• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:08
CEST 06:08
KST 13:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7636 users

[GG] Red Army Mafia - Page 42

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 63 Next
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
August 03 2009 02:22 GMT
#821
Why was this day shortened?
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 03 2009 02:25 GMT
#822
Don't question our great leader.
In DotA you could
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
August 03 2009 02:27 GMT
#823
On August 03 2009 11:22 LucasWoJ wrote:
Why was this day shortened?

because im a dick
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 03 2009 02:28 GMT
#824
On August 03 2009 11:27 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2009 11:22 LucasWoJ wrote:
Why was this day shortened?

because im a dick




So then you can play Dota with us now, MIRITE?
In DotA you could
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
August 03 2009 02:30 GMT
#825
On August 03 2009 11:28 Elemenope wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2009 11:27 Caller wrote:
On August 03 2009 11:22 LucasWoJ wrote:
Why was this day shortened?

because im a dick




So then you can play Dota with us now, MIRITE?

ur never on
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 03 2009 02:31 GMT
#826
On August 03 2009 11:30 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2009 11:28 Elemenope wrote:
On August 03 2009 11:27 Caller wrote:
On August 03 2009 11:22 LucasWoJ wrote:
Why was this day shortened?

because im a dick




So then you can play Dota with us now, MIRITE?

ur never on


wat
More like
You're in the wrong place.
In DotA you could
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
August 03 2009 02:38 GMT
#827
Hit a rebel, and have 4-5 deserters. In Soviet Russia, town kills you.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 03 2009 05:03 GMT
#828
On August 03 2009 11:38 So no fek wrote:
Hit a rebel, and have 4-5 deserters. In Soviet Russia, town kills you.




Whoa whoa
whoa
whoa



whoa
In DotA you could
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 03 2009 05:12 GMT
#829
^_^
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 03 2009 05:59 GMT
#830
On August 03 2009 14:12 Ace wrote:
^_^



obviously scum
In DotA you could
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 03 2009 06:41 GMT
#831
I heard I wasn't being mean and condescending enough so I'm here to fling moar insults
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
August 03 2009 12:43 GMT
#832
Okay time for my move.

Everyone PM me your roles

I understand that, aside from the veteran DT plan, which I am thankful at least one of the DTs have followed (because it's the optimal strategy), I haven't posted anything in the thread for a variety of reasons. Thus most of this post will give reasons for my plan, actions, and innocence. It will be quite long winded, but as I am attempting to get a mass roleclaim, I will need to give a good deal of evidence to convince people of my innocence.




First of all, my thoughts and plans for this game.

In the beginning it was clear that this game cannot be played as a normal game can. The mafia is extremely strong but isolated. Thus any proper plan must make use of their lack of knowledge against them while preventing them from learning key knowledge. This can be done in two ways: firstly, confusion, secondly, infiltration. While the latter is the most ideal, it's not something I can easily pull off. I am one of the most well known players here and thus most people are inherently going to be suspicious of anything I try to do. So I had to settle for the less optimal, but easier to pull off strategy of confusion. In doing so I had to remain quiet of who the mafia were to prevent them from doing anything. That is why I have 3 more mafia found right now but can't release their names. I want them dead but I need vigis to do so. And while I'm getting vigi info, why not get the whole kitchen sink and seal the game while I'm at it?

Over the course of the day 1 and night 1 I sent this pm to about 40-45 people (I avoided certain people for various reasons).

As you are aware, it's vital that people who have the same objectives know each other and coordinate a common strategy.

I believe that our objectives are the same.

It's not necessary to respond immediately. I trust my own analysis and there's no need for you to trust me right away. When the right time comes, I'll be here.


Now my ultimate objective of this were to:

a) get a number of responses and get some solid analysis from that information
b) get the mafia to waste a rolecheck me


I designed it so that it was ambigious enough to dissuade people from posting it in the thread and thus realizing that others received it, while making mafia curious enough to waste a rolecheck on me because again, they did not know anyone else received it. Yeah some DT checks would be wasted as well, but at least they would get in contact with me and I could coordinate them (luckily only 1 has so little wastage was made). I didn't want to post in the thread because I wanted to seem suspicious (as well as I could after posting that veteran/dt plan which made me look too obviously innocent lol) and milk this bait pm for as much as I could.




Note that pm's should be read bottom up.

+ Show Spoiler [Catching Clazziquai] +
I honestly did not try to catch Clazz this way, he just made a gigantic error. I got this response immediately after sending out my bait pm.

(me) You already trusted me with your role by saying that . It's okay though, we're on the same side. Whether you trust me or not is up to you. If you don't, you can confirm it tonight. If you do, then we got to find 2 others to confirm. I have some ideas.
----------------------------------------------
(Clazz) What role are you? I can't trust you so easily. :/


Trust me? With what? The only reason he'd want to trust me is if I was mafia. Responding to that pm in the first place is already a pointer in the direction of mafia but his response is so blatant it just stares in the face. Furthermore I sent him a response after basically telling him we're both mafia, and then he never responds back though he is clearly active and responding to other pm's. The only explanation for this is that he is mafia and rolechecked me.

