• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7671 users

[T][M] Resistance VI - Page 58

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 115 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 13:14 GMT
#1141
On February 07 2017 22:02 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 19:22 Vivax wrote:
You won't get anywhere just with vote analysis. It's too easy to tamper with.

According to vote analysis one would conclude rtanisoul is town just cause they nay-voted a team with themselves on it.


I don't think you know how vote analysis works...
In what world would nay-voting your own team be automatically considered resistance?
In the same world yay voting a good team allows you to get credit or what?


Thanks for unintentionally endorsing the point I was making.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 07 2017 13:24 GMT
#1142
On February 07 2017 22:14 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 22:02 sharkie wrote:
On February 07 2017 19:22 Vivax wrote:
You won't get anywhere just with vote analysis. It's too easy to tamper with.

According to vote analysis one would conclude rtanisoul is town just cause they nay-voted a team with themselves on it.


I don't think you know how vote analysis works...
In what world would nay-voting your own team be automatically considered resistance?
In the same world yay voting a good team allows you to get credit or what?


Thanks for unintentionally endorsing the point I was making.


You are saying "you won't get anywhere" with vote analysis. Which is simply not true.
You can't just take one example as your counter against it.

Vote analysis requires you to look at every person and circumstance separately and then come to a conclusion with it.
At the moment no one can say anything for sure with votes alone.

Which is why I actually hoped we would play the same voting game as in the first mission. But somehow everyone just accepted this mission even though everyone is acting already as if the mission has failed.

-If you act this way then why did you accept the team in the first place?!-

On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...


Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 13:38 GMT
#1143
-If you act this way then why did you accept the team in the first place?!-


I was hoping it was an all town team but with super, SL playing a more conventional game again (which makes them look townier) and rtaniSoul suddenly spreading doubt among all mission members, it does increasingly look like a failure.

I was planning on awaiting the outcome before posting further but you wanted me to adress points and rtaniSoul keeps trying to argue why they aren't spy when I do, so there you go.

It's not like much changed as I was suspecting you of being spy with them before approving the mission. I just wanted to confirm it by putting them in instead of you.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
February 07 2017 13:41 GMT
#1144
And the only thing that matters for me regarding votes is if they are in contrast to what a person said at the time.
I was under the impression rtaniSoul had a much stronger TR on Grack and Swika back when they approved. Now they say you and Grack are about equal.
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 07 2017 13:48 GMT
#1145
Vivax stop ignoring me you fucking flower and talk to me.

We've also never 'spreaded doubt' on Silver, so it's not 'all members'. We just don't have a massive townboner for Grack or you.
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 07 2017 13:49 GMT
#1146
We were pretty sure this mission was going to pass but with superbia and EC coming out of hiding and still posting it's obvious there's scum on there or they wouldn't have bothered. This means we're wrong, and that's what I've been working from.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 07 2017 14:15 GMT
#1147
On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...

2) Also why did TW and SL approve this mission? RT is kinda obvious as the team was his top4 resistance guys. But TW, SL keep saying how there is a spy in this team and yet they keep voting yay for these teams?

3) Is motivation so low that you just want to end this game as fast as possible? If so, why for god's sake did you then keep downvoting the first mission? Couldn't we have just passed the very first team (as silver and I had suggested), look at how it turns out and THEN play the fun downvoting game for the second mission which is far more important in the game than the first? I really thought most of you have participated in this game in order to have a fun game but I keep reading things like "I hope the game is over soon." or "I don't want to play this game anymore). Well the fastest way to end this game is just to put up our most potential suspects into the team and then the game is over. I am so fed up with your attitudes. If you don't like playing the game, then just keep voting yay, don't comment at all and we will soon have a conclusion. And please stop mentioning you want this game to end, I really mean it. I am fed up reading the same negativity over and over....

