• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:21
CEST 08:21
KST 15:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9163 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII - Page 41

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 77 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 15 2017 22:44 GMT
#801
On October 16 2017 07:44 Damerion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 07:39 Damdred wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:35 Damerion wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:33 Holyflare wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:31 Damdred wrote:
His read on Oats did change though, idk why you are are acting like he was hard town reading him.

The medic dodge isnt a rela point, and his oats conversion comnection is at least interesting.

Eh I wont vote for him I think.


And where does this happen Damdred, pray tell?


In the long Gracky post where I dont like how oats acts either.


But didnt you say the whole point was grack and not oats?


Well, the point of the post was how Grackaroni reacted with Oatsmaster.

But I still thought that Oatsmaster response, lack of response, or just general tone left a lot to be desired of.

I think that Onegu at this point has a better shot at it, but Oatsmaster should not be ignored. He was really afk at lynch time and around that time, but in the past game he was super present during the ongoing procedure and he was trying to facilitate the vote.

Here he just exists and though he pressures he has no real follow through.


Why does onegu spend 50% of his catching up posts calling you mafia but your narrative is that he tried to get votes off conversion by lynching a wagon with 1 vote on it?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 15 2017 22:45 GMT
#802
On October 15 2017 08:21 Damdred wrote:
Here is the thing df, I wish I could call you confirmed town. I wont talk about lynching you tommorow for sure.

But the way you were trying to instigate the shenany or seemed to sort of takes away your confirmed status.


On October 16 2017 07:31 Damdred wrote:
His read on Oats did change though, idk why you are are acting like he was hard town reading him.

The medic dodge isnt a rela point, and his oats conversion comnection is at least interesting.

Eh I wont vote for him I think.

dude you wishy washy like crazy. Why are you refusing to take any positions at all?
No gg, No skill.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 15 2017 22:45 GMT
#803
Why does someone ignoring pressure on them equate to them being mafia Damerion?
Damerion
Profile Joined September 2017
149 Posts
October 15 2017 22:46 GMT
#804
On October 16 2017 07:43 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 07:17 Holyflare wrote:
Why does he think Onegu is mafia but didn't vote to save his partner conversion? Why doesn't that play into his read in the slightest? His entire read on Onegu is based on CONVERSION'S filter instead of Onegu's filter. If Damerion is town why on earth would he ever think that someone that scum read him and DIDN'T vote him to save his partner would be mafia? That's entirely the opposite conclusion anyone in that position should think.


This is a very good point and I agree.

From damerions point of view, where he should be considering himself town, there's absolutely no reason why he should expect onegu not to vote for him if conversion and onegu are mafia partners.


But with how Conversion was flopping around, what happens if Onegu saves him in that situation?

Once Conversion flips (after I flip town), he is instantly connected with Conversion and has a much greater chance to flip afterwards.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 15 2017 22:48 GMT
#805
On October 16 2017 07:46 Damerion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 07:43 ruXxar wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:17 Holyflare wrote:
Why does he think Onegu is mafia but didn't vote to save his partner conversion? Why doesn't that play into his read in the slightest? His entire read on Onegu is based on CONVERSION'S filter instead of Onegu's filter. If Damerion is town why on earth would he ever think that someone that scum read him and DIDN'T vote him to save his partner would be mafia? That's entirely the opposite conclusion anyone in that position should think.


This is a very good point and I agree.

From damerions point of view, where he should be considering himself town, there's absolutely no reason why he should expect onegu not to vote for him if conversion and onegu are mafia partners.


But with how Conversion was flopping around, what happens if Onegu saves him in that situation?

Once Conversion flips (after I flip town), he is instantly connected with Conversion and has a much greater chance to flip afterwards.


What happens if Onegu saves him? Nothing. He has a built up filter of disliking your posts and has no suspicion from voting you other than he saved mafia which doesn't necessitate that he is mafia in the slightest. He also saved his mafia partner for one more cycle and potentially many more if Conversion gets the credit built up over time.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 15 2017 22:49 GMT
#806
Guys wanna lynch damdred?
No gg, No skill.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 15 2017 22:50 GMT
#807
On October 16 2017 07:42 Grackaroni wrote:
Ok look at when Damerion town reads Oats. It is at the start of the game when he is asked by Mr Lonelyclock what he though of Oats, and the read is based off of series of posts where he questions Ruxxar, which were posts that I also liked from Oats. He gave this read before I pointed out things about Oats' tone. Later on he does seem to walk back his Oats read a bit saying that he found it interesting that Oats ignored my accusation.

I think it's way more likely that his read changed without him updating it as town and believed the lynch to be TvT than that he panicked and voted off wagon because he was too afraid to bus when one of the two of them was very likely to die anyway.

