• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:25
CEST 13:25
KST 20:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10881 users

[M][T] Haunted Mansion 3 - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 155 Next
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 09 2016 13:29 GMT
#401
On September 09 2016 22:27 Holyflare wrote:
The what now?

It's just me calling your push bad.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 09 2016 13:30 GMT
#402
On September 09 2016 21:25 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 17:00 Grackaroni wrote:
On September 09 2016 14:11 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 12:40 Grackaroni wrote:
No but seriously. Since when is saying "I like this post" forced. What are you smoking HF?

thank you for calling hf out. this is part of the reason I am paranoid. his claims come off as kinda skewed to fit his conclusion. not enough to pin him down as mafia though. grack, you can be town for now because you also had one post that made me laugh earlier

That's pretty much my goal every game. I'm done crafting long posts at the start of games.

I'm at the same place as you on Holyflare though. His case (removing the "I like this post" part) essentially states:

*Ticktock made a wifomy entrance post.
*Ticktock stated he dislikes talking about setups and then talked about the setup, which is a contradiction, but he'll have to sell me on why it's a scummy one. Would the post be scummy if he made his post without stating that setup discussion is boring?

Also, to end up here after reading the posts seems like he's going way overboard.
On September 09 2016 10:48 Holyflare wrote:
I will never in 1000 fiery years vote anyone other than ticktock today.



This is a terrible post.

Not only does he hard defend ticktock for absolutely no reason whatsoever but somehow he doesn't see how someone complaining that setup is useless and boring but then talking about setup is scummy.

Ticktock literally has 0 content in his filter in comparison to actual insights in his last game.

Ticktock's only content is game mechanics which he complained about doing IN THE SAME POST.

No content, all fluff, didn't return from dinner.

Mafia.

If he's not mafia then grack and new guy certainly are.


Your post was really bad grack.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 09 2016 13:32 GMT
#403
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/512849-star-wars-rogue-1-hype-mafia?user=Tictock

Like night and day. Terrible hard defence mafia grack.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 09 2016 13:37 GMT
#404
Like people picking up on the semantics of the wording are bad and should feel bad. Sure he didn't say that mechanics are useless but his mindset is off from what he's actually posting and it looks solely like he's trying to skate by with low content posts.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 09 2016 13:41 GMT
#405
On September 09 2016 22:37 Holyflare wrote:
Like people picking up on the semantics of the wording are bad and should feel bad. Sure he didn't say that mechanics are useless but his mindset is off from what he's actually posting and it looks solely like he's trying to skate by with low content posts.

But which is it?! Is he trying to skate by with low content posts or is he not coming back from dinner?

He did have a better start in that last game. If he's actually just bad at playing as mafia I'll vote him.

Also I did not hard defend him. What I did is what we call in the business a "chain saw defense." The idea is to hit the accuser with the chain saw while the other scummer has him distracted.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 09 2016 13:45 GMT
#406
On September 09 2016 22:41 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 22:37 Holyflare wrote:
Like people picking up on the semantics of the wording are bad and should feel bad. Sure he didn't say that mechanics are useless but his mindset is off from what he's actually posting and it looks solely like he's trying to skate by with low content posts.

But which is it?! Is he trying to skate by with low content posts or is he not coming back from dinner?

He did have a better start in that last game. If he's actually just bad at playing as mafia I'll vote him.

Also I did not hard defend him. What I did is what we call in the business a "chain saw defense." The idea is to hit the accuser with the chain saw while the other scummer has him distracted.


"I didn't defend him that hard, I just enacted a type of defense which is where I attack the accuser even though I haven't stated a town-read on the accused."