4)
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 10:44 Silverika wrote:
I do want to know a good reason why sharkie said no here. He seems to be scumreading Vivax but his reason that Vivax kept himself off the team isn't scummy and was explained to him why it's not scum by at least a couple people. Not only that, but if he believes Vivax is scum and us and Grack are town, this would of been a good opportunity for him to find out for sure in his POV.


I never said that vivax is not resistance nor that his actions mean that he is a spy. All I said was that your conclusions are not 100% sound. Any good spy could do the same thing vivax did so why is he automatically resistance? He is neutral leaning towards good for me, has been all game for me.


Sharkie, explain again why you said no, in clear terms I can understand. If you liked the first mission and are neutral on Vivax, you could of used this to get info on Vivax. I have to assume Vivax is the reason, because he's the only thing that changed from the original team with you and two people you are townreading strongly.

I don't understand any plan than involves downvoting missions to play around with the votes and dragging the game out unecessarily.

Everyone seems to think this is gonna be a failure. I agree all the yes votes look bad, but it still could pass. Why assume the worst?

As far as the negativity lecture, save it sharkie, because it's almost as annoying as the negativity itself. Mafia isn't rainbows and unicorns. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 07 2017 14:19 GMT
#1148
On February 07 2017 23:15 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...

2) Also why did TW and SL approve this mission? RT is kinda obvious as the team was his top4 resistance guys. But TW, SL keep saying how there is a spy in this team and yet they keep voting yay for these teams?

3) Is motivation so low that you just want to end this game as fast as possible? If so, why for god's sake did you then keep downvoting the first mission? Couldn't we have just passed the very first team (as silver and I had suggested), look at how it turns out and THEN play the fun downvoting game for the second mission which is far more important in the game than the first? I really thought most of you have participated in this game in order to have a fun game but I keep reading things like "I hope the game is over soon." or "I don't want to play this game anymore). Well the fastest way to end this game is just to put up our most potential suspects into the team and then the game is over. I am so fed up with your attitudes. If you don't like playing the game, then just keep voting yay, don't comment at all and we will soon have a conclusion. And please stop mentioning you want this game to end, I really mean it. I am fed up reading the same negativity over and over....

4)
On February 07 2017 10:44 Silverika wrote:
I do want to know a good reason why sharkie said no here. He seems to be scumreading Vivax but his reason that Vivax kept himself off the team isn't scummy and was explained to him why it's not scum by at least a couple people. Not only that, but if he believes Vivax is scum and us and Grack are town, this would of been a good opportunity for him to find out for sure in his POV.


I never said that vivax is not resistance nor that his actions mean that he is a spy. All I said was that your conclusions are not 100% sound. Any good spy could do the same thing vivax did so why is he automatically resistance? He is neutral leaning towards good for me, has been all game for me.


Sharkie, explain again why you said no, in clear terms I can understand. If you liked the first mission and are neutral on Vivax, you could of used this to get info on Vivax. I have to assume Vivax is the reason, because he's the only thing that changed from the original team with you and two people you are townreading strongly.

I don't understand any plan than involves downvoting missions to play around with the votes and dragging the game out unecessarily.

Everyone seems to think this is gonna be a failure. I agree all the yes votes look bad, but it still could pass. Why assume the worst?

As far as the negativity lecture, save it sharkie, because it's almost as annoying as the negativity itself. Mafia isn't rainbows and unicorns. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

~SilverWolf77

He mentioned he did it for information.

As for the failure: The next mission is 4 players too. The presumption is that if the mission was all town, the scum would've already given up, but too many people that aren't on the mission are still trying so it doesn't make sense for the game to be over.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 07 2017 14:37 GMT
#1149
On February 07 2017 23:19 RtaniSoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 23:15 Silverika wrote:
On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...

2) Also why did TW and SL approve this mission? RT is kinda obvious as the team was his top4 resistance guys. But TW, SL keep saying how there is a spy in this team and yet they keep voting yay for these teams?

