent, but I've never been to America or Australia even for a holiday. So it's kind of inexplicable
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 24 2009 13:54 GMT
#46
Cool

I just realized that the "e-sports" we see in VOD:s is quite the big illusion compared to these real life studios. Kind of sad, but yeah
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-24 14:10:27
October 24 2009 14:09 GMT
#47
This really felt like being able to go there myself and check it out. I feel more connected to the players and the scene just from having seen all of this - I'm sure the knowledge of what the surrounding building is like will be with me everytime I watch streams of games at OGN

Thank you for this!
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
October 24 2009 18:13 GMT
#48
Thank you for the virtual tour and the article, very interesting to someone that will likely never find themselves in Korea.

Accent: Has to be kiwi!
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
ZergZoul
Profile Joined April 2007
Mexico408 Posts
October 25 2009 03:22 GMT
#49
Thanks for the tour!
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
October 25 2009 07:24 GMT
#50
On October 25 2009 03:13 Synwave wrote:
Thank you for the virtual tour and the article, very interesting to someone that will likely never find themselves in Korea.

Accent: Has to be kiwi!


Hahaha I'm British, but I don't mind being called a Kiwi.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
October 26 2009 21:07 GMT
#51
Darn I fail -_-
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
October 27 2009 00:25 GMT
#52
On October 27 2009 06:07 Synwave wrote:
Darn I fail -_-


Nah, a lot of people can't pin it down because my accent seems to change on a regular basis. I'm confounded by it myself.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
October 27 2009 00:58 GMT
#53
I get that here but more because I grew up all over so I don't carry much of any particular regional accent. The British one I am most familiar with is my closest friend who happens to be from Weymouth (weh-muff)
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
FusionCutter
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada974 Posts
October 27 2009 08:06 GMT
#54
Wicked post!!! Thank you!
movitz
Profile Joined October 2009
Sweden15 Posts
October 28 2009 00:32 GMT
#55
you'r doing amazing job nevergg! its no nice to se how its on set on korea. for future work i would love to "meet" with the fans of the big names. who are they, do they play them selfs etc.

keep up the good work.
cheers
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 704
White-Ra 105
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever572
NeuroSwarm189
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv260
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe168
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr109
Other Games
summit1g8237
shahzam585
JimRising 518
C9.Mang0332
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick768
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream337
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta12
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.