• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:50
CEST 03:50
KST 10:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10003 users

TL Mafia LXIX: Carol Of The Bells - Page 212

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 265 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
December 19 2014 14:20 GMT
#4221
What I can criticize about HF's case is that it came at a time where people were already willing to vote Templar so it didn't exactly add much novelty. You could call it a nail in the coffin but it also looks a bit like overkill, something a scum HF could have done just cause he said he would write a huge wall of text case previously, and not something we really needed.

I didn't even read it lol, Templar is an easy gut-read at this point and before, based on my previous games with him.

Sorry HF I don't think I will ever feel confident enough to call you town after my past experiences, there are these interactions with scum that suggest townie but I fully trust you'd have the means of planting them on purpose.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 14:20 GMT
#4222
Nah, I mostly agreed with your case. Was just commenting on some of your analytical comments that didn't seem as solid. I'm still for voting GB if I had my preference, though that's probably obvious lol.

I did, however, want you to understand that I'd read your case, agree that he could easily be scum, while explaining why I'm not as sure of him. (tbh though, lynching Templar down the road regardless of GBs alignment is a definite possibility in my eyes. he's not playing well. i'm also concerned about oats who doesn't seem to be interested in contributing much this game. is that normal for him? he seemed more engaged in my other game with him)

People commented on some of my actual analysis, too, and I agreed with some of their corrections. I.e. nothing necessarily being all that scummy about a rage!fitting demanding GB on Day 2, lol, but I still dislike people screaming at me to do things, especially for poor or unexplained reasons.

"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 14:33 GMT
#4223
On December 19 2014 23:20 Vivax wrote:
What I can criticize about HF's case is that it came at a time where people were already willing to vote Templar so it didn't exactly add much novelty. You could call it a nail in the coffin but it also looks a bit like overkill, something a scum HF could have done just cause he said he would write a huge wall of text case previously, and not something we really needed.

I didn't even read it lol, Templar is an easy gut-read at this point and before, based on my previous games with him.

Sorry HF I don't think I will ever feel confident enough to call you town after my past experiences, there are these interactions with scum that suggest townie but I fully trust you'd have the means of planting them on purpose.


I've seen this sentiment multiple times in the thread. I won't argue that it's not possible, especially since I've said before that it is. My main issue with it is it pretty much makes HF a policy lynch, doesn't it? Guilty until proven innocent (by death) because no one is confident enough in reading his scum play to say he's town. (Why not a friggin' vig kill then?)

So...eh. Maybe when I've played more games with him I'll be on that train, too, dunnae.

For right now I'd prefer going after the obvious (to me) scum. The more we reveal the scum team, the easier it will be to make a good decision regarding HF. That's how I figure it, anyway. With their two NKs...getting a lynch wrong will be a huge problem. That's my take on the whole mess.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 19 2014 14:35 GMT
#4224
On December 19 2014 23:20 Vivax wrote:
What I can criticize about HF's case is that it came at a time where people were already willing to vote Templar so it didn't exactly add much novelty. You could call it a nail in the coffin but it also looks a bit like overkill, something a scum HF could have done just cause he said he would write a huge wall of text case previously, and not something we really needed.

I didn't even read it lol, Templar is an easy gut-read at this point and before, based on my previous games with him.

Sorry HF I don't think I will ever feel confident enough to call you town after my past experiences, there are these interactions with scum that suggest townie but I fully trust you'd have the means of planting them on purpose.


well I don't really blame you ~_~ but I DID make it the day ritoky died initially and nobody really said anything other than "good case" "cool" and then went straight back to scum reading me somehow so I fleshed it out so people could stop being retarded and actually vote on likely mafia

this game is pretty exhausting tbh -.-
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 19 2014 14:36 GMT
#4225
rsoultin is warned for editing a post. If I find out that any content was changed, he will be modkilled.
Computer says mafia
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 14:38 GMT
#4226
Oh lol >< whoops. it was coding on the color.

feel free to modkill me anyway, though. I should have remembered.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 19 2014 14:39 GMT
#4227
Vivax

1) Saying a lack on push on a ridiculous present claim =\= having a read on the claim
2) Reevaluating reads is okay so, lol. Check timestamps.
3) I GAVE THE PRESENT TO RITOKY. HE HAD A PRESENT. There is a present with mafia.

