• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8087 users

II Titanic Mini Mafia - Page 55

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 184 Next
Plutarch
Profile Joined December 2013
Greece515 Posts
December 11 2013 14:56 GMT
#1081
##unvote

##vote: Spag

I think spag has a very good chance of flipping scum. Please vig Slam.
To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
December 11 2013 14:58 GMT
#1082
that case was too fucked up for speghetti to be scum I think
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 14:58 GMT
#1083
On December 11 2013 23:48 Plutarch wrote:
I find this post interesting and perhaps more important in reading spag's alignment than his actual case.

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:19 Spaghetticus wrote:
I respect your ability as I said Pluto. The town read was bad, you would know this as either alignment.

I'm also only FOSing you. I know that this is not strong enough to get either of you lynched, and I'm not confident enough either way to actually want you lynched.

My purpose behind this post was to demonstrate that I've been thinking as a town. You're acting crazy defensive tho.



Generally the purpose of scum hunting is to lynch and find scum But in this post spag clearly states his motivation for scumhunting as survival.

The first part Spag backtrack's from his read. Note that in order for his association case to be meaningful at all he must believe that both Kush and I are both scum or his case falls apart. Yet he is calling kush scum but only 'FoS'ing' me.

(As an aside I hate the term FOS and believe it should never be used.)

He says that his case is not strong enough to get us lynch nor that he actually wants us lynched. Discrediting your own cases immediately is something I associate with scum. Town wants people to follow their reads scum wants to appear active but actually achieve nothing.

In that case why make the case at all? Well that is answered in the last part of the post.
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:19 Spaghetticus wrote:
My purpose behind this post was to demonstrate that I've been thinking as a town.


His 'case' was purely an exercise in 'appearing to be town'. The motive behind it is self preservation rather than finding scum.

I understand that the preservation instinct appears within a town mindset also. But I felt that this post immediately following the case, which was much less crafted than it, reveals a scummy mindset.


Yes it's survival. But calling it only survival is BS. I was demonstrating that I've been thinking about who is town and who isn't. Note that I didn't backtrack my read, it was the explicit intention of it. Also note that I wasn't in any real danger of being lynched D1, though I thought it best to post for days to come.

The scenario is that I've been thinking along townie lines, but not demonstrating it. I've not got any strong strong reads, and haven't tried to fake any, which is typical of my playstyle (rayne I will address your aspersions shortly). I didn't go for a scummy play, which is to sew confusion. I tried to put down a read that demonstrates both that I am thinking, but also the reason I hadn't posted until now.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 14:59 GMT
#1084
On December 11 2013 23:53 Plutarch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:48 Spaghetticus wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yes i am steering the town into lynching you because you have made 70 posts that say absolutely nothing. All you have to say is someone is mafia because of some assumed connection because they tried to guess someone's identity. Every other post you have made is an OMGUS to call out people who are telling you to go scumhunt or telling you why your logic does not make sense. You are not really trying to find mafia and your attitude towards people in this game gives out you are working under fear, pressure, insecureness and inherent guilt.

##Vote: Spaghetticus


Hmm... this is frustrating. Up until recently I had you green. I still think you probably green though I'm beginning to doubt myself. This attack is... too specific. I'm not the scummiest person here, your vote seems motivated by something other than lynching the scummiest player.

OMGUS? Yes I have a tendency to attack people that attack me. Where better to start? To dismiss my points as OMGUS though... I haven't been illogical, and I've attacked people for legitimate reasons.


I find it incredible that you are casting suspicion on two of the most clearly town people in the game.


Also typical of my style. See every game in my filter ever.
Plutarch
Profile Joined December 2013
Greece515 Posts
December 11 2013 15:01 GMT
#1085
On December 11 2013 23:58 kushm4sta wrote:
that case was too fucked up for speghetti to be scum I think


That is a good point actually.

But his meta. Look at how differently he has played in this game to his last.

Add that to not scum hunting and posting cases purely for survival. Eh I'm not sure.
To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
December 11 2013 15:02 GMT
#1086
I think scum are going to make more obvious cases and attack generalized scumtells, like wishy washiness. Or they would go after players like alakaslam or purple (easy targets). Speghetti's case is just odd and I can't see scum ever making it.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
December 11 2013 15:03 GMT
#1087
On December 11 2013 23:59 Spaghetticus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:53 Plutarch wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:48 Spaghetticus wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yes i am steering the town into lynching you because you have made 70 posts that say absolutely nothing. All you have to say is someone is mafia because of some assumed connection because they tried to guess someone's identity. Every other post you have made is an OMGUS to call out people who are telling you to go scumhunt or telling you why your logic does not make sense. You are not really trying to find mafia and your attitude towards people in this game gives out you are working under fear, pressure, insecureness and inherent guilt.

