• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:12
CEST 15:12
KST 22:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12266 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 92 93 94 Next
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 22 2014 07:37 GMT
#61
On September 22 2014 15:43 kushm4sta wrote:
Why do anime's always have to be about school kids? maybe because only kids are dumb enough to like anime?


Kush that's something i would only expect to hear from an old, grumpy grandpa.
I think you're growing old.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 22 2014 07:43 GMT
#62
sorry but 99 percent of animes are about kids in high school
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 07:46:38
September 22 2014 07:45 GMT
#63
On September 22 2014 16:28 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 15:43 kushm4sta wrote:
Why do anime's always have to be about school kids? maybe because only kids are dumb enough to like anime?


They are not always about school kids. And I like anime and I am not dumb nor am I a kid.

That is a total lie. + Show Spoiler [You Know What I'm Going To Say] +
We all know you're secretly a 14 year old girl with a crush on Justin Bieber.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 22 2014 07:50 GMT
#64
Anime are about kids because a lot of anime is aimed at kids. A general assumption of modern artists and cartoon studios is that kids only want to see shows about kids (like making new seasons of Teen Titans but not Superfriends). Probably the worst offender of this sort are Mecha anime (anime about large robots fighting) which often exist for the explicit purpose of selling toys to small children. The main character is always a middle schooler or high schooler, and he always has the most powerful mecha by a massive margin (no dramatic tension in fights), and he's often not even a soldier-in-training or cadet, he's just a regular schmuck who gets a robot. As he effortlessly defeats his opponents, he learns about the power of friendship or unleashes a terrible secret or you know whatever cliched plot. Also, his robot gets at least one major upgrade per season, or has multiple sets of armor it can wear, so that the toymakers can sell even more toys. Also every robot is designed to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible and not at all like a real robot would be, because why not.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 08:00:59
September 22 2014 07:56 GMT
#65
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.

That being said there are some pretty good anime about high school kids. Like the Melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, Toradora!, Angel Beats! etc.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 22 2014 07:57 GMT
#66
On September 22 2014 16:45 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 16:28 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2014 15:43 kushm4sta wrote:
Why do anime's always have to be about school kids? maybe because only kids are dumb enough to like anime?


They are not always about school kids. And I like anime and I am not dumb nor am I a kid.

That is a total lie. + Show Spoiler [You Know What I'm Going To Say] +
We all know you're secretly a 14 year old girl with a crush on Justin Bieber.


Having heard my voice, I'm not sure how you could even pretend to believe that.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 22 2014 08:00 GMT
#67
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 08:04:52
September 22 2014 08:02 GMT
#68
On September 22 2014 17:00 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.


I have only watched two mecha anime, Accel World and Eureka Seven. Both were pretty good. I only started watching anime in May though so i'm a noobie.

Not a huge fan of the mecha concept overall either.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 22 2014 08:08 GMT
#69
On September 22 2014 17:02 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:00 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.


I have only watched two mecha anime, Accel World and Eureka Seven. Both were pretty good. I only started watching anime in May though so i'm a noobie.


I would beg to differ.

I think we need to differenciate anime types properly first.

There are those anime like vanguard, beyblade etc. That arr oobviouly meant to sell toys to children.

However, there are also anime like gundam 00, madoka or clannad, which may seem like something kids watch, but you don't really want kids near those shows.

What i feel is that these themes appeal to most of their viewerbase (read: otakus and weeabos), which are their main consumers who buy their merchandise. If they started making adult animes (welcome to the NHS, etc), they will never gather as large as a following as more appealing animes like steinsgate.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 08:10:54
September 22 2014 08:09 GMT
#70
On September 22 2014 17:02 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:00 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.


I have only watched two mecha anime, Accel World and Eureka Seven. Both were pretty good. I only started watching anime in May though so i'm a noobie.


