• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:12
CEST 09:12
KST 16:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10801 users

[M][N] Generic Mini Mafia - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 184 Next
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
March 19 2017 19:05 GMT
#1041
On March 20 2017 04:00 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 03:58 disformation wrote:
as you see i am working on it -.-


halfway done and you have all null reads! useful.

strange.

actually did you even read my post?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 19:05 GMT
#1042
To answer your earlier question, DF, I think both of the Finnish people are town. Rayn looks like he's dropped his flashlight while stuck in a tunnel and Xatalos held his ground better than I'd figure he would as scum. Want to reread it later just to be sure though.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 19:06 GMT
#1043
On March 20 2017 04:03 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 03:54 Xatalos wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:51 Onegu wrote:
IRL reasons. May replace if things dont get better in the next 3 hours or so.

Rayn and DBS/Ritoky=Scum


rayn/DBS/ritoky scumteam you mean....? How come?



Ritoky and DBS same person. Rayn is also scum.

DBS because of reasons I game already and Ritoky has done nothing that has changed my mind.

Rayn feels off to me. Like his defense of DBS seemed off. Meh. not sure about this one though.


You might not have seen this but Rayn now scum-reads DBS/ ritoky (N1 development). Would recommend looking at that.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 19:08 GMT
#1044
On March 20 2017 04:05 Calix wrote:
To answer your earlier question, DF, I think both of the Finnish people are town. Rayn looks like he's dropped his flashlight while stuck in a tunnel and Xatalos held his ground better than I'd figure he would as scum. Want to reread it later just to be sure though.


Does being in a blind tunnel make one town though?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 19 2017 19:09 GMT
#1045
On March 20 2017 04:05 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:00 ritoky wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:58 disformation wrote:
as you see i am working on it -.-


halfway done and you have all null reads! useful.

strange.

actually did you even read my post?


Yea ritokys response to your list is shit. There were clear leans in it for like 4 people.

I still have yet to see anything to make me think disfirmation is scum.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 19 2017 19:10 GMT
#1046
On March 20 2017 04:05 Calix wrote:
To answer your earlier question, DF, I think both of the Finnish people are town. Rayn looks like he's dropped his flashlight while stuck in a tunnel and Xatalos held his ground better than I'd figure he would as scum. Want to reread it later just to be sure though.


Where do you think the scummers lie at this point?

Part of me really thinks Rels is one of them and he's just fucked off to avoid suspicion early
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 19 2017 19:14 GMT
#1047
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 19:14 GMT
#1048
Dunno about DBS/ritoky. Nothing hugely stands out as towny/scummy. Onegu why was he your stronger scumread?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 19:15 GMT
#1049
On March 20 2017 04:10 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:05 Calix wrote:
To answer your earlier question, DF, I think both of the Finnish people are town. Rayn looks like he's dropped his flashlight while stuck in a tunnel and Xatalos held his ground better than I'd figure he would as scum. Want to reread it later just to be sure though.


Where do you think the scummers lie at this point?

Part of me really thinks Rels is one of them and he's just fucked off to avoid suspicion early


Excellent question because I don't know.

I think Eden is scummier than not but when I try and look for other scum-reads, I come up with nothing. I flip back and forth and have a million reasons to think people are town. The fact that no lynch seems satisfying is a red flag to me but since that would imply that the vets/ AFKers are scum, I don't know what to do about that -.-

Like you could just lynch AFK people but if we're in the scenario of multiple scum vets then that'll fuck us over like nothing else.

I am actually expecting this night kill to be informative early on for once.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 19:17 GMT
#1050
Unless they are boring and shank me, of course.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 19:20 GMT
#1051
On March 20 2017 04:14 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.


