• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:37
CEST 07:37
KST 14:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202613Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10160 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 11:21 GMT
#1532
On February 23 2015 14:54 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2015 05:06 zlefin wrote:
I believe that's a good analysis, and would like to hear Silver's rebuttal. Also, if you think it's silver, any idea on who they're working with?
I'm starting to try to think on pairwise analysis to see who looks too in sync.
This quote looks really weird with a flipped Silverarte.....
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 06:11 zlefin wrote:
Like I say, I could see a Trfel/Silver team as a possibility, as I looked over how things were done.
I maintain silver is a great target right now.
I'm suspicious of Tere as well, more suspicious than I am of trfel.
Look at these sentences (all from the same quote, stand alone, I just removed the stuff in between. If Silverarte flips, he is setting himself up for pushing Trfel, taking credit for voting scum. And if Trfel flips town, he's setting himself up to push Tere in response.
This post looks bad

Just a few random thoughts from zlefin's filter. I really think that the scum is zlefin, not jarjarbinks. Jarjarbinks has seemed more like town. There is a fair associative case between zlefin and Silverarte as well (notably how hard zlefin tried to avoid having Silverarte drag him down). Look at how zlefin's read on Silverarte changed. First he was suspicious of her for being inactive, then he gave her a cautious town read (which I feel is unwarranted), and then when suspicion picked up on Silverarte, he switched back to scum reading her.

when did I give silver a cautious town read?
I'm asking because I don't remember doing that; and my point system shows no town points for silver.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 11:24 GMT
#1533
On February 23 2015 14:54 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2015 05:06 zlefin wrote:
I believe that's a good analysis, and would like to hear Silver's rebuttal. Also, if you think it's silver, any idea on who they're working with?
I'm starting to try to think on pairwise analysis to see who looks too in sync.
This quote looks really weird with a flipped Silverarte.....
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2015 06:11 zlefin wrote:
Like I say, I could see a Trfel/Silver team as a possibility, as I looked over how things were done.
I maintain silver is a great target right now.
I'm suspicious of Tere as well, more suspicious than I am of trfel.
Look at these sentences (all from the same quote, stand alone, I just removed the stuff in between. If Silverarte flips, he is setting himself up for pushing Trfel, taking credit for voting scum. And if Trfel flips town, he's setting himself up to push Tere in response.
This post looks bad

Just a few random thoughts from zlefin's filter. I really think that the scum is zlefin, not jarjarbinks. Jarjarbinks has seemed more like town. There is a fair associative case between zlefin and Silverarte as well (notably how hard zlefin tried to avoid having Silverarte drag him down). Look at how zlefin's read on Silverarte changed. First he was suspicious of her for being inactive, then he gave her a cautious town read (which I feel is unwarranted), and then when suspicion picked up on Silverarte, he switched back to scum reading her.

I see nothing wrong with trying to figure out likely pairs.
There were 2 mafia in the game, and they're likely do at least a little coordination. So looking to see which pairs seem more cooperative is useful, and which people seem to be genuinely at odds.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 11:26 GMT
#1534
On February 23 2015 14:58 Trfel wrote:
There doesn't really need to be a case on zlefin. It's really simple.

He's being extremely cautious. His posts seem to be putting in effort to look towny. He is really cautious with his stance on Silverarte. He's always staying under the radar, seeming to scumhunt but never really memorable. One of those alone is not incriminating, but combined? I think he is scum trying to avoid being lynched at all costs.

I'm going to sleep now. Very interested to hear thoughts.

I'd say I'm cautious in general.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 11:31 GMT
#1535
Also, to the people who didn't understand my day 3, not that I can get why as I explained myself very clearly:

My view was approximately this (I say approximately because coming up with exact %'s is hard and unreliable, but it shows my viewpoint accurately):
Tere 60% chance scum
Trfel 25% chance scum
JJB 10% chance scum
Shining 5% chance scum.

Since there's one scum, the chances of course add up to 100%. With odds like that, and those odds being the result of everything that had happened in the thread up until then; post analysis, filter reading, etc;
then Tere was the best lynch. Doesn't mean guaranteed scum, or that everyone else is town. It means the highest probability of being scum, by a sufficiently large margin, that new analysis from a third day won't change the odds by enough to change who the best lynch is (since 3rd day new material won't be large enough to change the much larger amount of content that came before).
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 11:38 GMT
#1536
Shining's play from day 3 on feels off, different than it was before.
But I can't make anything of it. If shining was mafia, there was little need to stir the pot when he was already the most townread player and hence likely to survive a lylo.
Sure it bulks up his towncred which would help if he survives the night (seeing as mafia in this game has been killing towniest players); but I think he'd have been fine without that, due to the oft-pointed to wifom of NKs.

Given the oddity of his play, and that his case on JJB was rather weak (not horrible, a case with some merit, but with real weaknesses, it felt much like Tere's case on Trfel); I feel more like Shining goal wasn't to target JJB per se, but to do a push to get reactions we could gauge in case the lynch turned out bad.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 11:39 GMT
#1537
As to rankings, it's terribly hard to rank myself since I don't try to estimate my own towniness.