Both are pretty good as mecha anime go, though not the very top of the heap. Accel World's VR premise is ok but not nearly as well done as some other anime do it, and Eureka Seven has a lot of "because plot" going on, which isn't to say it's awful or anything. Eureka Seven is very entertaining. They're both well above average. With mecha anime it's exceedingly hard to find good anime so even well above average is excellent.

BTW I consider most mecha anime to be "sell toys to children" anime, even the decent ones, because that's really what they're all about.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-22 08:13:39
September 22 2014 08:11 GMT
#71
On September 22 2014 17:08 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:00 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.


I have only watched two mecha anime, Accel World and Eureka Seven. Both were pretty good. I only started watching anime in May though so i'm a noobie.


I would beg to differ.

I think we need to differenciate anime types properly first.

There are those anime like vanguard, beyblade etc. That arr oobviouly meant to sell toys to children.

However, there are also anime like gundam 00, madoka or clannad, which may seem like something kids watch, but you don't really want kids near those shows.

What i feel is that these themes appeal to most of their viewerbase (read: otakus and weeabos), which are their main consumers who buy their merchandise. If they started making adult animes (welcome to the NHS, etc), they will never gather as large as a following as more appealing animes like steinsgate.


Only watched Steins Gate and Clannad out of all those you mentioned so I have trouble forming a point of reference for your argument.

Anyone Watched Mirai Nikki? That is about High Schoolers but is CERTAINLY not for kids.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 22 2014 08:12 GMT
#72
On September 22 2014 16:50 Blazinghand wrote:
Anime are about kids because a lot of anime is aimed at kids. A general assumption of modern artists and cartoon studios is that kids only want to see shows about kids (like making new seasons of Teen Titans but not Superfriends). Probably the worst offender of this sort are Mecha anime (anime about large robots fighting) which often exist for the explicit purpose of selling toys to small children. The main character is always a middle schooler or high schooler, and he always has the most powerful mecha by a massive margin (no dramatic tension in fights), and he's often not even a soldier-in-training or cadet, he's just a regular schmuck who gets a robot. As he effortlessly defeats his opponents, he learns about the power of friendship or unleashes a terrible secret or you know whatever cliched plot. Also, his robot gets at least one major upgrade per season, or has multiple sets of armor it can wear, so that the toymakers can sell even more toys. Also every robot is designed to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible and not at all like a real robot would be, because why not.


Those are money milking shows lol.
You will literally never see anyone remembering how good those shows were.
For example, the better mecha animes would be evangelion, RaXephon, gundam series (they have alternate series for kids and adults, like gundam 00 was for adults whereas gundam age is for kids) while the money milking mecha animes would be crap like.... i don't even remember them.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 22 2014 08:13 GMT
#73
On September 22 2014 17:11 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:08 HaruRH wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:00 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.


I have only watched two mecha anime, Accel World and Eureka Seven. Both were pretty good. I only started watching anime in May though so i'm a noobie.


I would beg to differ.

I think we need to differenciate anime types properly first.

There are those anime like vanguard, beyblade etc. That arr oobviouly meant to sell toys to children.

However, there are also anime like gundam 00, madoka or clannad, which may seem like something kids watch, but you don't really want kids near those shows.

What i feel is that these themes appeal to most of their viewerbase (read: otakus and weeabos), which are their main consumers who buy their merchandise. If they started making adult animes (welcome to the NHS, etc), they will never gather as large as a following as more appealing animes like steinsgate.


Only watched Steins Gate and Clannad out of all those you mentioned so I have trouble forming a point of reference for your argument.


Would you let your child watch clannad or beyblade?
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 22 2014 08:15 GMT
#74
On September 22 2014 17:11 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:08 HaruRH wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:00 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.


I have only watched two mecha anime, Accel World and Eureka Seven. Both were pretty good. I only started watching anime in May though so i'm a noobie.


I would beg to differ.

I think we need to differenciate anime types properly first.