Well, from my point of view rayn is just pushing townies for weak reasons and with huge, inappropriate force. Malongo was town, I'm town, and Damdred is at least more likely town than rayn - and certainly not scum for the reasons rayn proposed. He's not even really listening or changing his views. He pretty much ignored Damdred, ignored me several times (although at least he responded to me at times) and Malongo was more of an "lynch the AFKer". It fits the view that he's scum and pushing whatever may stick to mislynch, not so well with an "active and helpful town mindset".
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 19:21 GMT
#1052
From the town rayn I know, he's generally more likely to wait until he finds something truly damning before going full YOLO like that. Here he just finds something, however insignificant, and never lets go once he decides to push that issue...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 19:23 GMT
#1053
If I die (not very likely, I guess), just one wish: don't let rayn get an easy pass going forward. Otherwise I'm not quite sure, but rayn is the one I'm most worried about right now.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 19 2017 19:23 GMT
#1054
On March 20 2017 04:20 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:14 ritoky wrote:
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.


Well, from my point of view rayn is just pushing townies for weak reasons and with huge, inappropriate force. Malongo was town, I'm town, and Damdred is at least more likely town than rayn - and certainly not scum for the reasons rayn proposed. He's not even really listening or changing his views. He pretty much ignored Damdred, ignored me several times (although at least he responded to me at times) and Malongo was more of an "lynch the AFKer". It fits the view that he's scum and pushing whatever may stick to mislynch, not so well with an "active and helpful town mindset".


I mean, sure with Malongo, but if you believe rayn is pushing easy lynches that can get traction. I mean, you have the highest activity and damdred is, for me, top 2 hardest to get lynched in the player list. So I don't really see how that is the path of least resistance....If he was targeting LHF I think his line would be much different.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 19:24 GMT
#1055
On March 20 2017 04:20 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:14 ritoky wrote:
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.


Well, from my point of view rayn is just pushing townies for weak reasons and with huge, inappropriate force. Malongo was town, I'm town, and Damdred is at least more likely town than rayn - and certainly not scum for the reasons rayn proposed. He's not even really listening or changing his views. He pretty much ignored Damdred, ignored me several times (although at least he responded to me at times) and Malongo was more of an "lynch the AFKer". It fits the view that he's scum and pushing whatever may stick to mislynch, not so well with an "active and helpful town mindset".


It doesn't matters how many townies someone pushes. Townies can be very wrong. Townies can scum-read three townies for days on end. It's more how they do it, really.

The part where he totally ignores facts that don't fit his narrative is more concerning but I don't think that means he's really 'trying to ML you as scum' because he would have to know that people would pick up on him doing that and thus think he's less credible and persuasive.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 19 2017 19:25 GMT
#1056
On March 20 2017 04:14 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.


You lecturing me on not using a binary system to judge the game while using categories of "good" and "bad" is an irony of the ages.

I read a whole lot of words and hear a whole lot of nothing. If you want to pull out the "I'm new" card, that's fine, but go back and read the first 40 pages.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 19 2017 19:28 GMT
#1057
On March 20 2017 04:25 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:14 ritoky wrote:
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.


You lecturing me on not using a binary system to judge the game while using categories of "good" and "bad" is an irony of the ages.

I read a whole lot of words and hear a whole lot of nothing. If you want to pull out the "I'm new" card, that's fine, but go back and read the first 40 pages.


Well if you wanna talk about the game at all once you're over me saying your posts are bad I am open. But no, I am not going back to read day 1, it is pointless. I do suggest you get out of viewing the game as side vs side or those who agree with me vs those who don't. Mafia very often hedge (particularly early) and staying in that state of mind loses you a lot of games to sneaksters.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 19:32 GMT
#1058
On March 20 2017 04:24 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:20 Xatalos wrote:
On March 20 2017 04:14 ritoky wrote:
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.


Well, from my point of view rayn is just pushing townies for weak reasons and with huge, inappropriate force. Malongo was town, I'm town, and Damdred is at least more likely town than rayn - and certainly not scum for the reasons rayn proposed. He's not even really listening or changing his views. He pretty much ignored Damdred, ignored me several times (although at least he responded to me at times) and Malongo was more of an "lynch the AFKer". It fits the view that he's scum and pushing whatever may stick to mislynch, not so well with an "active and helpful town mindset".


It doesn't matters how many townies someone pushes. Townies can be very wrong. Townies can scum-read three townies for days on end. It's more how they do it, really.

