• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:03
CEST 16:03
KST 23:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12199 users

[M][N] Murder on the Cruise Trip Mafia - Page 182

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 180 181 182
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 14 2016 22:10 GMT
#3621
Mafia Trifecta Win completed. 3 times mafia in a row.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



ggwp. 180 pages are a lot so town didn't lose due to inactivity tbh.
Oats made like 5 posts last 4 days...
I scated by the entire game without pressure due to playing good for 3 hours EoD1 pushing Palmar.

Poor JAT having to defend himself the entire game lol. So hilarious to see. Props for doing it.



ggwp. Hosts can start rolling me town again. Playing only mafia last months is not that awesome.
I had a good night of sleep.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 14 2016 22:13 GMT
#3622
On October 15 2016 07:10 Koshi wrote:
Mafia Trifecta Win completed. 3 times mafia in a row.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



ggwp. 180 pages are a lot so town didn't lose due to inactivity tbh.
Oats made like 5 posts last 4 days...
I scated by the entire game without pressure due to playing good for 3 hours EoD1 pushing Palmar.

Poor JAT having to defend himself the entire game lol. So hilarious to see. Props for doing it.



ggwp. Hosts can start rolling me town again. Playing only mafia last months is not that awesome.

Your mom is hilarious to see...
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-14 22:41:08
October 14 2016 22:40 GMT
#3623
On October 15 2016 07:13 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2016 07:10 Koshi wrote:
Mafia Trifecta Win completed. 3 times mafia in a row.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



ggwp. 180 pages are a lot so town didn't lose due to inactivity tbh.
Oats made like 5 posts last 4 days...
I scated by the entire game without pressure due to playing good for 3 hours EoD1 pushing Palmar.

Poor JAT having to defend himself the entire game lol. So hilarious to see. Props for doing it.



ggwp. Hosts can start rolling me town again. Playing only mafia last months is not that awesome.

Your mom is hilarious to see...

hihi

This was so good if you know Calix would have redchecked Oats. My favorite moment in all scumgames I think. Because it was so clutch. Game winning. And I think we had to be both there to actually go through with it. Alone I wouldn't have had the balls.
[image loading]

Proud moment.
I had a good night of sleep.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 14 2016 22:45 GMT
#3624
On October 15 2016 07:40 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2016 07:13 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 15 2016 07:10 Koshi wrote:
Mafia Trifecta Win completed. 3 times mafia in a row.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



ggwp. 180 pages are a lot so town didn't lose due to inactivity tbh.
Oats made like 5 posts last 4 days...
I scated by the entire game without pressure due to playing good for 3 hours EoD1 pushing Palmar.

Poor JAT having to defend himself the entire game lol. So hilarious to see. Props for doing it.



ggwp. Hosts can start rolling me town again. Playing only mafia last months is not that awesome.

Your mom is hilarious to see...

hihi

This was so good if you know Calix would have redchecked Oats. My favorite moment in all scumgames I think. Because it was so clutch. Game winning. And I think we had to be both there to actually go through with it. Alone I wouldn't have had the balls.
[image loading]

Proud moment.

My read! But yeah, wouldn't have changed it on my own either. Team effort.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 14 2016 22:49 GMT
#3625
On October 15 2016 07:45 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2016 07:40 Koshi wrote:
On October 15 2016 07:13 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 15 2016 07:10 Koshi wrote:
Mafia Trifecta Win completed. 3 times mafia in a row.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



ggwp. 180 pages are a lot so town didn't lose due to inactivity tbh.
Oats made like 5 posts last 4 days...
I scated by the entire game without pressure due to playing good for 3 hours EoD1 pushing Palmar.

Poor JAT having to defend himself the entire game lol. So hilarious to see. Props for doing it.



ggwp. Hosts can start rolling me town again. Playing only mafia last months is not that awesome.

Your mom is hilarious to see...

hihi

This was so good if you know Calix would have redchecked Oats. My favorite moment in all scumgames I think. Because it was so clutch. Game winning. And I think we had to be both there to actually go through with it. Alone I wouldn't have had the balls.
[image loading]

Proud moment.

My read! But yeah, wouldn't have changed it on my own either. Team effort.

I had a good night of sleep.
Skynx
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Turkey7150 Posts
October 14 2016 23:01 GMT
#3626
Koshi your scumplay is about to reach Superbia levels of out-thereness
"When seagulls follow the troller, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much" - King Cantona | STX 4 eva
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
October 14 2016 23:03 GMT
#3627
Oh yeah, those blue moves were sick by you guys.

Hi skynx!
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
October 14 2016 23:25 GMT
#3628
gg wp scum......koshi....you're tearing it up. Reading your filters, it'd been hard to make a case on either you or JAT the way it was going, only thing noticable is that you weren't driving lynches like you normally do as town. But IDK that argument alone would have ever gotten you lynched esp before the lynchbait.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/514644-dota-2-mafia

FYI, next game up for signups will close Monday or Tuesday if you are up for a themed game.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-14 23:27:32
October 14 2016 23:26 GMT
#3629
So for those of you who played in this game and havent signed up for DOTA 2 Mafia.

Dota 2 signups are here and I await your /in. PHD programs and pregnancy are not valid reasons to not sign up.

Try TL Mafia!!!
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 14 2016 23:44 GMT
#3630
Thx friends. I do it all for the fans.
I had a good night of sleep.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 15 2016 03:18 GMT
#3631
Scum tore it up on day 1, and on day 2 JAT did really well to convince us to lynch Superbia.