There are those anime like vanguard, beyblade etc. That arr oobviouly meant to sell toys to children.

However, there are also anime like gundam 00, madoka or clannad, which may seem like something kids watch, but you don't really want kids near those shows.

What i feel is that these themes appeal to most of their viewerbase (read: otakus and weeabos), which are their main consumers who buy their merchandise. If they started making adult animes (welcome to the NHS, etc), they will never gather as large as a following as more appealing animes like steinsgate.


Only watched Steins Gate and Clannad out of all those you mentioned so I have trouble forming a point of reference for your argument.

Anyone Watched Mirai Nikki? That is about High Schoolers but is CERTAINLY not for kids.


Yup. Or elfen lied. It is about high schoolers but... no. Also school days. Not recommended for anyone below 16.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 22 2014 08:17 GMT
#75
On September 22 2014 17:13 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:11 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:08 HaruRH wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2014 17:00 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 22 2014 16:56 DarthPunk wrote:
There is a whole lot of Seinen out there also. Not everything is aimed at kids. Like most forms of media there are different genres that suit different demographics.


Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have good anime or anime aimed at adults out there. I consider myself a connoisseur of anime and I think there's really good stuff out there, even in the mecha genre. If the question is what's the deal with all this kid MCs, the answer is that a good proportion of anime, most of anime, is aimed at kids. It's a diverse genre with all kinds of stuff though.


I have only watched two mecha anime, Accel World and Eureka Seven. Both were pretty good. I only started watching anime in May though so i'm a noobie.


I would beg to differ.

I think we need to differenciate anime types properly first.

There are those anime like vanguard, beyblade etc. That arr oobviouly meant to sell toys to children.

However, there are also anime like gundam 00, madoka or clannad, which may seem like something kids watch, but you don't really want kids near those shows.

What i feel is that these themes appeal to most of their viewerbase (read: otakus and weeabos), which are their main consumers who buy their merchandise. If they started making adult animes (welcome to the NHS, etc), they will never gather as large as a following as more appealing animes like steinsgate.


Only watched Steins Gate and Clannad out of all those you mentioned so I have trouble forming a point of reference for your argument.


Would you let your child watch clannad or beyblade?


I think Clannad would be fine because you could only understand why it is super depressing if you are reasonably aware enough to emotionally deal with it. That's just my point of view though.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 22 2014 08:17 GMT
#76
On September 22 2014 17:12 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 16:50 Blazinghand wrote:
Anime are about kids because a lot of anime is aimed at kids. A general assumption of modern artists and cartoon studios is that kids only want to see shows about kids (like making new seasons of Teen Titans but not Superfriends). Probably the worst offender of this sort are Mecha anime (anime about large robots fighting) which often exist for the explicit purpose of selling toys to small children. The main character is always a middle schooler or high schooler, and he always has the most powerful mecha by a massive margin (no dramatic tension in fights), and he's often not even a soldier-in-training or cadet, he's just a regular schmuck who gets a robot. As he effortlessly defeats his opponents, he learns about the power of friendship or unleashes a terrible secret or you know whatever cliched plot. Also, his robot gets at least one major upgrade per season, or has multiple sets of armor it can wear, so that the toymakers can sell even more toys. Also every robot is designed to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible and not at all like a real robot would be, because why not.


Those are money milking shows lol.
You will literally never see anyone remembering how good those shows were.
For example, the better mecha animes would be evangelion, RaXephon, gundam series (they have alternate series for kids and adults, like gundam 00 was for adults whereas gundam age is for kids) while the money milking mecha animes would be crap like.... i don't even remember them.


You are correct. That does not make me incorrect. Our viewpoints are not mutually incompatible. In fact, I think we explicitly agree that these shows are awful, and that there are also good shows.

