• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11611 users

TL Mafia 2 [GG] - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 349 Next
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
March 18 2008 22:01 GMT
#661
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 18 2008 22:02 GMT
#662
I'm going to publicly ask for Paramedic protection tonight, as if it turns out there is a hit on me, it'll mean a) my suspicions are somewhat correct b) they're all completely wrong
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
March 18 2008 22:02 GMT
#663
putting myself outside the circle gives me freedom to gather clues

a giuliani strategy
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-18 22:03:52
March 18 2008 22:03 GMT
#664
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


He means a detective mayor AND pardoner is better, I think.

There are 110 townies and 20 mafia. If we use our doubles wisely we can easily tip the balance.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
March 18 2008 22:04 GMT
#665
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


1. DT is the dark templar role, which can kill anyone.

2. Enabling double lynches allows for more mafia deaths - lynches are the only way we can kill mafia.

3. I meant to say paramedic. If I'm not mayor/pardoner and a paramedic protects me, the mafia are smart enough to post two hits on me to ensure my death.
Moderator
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
March 18 2008 22:05 GMT
#666
I thought so too, but why is he using "/" then? :/ And what does it have to do with his goal? Is he asking for an "other" detective to come out as well?

And all this talk about "a mafia mayor is just as good" is just...
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 18 2008 22:05 GMT
#667
On March 19 2008 07:04 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


1. DT is the dark templar role, which can kill anyone.

2. Enabling double lynches allows for more mafia deaths - lynches are the only way we can kill mafia.

3. I meant to say paramedic. If I'm not mayor/pardoner and a paramedic protects me, the mafia are smart enough to post two hits on me to ensure my death.


Dark Templar role? Is that in the OP?
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
March 18 2008 22:07 GMT
#668
Wait up. I thought we had been using DT to mean Detective
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
March 18 2008 22:07 GMT
#669
On March 19 2008 07:05 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2008 07:04 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


1. DT is the dark templar role, which can kill anyone.

2. Enabling double lynches allows for more mafia deaths - lynches are the only way we can kill mafia.

3. I meant to say paramedic. If I'm not mayor/pardoner and a paramedic protects me, the mafia are smart enough to post two hits on me to ensure my death.


Dark Templar role? Is that in the OP?


Suicide Bomber.
Moderator
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
March 18 2008 22:07 GMT
#670
On March 19 2008 07:07 GeneralStan wrote:
Wait up. I thought we had been using DT to mean Detective


Yes, my mistake. I thought we had Dark Templar. We actually have Suicide Bombers. They do the same thing.
Moderator
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
March 18 2008 22:08 GMT
#671
On March 19 2008 07:05 Mynock wrote:
I thought so too, but why is he using "/" then? :/ And what does it have to do with his goal? Is he asking for an "other" detective to come out as well?

And all this talk about "a mafia mayor is just as good" is just...


No. I thought DT stood for Dark Templar. We don't have those in this game. They're Suicide Bombers. So I meant to say Suicide Bombers.

But seriously, read my latest argument post for my candidacy. It spells out exactly why I need to be elected.
Moderator
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 18 2008 22:08 GMT
#672
On March 19 2008 07:07 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2008 07:05 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:04 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


1. DT is the dark templar role, which can kill anyone.

2. Enabling double lynches allows for more mafia deaths - lynches are the only way we can kill mafia.

3. I meant to say paramedic. If I'm not mayor/pardoner and a paramedic protects me, the mafia are smart enough to post two hits on me to ensure my death.


Dark Templar role? Is that in the OP?


Suicide Bomber.


Oooh alright. I don't see how a SB mayor could be considered good for town in any case, besides the fact that their role is basically nullified.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-18 22:09:43
March 18 2008 22:09 GMT
#673
edit: forget all of this.

no, it's either one of the roles in Tracil's game, or one of the roles Chuiu was planning to use, but scrapped.

This version has no SC influence so Dark Templar isn't in it. Unless he means vigilante which I believe is what the DT essentially is.
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
March 18 2008 22:09 GMT
#674
Dark Templar? The term DT was used before in this thread several times, always denoting detective. What Dark Templar?

I'm beginning to think now that Empyrean, if not mafia, is a towny saboteur who wants to cause misunderstanding just for fun cause he only got a plain towny or something. Either way, I don't know what to make of all of this yet, but you sure drew a hell of a lot of attention to yourself.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
March 18 2008 22:11 GMT
#675
On March 19 2008 07:08 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2008 07:07 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:05 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:04 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


1. DT is the dark templar role, which can kill anyone.

2. Enabling double lynches allows for more mafia deaths - lynches are the only way we can kill mafia.

3. I meant to say paramedic. If I'm not mayor/pardoner and a paramedic protects me, the mafia are smart enough to post two hits on me to ensure my death.