3) Is motivation so low that you just want to end this game as fast as possible? If so, why for god's sake did you then keep downvoting the first mission? Couldn't we have just passed the very first team (as silver and I had suggested), look at how it turns out and THEN play the fun downvoting game for the second mission which is far more important in the game than the first? I really thought most of you have participated in this game in order to have a fun game but I keep reading things like "I hope the game is over soon." or "I don't want to play this game anymore). Well the fastest way to end this game is just to put up our most potential suspects into the team and then the game is over. I am so fed up with your attitudes. If you don't like playing the game, then just keep voting yay, don't comment at all and we will soon have a conclusion. And please stop mentioning you want this game to end, I really mean it. I am fed up reading the same negativity over and over....

4)
On February 07 2017 10:44 Silverika wrote:
I do want to know a good reason why sharkie said no here. He seems to be scumreading Vivax but his reason that Vivax kept himself off the team isn't scummy and was explained to him why it's not scum by at least a couple people. Not only that, but if he believes Vivax is scum and us and Grack are town, this would of been a good opportunity for him to find out for sure in his POV.


I never said that vivax is not resistance nor that his actions mean that he is a spy. All I said was that your conclusions are not 100% sound. Any good spy could do the same thing vivax did so why is he automatically resistance? He is neutral leaning towards good for me, has been all game for me.


Sharkie, explain again why you said no, in clear terms I can understand. If you liked the first mission and are neutral on Vivax, you could of used this to get info on Vivax. I have to assume Vivax is the reason, because he's the only thing that changed from the original team with you and two people you are townreading strongly.

I don't understand any plan than involves downvoting missions to play around with the votes and dragging the game out unecessarily.

Everyone seems to think this is gonna be a failure. I agree all the yes votes look bad, but it still could pass. Why assume the worst?

As far as the negativity lecture, save it sharkie, because it's almost as annoying as the negativity itself. Mafia isn't rainbows and unicorns. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

~SilverWolf77

He mentioned he did it for information.

As for the failure: The next mission is 4 players too. The presumption is that if the mission was all town, the scum would've already given up, but too many people that aren't on the mission are still trying so it doesn't make sense for the game to be over.


Please don't answer a question intended for someone else. He would get far more information by saying yes because he's townreading everyone but Vivax. Instead he says no with some convoluted reasoning that he expected Town to all vote no to catch scum which drags the game out, and absolves him of all responsibility if it fails. I don't care how indignant he is about the negativity, he needs to explain his thought process here because it doesn't make sense.

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 07 2017 14:41 GMT
#1150
On February 07 2017 23:15 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...

2) Also why did TW and SL approve this mission? RT is kinda obvious as the team was his top4 resistance guys. But TW, SL keep saying how there is a spy in this team and yet they keep voting yay for these teams?

3) Is motivation so low that you just want to end this game as fast as possible? If so, why for god's sake did you then keep downvoting the first mission? Couldn't we have just passed the very first team (as silver and I had suggested), look at how it turns out and THEN play the fun downvoting game for the second mission which is far more important in the game than the first? I really thought most of you have participated in this game in order to have a fun game but I keep reading things like "I hope the game is over soon." or "I don't want to play this game anymore). Well the fastest way to end this game is just to put up our most potential suspects into the team and then the game is over. I am so fed up with your attitudes. If you don't like playing the game, then just keep voting yay, don't comment at all and we will soon have a conclusion. And please stop mentioning you want this game to end, I really mean it. I am fed up reading the same negativity over and over....

4)
On February 07 2017 10:44 Silverika wrote:
I do want to know a good reason why sharkie said no here. He seems to be scumreading Vivax but his reason that Vivax kept himself off the team isn't scummy and was explained to him why it's not scum by at least a couple people. Not only that, but if he believes Vivax is scum and us and Grack are town, this would of been a good opportunity for him to find out for sure in his POV.