I would also note that Gundam had good and bad mixed in there. Gundam was noteworthy because it included very bland and utilitarian mechs for one side of the conflict, which was pretty excellent. There are plenty of Gundam shows that regardless of their literary quality (be they awful, like Gundam SEED, or hilarious/good like G Gundam), were pretty much created to sell toys.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 22 2014 08:22 GMT
#77
One of you two should make a TL mafia Anime thread. You can recommend all sorts of tasty anime for me to discover.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 22 2014 08:23 GMT
#78
On September 22 2014 17:17 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:12 HaruRH wrote:
On September 22 2014 16:50 Blazinghand wrote:
Anime are about kids because a lot of anime is aimed at kids. A general assumption of modern artists and cartoon studios is that kids only want to see shows about kids (like making new seasons of Teen Titans but not Superfriends). Probably the worst offender of this sort are Mecha anime (anime about large robots fighting) which often exist for the explicit purpose of selling toys to small children. The main character is always a middle schooler or high schooler, and he always has the most powerful mecha by a massive margin (no dramatic tension in fights), and he's often not even a soldier-in-training or cadet, he's just a regular schmuck who gets a robot. As he effortlessly defeats his opponents, he learns about the power of friendship or unleashes a terrible secret or you know whatever cliched plot. Also, his robot gets at least one major upgrade per season, or has multiple sets of armor it can wear, so that the toymakers can sell even more toys. Also every robot is designed to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible and not at all like a real robot would be, because why not.


Those are money milking shows lol.
You will literally never see anyone remembering how good those shows were.
For example, the better mecha animes would be evangelion, RaXephon, gundam series (they have alternate series for kids and adults, like gundam 00 was for adults whereas gundam age is for kids) while the money milking mecha animes would be crap like.... i don't even remember them.


You are correct. That does not make me incorrect. Our viewpoints are not mutually incompatible. In fact, I think we explicitly agree that these shows are awful, and that there are also good shows.

I would also note that Gundam had good and bad mixed in there. Gundam was noteworthy because it included very bland and utilitarian mechs for one side of the conflict, which was pretty excellent. There are plenty of Gundam shows that regardless of their literary quality (be they awful, like Gundam SEED, or hilarious/good like G Gundam), were pretty much created to sell toys.


I think its a perspective thing here lol. I have watched so many animes, i have made a clear distinction between children shows and animes aimed at older audiences. I will never watch kid shows.
Calling gundam bland made my fanboy heart hurt lol. Like i said, gundam's main audiences were definitely not children, because 1) their model kits are VERY expensive 2) their model kits are not easy to piece together.
i would say it is aimed for teenagers and above, regardless of their intention to sell toys or not. I am an offender since i have many gundam model kits, but yea. I don't see kids with gundam model kits.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 22 2014 08:24 GMT
#79
On September 22 2014 17:22 DarthPunk wrote:
One of you two should make a TL mafia Anime thread. You can recommend all sorts of tasty anime for me to discover.


http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

Go wild.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 22 2014 08:27 GMT
#80
On September 22 2014 17:24 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2014 17:22 DarthPunk wrote:
One of you two should make a TL mafia Anime thread. You can recommend all sorts of tasty anime for me to discover.


http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

Go wild.


Hahahaha and I thought I had watched a lot at 15 days worth.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 92 93 94 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings109
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko345
SHIN 232
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41706
Bisu 2290
Shuttle 1837
Hyuk 1686
EffOrt 423
Soma 413
Larva 406
Mini 378
ZerO 301
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
Last 113
hero 93
Leta 82
Zeus 71
Pusan 58
Trap 50
Sexy 48
Hyun 48
Hm[arnc] 40
Killer 39
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
PianO 23
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 13
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Rock 6
Sacsri 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc4496
qojqva1434
Dendi973
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor854
crisheroes686
Liquid`Hasu111
Other Games
gofns39573
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1180
Happy275
DeMusliM241
Livibee218
Mew2King93
Liquid`VortiX75
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9239
League of Legends
• Jankos1713
Other Games
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 48m
INu's Battles
22h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.