On other topic: I thought sicklucker said he gave the present to damdred before damdred flipped??
I'm adorable.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 19 2014 14:40 GMT
#4228
On December 19 2014 23:20 Vivax wrote:
What I can criticize about HF's case is that it came at a time where people were already willing to vote Templar so it didn't exactly add much novelty. You could call it a nail in the coffin but it also looks a bit like overkill, something a scum HF could have done just cause he said he would write a huge wall of text case previously, and not something we really needed.

I didn't even read it lol, Templar is an easy gut-read at this point and before, based on my previous games with him.

Sorry HF I don't think I will ever feel confident enough to call you town after my past experiences, there are these interactions with scum that suggest townie but I fully trust you'd have the means of planting them on purpose.

Thats totally not true lol.
When HF made his case he had by far the most votes and to say that his case was the nail in the coffin is a huge understatement.

The tone of this post sounds weird, you are avoiding calling him town but your very attitude in the text implies that you think hes town.
No gg, No skill.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 19 2014 14:41 GMT
#4229
On December 19 2014 23:40 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2014 23:20 Vivax wrote:
What I can criticize about HF's case is that it came at a time where people were already willing to vote Templar so it didn't exactly add much novelty. You could call it a nail in the coffin but it also looks a bit like overkill, something a scum HF could have done just cause he said he would write a huge wall of text case previously, and not something we really needed.

I didn't even read it lol, Templar is an easy gut-read at this point and before, based on my previous games with him.

Sorry HF I don't think I will ever feel confident enough to call you town after my past experiences, there are these interactions with scum that suggest townie but I fully trust you'd have the means of planting them on purpose.

Thats totally not true lol.
When HF made his case he had by far the most votes and to say that his case was the nail in the coffin is a huge understatement.

The tone of this post sounds weird, you are avoiding calling him town but your very attitude in the text implies that you think hes town.



can you blame him after this entire game and my previous ones??
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 14:44 GMT
#4230
On December 19 2014 23:39 GlowingBear wrote:
Vivax

1) Saying a lack on push on a ridiculous present claim =\= having a read on the claim
2) Reevaluating reads is okay so, lol. Check timestamps.
3) I GAVE THE PRESENT TO RITOKY. HE HAD A PRESENT. There is a present with mafia.

On other topic: I thought sicklucker said he gave the present to damdred before damdred flipped??


Hrm. I thought SL had said it before the flip, too?

I know that he strongly intimated it. Cause I for sure got that impression when he first mentioned giving it to someone. Probably should filter-dive...meeeeeehh. Finding one specific post in that is gonna be a chore.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 19 2014 14:48 GMT
#4231
On December 19 2014 23:44 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2014 23:39 GlowingBear wrote:
Vivax

1) Saying a lack on push on a ridiculous present claim =\= having a read on the claim
2) Reevaluating reads is okay so, lol. Check timestamps.
3) I GAVE THE PRESENT TO RITOKY. HE HAD A PRESENT. There is a present with mafia.

On other topic: I thought sicklucker said he gave the present to damdred before damdred flipped??


Hrm. I thought SL had said it before the flip, too?

I know that he strongly intimated it. Cause I for sure got that impression when he first mentioned giving it to someone. Probably should filter-dive...meeeeeehh. Finding one specific post in that is gonna be a chore.


I cba to filter dive him but I really thought it was before the flip, which implies mafia shot someone they were certain they had a present. I can't think another reason for mafia to not shoot holyflare before damdred night1.
I'm adorable.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 19 2014 14:52 GMT
#4232
On December 10 2014 01:02 sicklucker wrote:
Ok I just sent my gift now to someone im sure is town and not going to get killed tonight. Open it if you think im town its not the death present I think. I think a mafia starts with that one but im not sure.



this is all he said before
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 14:55 GMT
#4233
On December 12 2014 08:22 sicklucker wrote:
Shit this is horrible I can confirm I sent dandred a present and thats probably why hes dead..


First time he mentioned sending it to Damdred was after the flip, yes.

