+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
Please read the entire thread before signing up. Thank you.
* Onegu, Rsoultin, and ArtanisXP will be co-hosting this game. You may PM and ask any of us questions at any time, however please ensure you send all actions to all hosts or your actions will not resolve. T. You may PM and ask any of us questions at any time, however please ensure you send all actions to all hosts or your actions will not resolve.
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia can eliminate all the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players unless cleared by the host in advance. Otherwise, only you may post on your account.
11. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role OR alignment PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your PMs to prove your alignment or role. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your PM.
12. Posting a false role PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
13. Encryption of any type.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.
Rules specific to this game are also shown in blue text in this thread.
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.
You must post in this thread once per cycle while you are alive and vote every day. I'll probably try to warn you first, but if you fail to follow activity rules, you will be inactivity modkilled.
Try to stay on-topic while playing
Sure but please let me know who you are.
There are no coaches in this game.
Not this game.
Try not to spam. If it happens, it happens. Sometimes you gotta triple post, etc. Don't worry about it too much. If I think you're spamming I'll tell you to stop, and then you'll stop. Not stopping is strictly prohibited.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. This is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting, even triple-posting. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host, Foolishness before involving the TL staff. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally. Stuff like "this argument is dumb because XYZ" is fine. Stuff like "you are doing ABC, which is dumb" or "you're dumb if you do ABC" is mostly fine. Stuff like "you're dumb. lolooloooo" is not fine. I expect personal attacks to be avoided at all costs. If you cross the line I will let you know and you will almost always be warned before being modkilled but lets try to keep it civil.
The report button is a nice feature for regular TL, but not for this forum. We prefer to deal with things in house if possible to avoid confusion among the TL staff. If you have a problem with how someone is posting, talk to the host, co-host, Flamewheel, or Mig before using your report button. Please do not use your report button for anything other than inappropriate posts which you feel are not being dealt with adequately.
Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. This does not mean, for example, that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing. If you're not playing to win you risk a modkill. This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without a ban. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game; I will attempt to accommodate.
You have been warned.
1. Voting is donein the voting thread.[/url]. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote Blazinghand. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
4.5. You can vote for a no-lynch if you want to.
5. This game follows a simple plurality lynch. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is lynched. In the event of a tie, the player that reached the most number of votes most recently first is lynched. Certain abilities may change this.
6. Voting by the end of the natural day cycle is mandatory.
7. Once the day is over, please do not post until the night-post.
Anyone may sign up for this game, even if they are a noob. However, I strongly recommend you play a normal game first before playing this game, which is a heavily themed game.
There are no invites this game. Signups are open to all!
This game follows theTL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment. If you want to use this game to sit out your ban, please PM Blazinghand and post in the Ban List thread, and also type /sitout in the thread here.
I love replacements, but I hope never to use them. There are replacement slots, so sign up if you're interested. Replacements will be made up until N1. You're encouraged to find your own replacement if you need to replace out. After N2 begins there will be no more replacing.
There are no clues. All flavor is just that-- flavor.
PMs are not allowed in this game unless your role explicitly allows it.
This game will follow a 48 hour day cycle/23 hour+1 night. This means all night actions must be in 1 hour before the official deadline at which point a 1-hour resolution period will begin. In case I or another co-host is not able to post around deadline, stop posting and wait for us. Currently the action resolution 22:00 GMT (+00:00), . Actions will be accepted up to and including the posted times, but not after.
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer. Also also thanks to my cohosts for letting me bug them incessantly for ideas/help and writing stuff.
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. Right frigging now.
I expect a LOT of questions this game and the more you can answer yourselves, the better. That being said,
I am open to questions any time. If something doesn't make sense, please ask. That doesn’t necessarily mean your question will be answered.