I gave all the evidence to Ace several hours before the end of the election yet due to some strange mishaps Clazz didn't die. However, on that evidence and probably wanting to confirm my own alignment, Ace investigated Clazz in the night and confirmed it. I considered posting in the thread to support Ace's claim but the winds flowed in our favor and Clazz died without problems, so it was unnecessary.


+ Show Spoiler [Catching Kuja] +
Kuja was frankly an obvious catch because Kuja only plays when he has a role. Thus from the moment that he started playing and responding to an early pm I knew he had a role and just had to find out what it was. Here were the pm's:

(Me) Well here's the thing: I know you have a role, I'm just not sure which one.

My guess is that because you didn't react much to my accusation of you as blue, you aren't a blue. A real blue would be more afraid or defensive.

That leaves you as mafia, yes? Welcome to the club.



-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
(Kuja) why u say that?

-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
(Me) You're a blue role aren't you.

Which one?



Having gotten his response, I made stuff up and slanted my 'interpretation' of events to put pressure on him in an optimal way to judge his reaction (during the night I might add). So if he was blue, he would have responded with a defense. After all, a blue doesn't want to be falsely accused as mafia and would certainly not ignore someone who calls them out as mafia. They might even try to play along to infiltrate. Basically as a blue he has no reason not to reply to that pm.

But if he was mafia, he would inherently be afraid in this situation. First thing he would've done is rolecheck me. And when that RC comes up as green, he'd realize what I was doing and see to benefit to talking with me. Him being mafia is the only explanation for not responding to that pm, for there was no way he was green (he posted in the thread several times and I had someone else PM him to confirm he's reading them).


Clazz is dead and is proven to be mafia. Kuja admitted his role later to Scara for a double confirmation. Two down.




This situation puts the mafia in quite a pickle. They must kill me tonight before I can get all the roles and coordinate everyone, for should I live to the next night I will certainly have a confirmed innocent to pass on the information to and will have coordinated all of the town power roles. Thus the mafia must kill me tonight. But because and I will surely get medics to protect me, they cannot afford to skimp on hits yet at the same cannot coordinate enough hits. So just as the night before I will waste the mafia's actions, or they will face a lost game for sure. Either way, we win.

In a way this is an interesting experiment. I caught 2 mafia for certain and set them up to be killed through the appropriate channels. In addition, 3 more have already been found and will be killed once the vigi's get in touch with me. Will you trust me, having done all this? What more is necessary to gain that trust? This is a game winning move if you feel you can trust me, so read the evidence and make that choice.

Summary:

Everyone PM me your roles. Yes, even if you are a green. This is the game deciding move, because now the town will have more information and many more numbers than the mafia, who will have to waste another turn or lose to a town that knows and coordinates all the roles.
Liquipedia
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 03 2009 12:47 GMT
#833
hmmm I think you should publicly release those mafia names before anyone does anything
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
August 03 2009 13:45 GMT
#834
Ver, you have nothing to lose by releasing the names publicly now. You can't prove much with the names of 2 dead mafia. If all the townies with roles pm you tonight, and you turn out to be mafia.. I guess thats the end of it.

Unless ver is proven to be not mafia, townies should just keep the roles to themselves.
..
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 03 2009 14:50 GMT
#835
On August 03 2009 21:47 Ace wrote:
hmmm I think you should publicly release those mafia names before anyone does anything


Ace
aCe
acE

lololololscumshadesactivate?
In DotA you could
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
August 03 2009 14:51 GMT
#836
Not sure if I like this power play. You're basically doing the same thing Clazz did, only for the town.

If you're a townie, you can get names of red townies and coordinate us. That's good.

If you're a rebel, you get names of red townies and post them publicly for all the other rebels to read freely before we lynch you. That would be disastrous.

Your story is nice, but words are wind. Claiming credit for figuring out Clazz and Kuja is just that, claiming credit.

It's an interesting plan, but if we go through with it and you turn out to be mafia, we're giving the blues exactly what they need to win. For now, I would suggest townies to keep their roles to themselves.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 03 2009 14:54 GMT
#837
To be fair Ver didn't claim on Clazz. Literally all he did was speed up what I was going to do anyway as Clazz was one of my top suspects because he voted for L. his plan is good, and he unveiled it at the perfect time. The only problem is we have to wait for him to release the names of those "confirmed" Mafia before we go any further.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
August 03 2009 15:03 GMT
#838
I caught kuja better ver
stolen thunder
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
August 03 2009 15:32 GMT
#839
I claim publicly that im townie. And I didnt get the pm from Ver. i guess im not "that" good.
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 03 2009 15:32 GMT
#840
Finger boom.
In DotA you could
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
ProTech119
Nina 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2179
Shuttle 1177
Snow 74
Dewaltoss 59
Noble 49
Bale 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1092
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor633
Other Games
summit1g8904
JimRising 658
C9.Mang0308
PiGStarcraft279
Mew2King245
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta17
• practicex 10
• Response 9
• Letter145
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota215
League of Legends
• Lourlo1207
• Rush439
• Stunt264
Other Games
• Scarra838
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 53m
OSC
17h 53m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.