Plus his posts have been way townier in this game than the other one imo. His thought process seems much more in depth whereas the other one I would have scum read him if I wasn't scum. That game it looked like he just chose a scum read and then went through the motions of asking people to kill him every so often rather than actually making an attempt to solve the game.


What in the...

##vote grackaroni.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 15 2017 22:50 GMT
#808
On October 16 2017 07:44 Damerion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 07:39 Damdred wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:35 Damerion wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:33 Holyflare wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:31 Damdred wrote:
His read on Oats did change though, idk why you are are acting like he was hard town reading him.

The medic dodge isnt a rela point, and his oats conversion comnection is at least interesting.

Eh I wont vote for him I think.


And where does this happen Damdred, pray tell?


In the long Gracky post where I dont like how oats acts either.


But didnt you say the whole point was grack and not oats?


Well, the point of the post was how Grackaroni reacted with Oatsmaster.

But I still thought that Oatsmaster response, lack of response, or just general tone left a lot to be desired of.

You wanna specifically quote what you are talking about? Because that didnt happen at all.
No gg, No skill.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 15 2017 22:53 GMT
#809
I may have made a huge mistake where I didn't realise Conversion was voting Damerion.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 15 2017 22:53 GMT
#810
:D
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 15 2017 22:54 GMT
#811
bed timeeeeeeeeee
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 15 2017 22:55 GMT
#812
On October 16 2017 07:53 Holyflare wrote:
I may have made a huge mistake where I didn't realise Conversion was voting Damerion.

...
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 15 2017 22:57 GMT
#813
On October 16 2017 07:46 Damerion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 07:43 ruXxar wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:17 Holyflare wrote:
Why does he think Onegu is mafia but didn't vote to save his partner conversion? Why doesn't that play into his read in the slightest? His entire read on Onegu is based on CONVERSION'S filter instead of Onegu's filter. If Damerion is town why on earth would he ever think that someone that scum read him and DIDN'T vote him to save his partner would be mafia? That's entirely the opposite conclusion anyone in that position should think.


This is a very good point and I agree.

From damerions point of view, where he should be considering himself town, there's absolutely no reason why he should expect onegu not to vote for him if conversion and onegu are mafia partners.


But with how Conversion was flopping around, what happens if Onegu saves him in that situation?

Once Conversion flips (after I flip town), he is instantly connected with Conversion and has a much greater chance to flip afterwards.


That's not how it works.
People vote for town all the time and get away with it.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 15 2017 22:57 GMT
#814
Lynch damdred!!
No gg, No skill.
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 15 2017 22:57 GMT
#815
On October 16 2017 05:24 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Man you have has a hard on for Damerion from the get go lol. You still never mentioned your update on conversion being buddied (or I missed it). Can you say why you thought that?

Holyflare...I have a waiting request for you when you wake up.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 15 2017 22:59 GMT
#816
On October 16 2017 07:46 Damerion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 07:43 ruXxar wrote:
On October 16 2017 07:17 Holyflare wrote:
Why does he think Onegu is mafia but didn't vote to save his partner conversion? Why doesn't that play into his read in the slightest? His entire read on Onegu is based on CONVERSION'S filter instead of Onegu's filter. If Damerion is town why on earth would he ever think that someone that scum read him and DIDN'T vote him to save his partner would be mafia? That's entirely the opposite conclusion anyone in that position should think.


This is a very good point and I agree.

From damerions point of view, where he should be considering himself town, there's absolutely no reason why he should expect onegu not to vote for him if conversion and onegu are mafia partners.


But with how Conversion was flopping around, what happens if Onegu saves him in that situation?

Once Conversion flips (after I flip town), he is instantly connected with Conversion and has a much greater chance to flip afterwards.

You see, if onegu voted for you and you flipped town, and then later conversion flips as mafia, I wouldn't be looking at onegu.
I would be looking at the guy(Holyflare) that's screaming at the top of his lungs that we should be lynching you and not conversion.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 15 2017 23:02 GMT
#817
On October 16 2017 07:53 Holyflare wrote:
I may have made a huge mistake where I didn't realise Conversion was voting Damerion.


Mistake how?
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 15 2017 23:03 GMT
#818
Was Damerion ever on the chopping block in any of his previous games? If not I could see his voting "method" (as stupid as I think it was) as him panicking as either alignment.
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 15 2017 23:10 GMT
#819
On October 16 2017 08:02 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2017 07:53 Holyflare wrote:
I may have made a huge mistake where I didn't realise Conversion was voting Damerion.


Mistake how?

Basically it was 3 votes Conv, 3 votes Damerion, 2 oats, and some 1's at that point.

