• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9132 users

Hearthstone Mafia - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 183 Next
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 01 2014 00:34 GMT
#601
On November 01 2014 09:31 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 09:03 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On November 01 2014 08:35 jaybrundage wrote:
I would join a risk.nuke lynch. He is a coinflip and always a liability late game. Add the fact that he always lurks.

And not much reason to keep him around.

Also LT I don't believe I have seen you contribute yet still waiting.

BUT MOOOOOM, I got TLLOLOTGDTGN tonite, can't I wait till LATER to contribute?

I was gonna respond with a parody of your post asking the thread to lynch you.

But I am actually curious at what point does your posting of only joke posts, videos, and exclamations of "LOL" become unacceptable to the thread. Granted your cavalier attitude makes you almost appear townie. But the main issue is that a there is no content spread thru your jokes and "LOL's a townie would want to scumhunt and you have done nothing of the sort.

Do you plan to contribute or you do you plan to keep stalling?

+1

Yooper
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
November 01 2014 00:34 GMT
#602
Lord bh has spoken the insufferable ones wipl must be done
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 01 2014 00:35 GMT
#603
On November 01 2014 09:33 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 09:20 jrkirby wrote:
BH why didn't you let us discuss rng lynch before culculating the rng so we can tell if anybody changes their mind about rng based on the outcome of it?

Why even discuss it. Its dumb. At best its a first post conversation starter. This late in the day it has no useful applications

Except hitting scum more than day1 analysts
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
November 01 2014 00:35 GMT
#604
On November 01 2014 09:23 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 09:20 jrkirby wrote:
BH why didn't you let us discuss rng lynch before culculating the rng so we can tell if anybody changes their mind about rng based on the outcome of it?


This is a fair question. The fact of the matter is, every rng lynch discussion that doesn't roll the dice goes like this. People basically vaguely talk about how rng is not great, or talk about stats about historical rng, or whatever. Nobody gets invested, nobody cares, nobody gives away reads, nobody is under pressure, and nobody gets lynched. Take a look at the low tier policy talk in ANY game. What makes me, and my RNG, different, is that it selects a target before people discuss whether it's good or not. Now scum are on the line. Now they suddenly feel a need to justify or NOT justify voting for or not voting for GB, who is probably their scumbuddy. They're in a tough spot and it absolutely wrecks scumteams.

I'm different than most people, jrkirby. Most people don't policy. Most people don't have the rock-hard, cast-iron BALLS to push policy like I do. Policy isn't REAL unless you're willing to go balls to the wall to lynch your policy target. And by jove, I WILL lynch GB, just as I've lynched so many others with the power of RNG.

It is inevitable.


I guess this is fair enough to me. I have a slight town-lean read on GB, but I think RNG can be very powerful day 1. If anyone trys RNG after day one, I will want to lynch you though.

So I'm going to drop my slight town read on GB and my vote on the unproductive LT in favor of the power of RNG. This is a hearthstone flavored game here.

Just so everyone knows, this is a vote for RNG, not for GB in particular.

BY FIRE BE PURGED. + Show Spoiler +
Cause Ragnaros has a random target, yeah?


##Unvote: Lord Tolkein

##Vote: GlowingBear
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 01 2014 00:36 GMT
#605
On November 01 2014 09:34 Damdred wrote:
Lord bh has spoken the insufferably great one's will must be done

+1 and fixed
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 01 2014 00:37 GMT
#606
Plus GlowingBear is not like OO
He will not quit
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
November 01 2014 00:42 GMT
#607
So, we have GB as a call for the D1 backup, and some people seem to be jumping onboard for risk.nuke. I've read the case for lynching risk.nuke, and I'm not yet completely sold. I don't have a solid read on him yet, so can anyone give me a reason we should lynch someone else INSTEAD of risk.nuke?
The world is better when every background has a chance.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
November 01 2014 00:57 GMT
#608
On November 01 2014 09:35 jrkirby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 09:23 Blazinghand wrote:
On November 01 2014 09:20 jrkirby wrote:
BH why didn't you let us discuss rng lynch before culculating the rng so we can tell if anybody changes their mind about rng based on the outcome of it?


This is a fair question. The fact of the matter is, every rng lynch discussion that doesn't roll the dice goes like this. People basically vaguely talk about how rng is not great, or talk about stats about historical rng, or whatever. Nobody gets invested, nobody cares, nobody gives away reads, nobody is under pressure, and nobody gets lynched. Take a look at the low tier policy talk in ANY game. What makes me, and my RNG, different, is that it selects a target before people discuss whether it's good or not. Now scum are on the line. Now they suddenly feel a need to justify or NOT justify voting for or not voting for GB, who is probably their scumbuddy. They're in a tough spot and it absolutely wrecks scumteams.

I'm different than most people, jrkirby. Most people don't policy. Most people don't have the rock-hard, cast-iron BALLS to push policy like I do. Policy isn't REAL unless you're willing to go balls to the wall to lynch your policy target. And by jove, I WILL lynch GB, just as I've lynched so many others with the power of RNG.

It is inevitable.


I guess this is fair enough to me. I have a slight town-lean read on GB, but I think RNG can be very powerful day 1. If anyone trys RNG after day one, I will want to lynch you though.

So I'm going to drop my slight town read on GB and my vote on the unproductive LT in favor of the power of RNG. This is a hearthstone flavored game here.

Just so everyone knows, this is a vote for RNG, not for GB in particular.

BY FIRE BE PURGED. + Show Spoiler +
Cause Ragnaros has a random target, yeah?