Towniest:
Shining
Zlefin
JJB
Trfel
Scummiest:

But there's my ranking, though I'm considering swapping trfel and JJB. I haven't done another filter dive on JJB yet, and I need to do that to decide how I feel.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 12:55 GMT
#1538
On February 23 2015 08:07 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2015 07:45 Palmar wrote:
jarjar who is the mafia tomorrow?


lol there won't be a tomorrow!

You are showing that you are trying, which draws confusion. After some analysis you go ahead and sheep shining's read because it is your only way out from getting lynched. And don't even think I missed that feel question from you before you decided to finally vote for me. You were definitely checking to see if I thought about voting shining, so you can change the way you are making your reads.

this post concerns me, as JJB tends to be unsure about things, with lots of caveats. While this post shows a high level of certainty about something that's inherently unclear.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 13:53 GMT
#1540
My percents are not exact, they're an estimate that accurately shows what my perception was like to explain the point.
I simply used numbers that felt about right. There is no need to figure out %s that exactly, so I didn't bother to, only enough to demonstrate the point.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 17:02 GMT
#1542
I'm not sure I call this a townread; it's a town-favorable impression, which was reducing the prior scum-impression.

It depends whether by townread you mean thinking someone is town, or thinking something pushes someone closer to being town. If the latter, yes; if the former, not really, it looks too neutral for that.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 17:38 GMT
#1544
Noted that you feel that way.

I tend to be precise in my word usage, and if people misread things because they aren't being careful about the words used, it tends to irk me. Also, correcting people misreading things is good.

If you want to argue about whether an action is scummy or not, you need to know what the actual action is; if you're misreading the action itself, arguing about how the action appears seems pointless.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 17:49 GMT
#1545
Why they aren't scummy? They aren't scummy because they aren't; it's not like I said silver was town, I said he wasn't as scum as previously assessed, though still with reservations, which were pointed out very clearly.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 22:47 GMT
#1547
I think it was a useful tool for early on, to help organize my thoughts, but it's not necessary anymore as there's few enough people to track it in my head fine.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 23 2015 22:47 GMT
#1548
It's also hard sometimes to figure whether to adjust by a point or not, and that wasn't productive time.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 24 2015 00:22 GMT
#1554
Well, the towniest player was killed, no surprise there.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 24 2015 00:54 GMT
#1557
Well, I've reread jarjar's filter, so I should reread Trfels, (or at least the important parts of it, it's big!). Then figure out who to vote on.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 24 2015 01:07 GMT
#1559
I was considering that you and shining might have (by thinking the same idea) each placed a different person as the likely lynch, and use the night kill to see which one of you was killed. I didn't mention it as it would have messed up such a plan.
NK analysis is still wifom, but we can try to make something out of it, though the simplest explanation still looks to be best here.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 24 2015 01:10 GMT
#1560
I considered some kind of shenanigan to try to draw out the scum for day 4, but I can't think of anything which had a good chance of working, that didn't come with high risks of its own, since shenanigans of the sort necessary would look scummy.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 24 2015 01:14 GMT
#1561
Hmmm, so two of us have to agree on which other one to lynch, as per the rules on end-game votes.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 24 2015 01:29 GMT
#1565
On February 24 2015 10:23 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 10:14 zlefin wrote:
Hmmm, so two of us have to agree on which other one to lynch, as per the rules on end-game votes.
Is that really what it is? I thought that the rule in question only applied if it was clear that it would be that way before the day began. Therefore, I think if we have a 1-1-1 split, whoever gets voted for first is the one who is lynched.

That said, we had better have two people on the same target.


well, that's not how I read it, but you can ask those in charge.
The logic for it would fully apply to a 1-1-1 split, making sure it's not a vote race, because vote races are bad for deciding the game.
It just occurs to me, it must be logically possible for a mafia game to tie, if there's a lylo mislynch, but the remaining two people are the scum and a vigilante with a bullet left, and they kill each other at night.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
February 24 2015 01:30 GMT
#1566
On February 24 2015 10:24 jarjarbinks wrote:
Sorry guys, this read analysis is taking me forever. On page 6 of zlefin.

Honestly I think both NK wifom and lych WIFOM are worth more than people credit for. I don't think it's 50/50. Although some people generally have better reads than others. With no real vet exp on Shining, I would have to think that there's a better chance that he was killed for his reads than to draw confusion.

That super long case on me sure has me looking awful here lol

no problem, take your time and get it right (while allowing enough time for people to look over your choice, if you wish)
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 183
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3843
Sharp 415
Mong 90
Dewaltoss 85
Icarus 9
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King216
Other Games
summit1g7069
WinterStarcraft592
C9.Mang0276
Sick139
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt384
Other Games
• Shiphtur467
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.