• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:03
CEST 16:03
KST 23:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12147 users

[M][N] Murder on the Cruise Trip Mafia - Page 165

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 182 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 09:09 GMT
#3281
Anyone who goes into triple LYLO after only townies were lynched all game with the attitude of "this is the exact scumteam" is really really stupid and naive. Especially if you are basing this on your POE list you had for half of the game.
If I am still alive tomorrow I will start again from scratch. Hopefully the nightkill + cop claim will shed some light on the actual situation in this game. And yes, the cop needs to claim eon. It is too dangerous to gamble on mafia not shooting you.

Right now I think it is probably scott + oats + one of damdred/marv but I will certainly not rule out the possibility of one of calix/koshi to have played a really good scumgame.

The supposed scumteam you guys (nu/calix) are suggesting makes no fucking sense upon further inspection. What you are saying is essentially that damdred and I threw the game yesterday in order to achieve what exactly? A single mislynch on Palmar?
Why would we EVER not bus scott there? Sure, one more mislynch is nice but we look like utter shit in LYLO and will probably lose. And scott would be lost no matter what. That's not how I play. I bus deadweight teammembers hard and I definitely know better than to throw the game in order to save them. You guys are looking for reasons why people aren't in a team with scott? How about you look at night1 where I call a vigshot on that guy multiple times and never waver. You think I would let him die for free but not bus him during the dayphase? No, no, no.

The reality is that I am not mafia and that mafia are probably not retarded like that. They need to have a backup plan for LYLO IF they save scott. The damdred/me team does not have that.
I think it is way more likely that mafias general plan was to bus scott yesterday and win the game after that. We just made it easier for them with our shennanies which were predominantly town driven. If scott is mafia then AT LEAST 2/4 people "CFDing" him yesterday still have to be town.
I think mafia was about to lazily bus scott. Oats fits the bill there, combined with his general play he is the one I am the most sure on right now besides scott. Then the last one seized the opportunity to shenanny (one of marv/damdred/koshi).
If oats is mafia everything makes sense because he is a real endgame solution for them. As opposed to damdred or me.

It will be really fucking annoying to deal with the rampant confirmation bias in this game but I will not lose this game by letting myself be mislynched in LYLO. Every single townie HAS to vote for mafia tomorrow in order to even have the slightest chance of winning and I am not scum.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 09:24 GMT
#3282
I don't know how active I can be today. It is wednesday after all. Will definitely not be around for the deadline.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 12 2016 11:23 GMT
#3283
I am currently living in mafia depression.

I agree with JAT that Oats should be considered as mafia. Nothing the in the past days makes me think he is town. He is just riding the towncred he somehow got.

I don't see JAT be mafia. But I liked the second point nu made in his case. That further than the initial response to the mls and nks JAT never instantly made a fresh assumption based on the new evidence. If it is true, that is a really good point.

Oats/Damdred/Scott is the worst scumteam I saw in my life but that said we might be in tripple lylo against them lol.. marv I hope dies tonight. Otherwise he is still a good candidate for mafia.

Marv/Jat mafia team is actually the scumteam of my nightmares. Palmar might actually have a reason to be mad at me endgame then. Grack had them paired. Palmar. HF I think. damn.

Calix I thought was mafia for how she defended Palmar EoN and didn't switch but also didn't really prevent the switch. She also defended Palmar D1 quite irrationally. But if she is mafia I am atm content to lose vs her. She isn't the lynch tomorrow but in 2 vs 1 lylo I would reconsider that. 2 vs 1 lylo is the moment you reconsider everything and reverse the thoughts you had going into lylo anyway. If we get there. Most likely not.

NU is Mr. Babyrage, Mr. role pm claim. I didn't really read or remember his posts D1, but D2 and onwards he seemed ok to be confirmed town. Unlike Calix nu doesn't seem to have it in him to be mafia and play like this. Weird read but it makes sense if you understand what I mean.

Still in mafia depression but these are my thoughts.
I had a good night of sleep.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 11:35 GMT
#3284
Koshi, g un kro chè roux je sur dent dress.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 11:37 GMT
#3285
"Anyone who goes into triple LYLO after only townies were lynched all game with the attitude of "this is the exact scumteam" is really really stupid and naive. "

So be it. I'm not budging.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 11:38 GMT
#3286
On October 12 2016 09:22 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2016 08:30 Damdred wrote:
Like you are acting as if you have a red check on me when you do not becuase it is impossible.

How is it impossible?

What if I told you I have a red-check on you?

"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 11:42 GMT
#3287
On October 12 2016 20:37 NeverUnlucky wrote:
"Anyone who goes into triple LYLO after only townies were lynched all game with the attitude of "this is the exact scumteam" is really really stupid and naive. "

So be it. I'm not budging.

Call me surprised.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 11:54 GMT
#3288
On October 12 2016 20:23 Koshi wrote:
I don't see JAT be mafia. But I liked the second point nu made in his case. That further than the initial response to the mls and nks JAT never instantly made a fresh assumption based on the new evidence. If it is true, that is a really good point.

This isn't his point btw. since I actually did that multiple times. He thinks that the quoted posts are forced and that's more or less it. He doesn't have any actual reason to scumread me besides "tone". That hasn't changed all game.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 14:21 GMT
#3289
On October 12 2016 08:12 Damdred wrote:
Because I don't know what a scum team that makes sense woudl be.

Scott/JAT/Marv seems plausible but I am not sure that Marv or JAT are 100% scum, Jat is more likely than marv i think probably.

I also think maybe I need to look at Calix again tbh, just seems to sure what she wants to push to the finish to set in stone.

Oats is also a slight possiblity

Like Scott and JAT I can pair on a team without feeling anything but yeah thats probably right, the third one i'm just not sold on.