I never said that vivax is not resistance nor that his actions mean that he is a spy. All I said was that your conclusions are not 100% sound. Any good spy could do the same thing vivax did so why is he automatically resistance? He is neutral leaning towards good for me, has been all game for me.


Sharkie, explain again why you said no, in clear terms I can understand. If you liked the first mission and are neutral on Vivax, you could of used this to get info on Vivax. I have to assume Vivax is the reason, because he's the only thing that changed from the original team with you and two people you are townreading strongly.

I don't understand any plan than involves downvoting missions to play around with the votes and dragging the game out unecessarily.

Everyone seems to think this is gonna be a failure. I agree all the yes votes look bad, but it still could pass. Why assume the worst?

As far as the negativity lecture, save it sharkie, because it's almost as annoying as the negativity itself. Mafia isn't rainbows and unicorns. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

~SilverWolf77


As I said it was to get information. We have already dragged out the game unnecessarily when we did the whole voting game for the very first mission (where we all agree upon that spies don't find it so important anyway) so I assumed we would play the same game for the second mission before we select the mission for good. What else was the reason for forcing us to vote in secret now?

Also why should I sacrifice a whole mission to get information about one player? I'd rather end the game without getting any failures. That is why I wanted RT instead of vivax.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 07 2017 14:42 GMT
#1151
Basically, if the mission fails, sharkie just outed himself because he bypassed an opportunity to get information on someone he was null reading in order to solve the game for himself if he was town.

Instead he voted no and then goes "well, town should vote no to catch scum who vote yes" but that's very unlikely to work cuz we can't mind read each other and it also drags out the game for no good reason.

This does not give him nearly the information he would of gotten by voting yes. In no world, does it makes sense for him to do this as town.

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 07 2017 14:43 GMT
#1152
On February 07 2017 23:37 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 23:19 RtaniSoul wrote:
On February 07 2017 23:15 Silverika wrote:
On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...

2) Also why did TW and SL approve this mission? RT is kinda obvious as the team was his top4 resistance guys. But TW, SL keep saying how there is a spy in this team and yet they keep voting yay for these teams?

3) Is motivation so low that you just want to end this game as fast as possible? If so, why for god's sake did you then keep downvoting the first mission? Couldn't we have just passed the very first team (as silver and I had suggested), look at how it turns out and THEN play the fun downvoting game for the second mission which is far more important in the game than the first? I really thought most of you have participated in this game in order to have a fun game but I keep reading things like "I hope the game is over soon." or "I don't want to play this game anymore). Well the fastest way to end this game is just to put up our most potential suspects into the team and then the game is over. I am so fed up with your attitudes. If you don't like playing the game, then just keep voting yay, don't comment at all and we will soon have a conclusion. And please stop mentioning you want this game to end, I really mean it. I am fed up reading the same negativity over and over....

4)
On February 07 2017 10:44 Silverika wrote:
I do want to know a good reason why sharkie said no here. He seems to be scumreading Vivax but his reason that Vivax kept himself off the team isn't scummy and was explained to him why it's not scum by at least a couple people. Not only that, but if he believes Vivax is scum and us and Grack are town, this would of been a good opportunity for him to find out for sure in his POV.


I never said that vivax is not resistance nor that his actions mean that he is a spy. All I said was that your conclusions are not 100% sound. Any good spy could do the same thing vivax did so why is he automatically resistance? He is neutral leaning towards good for me, has been all game for me.


Sharkie, explain again why you said no, in clear terms I can understand. If you liked the first mission and are neutral on Vivax, you could of used this to get info on Vivax. I have to assume Vivax is the reason, because he's the only thing that changed from the original team with you and two people you are townreading strongly.

I don't understand any plan than involves downvoting missions to play around with the votes and dragging the game out unecessarily.

Everyone seems to think this is gonna be a failure. I agree all the yes votes look bad, but it still could pass. Why assume the worst?

As far as the negativity lecture, save it sharkie, because it's almost as annoying as the negativity itself. Mafia isn't rainbows and unicorns. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

~SilverWolf77

He mentioned he did it for information.