The part where he totally ignores facts that don't fit his narrative is more concerning but I don't think that means he's really 'trying to ML you as scum' because he would have to know that people would pick up on him doing that and thus think he's less credible and persuasive.


He's gotten away with it several times already though. I basically debunked his Malongo case, and he actually pretty much gave up on 50% of his case, and stopped arguing about the rest, but it didn't affect his read in the slightest (even though both of his reasons were weak to begin with). Then I showed him how Damdred's question at the start could easily come from town, but he just repeated and repeated his argument that it makes Damdred sure scum without any real thought process. Now he puts Tumble as town and me as scum based on a totally incorrect narrative of how the EOD went down. And basically accuses me of being scum for doing pretty much the same thing as he himself did (accepting a slightly lower-priority lynch happening on D1 - Malongo for both of us).
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 19 2017 19:32 GMT
#1059
On March 20 2017 04:28 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:25 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 04:14 ritoky wrote:
On March 20 2017 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:46 ritoky wrote:
people with good posts:
damdred
rayn
calix

people i don't feel anything much about:
xata
koshi
onegu
rels

people with bad posts:
eden
darthfoley
disfo
tumble


Why is rayn town and Xata null and Damdred "good" when the majority of rayn's interactions today have been revolving around Xata/Damdred. If you think rayn is making good posts, and many of his posts have been about Xata AND Damdred, then surely you would seem to think Xata and/or Damdred is more likely to be scum, no? But you have Damdred and rayn as both "good posts" and Xata "null posts." How good can rayns posts be if they're all wrong, according to your reads?

You can add yourself to the "bad posts" section because your categories are ass. Good posts and bad posts have nothing to do with alignment, especially when you're playing with veteran mafia players who are good at both alignments. I find this post scummy


? I mean we must play a different game. Just because someone orients the game as black vs white, doesn't mean the game is actually black vs white. You're implying that because someone is tunneling, the tunneler and the tunneled must be opposite alignments. More often than not they aren't. Further, being right is also not a requirement for being town, there exists this thing and it is called a donkey, please ask Koshi about it he is abundantly familiar.

Once you get away from the realm of right vs wrong and black vs white, and stop trying to render the game into a state of binary decision making, you arrive at a place where you can judge peoples' process. Process and intent are vastly more important than people's actual conclusions much of the time, and that is what matters. I see the town process in rayn when he rails on 1 point for hours and tries to drive discussion back to his point that he views as unimpeachably scummy, I see his process when he tries to scum check me to get a reaction. These are town processes for him, which make his posts good. You look at damdred and, he unprompted, makes a poignant observation and asks an extremely pointed question at tumble and then pushes when the answer is unsatisfactory. Once again I see the process, the desire for more information and to drive the game forward in the direction he thinks is right.

You have to remember that you've been playing this game for 36 hours and have 50 pages, I have been playing for like 10 and have 5 pages, so my opinions have not had the cultivating of others' opinions. However, my categories are fine. Because people making bad posts are a good place to begin looking for me. I used to be quite skilled at reading people who post bad shit, so I likely still am. Some of the terrible posters will likely become my top town reads who I will never vote on soon.


You lecturing me on not using a binary system to judge the game while using categories of "good" and "bad" is an irony of the ages.

I read a whole lot of words and hear a whole lot of nothing. If you want to pull out the "I'm new" card, that's fine, but go back and read the first 40 pages.


Well if you wanna talk about the game at all once you're over me saying your posts are bad I am open. But no, I am not going back to read day 1, it is pointless. I do suggest you get out of viewing the game as side vs side or those who agree with me vs those who don't. Mafia very often hedge (particularly early) and staying in that state of mind loses you a lot of games to sneaksters.


Why is it pointless
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 19:35 GMT
#1060
Maybe "without any real thought process" was an exaggeration. It seemed like he actually somehow believed in his point on Damdred, although it was extremely weak/complicated..
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft725
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
League of Legends
JimRising 351
Reynor80
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Westballz34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor834
Other Games
summit1g10309
C9.Mang0240
Sick165
PiGStarcraft130
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick602
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Lourlo1101
• Stunt522
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 48m
Online Event
3h 48m
FEL
8h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.