That's what I just got out of your post.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
September 09 2016 13:47 GMT
#407
What's up with superbia? A dozen one liners in a row, his plan is to get lynched, some of his speculation seemed misinformed. It's like he didn't sleep for 24 hours, drank a litre of coffee then started playing mafia. At least it looks like he's motivated to post.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 09 2016 13:50 GMT
#408
On September 09 2016 22:45 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 22:41 Grackaroni wrote:
On September 09 2016 22:37 Holyflare wrote:
Like people picking up on the semantics of the wording are bad and should feel bad. Sure he didn't say that mechanics are useless but his mindset is off from what he's actually posting and it looks solely like he's trying to skate by with low content posts.

But which is it?! Is he trying to skate by with low content posts or is he not coming back from dinner?

He did have a better start in that last game. If he's actually just bad at playing as mafia I'll vote him.

Also I did not hard defend him. What I did is what we call in the business a "chain saw defense." The idea is to hit the accuser with the chain saw while the other scummer has him distracted.


"I didn't defend him that hard, I just enacted a type of defense which is where I attack the accuser even though I haven't stated a town-read on the accused."

That's what I just got out of your post.

No but there's a key distinction here. In my opinion for it to be a hard defense I would have to provide arguments NOT to lynch ticktock. I did no such thing. My game plan was much more subtle. Here I avoided the hard defense trap while still landing a powerful blow.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 09 2016 13:59 GMT
#409
On September 09 2016 22:47 Vivax wrote:
What's up with superbia? A dozen one liners in a row, his plan is to get lynched, some of his speculation seemed misinformed. It's like he didn't sleep for 24 hours, drank a litre of coffee then started playing mafia. At least it looks like he's motivated to post.


Quality 0 content shit post.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 14:02 GMT
#410
On September 09 2016 22:47 Vivax wrote:
What's up with superbia? A dozen one liners in a row, his plan is to get lynched, some of his speculation seemed misinformed. It's like he didn't sleep for 24 hours, drank a litre of coffee then started playing mafia. At least it looks like he's motivated to post.


Can we just say fuck the game and be honest for a second?

Like step out of the game for a second because I want this question to be taken seriously. I don't want your alignment or whatever to influence your answer.


Are you mafia?
Minimal effort.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 09 2016 14:11 GMT
#411
hf is making me moderately erect, but it's also a bit of a fear boner
Computer says mafia
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 14:15 GMT
#412
Tbf I'm super uninterested until TW or TT start posting again.
Minimal effort.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 14:17 GMT
#413
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.

Dude, you're a clown. I only got MLed once in the 6 games I played. Where did you get the "he gets MLed a lot" idea from?

Yes, I am an arrogant and presumptuous troll who has trouble persuading others, but I am not under some suspicion. Literally the only person scum-reading me is Tumblewood, and he hasn't given a half-decent reason as to why he did.

I've read 0 games of this site. So much for being 99% sure.

I don't think I'm an expert as far as knowing your play goes. We've discussed this already.
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 14:18 GMT
#414
I probably won't be around (or at least not actively) for like ~28hours as soon as I leave for home (in 30m).
Minimal effort.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
September 09 2016 14:20 GMT
#415
On September 09 2016 17:32 Superbia wrote:
Oh fuck me. Lynched towns get to be vigi? Fuck this game lmao.


On September 09 2016 17:46 Superbia wrote:
I think lynching town d1 is super good to create a benevolent spirit.


He also forgot what he said 15 minutes earlier. Bleh.

Not a fan of this what I think could be strategic spam. I employed something similar in my scum game, just with more condensed posts.

Coincidentally starts the game having the same reads as HF, but doesn't talk about HF.
Calls Grack mafia on the go, then asks Calix a question about Never even though he's the guy she talked about the most and he's not within his range of suspects (TW, TT, Grack). Seems like a random question, or wants Calix to talk about the one she obviously has a strong opinion on already.


On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


This is one of the most misused arguments on the forum. Calling somebody lynch bait doesn't equal calling him town. It just means he's lynch bait. It's like he's trying to get Calix to scumread Never, but he isn't scumreading him either.

On September 09 2016 21:27 Superbia wrote:
Rofl this game has the potential to be amazing. Both HF and Palmar seem to be town.

We'll see.