##Vote: Spaghetticus


Hmm... this is frustrating. Up until recently I had you green. I still think you probably green though I'm beginning to doubt myself. This attack is... too specific. I'm not the scummiest person here, your vote seems motivated by something other than lynching the scummiest player.

OMGUS? Yes I have a tendency to attack people that attack me. Where better to start? To dismiss my points as OMGUS though... I haven't been illogical, and I've attacked people for legitimate reasons.


I find it incredible that you are casting suspicion on two of the most clearly town people in the game.


Also typical of my style. See every game in my filter ever.
Wait, so you agree that they're "two of the most clearly town people in the game"?
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 15:04 GMT
#1088
On December 11 2013 23:51 Plutarch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:36 Plutarch wrote:
Anyway. I'm not sure if that case makes Spag more or less likely to be town. Generally people making conspiracy theory cases such as that are more likely to be town due to the greater likelihood of townies being paranoid etc.

But the case is also awful and doesn't ring true to me, after so much time and after apparently being on his second read through of the thread I would expect something more than that.

What do you think rayn? Is spag more or less likely to be scum after reading that case?

Just look at the post he made in LXIII half past D1 where he shared his thoughts.
Seriously, his behavior in this game and there is like comparing a day and a night..


This is a good point actually. I read through that game and spag appeared to be clearly town. This game he is scummy as shit.


That game (and note that I've already stated this and you didn't like that I did) I had a very strong read. Out of my five previous games I'm pretty sure last one is the only one in which I caught scumsign that early. Thinking that one datapoint a trend makes is particularly wrong in this case. I'm usually under fire for being active but not having strong reads.

If you are who I think you are Plutarch, you know this (meant for Plutarch only, if it's inapplicable, ignore).
Plutarch
Profile Joined December 2013
Greece515 Posts
December 11 2013 15:04 GMT
#1089
On December 12 2013 00:03 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:59 Spaghetticus wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:53 Plutarch wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:48 Spaghetticus wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yes i am steering the town into lynching you because you have made 70 posts that say absolutely nothing. All you have to say is someone is mafia because of some assumed connection because they tried to guess someone's identity. Every other post you have made is an OMGUS to call out people who are telling you to go scumhunt or telling you why your logic does not make sense. You are not really trying to find mafia and your attitude towards people in this game gives out you are working under fear, pressure, insecureness and inherent guilt.

##Vote: Spaghetticus


Hmm... this is frustrating. Up until recently I had you green. I still think you probably green though I'm beginning to doubt myself. This attack is... too specific. I'm not the scummiest person here, your vote seems motivated by something other than lynching the scummiest player.

OMGUS? Yes I have a tendency to attack people that attack me. Where better to start? To dismiss my points as OMGUS though... I haven't been illogical, and I've attacked people for legitimate reasons.


I find it incredible that you are casting suspicion on two of the most clearly town people in the game.


Also typical of my style. See every game in my filter ever.
Wait, so you agree that they're "two of the most clearly town people in the game"?

lol
To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 15:07 GMT
#1090
On December 12 2013 00:03 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:59 Spaghetticus wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:53 Plutarch wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:48 Spaghetticus wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yes i am steering the town into lynching you because you have made 70 posts that say absolutely nothing. All you have to say is someone is mafia because of some assumed connection because they tried to guess someone's identity. Every other post you have made is an OMGUS to call out people who are telling you to go scumhunt or telling you why your logic does not make sense. You are not really trying to find mafia and your attitude towards people in this game gives out you are working under fear, pressure, insecureness and inherent guilt.

##Vote: Spaghetticus


Hmm... this is frustrating. Up until recently I had you green. I still think you probably green though I'm beginning to doubt myself. This attack is... too specific. I'm not the scummiest person here, your vote seems motivated by something other than lynching the scummiest player.

OMGUS? Yes I have a tendency to attack people that attack me. Where better to start? To dismiss my points as OMGUS though... I haven't been illogical, and I've attacked people for legitimate reasons.


I find it incredible that you are casting suspicion on two of the most clearly town people in the game.


Also typical of my style. See every game in my filter ever.
Wait, so you agree that they're "two of the most clearly town people in the game"?


I agree that pluto has established his towniness well, but I'm also thrown into wifom by who I think he is. I don't think Kush is established at all, but rayne has also done a fairly good job establishing himself prior to this.

Assuming we're talking about Pluto and Rayne, I agree that they are both established as town, but I don't think them strongly town (thought they were initially in my reads).
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 15:11 GMT
#1091
I'm reneging my association case.