Dark Templar role? Is that in the OP?


Suicide Bomber.


Oooh alright. I don't see how a SB mayor could be considered good for town in any case, besides the fact that their role is basically nullified.


It ensures that the mayor is safe from Suicide Bombers if all the bodyguards die - the paramedics will still probably protect the mayor.
Moderator
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
March 18 2008 22:11 GMT
#676
i think it may be best if empyrean is made pardoner rather than mayor. that way if he IS mafia, then we don't lose the mayor role, though the pardoner is important i'd rather lose that role than the mayor. and then there's the protection of being pardoner as a DT too, which if he is a detective and not mafia the town will benefit. the mayor role should go to someone like Ace whose capable of being productive to the town and provides plans or the town to get organized, and the added bonus of having a detective pardoner to turn too as well.
@QxGDarkCell ._.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
March 18 2008 22:11 GMT
#677
On March 19 2008 07:09 Mynock wrote:
Dark Templar? The term DT was used before in this thread several times, always denoting detective. What Dark Templar?

I'm beginning to think now that Empyrean, if not mafia, is a towny saboteur who wants to cause misunderstanding just for fun cause he only got a plain towny or something. Either way, I don't know what to make of all of this yet, but you sure drew a hell of a lot of attention to yourself.


Yes, my mistake, I hadn't realized DT meant detective instead of the suicide bomber role.

But it's in the town's best interest to vote me.
Moderator
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 18 2008 22:13 GMT
#678
On March 19 2008 07:11 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2008 07:08 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:07 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:05 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:04 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


1. DT is the dark templar role, which can kill anyone.

2. Enabling double lynches allows for more mafia deaths - lynches are the only way we can kill mafia.

3. I meant to say paramedic. If I'm not mayor/pardoner and a paramedic protects me, the mafia are smart enough to post two hits on me to ensure my death.


Dark Templar role? Is that in the OP?


Suicide Bomber.


Oooh alright. I don't see how a SB mayor could be considered good for town in any case, besides the fact that their role is basically nullified.


It ensures that the mayor is safe from Suicide Bombers if all the bodyguards die - the paramedics will still probably protect the mayor.


SB = suicide bomber in my post
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Yogurt
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States4258 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-18 22:15:05
March 18 2008 22:13 GMT
#679
even if empyrean is mafia, i dont see how it could potentially be THAT bad

his double vote doesn't count for much, and if he doesn't put our double lynch demands to use, we can just lynch him and be done with it

if he is really townie, or detective as he claims, then he would truly be a crazy help to the town

he knows the game, winning it last round, and writing a detailed summary, so either way we either get a huge plus, or a not so bad negative
ok dont not so good something is something ok ok ok gogogo
Mynock
Profile Joined September 2002
4492 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-18 22:15:24
March 18 2008 22:13 GMT
#680
On March 19 2008 07:11 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2008 07:08 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:07 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:05 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:04 Empyrean wrote:
On March 19 2008 07:01 Mynock wrote:
Empyrian, none of the points you made make any sense. Every further post you make just makes you look more and more suspicious.

I don't see what kind of tactic it is to always enable double lynches and why it is in town's best interest. I don't see how "bodyguard protection is wasted" once mafia will put multiple targets up. In fact, I don't even get it what you want to say :/ Equally like "A detective mayor/pardoner is the best bet for the town. Even more so than a DT mayor."

So a detective mayor is better than a detective mayor? What?


1. DT is the dark templar role, which can kill anyone.

2. Enabling double lynches allows for more mafia deaths - lynches are the only way we can kill mafia.

3. I meant to say paramedic. If I'm not mayor/pardoner and a paramedic protects me, the mafia are smart enough to post two hits on me to ensure my death.


Dark Templar role? Is that in the OP?


Suicide Bomber.


Oooh alright. I don't see how a SB mayor could be considered good for town in any case, besides the fact that their role is basically nullified.


It ensures that the mayor is safe from Suicide Bombers if all the bodyguards die - the paramedics will still probably protect the mayor.


The suicide bombers can't kill a mayor, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever if they could. [edit: and suggesting all the bodyguards would die before is really far fetched]

So either you haven't read the rules at all (don't know the roles, don't know the abilities), or you're doing all this deliberately, or you said something you now want to be unsaid.

Any case, I think it's now in your best interest to step down from the election and let us decide later

Because either you're not serious enough about the task of a mayor or a mafia. Not a good choice any way. Plus you've now made yourself sound suspicious.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 349 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 222
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm90
League of Legends
Doublelift3809
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee185
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 28
• HeavenSC 12
• Sammyuel 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur535
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Replay Cast
1h 7m
OSC
14h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.