They seem pretty null to me. HF opens like that as any alignment. Palmar only did some setup speculation. Super could just be handing out a few easy townreads to potentially dangerous players here.

Super can get lynched if he so badly wants to, I'm down.
NeverUnlucky
Profile Joined August 2016
Canada1622 Posts
September 09 2016 14:21 GMT
#416
On September 09 2016 20:51 Palmar wrote:
i like this calix guy

This Calix guy is a 'she'. c:

On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


I lean-scum-read TW for that matter.

What makes you think that this one line I made saying that TW was lynchbait took energy/emotion?
"The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that NU bussed himself intentionally." -darthfoley
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 14:23 GMT
#417
On September 09 2016 23:21 NeverUnlucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:51 Palmar wrote:
i like this calix guy

This Calix guy is a 'she'. c:

Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


I lean-scum-read TW for that matter.

What makes you think that this one line I made saying that TW was lynchbait took energy/emotion?


You made a big bad scary post ranting on TW.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 14:23 GMT
#418
On September 09 2016 23:20 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 17:32 Superbia wrote:
Oh fuck me. Lynched towns get to be vigi? Fuck this game lmao.


Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 17:46 Superbia wrote:
I think lynching town d1 is super good to create a benevolent spirit.


He also forgot what he said 15 minutes earlier. Bleh.

Not a fan of this what I think could be strategic spam. I employed something similar in my scum game, just with more condensed posts.

Coincidentally starts the game having the same reads as HF, but doesn't talk about HF.
Calls Grack mafia on the go, then asks Calix a question about Never even though he's the guy she talked about the most and he's not within his range of suspects (TW, TT, Grack). Seems like a random question, or wants Calix to talk about the one she obviously has a strong opinion on already.


Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 20:41 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:37 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:31 Superbia wrote:
On September 09 2016 20:26 Calix wrote:
Yo. Doesn't look like much happened. What I got was:

- Superbia is really townie given his setup-spec talk and stream-of-consciousness style posting and I don't see scum ever entering the thread like that. Also I agree with the reads he's posted. Palmar's flippancy is also kinda town although that might just be his personality. He wasn't amazingly involved in the setup talk but the way the conversation progressed made me feel good about him.

- Don't like Grackaroni. It feels like he's just hanging on the sidelines; he wasn't very involved in the discussion and most of the posts I read while catching up seemed like he was posting for the sake of looking active. Like there were a lot of places where he could have posted something substantial and he just made some joke comment instead.

- I don't like Tumblewood still.

On September 09 2016 14:03 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 09 2016 11:00 Holyflare wrote:
You shouldn't expect a follow up from Tumblewood that guy is 100% free madia lynch bait.


i'm just not gonna waste 4 hours explaining myself to some scrub who thinks he's caught me in a lie
On September 09 2016 10:23 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On September 09 2016 10:21 Tumblewood wrote:
pls stop making me explain myself


It's kind of the point of the game.

If you have reads but can't express them, no one's going to follow them, and you're as useless as town-Palmar.

Explain them.

see?
it's not even my reads that are unexplained. it's my non-reads. like I have to waste my time explaining why you're all scrubs and I'm not scum for saying something but not drawing a conclusion from it
The worst post of this game and I've only read like 8 posts.

but that makes it seem less bad if it's only one of 8 posts you've seen
On September 09 2016 11:33 fuba wrote:
On September 09 2016 09:26 Tumblewood wrote:
fuba also seems pretty cool

While I appreciate it, it always makes me uncomfortable when people town read me, especially D1 XD

sorry nvm you're scum + Show Spoiler [in case you couldn't tell] +
that was a j o k e and I still think he is town

can I just complain about new players for a sec? cause I'm reading some posts by NU and he keeps attacking people for being lazy. I get the intentions and that may or not be valid on your home site but here on TL lazy is the meta. it's like a competition for who can look the laziest each game.

I want to sheep you hf but after last game I'm paranoid


I'll take "avoiding the main points being raised against me" for £200, Alex.