As for the failure: The next mission is 4 players too. The presumption is that if the mission was all town, the scum would've already given up, but too many people that aren't on the mission are still trying so it doesn't make sense for the game to be over.


Please don't answer a question intended for someone else. He would get far more information by saying yes because he's townreading everyone but Vivax. Instead he says no with some convoluted reasoning that he expected Town to all vote no to catch scum which drags the game out, and absolves him of all responsibility if it fails. I don't care how indignant he is about the negativity, he needs to explain his thought process here because it doesn't make sense.

~SilverWolf77


The whole voting game for the first mission >did not make sense< and now you accuse me of making no sense for assuming we do the same thing for a much more important mission?! And why should voting nay absolve me of all responsibility?

Could players stop making assumptions of how I am going to react about things? This started on the first nomination of the game and did not end till now...
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 07 2017 14:45 GMT
#1153
On February 07 2017 23:43 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 23:37 Silverika wrote:
On February 07 2017 23:19 RtaniSoul wrote:
On February 07 2017 23:15 Silverika wrote:
On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...

2) Also why did TW and SL approve this mission? RT is kinda obvious as the team was his top4 resistance guys. But TW, SL keep saying how there is a spy in this team and yet they keep voting yay for these teams?

3) Is motivation so low that you just want to end this game as fast as possible? If so, why for god's sake did you then keep downvoting the first mission? Couldn't we have just passed the very first team (as silver and I had suggested), look at how it turns out and THEN play the fun downvoting game for the second mission which is far more important in the game than the first? I really thought most of you have participated in this game in order to have a fun game but I keep reading things like "I hope the game is over soon." or "I don't want to play this game anymore). Well the fastest way to end this game is just to put up our most potential suspects into the team and then the game is over. I am so fed up with your attitudes. If you don't like playing the game, then just keep voting yay, don't comment at all and we will soon have a conclusion. And please stop mentioning you want this game to end, I really mean it. I am fed up reading the same negativity over and over....

4)
On February 07 2017 10:44 Silverika wrote:
I do want to know a good reason why sharkie said no here. He seems to be scumreading Vivax but his reason that Vivax kept himself off the team isn't scummy and was explained to him why it's not scum by at least a couple people. Not only that, but if he believes Vivax is scum and us and Grack are town, this would of been a good opportunity for him to find out for sure in his POV.


I never said that vivax is not resistance nor that his actions mean that he is a spy. All I said was that your conclusions are not 100% sound. Any good spy could do the same thing vivax did so why is he automatically resistance? He is neutral leaning towards good for me, has been all game for me.


Sharkie, explain again why you said no, in clear terms I can understand. If you liked the first mission and are neutral on Vivax, you could of used this to get info on Vivax. I have to assume Vivax is the reason, because he's the only thing that changed from the original team with you and two people you are townreading strongly.

I don't understand any plan than involves downvoting missions to play around with the votes and dragging the game out unecessarily.

Everyone seems to think this is gonna be a failure. I agree all the yes votes look bad, but it still could pass. Why assume the worst?

As far as the negativity lecture, save it sharkie, because it's almost as annoying as the negativity itself. Mafia isn't rainbows and unicorns. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

~SilverWolf77

He mentioned he did it for information.

As for the failure: The next mission is 4 players too. The presumption is that if the mission was all town, the scum would've already given up, but too many people that aren't on the mission are still trying so it doesn't make sense for the game to be over.


Please don't answer a question intended for someone else. He would get far more information by saying yes because he's townreading everyone but Vivax. Instead he says no with some convoluted reasoning that he expected Town to all vote no to catch scum which drags the game out, and absolves him of all responsibility if it fails. I don't care how indignant he is about the negativity, he needs to explain his thought process here because it doesn't make sense.