I mean, you could figure it out, actually, given he was only townreading you and Damdred strongly and thought you had a role, then goes and says he gave it to someone he knows (lol) is town, but has no role...but it does make SL look pretty bad lol if you think Damdred was NKd and not killed by exploding present.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 19 2014 14:59 GMT
#4234
On December 19 2014 23:55 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2014 08:22 sicklucker wrote:
Shit this is horrible I can confirm I sent dandred a present and thats probably why hes dead..


First time he mentioned sending it to Damdred was after the flip, yes.

I mean, you could figure it out, actually, given he was only townreading you and Damdred strongly and thought you had a role, then goes and says he gave it to someone he knows (lol) is town, but has no role...but it does make SL look pretty bad lol if you think Damdred was NKd and not killed by exploding present.


I have no idea why the mass murderer would hold his shot day1.
I simply have no idea. Which implies damdred was shot because kush was obviously killed by Marley and LoneMeow by obi.

If there was a save night1 I will be impressed.
I'm adorable.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 15:03 GMT
#4235
I haven't been sold on the kill present theory for Damdred for a bit. It does imply that SL is scum, though, which people don't seem to like. That or that he was just highly transparent (which I can see, cause I've posted how his posts read Day 1 before to demonstrate that it wasn't really rocket science, figuring out who SL gave the present to).
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 19 2014 15:14 GMT
#4236
On December 20 2014 00:03 rsoultin wrote:
I haven't been sold on the kill present theory for Damdred for a bit. It does imply that SL is scum, though, which people don't seem to like. That or that he was just highly transparent (which I can see, cause I've posted how his posts read Day 1 before to demonstrate that it wasn't really rocket science, figuring out who SL gave the present to).


People aren't aware of the presents content. I have no idea what's on ritoky's present.

So, sicklucker giving the death present to damdred doesn't implies he is mafia.

What is weird, though, is that he says the death present is probably with mafia and after he says people doesn't know what is the present's content.

The possibilities are
1) Damdred opened the death present. Implies SL is town because I can't see mafia giving a present to a townie if not to WIFOM hard
2) Mafia understood he gave the present to damdred and shot him.
3) Mafia sicklucker gave a present to damdred and, by knowing he was the holder, shot him. His would eliminate a present from the game and it would also give town cred to sicklucker based on possibility (1).
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 19 2014 15:16 GMT
#4237
If the death present was sent from town SL to town damdred, if mafia has a present since the beginning, if Santa got a check on the godfather, we are SO FUCKING UNLUCKY in this game.

Sick unlucker
I'm adorable.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 15:17 GMT
#4238
I didn't make myself clear. Not believing that Damdred received a kill present is what implies SL is scum xP So we just said the same thing.

But yeah, he's very squirrely on all these presents. I'm scum leaning on him, but I don't think today is a good day to push him, because hey uphill climb lol. He's done a good job of convincing people to generally ignore his nuttiness (myself included) so that when he is scum we don't look at him as closely as maybe we should.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 19 2014 15:24 GMT
#4239
On December 20 2014 00:17 rsoultin wrote:
I didn't make myself clear. Not believing that Damdred received a kill present is what implies SL is scum xP So we just said the same thing.

But yeah, he's very squirrely on all these presents. I'm scum leaning on him, but I don't think today is a good day to push him, because hey uphill climb lol. He's done a good job of convincing people to generally ignore his nuttiness (myself included) so that when he is scum we don't look at him as closely as maybe we should.


Unfortunately, he looks as town to me. This is why this game is so fucking hard.
I'm adorable.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 19 2014 15:28 GMT
#4240
-shrugs-

Like I said, uphill climb xP

So why are you so interested in people mass-claiming? Do you really think it'll narrow things down for town that much? Seems to me we're more likely to get counter-claims (real or false) or a ton of VT claims and still be playing the same old who is lying bit, while scum can shoot into the last few roles that may or may not be able to roleblock them.

If you're arguing it's obvious who the scum would be...I refer you to your last post ^
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 265 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech175
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12789
Shuttle 806
Artosis 612
Dewaltoss 45
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm158
League of Legends
Doublelift4254
Counter-Strike
taco 449
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox527
AZ_Axe104
Other Games
summit1g8311
Day[9].tv520
C9.Mang0351
WinterStarcraft176
Maynarde148
ViBE122
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv520
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 11m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.