Add a dose of unnecessary off-topic whining about Teh N00bs. Oh noes.

That last line is really scummy. It's the classic "oh I'll give lip service to lynching X scummy person but then I'll give some bullshit excuse to not follow up on it" scum tactic when the scum feel compelled to talk about their scummy partners but don't actually want to bus them - there is literally NO reason to not vote for Ticktock at this point in time. Paranoia isn't a logical excuse - wouldn't you want to clarify your suspicions by pressuring Ticktock? Why is no-voting better exactly?

- The only point of Holyflare's that I find compelling is Ticktock's contradiction ("I find setup spec boring, here's some setup spec") since it makes his point look like filler. Everything else is just background noise compared to that point imo.

tl;dr: Grackaroni/ Tumblewood/ Ticktock are my scum-reads and the fact that they are low-key defending each other just makes me feel more confident that lynching among these three is the best option.


So:
- I'm town
- My one townread is town.
- All my mafia reads are mafia.

Good reads.

In all seriousness, nice pocket regardless of your alignment. Townpass-ish!

What do you think of NeverUnlucky? You've played with him before, right?


I have.

He's a scrub but he's town. He's more proactive and abrasive compared to his scum play. He gets mislynched a lot given he's presumptuous, arrogant, prone to trolling, has poor persuasion abilities, etc, so I am not surprised that he's under some suspicion.

I am also 99% sure that he's read like, one or two past games on this site and that's why he's acting like he knows what everyone's meta is. Recently, he read one of my scum games from five months ago and now thinks he's an expert. That's how he rolls.


Is he prone to be abrasive and yet form no actual opinion on someone? He calls TW 'lynchbait', which suggests he is TRing him, but nothing suggests he is reaching any actual conclusion. Seems weird to put seemingly that much energy/emotion into something but reach no real conclusion.


This is one of the most misused arguments on the forum. Calling somebody lynch bait doesn't equal calling him town. It just means he's lynch bait. It's like he's trying to get Calix to scumread Never, but he isn't scumreading him either.

Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 21:27 Superbia wrote:
Rofl this game has the potential to be amazing. Both HF and Palmar seem to be town.

We'll see.


They seem pretty null to me. HF opens like that as any alignment. Palmar only did some setup speculation. Super could just be handing out a few easy townreads to potentially dangerous players here.

Super can get lynched if he so badly wants to, I'm down.


Verrryyy nitpicky. Incorrect on several points.

You OMGUSing?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
September 09 2016 14:24 GMT
#419
Actually everything you said is incorrect.
Minimal effort.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
September 09 2016 14:24 GMT
#420
On September 09 2016 22:50 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 22:45 Calix wrote:
On September 09 2016 22:41 Grackaroni wrote:
On September 09 2016 22:37 Holyflare wrote:
Like people picking up on the semantics of the wording are bad and should feel bad. Sure he didn't say that mechanics are useless but his mindset is off from what he's actually posting and it looks solely like he's trying to skate by with low content posts.

But which is it?! Is he trying to skate by with low content posts or is he not coming back from dinner?

He did have a better start in that last game. If he's actually just bad at playing as mafia I'll vote him.

Also I did not hard defend him. What I did is what we call in the business a "chain saw defense." The idea is to hit the accuser with the chain saw while the other scummer has him distracted.


"I didn't defend him that hard, I just enacted a type of defense which is where I attack the accuser even though I haven't stated a town-read on the accused."

That's what I just got out of your post.

No but there's a key distinction here. In my opinion for it to be a hard defense I would have to provide arguments NOT to lynch ticktock. I did no such thing. My game plan was much more subtle. Here I avoided the hard defense trap while still landing a powerful blow.


Well what is your read on Ticktock then? You haven't made your stance on him clear.

What is your point with your last line? Why would you need to 'avoid a trap' anyway?
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 155 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1849
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo540
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
Replay Cast
11h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.