Actually, IF conv and damerion are scum together then it would have been established that the scum decided Damerion is a better kill than conv. This would possible explain conv voting for damerion and damerion not voting conv. As such I would assume the other scum would also vote for Damerion to "secure" towniness or if they gave him a town read then at least vote on somebody other than conv.

I think this is the only world that both damerion and conv can be scum together and I don't believe thats the case. Seems too far-fetched imo.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 15 2017 23:11 GMT
#820
Actually I think we should kill Fecalfeast. His scum reads are all just the 3 people who took pressure yesterday plus he was one of the people on the Damerion wagon and I noticed this call out from Darthfoley.

On October 14 2017 07:17 darthfoley wrote:
Okay, so i really like happykrogan guy. Which makes me also like HF, because he drew the same conclusion that I did: I doubt a newbie like krogan would be this active and not be afraid to call someone out as first time mafia.

I think ruxxar is town, but I can understand why people-- especially new players-- might interpret his play as mafia. I also think Oats is more likely town than not. He was one of the first players to get the game moving, and I like his pressure on the LonelyClock dude. Still waiting for an answer on this, I think

Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 15:34 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 13 2017 14:49 MrLonelyClock wrote:

I agreed about ruxxar posting fluff. Me voting on ruxxar != me thinking he is mafia atm. But I can see how you could come to that conclusion now. I guess we will have to disagree on the counterpoints validity.


So why are you voting for him?


Don't like Damdred or FF right now.

FF:

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 00:15 Fecalfeast wrote:
Like I said early on, ruxxar is trying too hard


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 01:52 Fecalfeast wrote:
Tbh i think ruxxar not giving a shit seems towny


This progression is odd and without any sort of explanation. The first post also doesn't say anything. People can try hard from either alignment.

Also strikes me as odd that he's scum reading Damerion for unearned town read on FF...

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 03:31 Fecalfeast wrote:
On October 14 2017 02:45 MrLonelyClock wrote:
fecal if you think ruxxar is towny then who do you think currently is the most scummy then (can be 1 or more)?

Damerion for giving me a town read for basocally no reason. Seems tmi to me


When Damdred has somehow managed to townread like 6 people and put them into "no lynch" pile just 24h into the game. Yet no mention of Damdred. It's like he doesn't exist.

Speaking of Damdred

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 03:21 Damdred wrote:
Ok, so I feel a little guilty at this point in time and I will try to be tge old Damdred this game.

Fact check away on my reads this train aint got no breaks and i aint got time to quote on phone.

Town Reads:

Damerion, he has this thing he does as town where he will have this skrt of mission statement about how he will approach the game. He has checked that, he gives clear concise reada with hard reasoning behind it, done. He also seems to try to draw people into conversation instead of existing.

Rux rux baby: Off the cuff read, the eay he responds to the pressure is town. Does t care, tries to be helpful and then establishes where he wants to be in the game. I think hes just going to be town for the tone and the lressure, but his reads were not bad.

If anyone tries to lynch rux at least today I will let slip the dogs of war and create chaos.

FF: Hey buddy we should work together, care free attitude. Gives some opinions still a bit weak on a few points, overall would not kynch today.

Gracky: Posts his thoughts, goes against thread sentiment a post or two ago. Seems to be looking where others dont, no lynch today.

Oats: Seemed to be reading the game a d his lressure wasnt horrid. It is defi ately not top town worthy but enough for a pass.

Xenon and nylonelylock are both town i feel for how they approached the game as newbs. Meh they were soitting fire earlier

Everyone else is in this null range besides hf who I love dearly but am ignoring until he wants cuddles.


Besides the fact that Damdred has only given vague town/null leans on virtually every active player, one read sticks out to me as more scummy than others. Damdred's read on FF feels fabricated. FF "gives some opinions" but FF is "weak on a few points" yet Damdred would still not lynch him today. He never specifies what points he's weak on, doesn't try to follow up with FF and clarify those "weak points." Talk about an unearned town read.

So I have no idea why FF isn't scum reading Damdred considering his self imposed criteria regarding Damerion.



In the last game FF slipped by carelessly saying that he would just sheep HF without noticing that HF was pushing somebody he was town reading. He went from calling Ruxxar scum for trying too hard to calling him town because he doesn't give a shit in an hour, and it was around the time people's opinion of Ruxxar seemed to be shifting.
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 455
Hyuk 294
Leta 198
Hyun 89
Hm[arnc] 37
ZergMaN 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 762
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King80
Other Games
summit1g8704
WinterStarcraft517
Nina111
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick806
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Lourlo1115
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 39m
INu's Battles
5h 39m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 39m
Replay Cast
16h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.