~SilverWolf77


The whole voting game for the first mission >did not make sense< and now you accuse me of making no sense for assuming we do the same thing for a much more important mission?! And why should voting nay absolve me of all responsibility?

Could players stop making assumptions of how I am going to react about things? This started on the first nomination of the game and did not end till now...

Welcome to my world.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 07 2017 14:45 GMT
#1154
On February 07 2017 23:42 Silverika wrote:
Basically, if the mission fails, sharkie just outed himself because he bypassed an opportunity to get information on someone he was null reading in order to solve the game for himself if he was town.

Instead he voted no and then goes "well, town should vote no to catch scum who vote yes" but that's very unlikely to work cuz we can't mind read each other and it also drags out the game for no good reason.

This does not give him nearly the information he would of gotten by voting yes. In no world, does it makes sense for him to do this as town.

~SilverWolf77


They did it for the first nomination ffs.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 07 2017 14:45 GMT
#1155
in short (ika here):

sharkie voting no when the only person he suspects on this team is vivax makes no sense form a towns POV. a town!sharkie should of voted yes on this to confirm vivax as scum/town (becasue scum!vivax would be forced to sabbo this or next mission where as twon!viv with town!shrakie is auto win)

so basically if this mission is sabboed, sharkie is the spy who did it
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 07 2017 14:47 GMT
#1156
On February 07 2017 23:41 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 23:15 Silverika wrote:
On February 07 2017 15:31 sharkie wrote:
I don't even....

1) So you guys spent days and hours downvoting the first mission teams in order to get information for a usually not vital mission. But the first opportunity to get real information about who the spies are (if all resistance players had downvoted this mission we could have seen whether the spies voted FOR this mission as they desperately need this mission to fail to have any chance at this game)
-> I thought this was the reason some of you even suggested the hidden voting in the first place (I am looking at you, silver and SL...)? I really have no clue how you guys play resistance...

2) Also why did TW and SL approve this mission? RT is kinda obvious as the team was his top4 resistance guys. But TW, SL keep saying how there is a spy in this team and yet they keep voting yay for these teams?

3) Is motivation so low that you just want to end this game as fast as possible? If so, why for god's sake did you then keep downvoting the first mission? Couldn't we have just passed the very first team (as silver and I had suggested), look at how it turns out and THEN play the fun downvoting game for the second mission which is far more important in the game than the first? I really thought most of you have participated in this game in order to have a fun game but I keep reading things like "I hope the game is over soon." or "I don't want to play this game anymore). Well the fastest way to end this game is just to put up our most potential suspects into the team and then the game is over. I am so fed up with your attitudes. If you don't like playing the game, then just keep voting yay, don't comment at all and we will soon have a conclusion. And please stop mentioning you want this game to end, I really mean it. I am fed up reading the same negativity over and over....

4)
On February 07 2017 10:44 Silverika wrote:
I do want to know a good reason why sharkie said no here. He seems to be scumreading Vivax but his reason that Vivax kept himself off the team isn't scummy and was explained to him why it's not scum by at least a couple people. Not only that, but if he believes Vivax is scum and us and Grack are town, this would of been a good opportunity for him to find out for sure in his POV.


I never said that vivax is not resistance nor that his actions mean that he is a spy. All I said was that your conclusions are not 100% sound. Any good spy could do the same thing vivax did so why is he automatically resistance? He is neutral leaning towards good for me, has been all game for me.


Sharkie, explain again why you said no, in clear terms I can understand. If you liked the first mission and are neutral on Vivax, you could of used this to get info on Vivax. I have to assume Vivax is the reason, because he's the only thing that changed from the original team with you and two people you are townreading strongly.

I don't understand any plan than involves downvoting missions to play around with the votes and dragging the game out unecessarily.

Everyone seems to think this is gonna be a failure. I agree all the yes votes look bad, but it still could pass. Why assume the worst?