I don't think the Palmar lynch should have happened, and I'm not quite sure why Marv went through with it. After the day 3 lynch I think town was already finished with Damdred/Scott still left as question marks for the majority of town.

Also as much as I'd like to take credit for getting the correct guess in obs, Btdt told us half the scum team lol.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 15 2016 03:21 GMT
#3632
Overall I think scum played pretty well and probably could have pulled off a win even without a Palmar lynch.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 15 2016 03:34 GMT
#3633
Wait what was going on with NU/Koshi discussion from the start of the game?
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
October 15 2016 18:34 GMT
#3634
I didn't think Damdredwas scum but was pretty sure calix was so I would have been fail XD
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-16 14:40:37
October 16 2016 14:40 GMT
#3635
my phone straight double posted I am sorry.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
beentheredonethat
Profile Joined May 2016
2934 Posts
October 16 2016 17:05 GMT
#3636
Host feedback


Okay! So, finally I have the time to sit down and give some insights about what I thought pregame, during the game, and now post game. First of all, my expectations towards this game were very high. Big names had signed up and various people told me beforehand that this would be a great game for lineup reasons already.

This is why it was pretty surprising to me that in my eyes, it was mainly Calix, NeverUnlucky and Grackaroni that drove the game. Turns out they didn't do a really great job, however especially Grack was on point with his reads and his comments, creating a good atmosphere for town. While NeverUnlucky managed to get townread by the most, I think his tone and also the way he went at other people didn't do much for town - the atmosphere all game felt like "wow, this is town going ham on other town", and at no point I as an observer felt like Scum were in danger to lose that game.

Other factors like Palmar and Marvellosity being afk for long times also nurtured the scum win but especially Koshi played a great game in my perception. Regarding justanothertownie: being the most active scum by far, I think he did a good job in driving a mislynch and averting lynch attempts that were aimed towards him. Still, having access to host QT, I think it would help jat to take a step back from the game and not be ad hom towards his teammates but that's just my impression.

Overall, everyone did a good job, Oats being the lurky scum, Koshi the medium active/"I'm townread by everyone anyways" and justanothertownie as "I create chaos where I can and keep them busy". Strong performance supported by a replacement that was sub-par (which I had taken Slam but yeah, I learnt from that).

Regarding hosting: Rels was absolutely great. We also had Vivax as a co-host but he kind of disappeared for most of the game. Rels however was not only a big help in solving potential resolution scenarios but also in other issues, including "how to handle actions that are against the spirit of the game", taking over the night post when I was tired as fuck, and being overall available and reachable for questions and feedback at pretty much any point in the game.It was really great to have him as a co-host and I really, really, really loved it.

Regarding the fluff: when the game started, I was ill (and had been ill for several days if not a full week already). There was sadly no way for me to do the writing. I did have the time but not the concentration needed to do it as writing in english can be quite hard for someone who's no native speaker - sorry for that again.

We had some issues with NeverUnlucky and his mod confirmation stuff. We decided to not modkill however after a good discussion and NU followed up to our inquiries in good ways, so we were able to resolve that trouble - good shit. Nevertheless, a warning was issued as it didn't go too well initially.

Okay! So, what have I as a host learned from this game? Here we go:

PMs
Second game I host, second game PM stuff makes problems. I will add the following to my ruleset: "Do not talk about PMs in the slightest. No warning will be issued, but there will be blood." Or something like that.

Night action resolving
I will add a section to my next OP containing how exactly night actions are being resolved.

Questions to host
Questions will no longer be allowed to be asked ingame. All questions must be posted via PM to the hosts.

resolution period
For convenience reasons, I will have a 30 minute resolution period before EoN.

Encryption
I will not allow any form of out-of-game communication or encryption in my games. This is included in the standard mafia OP, however for reasons I do not know, it was not part of my OP.

So, yeah - thank you all for playing, and I hope I'll see you guys in more games.
"Micro tricks like marine splitting, blink stalker micro, and ling/baneling wars were the apex of the game’s achievements; nothing in the world takes your breath away like watching a pro player split marines like a god."
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 16 2016 17:49 GMT
#3637
There was only one situation that could possibly be seen as "ad hom" towards a teammate. That was when I called oats an idiot for being an idiot. And I was 100 % right in that case and it was important to get him to do the obviously right thing so taking a step back would have been bad. Just sayin.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 16 2016 18:38 GMT
#3638
Great hosting once again. Thank you.
I had a good night of sleep.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 16 2016 19:12 GMT
#3639
On October 17 2016 03:38 Koshi wrote:
Great hosting once again. Thank you.

Prev 1 180 181 182
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 278
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 278
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41390
Bisu 2791
Hyuk 1689
Shuttle 1619
Mini 695
EffOrt 631
Larva 445
Soma 320
firebathero 234
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 98
Zeus 73
Pusan 67
Sexy 53
Killer 50
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 36
Mong 35
sorry 32
Hm[arnc] 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Rock 12
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1496
Dendi987
Counter-Strike
fl0m1052
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes1020
Liquid`Hasu455
Lowko428
Other Games
gofns50010
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1350
DeMusliM276
Livibee173
Hui .142
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King86
ZerO(Twitch)20
CosmosSc2 18
elazer12
KnowMe4
Beastyqt1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6612
League of Legends
• Jankos1901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 57m
INu's Battles
21h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.