Damdred goes from there is certainly a scum between Palmar and marv to being "not sure that marv [is] 100% scum" after Palmar's town flip.

He also cannot explain why he voted Palmar whom he thought was scum if Marv was town over his 100% scum-read of Scott. "Palmar is harder to lynch" is not a town explanation. It's opportunistic as fuck.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 14:25 GMT
#3290
"The supposed scumteam you guys (nu/calix) are suggesting makes no fucking sense upon further inspection. What you are saying is essentially that damdred and I threw the game yesterday in order to achieve what exactly? A single mislynch on Palmar?
Why would we EVER not bus scott there? Sure, one more mislynch is nice but we look like utter shit in LYLO and will probably lose."

^Says that scum not bussing scott is throwing the game...

"The reality is that I am not mafia and that mafia are probably not retarded like that. They need to have a backup plan for LYLO IF they save scott. The damdred/me team does not have that.
I think it is way more likely that mafias general plan was to bus scott yesterday and win the game after that. We just made it easier for them with our shennanies which were predominantly town driven. If scott is mafia then AT LEAST 2/4 people "CFDing" him yesterday still have to be town."

^Says that scum did in fact ending up not bussing Scott.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 14:25 GMT
#3291
End up*
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 14:28 GMT
#3292
Marv has yet to explain why he voted Palmar over Scott when he said that he was hedging his read on Palmar and not on Scott.

Also, the timing at which marv happened to come back to play this game coincidentally corresponds to the time where he was starting to be voted up.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 14:33 GMT
#3293
On October 12 2016 23:25 NeverUnlucky wrote:
"The supposed scumteam you guys (nu/calix) are suggesting makes no fucking sense upon further inspection. What you are saying is essentially that damdred and I threw the game yesterday in order to achieve what exactly? A single mislynch on Palmar?
Why would we EVER not bus scott there? Sure, one more mislynch is nice but we look like utter shit in LYLO and will probably lose."

^Says that scum not bussing scott is throwing the game...

"The reality is that I am not mafia and that mafia are probably not retarded like that. They need to have a backup plan for LYLO IF they save scott. The damdred/me team does not have that.
I think it is way more likely that mafias general plan was to bus scott yesterday and win the game after that. We just made it easier for them with our shennanies which were predominantly town driven. If scott is mafia then AT LEAST 2/4 people "CFDing" him yesterday still have to be town."

^Says that scum did in fact ending up not bussing Scott.

Are you illiterate or something?

The first one is correct even though I am talking about a theoretical team of me/damdred/scott.

The second one is entirely incorrect. I am in fact saying that the actual mafia team DID bus scott. Sure, one of them might have hopped on the palmar train in the end because why not if town is pushing a mislynch for you? But the plan was to bus.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 14:37 GMT
#3294
You have to discriminate between the rist paragraph where I am talking about your proposed scumteam and the second one where I talk about what I think is reality.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 14:38 GMT
#3295
[Still in the same game MZ took your slot, #1]

Calix okay.
Paladin beep beep.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
October 12 2016 14:39 GMT
#3296
On October 12 2016 23:37 justanothertownie wrote:
You have to discriminate between the rist paragraph where I am talking about your proposed scumteam and the second one where I talk about what I think is reality.

It's exactly what I am saying. You say that it is stupid for scum to switch from Scott to Palmar, but then say that it is precisely what they did.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 12 2016 14:43 GMT
#3297
This conversation is dumb. Scum risked the negative attention by mislynching on Day 3 because it means we're in triple LYLO and means that they only have to convince one of the townies to vote incorrectly for the town to lose...over THREE days.

Case in point, Koshi.

End of discussion.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 14:46 GMT
#3298
On October 12 2016 23:39 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2016 23:37 justanothertownie wrote:
You have to discriminate between the rist paragraph where I am talking about your proposed scumteam and the second one where I talk about what I think is reality.

It's exactly what I am saying. You say that it is stupid for scum to switch from Scott to Palmar, but then say that it is precisely what they did.

No.

I am saying for a team of me/damdred/scott it is stupid to switch to Palmar.

For the actual scumteam that is not necessarily true because for example if oats is mafia they have their endgame player on the mafia wagon so the last one might aswell join the Palmar train.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 12 2016 14:48 GMT
#3299
Also any arguments of "the scum would NEVER do this" are also stupid because at this point in the game, it answers itself.

"Why would scum do X?"

So they can use "why would we do X" as a defense for their obviously scummy actions, thus meaning they aren't held accountable for them.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 12 2016 14:49 GMT
#3300
On October 12 2016 23:43 Calix wrote:
This conversation is dumb. Scum risked the negative attention by mislynching on Day 3 because it means we're in triple LYLO and means that they only have to convince one of the townies to vote incorrectly for the town to lose...over THREE days.

Or they just don't do that, bus scott and achieve the same result only one day later without outing themselves as mafia.
What does mafia gain from going all out to save scott today when we are most likely lynching him tomorrow anyways?
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 278
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 278
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41390
Bisu 2791
Hyuk 1689
Shuttle 1619
Mini 695
EffOrt 631
Larva 445
Soma 320
firebathero 234
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 98
Zeus 73
Pusan 67
Sexy 53
Killer 50
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 36
Mong 35
sorry 32
Hm[arnc] 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Rock 12
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1496
Dendi987
Counter-Strike
fl0m1052
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes1020
Liquid`Hasu455
Lowko428
Other Games
gofns50010
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1350
DeMusliM276
Livibee173
Hui .142
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King86
ZerO(Twitch)20
CosmosSc2 18
elazer12
KnowMe4
Beastyqt1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6612
League of Legends
• Jankos1901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 57m
INu's Battles
21h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.