As far as the negativity lecture, save it sharkie, because it's almost as annoying as the negativity itself. Mafia isn't rainbows and unicorns. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

~SilverWolf77


As I said it was to get information. We have already dragged out the game unnecessarily when we did the whole voting game for the very first mission (where we all agree upon that spies don't find it so important anyway) so I assumed we would play the same game for the second mission before we select the mission for good. What else was the reason for forcing us to vote in secret now?

Also why should I sacrifice a whole mission to get information about one player? I'd rather end the game without getting any failures. That is why I wanted RT instead of vivax.


First, you vote in secret so scum doesn't signal to each other how they are going to vote.

Second, it's not a sacrifice if it helps you solve the game. I mean, how are you so certain that RT is town?

Figuring out one of the three scum in this way is potentially game breaking from your POV and makes no sense for you not to pass.

I never liked that game of voting no on missions for the info. What info do we gain? Scum and town said no. Great. Now we have to start over again from scratch. At least on the first mission. On the second, there is very little reason to do this because we already have a passed mission to work with.

People should be voting yay or nay based on whether they want the team to go forward or not.

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 07 2017 14:48 GMT
#1157
On February 07 2017 23:45 Silverika wrote:
in short (ika here):

sharkie voting no when the only person he suspects on this team is vivax makes no sense form a towns POV. a town!sharkie should of voted yes on this to confirm vivax as scum/town (becasue scum!vivax would be forced to sabbo this or next mission where as twon!viv with town!shrakie is auto win)

so basically if this mission is sabboed, sharkie is the spy who did it


Not wanting to gift the spies a mission = reason for being a spy.
Good analysis!
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 07 2017 14:48 GMT
#1158
On February 07 2017 23:45 Silverika wrote:
in short (ika here):

sharkie voting no when the only person he suspects on this team is vivax makes no sense form a towns POV. a town!sharkie should of voted yes on this to confirm vivax as scum/town (becasue scum!vivax would be forced to sabbo this or next mission where as twon!viv with town!shrakie is auto win)

so basically if this mission is sabboed, sharkie is the spy who did it


Yeah, basically this.

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 07 2017 14:49 GMT
#1159
On February 07 2017 23:45 Silverika wrote:
in short (ika here):

sharkie voting no when the only person he suspects on this team is vivax makes no sense form a towns POV. a town!sharkie should of voted yes on this to confirm vivax as scum/town (becasue scum!vivax would be forced to sabbo this or next mission where as twon!viv with town!shrakie is auto win)

so basically if this mission is sabboed, sharkie is the spy who did it

You people keep using this logic and it doesn't work because it presumes that people have 100% townreads on the other people in the mission AND it presumes that failing a mission to identify a spy is worth it.

Even if he was 100% on both you and grack, look at it from his situation. If vivax is mafia, he learns that Vivax is mafia whilst the rest of the thread (given thread sentiment) all believe HE is the spy. He knows Vivax is mafia but it doesn't help him in the slightest because he cannot convince the rest of the game of it. A mission is failed and a townie is left out of any further consideration, a disastrous result.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 07 2017 14:49 GMT
#1160
On February 07 2017 23:48 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2017 23:45 Silverika wrote:
in short (ika here):

sharkie voting no when the only person he suspects on this team is vivax makes no sense form a towns POV. a town!sharkie should of voted yes on this to confirm vivax as scum/town (becasue scum!vivax would be forced to sabbo this or next mission where as twon!viv with town!shrakie is auto win)

so basically if this mission is sabboed, sharkie is the spy who did it


Not wanting to gift the spies a mission = reason for being a spy.
Good analysis!


Oh look, here comes that negativity you didn't like or want to read.

tsk tsk sharkie

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31162
Bisu 2702
Shuttle 1679
Hyuk 1013
Mini 819
EffOrt 818
Larva 422
Soma 380
ZerO 243
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
hero 137
sorry 72
Sexy 57
Hyun 46
PianO 45
Mong 42
Pusan 37
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 28
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1146
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr24
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
INu's Battles
19h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.