Kush is either town or way better at impression management than I give him credit for.

I void any of my initial reads on Plutarch based on this, but his responses are interesting to me.
Plutarch
Profile Joined December 2013
Greece515 Posts
December 11 2013 15:16 GMT
#1092
On December 12 2013 00:04 Spaghetticus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 23:51 Plutarch wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 11 2013 23:36 Plutarch wrote:
Anyway. I'm not sure if that case makes Spag more or less likely to be town. Generally people making conspiracy theory cases such as that are more likely to be town due to the greater likelihood of townies being paranoid etc.

But the case is also awful and doesn't ring true to me, after so much time and after apparently being on his second read through of the thread I would expect something more than that.

What do you think rayn? Is spag more or less likely to be scum after reading that case?

Just look at the post he made in LXIII half past D1 where he shared his thoughts.
Seriously, his behavior in this game and there is like comparing a day and a night..


This is a good point actually. I read through that game and spag appeared to be clearly town. This game he is scummy as shit.


That game (and note that I've already stated this and you didn't like that I did) I had a very strong read. Out of my five previous games I'm pretty sure last one is the only one in which I caught scumsign that early. Thinking that one datapoint a trend makes is particularly wrong in this case. I'm usually under fire for being active but not having strong reads.

If you are who I think you are Plutarch, you know this (meant for Plutarch only, if it's inapplicable, ignore).


This is actually bullshit. I just went and look through your previous two town games and the quality of your posts and scum hunting were much better than in this game.

[g]Town[/g] LXIII: This post was very solid and made at the start of day one.


[g]Town[/g] NMM XXXIV: This post and This where both very solid and made early day one.


In this game you have done nothing but appear active.
To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
December 11 2013 15:16 GMT
#1093
IDK, it really sounds like spag isn't making cases based on who he thinks is scum. More like he's trying to just trying to make cases that scum would be too ballsy to make.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 11 2013 15:16 GMT
#1094
So who do you actually think is mafia?
You just gave three "scumreads" then backpedalled from all of them in like 5min.
table for two on a tv tray
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 15:19 GMT
#1095
I was interacting. The Kush + Pluto was a scumread. You and pluto on an individual level was mostly just interaction. I'm not backpedalling from you or Pluto. I think your arguments both weak and motivated, and want to know why.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
December 11 2013 15:24 GMT
#1096
yeah ##vote Spaghetticus

Like Plu said: He's almost comes right out and said that he's making scum cases to prove his own towniness

And then he pretty much admits that he's casting suspicion on townie looking people because it's "typical of [his] style". So again, he's pointing out how what he's saying makes him town.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 15:27 GMT
#1097
Shit JarJar that's pathetic.

Maybe if you twist my words just a little I'll just come out and say "I'm scum"

There is a difference between who I think is town and who I think others think are town. That this is what sways your vote is disappointing. Why not look at Pluto's meta-case, that's a lot more convincing.

Srsly, I'd FOS you bit I'm running out of fingers. Logic plz.
Spaghetticus
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia451 Posts
December 11 2013 15:29 GMT
#1098
I'm now working on refuting that case btw. It'll take awhile because it's gonna require a lot of tabs and it is by far the weightiest attack on me so far. The rest will have to wait.
Plutarch
Profile Joined December 2013
Greece515 Posts
December 11 2013 15:30 GMT
#1099
On December 12 2013 00:29 Spaghetticus wrote:
I'm now working on refuting that case btw. It'll take awhile because it's gonna require a lot of tabs and it is by far the weightiest attack on me so far. The rest will have to wait.


Don't bother. The only thing that will save you is being proactive and productive in scum hunting.
To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
December 11 2013 15:31 GMT
#1100
On December 12 2013 00:27 Spaghetticus wrote:
Shit JarJar that's pathetic.

Maybe if you twist my words just a little I'll just come out and say "I'm scum"

There is a difference between who I think is town and who I think others think are town. That this is what sways your vote is disappointing. Why not look at Pluto's meta-case, that's a lot more convincing.

Srsly, I'd FOS you bit I'm running out of fingers. Logic plz.
What caused you to reneg ur Kush case?
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings93
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft270
ByuN 262
RuFF_SC2 128
ViBE69
CosmosSc2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2243
GuemChi 1394
Artosis 618
Sharp 82
910 55
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 622
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox838
Other Games
summit1g9037
Day[9].tv787
shahzam673
JimRising 599
C9.Mang0318
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
• EnkiAlexander 38
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv787
• Shiphtur670
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 52m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.