##Unvote: Lord Tolkein

##Vote: GlowingBear


This guy is scum. Props to me for pointing him out so early in the game.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
November 01 2014 00:57 GMT
#609
On November 01 2014 09:42 Circumstance wrote:
So, we have GB as a call for the D1 backup, and some people seem to be jumping onboard for risk.nuke. I've read the case for lynching risk.nuke, and I'm not yet completely sold. I don't have a solid read on him yet, so can anyone give me a reason we should lynch someone else INSTEAD of risk.nuke?


You can start by telling who you think is scum.
I'm adorable.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
November 01 2014 01:04 GMT
#610
need an analyze target from everyone here if you haven't put one in. the cycle ends soon.

current leader is jayb i believe. i think he is an alright enough target as of now.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
November 01 2014 01:05 GMT
#611
On November 01 2014 09:35 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 09:33 jaybrundage wrote:
On November 01 2014 09:20 jrkirby wrote:
BH why didn't you let us discuss rng lynch before culculating the rng so we can tell if anybody changes their mind about rng based on the outcome of it?

Why even discuss it. Its dumb. At best its a first post conversation starter. This late in the day it has no useful applications

Except hitting scum more than day1 analysts

This is why I'm following the RNG. Sure it might disagree with my reads, but what real use are day 1 reads anyway? They've been shown historically to almost never lynch scum.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
November 01 2014 01:10 GMT
#612
On November 01 2014 10:05 jrkirby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 09:35 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 01 2014 09:33 jaybrundage wrote:
On November 01 2014 09:20 jrkirby wrote:
BH why didn't you let us discuss rng lynch before culculating the rng so we can tell if anybody changes their mind about rng based on the outcome of it?

Why even discuss it. Its dumb. At best its a first post conversation starter. This late in the day it has no useful applications

Except hitting scum more than day1 analysts

This is why I'm following the RNG. Sure it might disagree with my reads, but what real use are day 1 reads anyway? They've been shown historically to almost never lynch scum.


what statistics are you using for this?

can we lynch this guy? like srsly. he doesn't give reads, he talked incessantly about the cat, does more nothing, now he wants rng because d1 reads suck? you haven't even tried to develop strong reads or push for information in any way. you're just looking for easy shit to talk about to appear active and involved, and when it doesn't work out you have an excuse. welcome to my scum list.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
November 01 2014 01:11 GMT
#613
w/e we will just start with this, since who knows what the fuck it does:

analyze: jrkirby
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
November 01 2014 01:12 GMT
#614
On November 01 2014 10:10 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 10:05 jrkirby wrote:
On November 01 2014 09:35 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 01 2014 09:33 jaybrundage wrote:
On November 01 2014 09:20 jrkirby wrote:
BH why didn't you let us discuss rng lynch before culculating the rng so we can tell if anybody changes their mind about rng based on the outcome of it?

Why even discuss it. Its dumb. At best its a first post conversation starter. This late in the day it has no useful applications

Except hitting scum more than day1 analysts

This is why I'm following the RNG. Sure it might disagree with my reads, but what real use are day 1 reads anyway? They've been shown historically to almost never lynch scum.


what statistics are you using for this?

can we lynch this guy? like srsly. he doesn't give reads, he talked incessantly about the cat, does more nothing, now he wants rng because d1 reads suck? you haven't even tried to develop strong reads or push for information in any way. you're just looking for easy shit to talk about to appear active and involved, and when it doesn't work out you have an excuse. welcome to my scum list.


Of course we can and I'm certain he is scum.
I'm adorable.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
November 01 2014 01:16 GMT
#615
analyze jrkirby
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
November 01 2014 01:16 GMT
#616
On November 01 2014 09:42 Circumstance wrote:
So, we have GB as a call for the D1 backup, and some people seem to be jumping onboard for risk.nuke. I've read the case for lynching risk.nuke, and I'm not yet completely sold. I don't have a solid read on him yet, so can anyone give me a reason we should lynch someone else INSTEAD of risk.nuke?


This post is also bad.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
November 01 2014 01:17 GMT
#617
On November 01 2014 10:16 Damdred wrote:
analyze jrkirby


OH HERE YOU ARE!

Geev reeds.
I'm adorable.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
November 01 2014 01:24 GMT
#618
Hmmm... I could have sworn I'd read somewhere that day one lynching was worse than random, perhaps I was a bit quick to jump the gun. I searched for my source, and found this:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/390080-tl-mafia-database?page=10#185

> The day one lynch percentage is still slightly below random, but not if you exclude newbie games.

And I guess this isn't a newbie game. So perhaps I was wrong.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
November 01 2014 01:26 GMT
#619
On November 01 2014 10:16 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 09:42 Circumstance wrote:
So, we have GB as a call for the D1 backup, and some people seem to be jumping onboard for risk.nuke. I've read the case for lynching risk.nuke, and I'm not yet completely sold. I don't have a solid read on him yet, so can anyone give me a reason we should lynch someone else INSTEAD of risk.nuke?


This post is also bad.


what strikes me as odd is that wasn't it circ who came in to hard defend jrkirby early on when he was being pressured? then once again jrkirby starts to take interest in a gb lynch and now circ is suddenly around and interested? there's something funky goin on between these two.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
November 01 2014 01:31 GMT
#620
Ritoky, Kirby thought I was suspicious because I quickly jumped into conclusions, and that circumstance was town because he was thinking logically and wasn't jumping into conclusions.

Now he thinks I'm town mean but he is okay with RNGing me?
When did I get townie to his eyes?

But this is unflipped association. Not good yet.

I just don't think he would instantly call his scum partner town that early. But his is WIFOM.
I'm adorable.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 183 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 5m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 5m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 5m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.